This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
October 7, 2011 Double Dip or One Big Dip The current recession feels like a depression. I don’t care whether you call it a double dip or one big dip. I don’t care whether you call it a recession or a depression. A lot hinges on whether you are working or not, whether your children or grandchildren are working or not, whether your business is holding its head above water or not, I could go on and so could you… The cold hard fact remains that America and North Carolina are moving backward and not forward as job losses mount and businesses close. The leadership at the National and State level are not doing the job. Public polls continue to reveal this. We are headed in the wrong direction. The public no longer trusts Pres. Obama or Governor Perdue to fix the problem… The Blame Game Gov. Perdue, every chance she gets, blames North Carolina’s 10.4 unemployment rate on the loss of government jobs caused by GOP budget cuts. The State Employment Security Commission’s figures do not support her claims…Republicans were blamed for massive job losses in the public sector, including thousands of NC teachers. Get this: The ESC in its latest report stated there was a net increase of 13,600 government jobs. When it’s all said and done, there will be very few, if any, teacher or teacher assistant jobs lost in the public schools. If you want to see the unadjusted job losses/gains, check out the ESC report from September which will be released around October 21st. Wait and see… Note: If the only jobs being created are government jobs, what does that tell you about the State’s economic recovery plan? You tell me… Civitas Poll: McCrory Still Leads Perdue Raleigh, N.C. – Despite having not yet announced he is running for governor, Republican Pat McCrory leads Democratic Gov. Bev Perdue by nine percent among North Carolina voters. Forty-seven percent of voters said they would vote for McCrory if the election for governor was today and the candidates were McCrory and Perdue. Thirty-eight percent would vote for
Perdue and 11 percent said they are undecided. Unaffiliated voters, the fastest growing voter segment in the state, would vote for McCrory by a 52 percent to 31 percent margin. Charlotte area voters, 62 percent, are most behind McCrory followed by those in Western North Carolina (49 percent) and the Piedmont Triad (49 percent). Perdue looks to have the support of 47 percent of voters in both the Triangle area and the Northeast, along with the state’s Southeastern region (46 percent). “While McCrory has held on to his hardcore supporters, he appears to be losing some ground among those expressing softer support,” said Civitas Institute President Francis De Luca. “The most significant drop for him occurred among voters in the Southeast region of the state.” Civitas Poll: Obama Losing to Candidates Romney and Perry in N.C. Raleigh, N.C. – In the swing state of North Carolina, a new poll by the Civitas Institute reveals that if the election for President was today, Democrat Barack Obama would lose to either Republican candidate Mitt Romney or Rick Perry. Romney currently leads as the choice among North Carolina voters as 50 percent said they would vote for him if the election for President of the United States was being held today and the candidates were Mitt Romney the Republican, and Barack Obama the Democrat. Thirtynine percent said they would vote for Obama, and seven percent are undecided. Voters in the 18-25 (62 percent) and 26-40 (49 percent) age demographics would pick Obama over Romney if the election was today. Fifty-four percent of those age 41-55 and 48 percent of voters 56-65 would vote for Romney. In the key 66+ demographic, Romney has their support by a 57 percent to 31 percent margin. Romney having run in 2008 and been again actively campaigning for the last year is a known quantity. Voters seem to be judging the incumbent based on their view of the economy and that is not good for President Obama. In another potential matchup, if the election for President was today, Obama would lose to Republican candidate Rick Perry by a 48 percent to 41 percent margin. Seven percent of voters said they are undecided. Eighty-four percent of Republicans and 51 percent of unaffiliated voters would choose Perry if the presidential election was today. Sixty-nine percent of Democrats would vote for Obama. Perry’s numbers are up over Obama slightly from July, but what has to be troubling for the President is the undecided vote. Usually undecided voters end up going in larger percentages for the challenger.
Full Text of Questions: “If the election for President of the United States was being held today and you had to make a choice, for whom would you vote if the candidates were: Mitt Romney the Republican, and Barack Obama the Democrat?” Total Romney – 50% Total Obama – 39% Definitely Romney – 41% Probably Romney – 7% Lean Romney – 2% Undecided – 7% Lean Obama – 1% Probably Obama – 4% Definitely Obama – 34% Refused – 4%
“If the election for President of the United States was being held today and you had to make a choice, for whom would you vote if the candidates were: Rick Perry the Republican, and Barack Obama the Democrat?” Total Perry – 48% Total Obama – 41% Definitely Perry – 41% Probably Perry – 4% Lean Perry – 3% Undecided – 7% Lean Obama – 1%
Probably Obama – 4% Definitely Obama – 35% Refused – 4% Leveling The Playing Field This is what leveling the playing field looks like. Current European tax rates: United Kingdom Income Tax: 50% VAT: 17.5% TOTAL: 67.5% France Income Tax: 40% VAT: 19.6% TOTAL: 59.6% Greece Income Tax: 40% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 65% Spain Income Tax: 45% VAT: 16% TOTAL: 61% Portugal Income Tax: 42% VAT: 20% TOTAL: 62% Sweden Income Tax: 55% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 80% Norway Income Tax: 54.3% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 79.3% Netherlands Income Tax: 52% VAT: 19% TOTAL: 71% Denmark Income Tax: 58% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 83%
Finland Income Tax: 53% VAT: 22% TOTAL: 75% If you’ve started to wonder what the real costs of socialism are going to be - once the full program in these United States hits your wallet, take a look at the table. As you digest these mind-boggling figures, keep in mind that in spite of these astronomical tax rates, these countries are still not financing their social welfare programs exclusively from tax revenues! They are deeply mired in public debt of gargantuan proportions. Greece has reached the point where its debt is so huge it is in imminent danger of defaulting. That is the reason the European economic community has intervened to bail them out. If you’re following the financial news, you know Spain and Portugal are right behind Greece. The United States is now heading right down the same path. The VAT tax in the table is the national sales tax that Europeans pay. Stay tuned because that is exactly what you can expect to see the administration proposing after the fall elections. The initial percentage in the United States isn’t going to be anywhere near the outrageous numbers you now see in Europe. Guess what… the current outrageous numbers in Europe didn’t start out as outrageous either. They started out as minuscule - right around the 1% or 2% where they will start out in the United States. Magically, however, they ran up over the years to where they are now. Expect the same thing here…. In the USA, there is a notion that with hard work and perseverance, anybody can get ahead economically. Do you think that can ever happen with tax rates between 60% and 80%? Think again. With the government taking that percentage of your money, your life will be exactly like life in Europe... You will never be able to buy a home. You will never buy a car. You will never send your children to college. Let’s not shuffle the battle cry of the socialists under the rug either. It’s always the same cry. Equalize income. Spread the wealth to the poor (whoever they are). Level the economic playing field. Accomplish that and everything will be rosy. It’s time to take a really hard look at reality. Greece is a perfect example. Despite the socialistic system that has ruled this country for decades, with a 65% tax rate, they are drowning in public debt, would have defaulted without hundreds of billions in bailout money from the EU, and still. . . 20% of their population lives in poverty. What has all that socialism money bought, besides ultimate power for the politicians running the show? Do you think these people are "free"? They're not. They are slaves to their economic "system." Still want to level the playing field?? From: Tim O’Reilly Miller Industrial Fluids Indianapolis, In Quotes:
“If you are going to achieve excellence in big things, you develop the habit in little things. Excellence is not an exception, it is a prevailing attitude.” Colin Powell “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” Steve Jobs, Rest in Peace 10/05/11 Senator Jerry Tillman can be reached on Facebook Are you on Facebook? You can reach Senator Jerry Tillman by clicking this link. http://www.facebook.com/jerrywtillman Once you get to Jerry’s page, just hit the like button at the top of the page and you’ll start getting updates during the week. If you don't have a Facebook account, you can sign up for an account so you can start getting Jerry's updates. Then tell your friends and neighbors who might want to know what Jerry is doing in Raleigh for the folks in Randolph and Montgomery counties. Again, just click: http://www.facebook.com/jerrywtillman To connect today. You Can Follow Senator Tillman on Twitter Go to http://www.twitter.com/jerrytillman and sign up to follow Senator Tillman.
SENATOR JERRY TILLMAN SENATE MAJORITY WHIP 628 Legislative Office Building Raleigh, NC 27601-2808 Phone: 919.733.5870 Fax: 919.754.3339 firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe, please reply to this e-mail with “unsubscribe” in the subject line.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.