Interviews with 700 adult Americans conducted by telephone by

Opinion Research Corporation on May 2, 2011. The margin of
sampling error for results based on the total sample is plus or
minus 3.5 percentage points.
The sample also includes 649 interviews among registered voters
(plus or minus 4 percentage points).

FOR RELEASE: TUESDAY, MAY 3 AT 12:30 PM

8
1

-1-

May 2, 2011

1.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president?

Approve
Disapprove
No opinion

Approve
Disapprove
No opinion

Approve
Disapprove
No opinion

Approve
Disapprove
No opinion

Approve
Disapprove
No opinion

Approve
Disapprove
No opinion

Approve
Disapprove
No opinion

May 2
2011

Apr. 29-May 1
2011

52%
43%
5%

51%
46%
3%

Apr. 9-10
2011

Mar. 18-20
2011

Mar. 11-13
2011

Jan. 21-23
2011

Jan. 14-16
2011

Dec. 17-19
2010

48%
50%
2%

51%
47%
2%

50%
47%
3%

55%
44%
1%

53%
45%
2%

48%
48%
4%

Nov. 11-14
2010

Oct. 27-30
2010

Oct. 5-7
2010

Sept. 21-23
2010

Sept. 1-2
2010

Aug. 6-10
2010

48%
50%
3%

46%
51%
4%

45%
52%
3%

42%
54%
4%

50%
49%
1%

47%
51%
2%

July 16-21
2010

June 16
2010

May 21-23
2010

Apr. 9-11
2010

Mar. 25-28
2010

Mar. 19-21
2010

47%
50%
2%

50%
48%
2%

51%
46%
3%

51%
47%
2%

51%
48%
1%

46%
51%
3%

Feb. 12-15
2010

Jan. 22-24
2010

Jan. 8-10
2010

Dec. 16-20
2009

Dec. 2-3
2009

Nov. 13-15
2009

49%
50%
1%

49%
50%
*

51%
48%
1%

54%
44%
2%

48%
50%
2%

55%
42%
3%

Oct. 30-Nov. 1
2009

Oct. 16-18
2009

Sept. 11-13
2009

Aug. 28-31
2009

July 31-Aug. 3
2009

June 26-28
2009

54%
45%
1%

55%
43%
2%

58%
40%
2%

53%
45%
2%

56%
40%
4%

61%
37%
3%

May 14-17
2009

Apr. 23-26
2009

Apr. 3-5
2009

Mar. 12-15
2009

Feb. 18-19
2009

Feb. 7-8
2009

62%
35%
3%

63%
33%
5%

66%
30%
3%

64%
34%
2%

67%
29%
4%

76%
23%
1%

8
1

-2-

May 2, 2011

2.

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling: (RANDOM ORDER)
Approve

Disapprove

No opinion

42%

56%

2%

March 18-20, 2011
January 21-23, 2011
November 11-14, 2010
September 1-2, 2010
July 16-21, 2010
March 25-28, 2010
March 19-21, 2010
January 8-10, 2010
Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2009
September 11-13, 2009
August 28-31, 2009*
March 12-15, 2009

39%
45%
40%
40%
42%
44%
43%
44%
46%
54%
49%
59%

60%
54%
58%
59%
57%
55%
54%
54%
54%
45%
51%
40%

1%
*
2%
2%
*
1%
2%
2%
1%
1%
*
2%

The situation in Afghanistan
May 2, 2011

58%

36%

6%

January 21-23, 2011
September 1-2, 2010
July 16-21, 2010
March 19-21, 2010
January 8-10, 2010
Oct. 30 - Nov. 1, 2009
August 28-31, 2009*
March 12-15, 2009*

51%
48%
46%
55%
51%
42%
49%
67%

46%
47%
51%
42%
47%
56%
46%
29%

3%
5%
3%
3%
3%
2%
5%
5%

67%

30%

3%

60%
56%
50%
52%
53%
50%
52%
61%

38%
38%
47%
46%
45%
49%
45%
35%

3%
6%
3%
2%
2%
1%
3%
4%

The economy
May 2, 2011

Terrorism
May 2, 2011
January 21-23, 2011
November 11-14, 2010
September 1-2, 2010
July 16-21, 2010
March 19-21, 2010
January 8-10, 2010
August 28-31, 2009*
March 12-15, 2009*

8
1

-3-

May 2, 2011

2010 March 19-21.Nov. 1. 2009* 36% 38% 36% 36% 36% 36% 39% 46% 36% 52% 62% 60% 61% 62% 62% 62% 60% 51% 63% 47% 2% 2% 3% 2% 2% 1% 2% 3% 1% 2% 8 1 -4- May 2. 2011 . 2010 Oct. 2011 35% 61% 3% March 18-20. 2010 July 16-21.2. 2010 January 8-10. 2009 August 28-31. 2011 January 21-23. 30 . 2011 November 11-14. Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling: (RANDOM ORDER) Approve Disapprove No opinion The federal budget deficit May 2. 2009* September 11-13. 2009* March 12-15.

Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities. 2008 (RV) March 14-16. 2008* *ASKED OF HALF SAMPLE 8 1 -5- May 2. 2011 April 9-10. 2009* December 19-21. 2011 June 16. 2011 . 30-Nov. 2011 January 14-16. 1. 2010 Oct. (RANDOM ORDER) Is a strong and decisive leader May 2. 1. 2011 June 16. 2010 January 22-24. 2009 February 18-19. 1. 2008 (RV) Can unite the country and not divide it May 2.3. 30 – Nov. 2009* June 26-28. 2009* December 19-21. 1. 2008* Oct. 30 – Nov. 2010 Oct. 2009* June 26-28. 2009* December 19-21. 2009 February 18-19. please say whether you think it applies or doesn’t apply to Barack Obama. 2010 January 22-24. 2008* Applies Does not Apply No Opinion 58% 41% 1% 53% 57% 53% 60% 62% 70% 80% 76% 64% 59% 46% 43% 46% 39% 37% 28% 19% 23% 35% 39% 1% * 1% 1% 1% 1% 1% 1% 1% 3% 50% 48% 2% 49% 51% 77% 50% 48% 21% 1% 1% 2% 57% 42% 1% 56% 57% 63% 72% 75% 82% 43% 43% 37% 27% 24% 18% 1% * * 1% 1% * *QUESTION WORDING IN 2008 AND 2009: "WILL UNITE THE COUNTRY AND NO T DIVIDE IT" Inspires confidence May 2. 2011 January 22-24. 2010 Oct. 30 – Nov.

6-8 2007* May 4-6 2007 Jan. **WORDING: How likely is it that there will be further terrorist attacks in the United States over the next several weeks . somewhat likely. or not at all likely? Very likely Somewhat likely Not too likely Not at all likely No opinion Very likely Somewhat likely Not too likely Not at all likely No opinion May 2 2011 Oct. 5-7 2010 May 21-23 Aug. 1-2 2008 26% 42% 23% 6% 2% 14% 35% 33% 15% 3% 14% 41% 31% 12% 1% 9% 25% 42% 22% 1% 9% 27% 45% 17% 1% Sept. 5-7 2008* June 26-29 2008 Aug. How likely is it that there will be further acts of terrorism in the United States over the next several weeks -. 2011 . 19-21 2007 Aug 18-20 2006* 7% 23% 43% 27% 1% 8% 27% 45% 20% 1% 9% 32% 42% 17% * 11% 27% 37% 23% 2% 9% 29% 41% 18% 3% 16% 38% 31% 13% 2% *ASKED OF HALF SAMPLE CNN/USA TODAY/GALLUP TRENDS 2006 Jan 20-22* 2005 Jul 22-24 2005 Jul 7-10 2005 Jun 16-19 2005 Jan 7-9* 2004 Dec 17-19* 2004 Jul 19-21* 2004 Jan 9-11* 2003 Aug 25-26* 2003 Jul 18-20* 2003 May 19-21 2003 Mar 22-23 2003 Feb 7-9* 2002 Sep 13-16* 2002 Sep 2-4 2002 Jul 5-8* 2002 May 20-22* 2002 Mar 8-9* 2001 Dec 14-16* 2001 Nov 2-4* 2001 Oct 19-21* 2001 Oct 7** 2001 Sep 21-22** Very likely Somewhat likely Not too likely Not at all likely No opinion 14 12 12 4 8 10 12 7 10 7 12 21 16 12 12 15 21 9 17 24 40 41 22 35 45 43 31 31 38 39 39 44 33 45 52 50 44 48 41 44 43 45 50 45 42 44 38 32 35 45 44 39 34 36 35 41 32 20 23 31 28 30 25 32 27 16 10 9 24 11 10 9 18 15 12 11 16 10 16 8 6 9 10 9 12 7 13 8 6 3 4 8 2 1 1 2 2 1 4 2 1 3 3 1 2 3 3 2 3 3 3 4 2 4 2 *Asked of a half sample. not too likely.very likely.very likely.4. or not at all likely? 8 1 -6- May 2. not too likely. somewhat likely. 28-31 2010* 2009 Dec.

37% 42% 4% 11% 4% 3% Do you consider the death of Osama bin Laden to be a major achievement for the United States. a minor achievement. or don't you care one way or the other? May 2 2011 Thrilled Happy Unhappy Don’t care Other (vol. 2011 .5. a minor achievement. or not an achievement at all? Major achievement 82% 2003 Dec 14 8 1 Minor achievement 11% -7- Not an achievement at all 6% No opinion 1% May 2. What is your personal reaction to the death of Osama bin Laden? Are you thrilled. or not an achievement at all? May 2 2011 Major achievement Minor achievement Not an achievement at all No opinion 67% 23% 9% * CNN/USA TODAY/GALLUP TREND FOR COMPARISON QUESTION WORDING: Do you consider finding Saddam Hussein to be a major achievement for the United States.) No opinion 6. happy. unhappy.

and its allies Neither side The terrorists No opinion CNN/USA TODAY/GALLUP TRENDS 2006 Jan 20-22 2005 Aug 28-30* 2005 Jul 7-10 2005 Jun 24-26 2005 Jan 7-9 2004 Oct 9-10 * 2004 Jul 19-21 * 2004 Jan 12-15 * 2003 Oct 10-12 2003 Jul 18-20 2003 May 19-21 2003 Apr 22-23 2003 Mar 3-5 * 2003 Jan 31-Feb 2 * 2002 Dec 5-8 * 2002 Oct 14-17 * 2002 Aug 5-8 * 2002 Jul 5-8 2002 Jun 21-23 2002 May 28-29 2002 Apr 22-24 2002 Mar 22-24 2002 Mar 4-7 2002 Jan 7-9 * 2001 Dec 6-9 2001 Nov 8-11 * 2001 Oct 11-14 * Neither side The terrorists No opinion 41 34 34 36 37 38 40 51 42 48 54 65 37 35 33 32 37 39 33 41 47 51 53 66 64 53 42 42 42 44 41 42 41 41 35 42 34 32 28 43 44 46 44 46 43 49 35 39 35 34 25 28 33 44 14 23 21 20 20 19 16 14 13 15 11 5 17 16 19 21 14 16 14 15 10 12 10 7 5 11 11 3 1 1 3 1 2 3 * 3 3 3 2 3 5 2 3 3 2 4 9 4 2 3 2 3 3 3 Asked of a half sample.the U. 6-9 2007 Sep. 7-9 2007 Jan 19-21 2007 44% 45% 9% 2% 32% 46% 21% 1% 31% 49% 19% 1% 28% 54% 17% 1% Oct. 27-29 2006 Aug. neither side.S.7. and its allies -8- May 2. or the terrorists? May 2 2011 Dec.S. 8 1 U. and its allies. and its allies Neither side The terrorists No opinion U. 18-20 2006 Aug. 2-3 2006 Jun. 8-11 2006 34% 43% 20% 4% 36% 41% 22% 1% 31% 45% 21% 3% 29% 47% 19% 5% U. Who do you think is currently winning the war on terrorism -.S. 2011 .S.

from the al Qaeda terrorist network will be eliminated. (or) the al Qaeda terrorist network will still remain a threat to the U.? May 2 2011 Threat eliminated Will remain a threat No opinion 5% 94% 1% CNN/USA TODAY/GALLUP TREND FOR COMPARISON QUESTION WORDING: If Osama bin Laden is captured or killed.? Threat eliminated 5% 2005 Aug 5-7 8 1 Will remain a threat 92% -9- Already dead (vol.S. do you think the threat to the U.S.) 1 No opinion 2 May 2.8. or that the al Qaeda terrorist network will still remain a threat to the U. do you think the threat to the U.S. Now that Osama bin Laden has been killed.S. from the al Qaeda terrorist network will be eliminated. 2011 .

government should or should not publicly release a picture of the body of Osama bin Laden? May 2 2011 Should Should not No opinion 56% 39% 4% 8 1 -10- May 2. 2011 . would you say you are proud of the way the U. Do you think that the U.S. Omitted 13. Based on what you have read or heard about the events surrounding Osama bin Laden's death.11. military forces involved in that operation handled themselves. proud No. or don't you feel that way? May 2 2011 Yes.S. not proud No opinion 88% 8% 3% 12.

Do you favor or oppose the U. war in Afghanistan? May 2 2011 Favor Oppose No opinion Favor Oppose No opinion Favor Oppose No opinion 42% 52% 5% Jan. 30-Nov. 3 May 14-17 2009 2009 2009 Favor 40% 41% 39% 42% 41% 50% Oppose No opinion 58% 2% 57% 2% 58% 3% 57% 2% 54% 5% 48% 3% Apr. 13-15 2009 42% 56% 3% 48% 49% 3% 47% 52% 1% 43% 55% 3% 46% 51% 2% 45% 52% 3% Oct. 5-7 2010 Sept. 16-20 2009 Dec. 17-19 2010 Oct. 3-5 2009 Feb. 21-23 2011 Dec. 21-23 2010 Sept. 1 Oct.14. 11-13 2009 Aug. 2011 . 1-2 2010 40% 58% 1% 35% 63% 2% 37% 58% 5% 39% 58% 3% 41% 57% 2% 37% 62% 1% May 21-23 2010 Mar. 16-18 2009 2009 Aug. 6-10 2010 -11- May 2. 19-21 2010 Jan. 18-19 2009 Dec. 28-31 July 31-Aug. 2-3 2009 Nov. 22-24 2006 53% 46% 1% 47% 51% 2% 52% 46% 2% 46% 52% 2% 44% 52% 4% 50% 48% 2% Favor Oppose No opinion 8 1 Sept. 1-2 2008 July 27-29 2008 Jan. 19-21 2007 Sept. 22-24 2010 Dec.S.

15. 9-11 2007 4% 51% 29% 14% 2% 2% 30% 42% 24% 2% 3% 33% 44% 17% 3% 5% 35% 34% 21% 4% Which comes closest to your view about what the U. or very badly? Very well Moderately well Moderately badly Very badly No opinion Very well Moderately well Moderately badly Very badly No opinion 16. should keep the number of troops as it is now The U. in Afghanistan – very well. should withdraw some troops from Afghanistan The U. or the U.S. should withdraw all of its troops from Afghanistan? The U. the U. 21-23 2010 5% 56% 27% 9% 3% 2% 42% 35% 21% 1% 4% 40% 35% 19% 2% Mar 19-21 2010 Nov.S. 2011 . the U. should withdraw all of its troops from Afghanistan No opinion 8 1 -12- May 2 2011 May 14-17 2009 4% 28% 34% 30% 3% 26% 27% 22% 23% 2% May 2.S. May 2 2011 Dec.S.S. should withdraw some troops from Afghanistan. moderately well. moderately badly. 13-15 2009 May 14-17 2009 Mar.S.S. should now do about the number of U. how would you say things are going for the U. In general. should keep the number of troops as it is now. should send more troops to Afghanistan The U.S.S. 17-19 2010 Sept. should send more troops to Afghanistan.the U.S. troops in Afghanistan -.S.

or definitely not vote for Obama? Definitely for Probably for Probably not for Definitely not for No opinion May 2. or do you think he will lose? Will win 24% 1995 Jan. or do you think he will lose? Will win Will lose No opinion May 2. 2011 All Americans Registered voters 50% 50% 44% 44% 6% 6% January 21-23. 5 8 1 Will lose 65% -13- No opinion 11% May 2. 2011 All Americans Registered voters 25% 26% 23% 21% 16% 14% 35% 37% 2% 1% CNN/USA TODAY/GALLUP TREND FOR COMPARISON QUESTION WORDING: Please tell me which of the following best describes how you would vote in 1996. Would you definitely vote for Obama. if Barack Obama runs for re-election.if Barack Obama decides to run for re-election. probably not vote for Obama. if Bill Clinton runs for reelection. 2011 All Americans Registered voters 46% 46% 51% 51% 3% 3% March 19-21. do you think he will win the presidential election in 1996. 1994 11% 28% 19% 35% 7% 11% 32% 20% 32% 5% Please give me your best guess -. probably vote for Obama. 2011 .17. January 16-18. 2011 All Americans Registered voters 26% 25% 22% 21% 13% 13% 37% 38% 3% 2% January 21-23. June 3-6. do you think he will win the presidential election in 2012. Please tell me which of the following best describes how you would vote in 2012. 2010 All Americans Registered voters 44% 44% 54% 54% 2% 2% CNN/TIME TREND FOR COMPARISON QUESTION WORDING: Please give me your best guess -.if Bill Clinton decides to run for reelection. 1995 BILL CLINTON Definitely vote for Clinton Probably vote for Clinton Probably not vote for Clinton Definitely not vote Clinton No opinion 18.

MAY 2.5 Republican -----22% 72% 6% +/-6.0 Under 50 ----53% 41% 6% +/-6.5 South ----48% 47% 5% +/-7. 2011 .0 +/-5.0 Moderate ----61% 33% 5% +/-6.5 65+ ----52% 46% 2% +/-6.0 Independent -----50% 43% 7% +/-6.5 Rural ----34% 60% 6% +/-8.5 Democrat ----83% 14% 2% +/-7.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------88% 8% 3% +/-7.5 Liberal ----73% 18% 9% +/-8.0 Urban ----65% 29% 5% +/-7.5 No College ------54% 40% 6% +/-7.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----52% 43% 5% +/-3.5 Attended College -------50% 45% 5% +/-4.5 Tea Pty Support ------15% 83% 2% +/-7.5 West ----52% 40% 7% +/-7.5 North east ----58% 37% 5% +/-8.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----48% 48% 4% +/-6.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.0 +/-4.0 Conservative ------32% 65% 3% +/-5. 2011 Question 1 Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president? Base = Total Sample Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------52% 48% 56% 44% 43% 45% 41% 52% 5% 7% 3% 4% +/-3.5 +/-6.5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------52% 56% 43% 41% 5% 3% +/-3.5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----52% 43% 5% +/-3.0 Midwest ----52% 45% 3% +/-8.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -14- May 2.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------51% 41% 8% +/-6.5 $50K or more ------51% 42% 7% +/-5.5 Suburban ----51% 44% 5% +/-5.5 50 and Older -----50% 47% 3% +/-4.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----52% 43% 5% +/-3.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----55% 42% 3% +/-8.5 +/-5.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----52% 43% 5% +/-3.

5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------42% 43% 56% 54% 2% 3% +/-3.MAY 2.5 50 and Older -----41% 57% 2% +/-4.5 +/-5.5 Rural ----24% 75% 2% +/-8.5 South ----39% 57% 3% +/-7.5 Republican -----19% 80% 2% +/-6.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----42% 56% 2% +/-3.0 Independent -----36% 61% 3% +/-6.0 Moderate ----48% 50% 2% +/-6.0 +/-5.0 +/-4. The economy Base = Total Sample Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------42% 38% 46% 33% 56% 60% 53% 65% 2% 2% 2% 2% +/-3.5 Tea Pty Support ------11% 89% * +/-7.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----44% 55% 1% +/-8.5 West ----46% 53% 1% +/-7.0 Urban ----54% 45% 1% +/-7.5 +/-6.5 Suburban ----41% 56% 3% +/-5.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------79% 20% 2% +/-7.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----42% 56% 2% +/-3.5 Liberal ----62% 36% 2% +/-8.0 Conservative ------24% 74% 2% +/-5.0 Midwest ----42% 56% 2% +/-8.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------38% 59% 3% +/-6.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----42% 58% 1% +/-6. 2011 Question 2A Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling: A.5 North east ----42% 58% * +/-8.5 $50K or more ------42% 57% 2% +/-5.5 Democrat ----72% 27% 1% +/-7.5 No College ------41% 57% 1% +/-7.5 Attended College -------42% 56% 2% +/-4. 2011 .0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----42% 56% 2% +/-3.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -15- May 2.5 65+ ----41% 56% 4% +/-6.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----42% 56% 2% +/-3.0 Under 50 ----41% 57% 2% +/-6.

5 Republican -----43% 48% 9% +/-6.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----58% 36% 6% +/-3.5 North east ----64% 29% 7% +/-8.0 Moderate ----66% 29% 4% +/-6.0 Urban ----63% 28% 8% +/-7.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -16- May 2. 2011 .5 Liberal ----63% 32% 5% +/-8.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----58% 36% 6% +/-3.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 +/-5.5 $50K or more ------62% 33% 5% +/-5.5 West ----54% 40% 6% +/-7.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------80% 18% 2% +/-7.5 Suburban ----58% 37% 5% +/-5.5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------58% 55% 36% 38% 6% 7% +/-3.0 Independent -----52% 41% 7% +/-6.5 65+ ----56% 36% 8% +/-6.0 +/-4.5 South ----59% 34% 7% +/-7.5 No College ------59% 34% 8% +/-7.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----58% 36% 6% +/-3.0 Under 50 ----58% 36% 6% +/-6.MAY 2.5 Rural ----49% 45% 7% +/-8.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----57% 37% 7% +/-6.5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----58% 36% 6% +/-3. 2011 Question 2B Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling: B. The situation in Afghanistan Base = Total Sample Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------58% 60% 55% 55% 36% 35% 37% 39% 6% 4% 8% 6% +/-3.5 Attended College -------57% 37% 5% +/-4.0 Conservative ------49% 43% 8% +/-5.5 +/-6.5 Democrat ----80% 18% 2% +/-7.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------59% 33% 8% +/-6.0 Midwest ----53% 42% 5% +/-8.5 Tea Pty Support ------33% 62% 5% +/-7.0 +/-5.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----61% 35% 4% +/-8.5 50 and Older -----56% 36% 7% +/-4.

0 Independent -----65% 32% 3% +/-6.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----73% 23% 3% +/-8.5 Tea Pty Support ------37% 61% 2% +/-7.0 Under 50 ----68% 28% 4% +/-6.5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----67% 30% 3% +/-3.5 Suburban ----66% 33% 1% +/-5.5 65+ ----63% 33% 4% +/-6.0 +/-4.5 $50K or more ------70% 26% 4% +/-5.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----67% 30% 3% +/-3.5 Democrat ----87% 10% 3% +/-7.5 West ----70% 28% 2% +/-7.5 Liberal ----79% 18% 3% +/-8.0 +/-5.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------93% 7% 1% +/-7.5 Rural ----53% 42% 6% +/-8.MAY 2.5 +/-5. 2011 Question 2C Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling: C.5 No College ------71% 27% 2% +/-7.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -17- May 2.5 Republican -----47% 48% 4% +/-6.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -. 2011 .5 +/-6.0 Conservative ------55% 41% 4% +/-5.0 Midwest ----62% 33% 5% +/-8.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----67% 30% 3% +/-3.5 50 and Older -----64% 33% 3% +/-4. Terrorism Base = Total Sample Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------67% 70% 64% 62% 30% 27% 33% 34% 3% 3% 3% 4% +/-3.0 Urban ----77% 18% 4% +/-7.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----67% 30% 3% +/-3.0 Moderate ----73% 24% 2% +/-6.5 North east ----74% 22% 4% +/-8.5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------67% 65% 30% 33% 3% 2% +/-3.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------67% 28% 5% +/-6.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----65% 33% 2% +/-6.5 Attended College -------63% 32% 4% +/-4.5 South ----63% 35% 2% +/-7.

0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----35% 61% 3% +/-3. 2011 .0 +/-4.0 +/-5.5 Suburban ----34% 61% 4% +/-5.5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----35% 61% 3% +/-3.5 South ----33% 64% 4% +/-7.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----35% 61% 3% +/-3.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----35% 64% 2% +/-6.5 North east ----36% 61% 3% +/-8.5 Attended College -------33% 64% 4% +/-4.5 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------35% 40% 61% 55% 3% 5% +/-3.5 Liberal ----53% 40% 7% +/-8. 2011 Question 2D Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling: D.5 Tea Pty Support ------7% 93% * +/-7.5 +/-5.5 Democrat ----64% 31% 5% +/-7.0 Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total ----35% 61% 3% +/-3.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------35% 62% 3% +/-6.5 50 and Older -----34% 63% 3% +/-4.0 Moderate ----41% 56% 4% +/-6.5 Republican -----14% 86% * +/-6.5 $50K or more ------32% 66% 2% +/-5.0 Under 50 ----35% 61% 4% +/-6.5 No College ------38% 58% 3% +/-7.0 Urban ----49% 49% 3% +/-7.MAY 2.5 +/-6.0 Independent -----30% 66% 5% +/-6.5 Rural ----19% 78% 3% +/-8.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -. The federal budget deficit Base = Total Sample Approve Disapprove No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------35% 33% 38% 28% 61% 63% 59% 68% 3% 4% 3% 4% +/-3.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------64% 29% 7% +/-7.5 65+ ----33% 63% 4% +/-6.5 West ----37% 58% 5% +/-7.0 Conservative ------21% 78% 1% +/-5.0 Midwest ----37% 60% 2% +/-8.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -18- May 2.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----37% 58% 5% +/-8.

5 No College ------64% 35% * +/-7.5 Republican -----33% 67% * +/-6.5 $50K or more ------60% 39% 1% +/-5.5 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----58% 41% 1% +/-3.5 50 and Older -----52% 47% 1% +/-4.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------88% 11% 1% +/-7.5 Attended College -------53% 45% 2% +/-4.0 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----58% 41% 1% +/-3.5 West ----56% 44% * +/-7.0 Midwest ----59% 38% 3% +/-8.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----60% 38% 2% +/-8.0 +/-4.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 Tea Pty Support ------23% 76% 1% +/-7.0 Under 50 ----62% 36% 2% +/-6. A. 2011 Question 3A Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities.5 +/-6.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----51% 48% * +/-6.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -19- May 2. please say whether you think each one applies or doesn't apply to Barack Obama.0 Independent -----55% 43% 2% +/-6.5 Rural ----45% 51% 3% +/-8.5 Liberal ----79% 20% 1% +/-8.MAY 2. Is a strong and decisive leader Base = Total Sample Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------58% 57% 60% 52% 41% 42% 39% 47% 1% 1% 1% 2% +/-3.0 +/-5.5 Democrat ----88% 11% 1% +/-7.5 +/-5.5 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------58% 62% 41% 37% 1% 1% +/-3. 2011 .0 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----58% 41% 1% +/-3.5 South ----58% 42% * +/-7.0 Moderate ----63% 35% 2% +/-6.5 Suburban ----56% 43% 1% +/-5.5 North east ----60% 38% 2% +/-8.5 65+ ----53% 46% 1% +/-6.0 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----58% 41% 1% +/-3.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------59% 39% 1% +/-6.0 Urban ----70% 30% * +/-7.0 Conservative ------42% 57% 1% +/-5.

5 North east ----56% 40% 4% +/-8.0 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----50% 48% 2% +/-3.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -20- May 2.5 50 and Older -----46% 51% 2% +/-4.0 Conservative ------30% 66% 3% +/-5.0 +/-4. Can unite the country and not divide it Base = Total Sample Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------50% 47% 52% 42% 48% 50% 46% 55% 2% 3% 2% 3% +/-3.MAY 2.0 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----50% 48% 2% +/-3.5 South ----41% 56% 2% +/-7.0 Independent -----47% 49% 4% +/-6.5 +/-6.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------75% 20% 5% +/-7.5 Attended College -------47% 51% 2% +/-4. please say whether you think each one applies or doesn't apply to Barack Obama.0 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----50% 48% 2% +/-3.5 Suburban ----52% 45% 2% +/-5.5 Rural ----28% 69% 3% +/-8.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----47% 51% 2% +/-6. 2011 Question 3B Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities.0 Moderate ----60% 38% 2% +/-6.5 Liberal ----68% 30% 2% +/-8.5 Republican -----26% 74% * +/-6.5 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------50% 58% 48% 40% 2% 2% +/-3.0 Urban ----62% 35% 3% +/-7. 2011 .5 $50K or more ------46% 52% 2% +/-5.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------53% 45% 2% +/-6.5 +/-5.5 Tea Pty Support ------16% 83% 1% +/-7. B.5 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----50% 48% 2% +/-3.0 Midwest ----53% 45% 1% +/-8.0 Under 50 ----52% 45% 3% +/-6.5 65+ ----44% 53% 3% +/-6.5 West ----54% 44% 2% +/-7.5 No College ------53% 44% 3% +/-7.5 Democrat ----76% 21% 3% +/-7.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----52% 46% 2% +/-8.0 +/-5.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.

0 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----57% 42% 1% +/-3.0 Under 50 ----61% 38% 1% +/-6.0 +/-5.5 Liberal ----80% 19% 1% +/-8.5 North east ----62% 35% 3% +/-8.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----63% 37% * +/-8.5 Attended College -------54% 45% 1% +/-4.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----51% 47% 1% +/-6.MAY 2.5 65+ ----50% 48% 3% +/-6.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------60% 38% 1% +/-6.5 Republican -----25% 75% * +/-6.5 50 and Older -----50% 48% 2% +/-4.0 Moderate ----64% 35% 1% +/-6.5 Rural ----42% 57% 1% +/-8.5 $50K or more ------58% 41% 2% +/-5.5 Suburban ----56% 43% 1% +/-5.0 +/-4.0 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----57% 42% 1% +/-3. please say whether you think each one applies or doesn't apply to Barack Obama.0 Independent -----58% 41% 2% +/-6.5 Tea Pty Support ------17% 83% * +/-7.5 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------57% 58% 42% 41% 1% 1% +/-3.5 Democrat ----86% 12% 2% +/-7.0 Urban ----68% 30% 2% +/-7.5 West ----54% 44% 2% +/-7. C.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -. 2011 Question 3C Thinking about the following characteristics and qualities.0 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----57% 42% 1% +/-3.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -21- May 2.5 No College ------60% 38% 2% +/-7.5 Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total ----57% 42% 1% +/-3.0 Conservative ------37% 61% 2% +/-5.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------84% 12% 4% +/-7.5 +/-5.0 Midwest ----57% 41% 1% +/-8.5 +/-6. 2011 .5 South ----54% 45% 1% +/-7. Inspires confidence Base = Total Sample Applies to Obama Does not apply to Obama No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------57% 54% 59% 49% 42% 44% 40% 50% 1% 1% 1% 1% +/-3.

2011 .very likely.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------21% 35% 32% 9% 3% +/-7.5 Democrat ----24% 39% 28% 7% 2% +/-7.0 Independent -----25% 40% 26% 5% 4% +/-6.5 South ----32% 45% 20% 3% 1% +/-7.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -22- May 2. 2011 Question 4 How likely is it that there will be further acts of terrorism in the United States over the next several weeks -. somewhat likely.0 Midwest ----28% 44% 22% 5% 2% +/-8.5 65+ ----33% 43% 19% 5% * +/-6.5 Attended College -------21% 44% 26% 6% 3% +/-4.0 Moderate ----24% 39% 28% 8% 1% +/-6.0 Urban ----21% 40% 27% 6% 5% +/-7.5 +/-6.MAY 2.0 Very likely Somewhat likely Not too likely Not at all likely No opinion Sampling Error Total ----26% 42% 23% 6% 2% +/-3.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----26% 41% 25% 6% 1% +/-8.5 Very likely Somewhat likely Not too likely Not at all likely No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------26% 34% 42% 40% 23% 20% 6% 5% 2% 2% +/-3.5 +/-5.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 50 and Older -----30% 45% 20% 5% 1% +/-4.0 +/-4.5 West ----18% 43% 26% 9% 4% +/-7.0 Very likely Somewhat likely Not too likely Not at all likely No opinion Sampling Error Total ----26% 42% 23% 6% 2% +/-3.5 Very likely Somewhat likely Not too likely Not at all likely No opinion Sampling Error Total ----26% 42% 23% 6% 2% +/-3.5 Rural ----35% 41% 18% 5% 2% +/-8.5 North east ----25% 33% 28% 10% 4% +/-8.5 Suburban ----26% 44% 23% 7% 1% +/-5.5 Tea Pty Support ------30% 52% 14% 3% 1% +/-7.5 No College ------33% 39% 20% 6% 1% +/-7. not too likely or not at all likely? Base = Total Sample Very likely Somewhat likely Not too likely Not at all likely No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------26% 26% 27% 29% 42% 39% 44% 41% 23% 24% 23% 22% 6% 9% 3% 7% 2% 2% 3% 1% +/-3.5 $50K or more ------23% 40% 27% 8% 2% +/-5.0 Under 50 ----23% 40% 27% 7% 4% +/-6.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------28% 39% 24% 6% 3% +/-6.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----28% 46% 20% 5% 1% +/-6.5 Liberal ----30% 28% 32% 4% 6% +/-8.0 Conservative ------25% 52% 16% 6% 2% +/-5.0 Very likely Somewhat likely Not too likely Not at all likely No opinion Sampling Error Total ----26% 42% 23% 6% 2% +/-3.5 Republican -----31% 47% 15% 6% 1% +/-6.0 +/-5.

happy.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------33% 39% 7% 14% 4% 3% +/-6.5 Thrilled Happy Unhappy Don't care Other No opinion Sampling Error Total ----37% 42% 4% 11% 4% 3% +/-3.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----41% 44% 4% 6% 5% * +/-8. or don't you care one way or the other? Base = Total Sample Thrilled Happy Unhappy Don't care Other No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------37% 37% 37% 35% 42% 45% 39% 44% 4% 4% 5% 4% 11% 11% 11% 10% 4% 2% 6% 4% 3% 2% 3% 2% +/-3.5 Attended College -------37% 44% 5% 10% 4% 1% +/-4. unhappy.5 No College ------36% 40% 4% 12% 3% 5% +/-7.0 Thrilled Happy Unhappy Don't care Other No opinion Sampling Error Total ----37% 42% 4% 11% 4% 3% +/-3.0 Midwest ----29% 44% 5% 17% 1% 4% +/-8.5 +/-6.5 Thrilled Happy Unhappy Don't care Other No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------37% 35% 42% 38% 4% 5% 11% 14% 4% 5% 3% 3% +/-3.0 Thrilled Happy Unhappy Don't care Other No opinion Sampling Error Total ----37% 42% 4% 11% 4% 3% +/-3.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----42% 40% 2% 6% 4% 5% +/-6. 2011 .CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 65+ ----34% 54% 1% 7% 3% 2% +/-6.0 Conservative ------37% 47% 4% 7% 3% 2% +/-5.0 Thrilled Happy Unhappy Don't care Other No opinion Sampling Error Total ----37% 42% 4% 11% 4% 3% +/-3.5 $50K or more ------38% 46% 4% 9% 3% * +/-5.0 Independent -----34% 39% 4% 15% 4% 3% +/-6.5 Suburban ----41% 41% 6% 7% 5% 1% +/-5.5 Tea Pty Support ------45% 44% 2% 6% 3% 1% +/-7.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------38% 49% 1% 5% 4% 3% +/-7.5 Liberal ----30% 41% 5% 15% 4% 4% +/-8.5 North east ----37% 42% 5% 13% 1% 3% +/-8.5 Republican -----42% 43% 5% 6% 2% 2% +/-6.5 South ----43% 40% 4% 5% 6% 2% +/-7.5 West ----34% 42% 4% 12% 7% 1% +/-7.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -23- May 2.0 Moderate ----40% 39% 4% 11% 4% 3% +/-6.0 Under 50 ----35% 39% 6% 15% 4% 2% +/-6.0 +/-4.MAY 2.5 50 and Older -----39% 46% 2% 7% 3% 4% +/-4. 2011 Question 5 What is your personal reaction to the death of Osama bin Laden? Are you thrilled.0 Urban ----31% 42% 3% 17% 3% 3% +/-7.5 Rural ----38% 39% 4% 12% 2% 4% +/-8.0 +/-5.5 Democrat ----36% 44% 3% 10% 5% 2% +/-7.5 +/-5.

5 Suburban ----73% 18% 8% * +/-5.0 +/-5.0 Conservative ------69% 23% 7% * +/-5.5 Major achievement Minor achievement Not an achievement at all No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------67% 66% 23% 24% 9% 10% * * +/-3.5 +/-6.5 Republican -----68% 26% 5% * +/-6.5 Tea Pty Support ------72% 22% 7% * +/-7.0 Under 50 ----61% 27% 13% * +/-6.5 Democrat ----70% 17% 12% * +/-7.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------79% 15% 6% 1% +/-7.0 Urban ----59% 29% 11% * +/-7.5 +/-5. 2011 .0 +/-4.5 Liberal ----64% 24% 12% * +/-8.0 Independent -----65% 26% 9% * +/-6.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -24- May 2.0 Major achievement Minor achievement Not an achievement at all No opinion Sampling Error Total ----67% 23% 9% * +/-3.5 South ----74% 20% 5% * +/-7.0 Midwest ----56% 28% 16% * +/-8.5 Major achievement Minor achievement Not an achievement at all No opinion Sampling Error Total ----67% 23% 9% * +/-3.5 No College ------67% 26% 6% * +/-7. 2011 Question 6 Do you consider the death of Osama bin Laden to be a major achievement for the United States.5 Attended College -------67% 22% 11% * +/-4. or not an achievement at all? Base = Total Sample Major achievement Minor achievement Not an achievement at all No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------67% 64% 71% 69% 23% 28% 19% 23% 9% 7% 11% 7% * * * * +/-3.0 Major achievement Minor achievement Not an achievement at all No opinion Sampling Error Total ----67% 23% 9% * +/-3.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------60% 28% 12% * +/-6.5 $50K or more ------69% 23% 8% * +/-5. a minor achievement.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----72% 19% 9% * +/-8.0 Moderate ----68% 24% 8% * +/-6.MAY 2.5 50 and Older -----75% 20% 5% * +/-4.5 West ----71% 20% 9% 1% +/-7.5 65+ ----83% 13% 3% * +/-6.5 Rural ----66% 26% 7% * +/-8.0 Major achievement Minor achievement Not an achievement at all No opinion Sampling Error Total ----67% 23% 9% * +/-3.5 North east ----65% 27% 8% * +/-8.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----70% 24% 6% * +/-6.

5 Suburban ----48% 44% 8% 1% +/-5. and its allies Neither side The terrorists No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------44% 42% 45% 45% 9% 11% 2% 2% +/-3.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----46% 47% 6% 1% +/-8. or the terrorists? Base = Total Sample U.5 $50K or more ------45% 46% 8% 1% +/-5.5 West ----44% 47% 7% 2% +/-7.0 Urban ----46% 42% 10% 2% +/-7.S.0 U.0 Independent -----35% 50% 12% 2% +/-6.5 Attended College -------39% 52% 7% 2% +/-4.S.0 Midwest ----38% 53% 8% 1% +/-8.5 No College ------51% 36% 11% 2% +/-7. and its allies Neither side The terrorists No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------44% 46% 42% 43% 45% 44% 46% 46% 9% 9% 9% 9% 2% 1% 2% 2% +/-3.5 U.0 +/-5.5 U. 2011 Question 7 Who do you think is currently winning the war on terrorism -.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------53% 44% 1% 1% +/-7.S.S. and its allies. 2011 .S.0 Under 50 ----43% 48% 7% 2% +/-6.0 U.5 Tea Pty Support ------38% 45% 14% 3% +/-7.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 50 and Older -----44% 42% 12% 2% +/-4.0 U. and its allies Neither side The terrorists No opinion Sampling Error Total ----44% 45% 9% 2% +/-3.0 +/-4.MAY 2.5 65+ ----43% 47% 8% 2% +/-6.5 Republican -----46% 43% 10% 2% +/-6.5 South ----48% 42% 9% 1% +/-7. neither side.5 Liberal ----44% 47% 8% 1% +/-8.5 Rural ----34% 52% 10% 3% +/-8.0 Conservative ------50% 40% 9% 1% +/-5.S.S. and its allies Neither side The terrorists No opinion Sampling Error Total ----44% 45% 9% 2% +/-3.5 Democrat ----55% 40% 4% * +/-7. and its allies Neither side The terrorists No opinion Sampling Error Total ----44% 45% 9% 2% +/-3. and its allies Neither side The terrorists No opinion Sampling Error Total ----44% 45% 9% 2% +/-3.5 +/-6.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----45% 39% 15% 1% +/-6.5 +/-5.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------42% 47% 10% 1% +/-6.the U.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -25- May 2.0 Moderate ----41% 49% 8% 2% +/-6.5 North east ----43% 42% 11% 3% +/-8.

5 Liberal ----3% 97% * +/-8.5 Threat eliminated Will remain a threat No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------5% 7% 94% 93% 1% * +/-3.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -26- May 2.5 +/-5. 2011 .5 South ----5% 94% * +/-7.5 Republican -----7% 93% 1% +/-6.5 65+ ----3% 95% 2% +/-6.5 Tea Pty Support ------3% 97% * +/-7.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----4% 96% * +/-6.5 Democrat ----7% 92% 1% +/-7.S.0 +/-5.0 Urban ----7% 91% 2% +/-7.5 Attended College -------4% 96% 1% +/-4.0 Midwest ----3% 96% 1% +/-8.0 Moderate ----7% 93% * +/-6. 2011 Question 8 Now that Osama bin Laden has been killed.5 $50K or more ------6% 94% * +/-5.5 50 and Older -----4% 96% 1% +/-4.5 Rural ----3% 97% * +/-8.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 Suburban ----4% 95% * +/-5. or that the al Qaeda terrorist network will still remain a threat to the U.0 Independent -----3% 96% * +/-6.5 +/-6.5 North east ----4% 94% 2% +/-8.0 Conservative ------5% 93% 1% +/-5.0 Threat eliminated Will remain a threat No opinion Sampling Error Total ----5% 94% 1% +/-3.5 West ----9% 91% * +/-7.S. do you think the threat to the U.5 Threat eliminated Will remain a threat No opinion Sampling Error Total ----5% 94% 1% +/-3.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------7% 92% 1% +/-6.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----8% 92% * +/-8.MAY 2.0 +/-4. from the al Qaeda terrorist network will be eliminated.0 Threat eliminated Will remain a threat No opinion Sampling Error Total ----5% 94% 1% +/-3.0 Threat eliminated Will remain a threat No opinion Sampling Error Total ----5% 94% 1% +/-3.0 Under 50 ----7% 93% * +/-6.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------5% 95% 1% +/-7.5 No College ------8% 91% 1% +/-7.? Base = Total Sample Threat eliminated Will remain a threat No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------5% 6% 5% 4% 94% 93% 94% 95% 1% * 1% 1% +/-3.

0 Tea Pty Oppose ------95% 2% 3% +/-7. not proud No opinion Sampling Error Total ----88% 8% 3% +/-3. proud No.0 +/-4. not proud No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------88% 90% 87% 90% 8% 9% 8% 7% 3% 2% 5% 3% +/-3.MAY 2. proud No. proud No.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -. proud No. would you say you are proud of the way the U.0 Yes.0 Under 50 ----83% 13% 4% +/-6.S.5 Liberal ----80% 14% 5% +/-8.0 Yes. proud No.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -27- May 2.5 Rural ----91% 7% 2% +/-8.0 Moderate ----90% 6% 4% +/-6.5 Yes.0 +/-5.0 Yes.0 Urban ----87% 9% 5% +/-7.0 Midwest ----85% 12% 3% +/-8.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----92% 5% 3% +/-8.5 $50K or more ------93% 4% 3% +/-5.5 No College ------89% 9% 2% +/-7. not proud No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------88% 82% 8% 14% 3% 3% +/-3.5 West ----87% 9% 4% +/-7. not proud No opinion Sampling Error Total ----88% 8% 3% +/-3.5 50 and Older -----95% 3% 2% +/-4.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----96% 2% 3% +/-6. or don't you feel that way? Base = Total Sample Yes.5 South ----91% 6% 3% +/-7.5 North east ----89% 8% 3% +/-8.5 Suburban ----88% 9% 3% +/-5.5 Attended College -------87% 8% 5% +/-4. not proud No opinion Sampling Error Total ----88% 8% 3% +/-3. military forces involved in that operation handled themselves.5 +/-5.5 Yes.0 Independent -----89% 9% 2% +/-6. not proud No opinion Sampling Error Total ----88% 8% 3% +/-3.5 +/-6.0 Conservative ------92% 7% 1% +/-5.5 Republican -----89% 7% 4% +/-6.5 Democrat ----87% 9% 3% +/-7. 2011 .5 65+ ----94% 4% 2% +/-6.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------84% 12% 4% +/-6.5 Tea Pty Support ------91% 7% 2% +/-7. 2011 Question 11 Based on what you have read or heard about the events surrounding Osama bin Laden's death. proud No.

S.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------45% 50% 5% +/-7.0 +/-5.5 Tea Pty Support ------66% 29% 5% +/-7.0 Should Should not No opinion Sampling Error Total ----56% 39% 4% +/-3.0 Independent -----60% 37% 4% +/-6.0 Midwest ----56% 38% 6% +/-8.5 Should Should not No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------56% 56% 39% 40% 4% 3% +/-3. 2011 .0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -28- May 2.5 South ----58% 38% 4% +/-7.0 +/-4. government should or should not publicly release a picture of the body of Osama bin Laden? Base = Total Sample Should Should not No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------56% 61% 52% 53% 39% 35% 43% 42% 4% 4% 5% 4% +/-3.0 Should Should not No opinion Sampling Error Total ----56% 39% 4% +/-3.0 Urban ----57% 38% 6% +/-7.0 Moderate ----55% 41% 4% +/-6.5 65+ ----42% 49% 10% +/-6.5 $50K or more ------54% 41% 5% +/-5.MAY 2.5 Suburban ----57% 40% 3% +/-5.5 No College ------60% 36% 4% +/-7.5 Attended College -------53% 42% 5% +/-4.5 Republican -----58% 36% 6% +/-6.5 Should Should not No opinion Sampling Error Total ----56% 39% 4% +/-3. 2011 Question 13 Do you think that the U.5 Democrat ----50% 46% 4% +/-7.5 +/-5.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 Rural ----55% 39% 6% +/-8.0 Should Should not No opinion Sampling Error Total ----56% 39% 4% +/-3.5 Liberal ----64% 33% 3% +/-8.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----60% 37% 3% +/-8.5 West ----55% 39% 6% +/-7.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------56% 40% 4% +/-6.0 Under 50 ----61% 37% 2% +/-6.0 Conservative ------55% 38% 6% +/-5.5 North east ----56% 42% 2% +/-8.5 +/-6.5 50 and Older -----51% 42% 7% +/-4.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----57% 37% 6% +/-6.

5 Republican -----57% 37% 6% +/-6.5 Democrat ----36% 61% 3% +/-7.0 Midwest ----41% 54% 5% +/-8.0 Favor Oppose No opinion Sampling Error Total ----42% 52% 5% +/-3.0 Conservative ------57% 38% 5% +/-5.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----52% 43% 5% +/-8.5 +/-6.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------38% 55% 7% +/-6.5 Favor Oppose No opinion Sampling Error Total ----42% 52% 5% +/-3. 2011 .0 +/-5.MAY 2.5 Rural ----40% 55% 5% +/-8. 2011 Question 14 Do you favor or oppose the U.5 $50K or more ------46% 49% 5% +/-5.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -29- May 2.0 Favor Oppose No opinion Sampling Error Total ----42% 52% 5% +/-3.0 Under 50 ----43% 52% 5% +/-6.0 Moderate ----36% 57% 6% +/-6.5 Suburban ----43% 51% 6% +/-5.5 +/-5.5 South ----48% 46% 6% +/-7.S.5 North east ----36% 58% 6% +/-8.0 Independent -----37% 56% 7% +/-6.5 No College ------44% 52% 4% +/-7.5 Attended College -------42% 52% 6% +/-4.5 West ----42% 54% 4% +/-7.0 Urban ----42% 53% 5% +/-7.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------37% 60% 3% +/-7.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----44% 51% 5% +/-6.5 Favor Oppose No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------42% 39% 52% 57% 5% 3% +/-3.5 50 and Older -----42% 52% 6% +/-4.0 +/-4.5 Liberal ----28% 67% 5% +/-8.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.0 Favor Oppose No opinion Sampling Error Total ----42% 52% 5% +/-3.5 65+ ----39% 53% 7% +/-6. war in Afghanistan? Base = Total Sample Favor Oppose No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------42% 52% 33% 44% 52% 43% 61% 50% 5% 5% 6% 7% +/-3.5 Tea Pty Support ------58% 38% 4% +/-7.

0 Very well Moderately well Moderately badly Very badly No opinion Sampling Error Total ----5% 56% 27% 9% 3% +/-3.5 Tea Pty Support ------1% 61% 29% 7% 3% +/-7. in Afghanistan -.5 65+ ----4% 58% 26% 8% 4% +/-6.0 Independent -----6% 48% 31% 11% 4% +/-6.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------5% 54% 27% 10% 4% +/-6.5 +/-5.5 $50K or more ------5% 57% 28% 8% 3% +/-5.0 Very well Moderately well Moderately badly Very badly No opinion Sampling Error Total ----5% 56% 27% 9% 3% +/-3.5 Democrat ----6% 60% 26% 7% 2% +/-7.5 +/-6.5 Republican -----3% 64% 22% 8% 2% +/-6.0 Urban ----5% 57% 22% 11% 5% +/-7. moderately well.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.very well.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------6% 59% 26% 8% 1% +/-7.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -30- May 2. moderately badly or very badly? Base = Total Sample Very well Moderately well Moderately badly Very badly No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------5% 8% 2% 3% 56% 58% 54% 54% 27% 26% 28% 32% 9% 7% 10% 8% 3% 2% 4% 2% +/-3.5 Attended College -------4% 56% 30% 8% 2% +/-4.0 Conservative ------3% 63% 24% 6% 3% +/-5.5 Liberal ----5% 51% 29% 11% 4% +/-8.0 Very well Moderately well Moderately badly Very badly No opinion Sampling Error Total ----5% 56% 27% 9% 3% +/-3.5 Very well Moderately well Moderately badly Very badly No opinion Sampling Error Total ----5% 56% 27% 9% 3% +/-3.5 50 and Older -----4% 56% 27% 10% 4% +/-4.0 Under 50 ----6% 56% 27% 8% 2% +/-6.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----5% 60% 27% 5% 3% +/-8.0 Midwest ----8% 48% 31% 8% 5% +/-8.5 West ----1% 63% 21% 12% 2% +/-7.S. 2011 Question 15 In general.5 Very well Moderately well Moderately badly Very badly No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------5% 5% 56% 54% 27% 29% 9% 9% 3% 3% +/-3.0 +/-5. 2011 .5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----4% 55% 27% 11% 3% +/-6.5 North east ----5% 51% 33% 8% 3% +/-8. how would you say things are going for the U.5 No College ------6% 56% 23% 11% 4% +/-7.0 Moderate ----7% 54% 27% 11% 1% +/-6.5 Suburban ----5% 55% 30% 8% 1% +/-5.5 South ----5% 59% 24% 9% 3% +/-7.MAY 2.0 +/-4.5 Rural ----2% 57% 29% 8% 4% +/-8.

should now do about the number of U.5 Suburban ----6% 28% 36% 27% 3% +/-5.5 Attended College -------5% 29% 38% 24% 4% +/-4.0 Midwest ----3% 27% 35% 32% 2% +/-8.0 Urban ----2% 27% 35% 30% 5% +/-7. the U.5 Send more troops Keep the number of troops Withdraw some troops Withdraw all of its troops No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------4% 3% 28% 23% 34% 37% 30% 36% 3% 1% +/-3.0 Send more troops Keep the number of troops Withdraw some troops Withdraw all of its troops No opinion Sampling Error Total ----4% 28% 34% 30% 3% +/-3.5 Tea Pty Support ------11% 36% 25% 22% 6% +/-7.5 +/-6.5 Send more troops Keep the number of troops Withdraw some troops Withdraw all of its troops No opinion Sampling Error Total ----4% 28% 34% 30% 3% +/-3.5 $50K or more ------6% 31% 33% 26% 5% +/-5.0 Conservative ------6% 35% 30% 23% 5% +/-5. the U.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----5% 31% 34% 28% 2% +/-6.5 65+ ----4% 27% 28% 33% 8% +/-6.5 Liberal ----3% 21% 36% 37% 3% +/-8.5 North east ----2% 27% 37% 31% 2% +/-8. should send more troops to Afghanistan.0 Moderate ----3% 26% 38% 31% 1% +/-6.S.5 +/-5. should withdraw some troops from Afghanistan.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------1% 19% 52% 26% 3% +/-7.MAY 2.5 West ----4% 27% 34% 28% 7% +/-7. 2011 .0 Under 50 ----4% 28% 37% 29% 3% +/-6. should withdraw all of its troops from Afghanistan? Base = Total Sample Send more troops Keep the number of troops Withdraw some troops Withdraw all of its troops No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------4% 5% 4% 4% 28% 35% 22% 30% 34% 31% 37% 34% 30% 26% 34% 28% 3% 3% 4% 4% +/-3.S.5 Republican -----4% 44% 26% 21% 5% +/-6.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------3% 28% 31% 35% 2% +/-6.5 South ----6% 30% 32% 29% 3% +/-7.the U.5 Democrat ----1% 19% 48% 29% 2% +/-7. 2011 Question 16 Which comes closest to your view about what the U.S.S.5 50 and Older -----5% 29% 32% 30% 4% +/-4.5 Rural ----3% 32% 28% 34% 3% +/-8.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.0 +/-5.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -31- May 2. or the U.0 Independent -----7% 24% 30% 36% 3% +/-6.0 +/-4. troops in Afghanistan -.0 Send more troops Keep the number of troops Withdraw some troops Withdraw all of its troops No opinion Sampling Error Total ----4% 28% 34% 30% 3% +/-3.5 No College ------3% 27% 30% 37% 3% +/-7. should keep the number of troops as it is now.S.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----4% 24% 38% 28% 5% +/-8.0 Send more troops Keep the number of troops Withdraw some troops Withdraw all of its troops No opinion Sampling Error Total ----4% 28% 34% 30% 3% +/-3.S.

5 65+ ----29% 17% 11% 42% 1% +/-6. Would you definitely vote for Obama.5 +/-5.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------60% 28% 5% 3% 4% +/-7.5 Democrat ----57% 26% 7% 9% 1% +/-7.0 Total ----Definitely vote for Obama 26% Probably vote for Obama 22% Probably not vote for Obama 13% Definitely not vote for Obama 37% No opinion 3% Sampling Error +/-3.5 North east ----29% 25% 10% 33% 4% +/-8.5 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A Under Total $50K --------Definitely vote for Obama 26% 26% Probably vote for Obama 22% 25% Probably not vote for Obama 13% 11% Definitely not vote for Obama 37% 35% No opinion 3% 2% Sampling Error +/-3.5 South ----22% 19% 14% 40% 5% +/-7.MAY 2. probably not vote for Obama.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -32- May 2.5 West ----27% 23% 12% 36% 3% +/-7. or definitely not vote for Obama? Base = Total Sample Total Men Women White ----------------Definitely vote for Obama 26% 24% 27% 17% Probably vote for Obama 22% 21% 22% 21% Probably not vote for Obama 13% 17% 9% 16% Definitely not vote for Obama 37% 35% 38% 43% No opinion 3% 3% 3% 3% Sampling Error +/-3.0 Total ----Definitely vote for Obama 26% Probably vote for Obama 22% Probably not vote for Obama 13% Definitely not vote for Obama 37% No opinion 3% Sampling Error +/-3.0 Total ----Definitely vote for Obama 26% Probably vote for Obama 22% Probably not vote for Obama 13% Definitely not vote for Obama 37% No opinion 3% Sampling Error +/-3.5 Suburban ----22% 25% 15% 36% 3% +/-5.0 Conservative ------13% 15% 11% 60% 1% +/-5.0 Urban ----38% 24% 8% 26% 3% +/-7.0 +/-5.0 Midwest ----28% 22% 15% 35% * +/-8. probably vote for Obama. if Barack Obama runs for re-election.5 Tea Pty Support ------5% 7% 9% 79% 1% +/-7.5 No College ------29% 22% 12% 35% 3% +/-7. 2011 .0 +/-4.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----26% 20% 10% 40% 3% +/-6.5 50 and Older -----27% 19% 11% 41% 2% +/-4.5 Rural ----12% 14% 15% 54% 5% +/-8.5 3549 ----29% 20% 15% 32% 4% +/-8.0 Independent -----18% 26% 17% 35% 5% +/-6.0 Total ----Definitely vote for Obama 26% Probably vote for Obama 22% Probably not vote for Obama 13% Definitely not vote for Obama 37% No opinion 3% Sampling Error +/-3.5 Republican -----5% 11% 13% 69% 2% +/-6.0 Under 50 ----25% 24% 15% 34% 3% +/-6.5 +/-6.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 Attended College -------24% 21% 14% 38% 3% +/-4.5 Liberal ----48% 25% 8% 13% 6% +/-8. 2011 Question 17 Please tell me which of the following best describes how you would vote in 2012.0 Moderate ----27% 27% 17% 26% 2% +/-6.5 $50K or more ------25% 21% 15% 36% 3% +/-5.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------19% 26% 18% 34% 3% +/-6.

5 Rural ----30% 61% 9% +/-8.0 Will win Will lose No opinion Sampling Error Total ----50% 44% 6% +/-3. 2011 Question 18 Please give me your best guess.0 Urban ----65% 30% 5% +/-7.5 Suburban ----49% 46% 5% +/-5.5 $50K or more ------53% 41% 6% +/-5.5 Will win Will lose No opinion Sampling Error Total ----50% 44% 6% +/-3. If President Obama decides to run for re-election.. do you think he will win the presidential election in 2012.0 Will win Will lose No opinion Sampling Error Total ----50% 44% 6% +/-3. or do you think he will lose? Base = Total Sample Will win Will lose No opinion Sampling Error Total Men Women White ----------------50% 51% 49% 43% 44% 45% 43% 50% 6% 4% 8% 6% +/-3.0 1834 ----N/A N/A N/A 3549 ----51% 43% 7% +/-8.0 +/-4.5 +/-6.0 Under 50 ----50% 45% 5% +/-6.0 Moderate ----55% 40% 5% +/-6.0 * percentage less than 1% 8 1 -33- May 2.5 No College ------50% 45% 4% +/-7.0 Conservative ------33% 62% 5% +/-5.0 Tea Pty Oppose ------80% 14% 6% +/-7.5 South ----46% 45% 9% +/-7.0 Tea Pty Neutral ------49% 47% 5% +/-6.5 North east ----57% 40% 4% +/-8..0 Midwest ----50% 45% 5% +/-8.5 West ----50% 46% 5% +/-7.0 Will win Will lose No opinion Sampling Error Total ----50% 44% 6% +/-3.0 +/-5.5 Republican -----21% 72% 6% +/-6.CNN/OPINION RESEARCH CORPORATION POLL -.5 Will win Will lose No opinion Sampling Error Under Total $50K --------50% 50% 44% 45% 6% 4% +/-3.5 Liberal ----71% 20% 9% +/-8.5 50 and Older -----49% 44% 6% +/-4.5 65+ ----49% 42% 9% +/-6.0 Independent -----52% 42% 6% +/-6. 2011 .5 Democrat ----76% 20% 5% +/-7.MAY 2.5 Non-White --------N/A N/A N/A 5064 ----50% 46% 4% +/-6.5 +/-5.5 Attended College -------50% 43% 7% +/-4.5 Tea Pty Support ------23% 71% 6% +/-7.

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful