This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Preliminary Points (Tathakur):
I. 'Amilu Salih: eííort, endea·or, labor needed to do the íollowing:
1. Build the healthv human personalitv. Build character oí human indi·idual so that he´she reaches potential
2. Healthv lamilv liíe - basic social unit. Man & woman join together and íorm a íamilv.
3. Build a healthv societv - concept oí social ·alues diííers signiíicantlv across diííerent cultures´societies.
\hat is the concept oí social ·alues and social e·ils which must be eradicated.
4. Lstablish a healthv and just social order - keep the Muslim umma united and strong.
II. Qur'anic íounations oí character de·elopment oí a Mu'min.
A. Lesson 1: Surat al-Mu'minoon & Surat al-Maarij - íoundations oí Mu'min character.
B. Lesson 2: Description oí the íullv-íormed, mature mu`min personalitv - 1rue bondsman oí Allah ·ibadur-
III. 1wo Additional Points contained in this lesson
A. Also include summarv oí the biggest sins.
a. Small sins - washed oíí automaticallv bv good deeds.
b. Bigger sins - cannot be íorgi·en without taubat.
B. Prerequisites oí true 1aubat.
I. Summarv oí Imaan - avaat 41 & 2:
A. tabaraka` - Blessed`, Hallowed`
1. Mubarak - bring about a good that is alreadv inherent. Actualizing the potential.
a. rain is mubarak - brings out the potential oí the earth ·íood,.
b. Qur`an is mubarak - acti·ates the di·ine potential within oursel·es.
2. 1abaraka Allah - Blessed is Allah, the One who brings out all good.
B. Placed in the hea·en mansions oí the stars
1. until now, we don`t know what the true meaning is oí these words.
2. Allah mav re·eal this to us sometime in the íuture. - avat írom Ha Meem as-Sajda.
(. Has placed therein a lamp - siraj
1. process oí combustion in the sun
D. And a moon - reílecting´shining light.
1. Moon doesn`t generate light, but onlv reílects the light.
L. It is He who has appointed night and dav in succession íor him who desires
1. Remembrance oí Allah
a. essential aspect oí pure human nature - wants to gi·e thanks íor the good.
b. Pure intellect enables man to recognize that Allah is the true beneíactor.
c. Recall Surat al-Luqmaan.
II. Description oí mature Mu`min character - sla·es oí ar-Rahman
A. \alk upon the earth moderstlv
1. Understand the might and grandeur oí their (reator, and thereíore, walk in humilitv.
2. (haracter is reílected in the walk
3. Gentle people
B. \hen íoolish people ·jahiloon, address them, thev respond Peace`
1. Jahiloon - impulsi·e people, people who íollow their animal instincts
2. \hen jahiloon are argumentati·e - not íor the sake oí real discussion and learning, but merelv to argue -
then the belie·ers a·oid entering into argument and sav Peace`.
3. Belie·ers recognize that there is an appropriate time to gi·e da`wa, but ií the circumstances are not
conduci·e, then thev do not engage in ·ain argumentation.
4. Must be wise and mature in gi·ing da`wa.
(. Spend their nights prostrating and standing beíore their Lord - tahajjud pravers.
1. 1hese pravers are ·oluntarv pravers.
2. lirst lesson, discussed íard pravers. Here, when discussing the mature mu`min character, thev go bevond
the íard dailv pravers and spend some oí their time during the night in praver.
D. Ask Allah to a·ert the doom oí hell
1. mustaqar - permanent abode
2. maqaam - temporarv place. Hellíire is so bad that e·en ií vou are onlv there íor a ·erv short time, it will be
3. (ontrasted with Hea·en in avat 4¯6, which is a place oí happiness whether íor permanent abode ·mustaqar,
or temporarv place ·maqaam,.
L. Spend in moderation - neither la·ishlv nor miserlv.
1. Israaí - extra·agance. Should íulíill vou needs, but to indulge is ·erv bad.
a. Lat vour íood, but don`t indulge in se·eral dishes.
b. Buving clothes and barelv using them.
l. A·oid the 3 biggest crimes: \hoe·er commits anv one oí them, he will ha·e to meet the punishment.
1. Shirk - in·oke or call anv other god ·angel, prophet, saint, idol, íalse gods, anv person, etc.,.
a. (an call íor help along the phvsical laws - ask íriend íor glass oí water.
b. \hate·er is regarding the ghaib, can onlv address Allah.
c. Note, the pagan Arabs belie·ed in Allah - but associated others with him.
i. On night beíore Badr, Abu Jahl praved to Allah asking Allah to gi·e him ·ictorv because
Muhammad ·SA\S, broke the bonds oí íamilv. lather íought against son, brother against
brother, uncle against nephew, etc.
ii. Ne·er in·oked anv other god - onlv to Allah.
2. Murder - don`t kill human liíe which Allah has made sacred.
a. Lxceptions - illa bil-Haq.
i. (an kill kaíir in war. (an`t kill war
ii. Muslim who is married and commits adulterv - stone to death.
iii. Muslim who has committed murder - willinglv. 1hen íamilv has the option to ha·e him slain, to
accept blood-monev, or íorgi·e him.
i·. Muslim who is murtad in an Islamic state. Ií lea·e Islam, must be killed.
III. Avat 4 69 - On the Dav oí Judgment, the punishment will be doubled.
A. 1hose who denv the ·aliditv oí hadeeth - denv punishment oí the gra·e. 1his avat reíutes this denial.
B. Prophet ·SA\S, has told us oí the punishment oí the gra·e. During intermediate period between death and
Dav oí Resurrection, there will be punishment.
1. Prophet ·SA\S, said that the gra·e is either one oí two things - small garden ·paradise, or small hellíire.
2. Prophet ·SA\S, said that írom the gra·e a window opens up, írom which either hot air írom hellíire will
penetrate or a window will open írom Jenna.
3. 1his avat reíerences this period between death and Dav oí Judgement - double punishment. Suggests there
is alreadv some punishment that will now be doubled.
4. 1his is the ghaib - we must belie·e what the Prophet ·SA\S, told us concerning it.
5. 1his period resembles a dream:
a. Ií it is a ·erv scarv dream´nightmare, then vou will see the exasperation reílected on their bodies -
sweat, trembling, etc..
b. Ií it is a pleasant dream, vou will see the happiness reílected on his bodv.
6. Period enter hellíire or Jenna on the Dav oí Judgment, but beíore this - during the inter·ening period
between death and Dav oí Judgment - there is a reílection oí the íinal íate.
¯. \hoe·er is sent to the Hellíire will be disgraced and punished íor e·er.
IV. 1hose who escape Hellíire.
A. 1aubat: return
1. returning to Allah. Returning to the true path.
2. (onditions íor taubat:
a. Real and actual repentence
b. lirm resol·e not to commit the sin again.
c. 1o actuallv gi·e it up.
d. Ií vou ha·e transgressed against another human, must ask íor íorgi·enss írom the person who vou
transgressed. Or vou can trv to compenstate them. Must íulíill the huqooq oí the poeople - this is
between vou and the person vou transgressed.
i. Hadeeth: Prophet ·SA\S, asked the sahaba, do vou know who is a poor person ·no monev,.`
1he companions replied that the muílis is the one who doesn`t ha·e anv monev. 1he Prophet
·SA\S, said no, the muílis oí mv umma is the person who comes on the Dav oí Judgment
with a big load oí good deeds ·salat, Haj, etc, but he cheated others. On the Dav oí
Judgment, his good deeds will be gi·en to those who ha·e a claim on him until he has no
more good deeds. 1hen, the claimants will gi·e their sins to this person to compensate them.
1hen he will be thrown into hellíire because oí the sins oí others.
3. Real taubat is ·erv high in the eves oí Allah. Allah lo·es those who make real taubat.
a. L·erv human makes mistakes
b. 1wo tvpes oí mistakes inherent in all humans.
i. Lrror oí Judgment
ii. Mistake - khata
c. Allah transíorms the e·il deeds into good deeds íor those who make real taubat.
B. Imaan - the one who has íresh Imaan or who has re·i·ed Imaan.
1. Hadeeth: \hen vou commit a big sin, Imaan lea·es the heart, and ho·ers around the head like a bird. Ií he
commits real taubat, the imaan returns, otherwise it lea·es.
2. (an`t ha·e real Imaan and commit a big sin.
(. Good deeds
1. must pro·e the Imaan bv doing good deeds - avat 4¯1.
2. Allah turns the e·il deeds into good deeds íor those who make real taubat.
V. (ontinuing with Description oí mature Mu`min.
A. Do not witness ·anitv
1. A·oid being present when something wrong is being done.
2. Intentionallv a·oid anvthing is that is ·ain´useless - spend their either to íulíill need or in worship.
3. Ií thev come across some ·ain pastimes, thev walk bv with dignitv.
B. 1hose who don`t recei·e the avaat oí Allah with deaíness and blindness.
1. 1he Kuíaar were alreadv predecided to reject the truth being taught bv Muhammad ·SA\S,.
2. \hene·er a sermon is being taught, and Allah`s words are being mentioned, thev listen attenti·elv.
(. lind their entertainment, pleasure with their íamilies.
D. Biggest desire íor their íamilv is that their íamilv is also strong practicing muslims.
1. Don`t measure success in children bv worldlv gains, but bv their condition in the hereaíter.
2. Make us Imaam oí the Mutaqqi
a. Misunderstood - some people think this is that the Mu`min personalitv wants to be a leader - íor
íame, power, etc.
b. Actuallv, e·erv man is a natural leader - leader oí his íamilv.
i. On the Dav oí Judgment, vou will be íollowed bv vour íamilv.
ii. \ant that on that Dav, vour oííspring are successíul and are among the mutaqqi.
iii. Note - a poweríul measure oí true ·irtue´taqwa. Ií someone is reallv ·irtuous, he will raise his
children to be mutaqqi. Ií he is onlv outwardlv mutaqqi, then he will not exert the eííort to
prepare his children íor the akheera.
1. Shah xxx - 4 children and grandchildren
2. Nuh ·AS,
a. 3 out oí 4 children íollowed and accepted him.
b. It is possible that vou children will reject vour eííorts to raise them as mutaqqi - as
with one oí Nuh`s ·AS, children. Still, the eííort was constantlv there to call his son
to the straight path. Out oí his own íree will, his son rejected.
i·. Oh Allah, íor those whom vou ha·e made us leaders, make them mutaqqi.
VI. 1hese are the people who will be rewarded High places in Jenna
A. Because thev were among the sabiroon - patient, perse·erant.
B. \ill be welcomed with greetings and good wishes, and the greeting oí Peace`.
(. \ill remain there íore·er.
D. Jenna is a ·erv beautiíul abode as permanent abode and e·en ií just íor a short time.
1. \ill not get bored oí the pleasure in paradise. 1he charms oí Jenna will continuouslv increase.
VII. linal avat - Imaan bir-Risalah.
A. Allah has sent a messenger to Qur`aish because thev make du`a to Allah.
B. Also, Allah does not destrov a people unless a messenger has been sent to them and thev openlv reject the
(. Now that vou ha·e rejected and belied the Messenger ·SA\S,, vou will be judged on that basis. 1he result
will cling to vou íore·er.