This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Faculty of Business Administration
Report Cover Sheet
Students must complete all details except the faculty use part.
Please submit all assignments to your subject lecturers or the office of the concerned lecturer.
Assignment Title: Report Number: Subject Code: 6111 Course Instructor:
MARKETING PLAN 2 Due Date: 26 APR 2011 Semester: SPRING 2010-2011 Subject Name: MARKETING MANAGEMENT Section: E MD.ZIAUL HAQ Degree Program: MBA
Declaration and Statement of Authorship:
1. I/we hold a copy of this assignment, which can be produced if the original is lost/ damaged. 2. This assignment is my/our original work and no part of it has been copied from any other student’s work or from any other source except where due acknowledgement is made. 3. No part of this assignment has been written for me/us by any other person except where such collaboration has been authorized by the lecturer/teacher concerned and is clearly acknowledged in the assignment. 4. I/we have not previously submitted or currently submitting this work for any other course/unit. 5. This work may be reproduced, communicated, compared and archived for the purpose of detecting plagiarism. 6. I/we give permission for a copy of my/our marked work to be retained by the School for review and comparison, including review by external examiners.
I/we understand that
7. Plagiarism is the presentation of the work, idea or creation of another person as though it is your own. It is a form of cheating and is a very serious academic offence that may lead to expulsion from the University. Plagiarized material can be drawn from, and presented in, written, graphic and visual form, including electronic data, and oral presentations. Plagiarism occurs when the origin of the material used is not appropriately cited. 8. Enabling plagiarism is the act of assisting or allowing another person to plagiarize or to copy your work
Group Name (if applicable):
No. Student Name
Student Number Student Signature Date
1. 2. 3.
KM NASIF ADNAN MEHNAZ AHMED MEHZABIN MD. FAHIM FAISAL
10-94181-3 10-94175-3 10-94199-3
For faculty use only:
Total Marks: _____________ Marks Obtained :_______________
Faculty comments__________________________________________________________________________________________ __________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The shinning glory of fashion SPRING 2010-11 2 .
.... 12 Current Situation ……………………………………………… 13 Marketing mix strategy……………………………………………………. 12 SPRING 2010-11 3 .. OBJECTIVES………………………………………………… Page No. 8 Target Market.Table of Content Contents: Executive Summary………………………………….………………………………………………………………….…….. 11 Market Analysis….......... 6 7 Current situation Analysis……………………………………............ 14 Evaluation ………………………………………………………………….…………………………………………………………........….
Its central focus is on marketing planning of the said organization. gents and kids wear.Ziaul Haq Course Instructor Marketing Management American International University of Bangladesh Dear Sir. KM Nasif Adnan ID : 10-94181-3 Mehnaz Ahmed Mehzabi ID : 10-94175-3 Md. Fahim Faisal ID : 10-94199-3 Acknowledgement SPRING 2010-11 4 . Modern marketing planning concept is practiced here with different aspects of Bangladesh culture in home and abroad. This is all about our new fashion house. SUN SHINE Section: E American International University of Bangladesh Tel : o2-xxxxxxx 26 April 2011 Md. The report made on basis fashion market in Bangladesh which is growing up with due importance now-a-days. We have the pleasure to submit our marketing plan titled “UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION”.Letter Of Transmittal Group No. It is more important for Bangladesh where garments products markets earning a huge number of profit for the country. This fashion is concerned here with ladies. Yours sincerely. This was a good opportunity for us to understand and deal with the problem.
we are pleased to complete the report on the given subject properly and authentically. Then we express our thanks to our department and authorities for granting us such opportunity in this level. We are very pleased to accomplish the assigned task given by our revered course instructor MD. But we have been able to overcome the problems with direct and indirect assistance from our course instructor. information regarding particular organization and marketing activities. we take the opportunity to thank The Almighty. While completing this report we faced different problems such as shortage of time. 1.ZIAUL HAQ . If there is any questions and/or comments regarding the interpretation of this report please feel free to contact us at the addresses or phone number above. We are really thankful to him. Executive Summary SPRING 2010-11 5 . Thank you for your funding of this report.At first. Finally.
UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION. sincerity. Now we have designers from India and Bangladesh. gents and Kids wear UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is now concerning about opening new branches and we want to move forward by innovation of new ideas and customer satisfaction. started our journey only before one year. 2.1. Company resources SPRING 2010-11 6 . After a successful opening of Ladies. Now after the devotion. Most of the fashion lovers of Bangladesh and who lives abroad now accepted UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION as a new fashion glory for Bangladesh. a well reputed name in the fashion industry. and hard work of its group of people it has created a look and image of true colors of life for the new generation. Current Situation .Internal 2.
we also have got training from the existing employees of the fashion house. Marketing objectives: Increasing distribution network. Financial objective: Now the company is charging reasonable price for our product. SPRING 2010-11 7 . People: The employees are from Bangladesh as well as from Indian. UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION wants to make profit through selling quality goods to the customers with a reasonable price. The designers are experienced and loyal towards our organization. Objectives Mission statement and vision statement: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION’s mission is to increase the distribution network by opening more branches and create customer satisfaction by providing them quality goods and services. Corporate objectives: The Corporation’s objective is to make a strong brand image and reputation in the fashion industry. We have a good number of product line. Time: The Fashion house remains open from 10am to 8pm (1000hrs to 2000hrs) Skills: The designers are experienced and got training from reputed designing training institutions in home and abroad especially from India.2. Increase public awareness through different types of advertising. AR Rahman. Financial: Most of the capital is from Mr. But gradually improvements of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION products and profits earned from different products and services have given UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION a strong financial background within only one year. 2.
We also have a free environment to innovation. External threats: Law & order situation may not under control in the country. 3.1. Increasing number of boutiques. Summary of Situation Analysis 3. Long term objectives: To make a brand image and strong position in the fashion industry of Bangladesh. SITUATION ANALYSIS 3. Each and every employee has a direct relationship with our direct supervisor or the department head.3. The sales executives have common get ups and in generating ideas we avoid “go” and “run” error. 2. Corporate culture: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION follows our own corporate culture. Increasing consumer price sensitivity Price hiking of different products SPRING 2010-11 8 . All new good ideas are accepted by the supervisors and followed by care.
The difficulty of developing brand awareness. Internal weaknesses The supporting hands with capital necessary to enlarge its country-wide selling network. External opportunities: Supportive hands from backward linkage and forward linkage of this industry. Small group of target customers. Low number of quality products in the market 3. High price products. Lacking of advertising.2. Management with in-depth knowledge of this industry.3. Less distribution channel. Lacking in support of capital. Decreasing consumer buying power. Huge sub-contracts are available from the existing export oriented RMG factories. Highly efficient work force. SPRING 2010-11 9 . Internal strengths Experienced and creative designers and skilled embroidery operators. 3. Customer relationship building Priority on product quality Online business.4. 3.
3. ARONG is certainly the market leader. the fashion houses were in the growing position.126.96.36.199. Threat of intense competitors: When UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION started our operation in Bangladesh. Customers growing bargaining power: Customers are now-a-days very price sensitive and our switching cost is also very low. 3.Porter 5 forces analysis: By considering porters five forces model we can conclude the following information: 3.6. So UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION has to maintain our customer relationship heavily. So the price sensitive customers will certainly move towards the products with less price and high quality.4. We also get a huge supply from our production house. 3. So fashion houses like UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is under threat from those fashion houses. Because entry barrier is low in fashion industry so it is challenging for a fashion house to survive in the fashion industry.1. 3.2. But now at this time there are many popular fashion houses in Bangladesh. Our good relationship with our Indian suppliers can save our threat from supplier side. 3. UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is not even the market challenger.5. Threat of new rivalry: Each and everyday new fashion houses and small boutique shops are opening in Bangladesh. A large distribution network of ARONG and variety of SPRING 2010-11 10 . Suppliers growing bargaining power: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION now gets supplies from Indian exporters.5.5. Threat of Substitutes: Many substitutes are available in market for fashion hunter customers. Competition and market share: In the fashion house industry of Bangladesh. We can be in the list of market follower.
4. New products are regularly introducing in the market. Bangladesh is a developing country. The consumers are becoming aware of new products and fashions through the help of satellite and internet. Customers are becoming much more price sensitive because a large substitute is available. It is too hard to determine the market share of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION because it has only one outlet and with variety of product line. Most products of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION are somewhat with a reasonable price. so customers with income level of 30.1.product line and a strong brand image has made ARONG the leader of the fashion industry. 3. Psychographics: The customers are from good society.3. Though we have expectation of more shopping but the lower income is being an obstacle for them. so we have a high taste of fashion.7.8. SPRING 2010-11 11 . 3. 4. Demographics: The customers of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION are mainly young generations of Elite class and middle class. Nature of the buying decision: As we all know the consumers of the developing countries are much more conscious about product availability rather that the products feature. Because now in Bangladesh the price of everything is going upward so the fashion lovers are in trouble.2. We all are well aware of fashion with unique choice of products. Competitors' strengths and weaknesses: Strengths: • Large Distribution channel • Large variety of product • Lower Price • Strong brand image • Popularity among different income level people • • • Weaknesses: Customer relationship building Different groups of customers Online marketing. Because we always look for good quality with a reasonable price.4. TARGET MARKET Consumer Analysis 4.000-more are interested customers of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION fashion and crafts. The consumers prefer different styled products and unique products. so the customer buying decision is much affected by the products availability and price. 4. We love fashion with a different choice and low availability for others. Market trends: The fashion market is changing too fast. 4. We also don’t have a large distribution network. Meeting our regular demand is much more complicated. A little bit lowering of price may be helpful for the customers with lower income. Participants: Mainly Elite class and middle income level people are the customers of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION.
Because UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is giving tailoring service so the customers can make customized products according to our taste. We have separately marketing department. Our service demand is also high. Market size: The market size for UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is small. 4. We have CEO. We have different products like SHAREES and PANJABIS for age group of 20-45 and for the Elite class and higher middle class people. Industry structure and strategic groupings: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is not a big organization. We rarely alternate our buying decision. All the necessary and main decision of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is taken by the CEO of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION. Our closest competitors like ARONG are the market leader and we have gained a large market segment through our perfect marketing plan and our large distribution network. The satellite system has brought many changes in Bangladeshi fashion industries. and consumer’s buying power as well as price sensitivity is changing. UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION can make our market size big by targeting a new group of customers or new market segment. Loyalty segments: Most of the customers of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION are loyal customers. The fashion designing sector is obviously growing nowadays in Bangladesh. SPRING 2010-11 12 . 5. Some are ARONG. Market segmentation: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION has made our market segmentation by products of clothing industry.5.1. Although we are thinking about opening three or four more branches but we have make more branches to reach to large market size.1. DESHI DOS among them some are close and some are distant competitors for UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION. The fashion house is a booming industry in Bangladesh. 5. 6.4. The location of the shop is convenient for the Elite class customers. ARTISTI.6. Our position hierarchy is simple with a tree like network. Accounting and Finance department. because the new generations are much more conscious about fashion. Market definition: By analyzing the current market we can found that there are many fashion houses in Bangladesh.3.4. We buy frequently from UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION with a very low alternative choice. MD and some departments’ heads.2. 5. 5. and CATS EYE. The customer expects quality products from UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION. Buyer motivation and expectations: Unique design of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION fashion and excellent customer service is highly motivating for the customers. We have segmented our market by age and customer status like our income and social status. Economy: Our country’s economy is going so fast. WESTECS. Market Analysis 5. CURRENT SITUATION 6.
f.5. Legal: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION has legal certificate and proper trade license for our fashion house.4. Suit.2. e. g. Fashionable & Traditional Shalwer suits: All types Children dress: All types Imitation Jewelry Shoes and Shandles Fabrics: Suiting & Shirting Readymade: Shirt. We have kept in mind that Bangladeshi customers tend to buy more products during our different occasions. 6. Products: Sharees: Bridal. Sharwani . h. Panjabi. Shirting. 7. 6. Sherwani etc. We also have production house to make different types of products. Socio cultural: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION has made products for different occasions. Opportunity for them is to collect products from local areas of Bangladesh as our competitor ARONG do. Pants. Yellow. Pant. We also have qualified operators to operate those machines properly.3. Green. like EID. 6. PUJA. Available colors: Blue. 6. Maroon. Product Source: Import from India and Made in Production house of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION fashion and Crafts. Supply chain: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION collects our products mainly from Indian exporters. 6. Customers Description: The customers are mainly Elite class and Higher Middle Class. Technology: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION has latest machines for boutique and tailoring services. Marketing Mix Strategy SPRING 2010-11 13 . 6.which is evident from the opening of the new Boutiques every now and then So UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION has made some price adjustments and we have made some quality improvements adjusted with our customer’s satisfaction. 6. Safari suit & all types of ladies tailoring. BANGLA NOBOBORSHO etc. Price Suit. 6. Service: Tailoring: Suiting. Black etc.
b. Available colors: Blue. 7. And Wardrobes. 7.1.1. Black etc.7.d. Product life cycle management and new product development: The products are mainly in the growth stage. and SHOPPER’S WORLD etc.1. SPRING 2010-11 14 .a.1. 7. 7. Price Suit. Product mix: Sharees: Bridal. Suit. We are thinking of opening 3 or 4 new branches but we are not thinking of any new product development. NABEELA. ADIDAS. Pants. Fashionable & Traditional Shalwer suits: All types Children dress: All types Imitation Jewelry Shoes and Shandles Fabrics: Suiting & Shirting Readymade: Shirt. Bags. 3rd Circle: Indirect Competitors: NIKE.1. Safari suit & all types of ladies tailoring. and ARMANI etc. We are continuously developing our existing products according to our customer need. Service: Tailoring: Suiting.e. Detergents. Shirting. Panjabi. Hangers. Perceptual mapping: In the perceptual map the following steps should be included sequent: 1st Circle: Different Things to use the products: Clothes. 2nd Circle: Direct Competitors: ARONG. Maroon. Sherwani etc. Green. Sharwani .c. Product 7. Pant.1. Yellow.
3. 7.2. The customers are price sensitive so UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION has to maintain a price adjustment.d. UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION uses following ways our advertising purpose. theme. 7.f.3.2.3. NOTE: Because UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is a new fashion house. Promotional goals: To generate public awareness through providing customer satisfaction through different types of quality goods. 7. Price 7.2.c. Pricing method: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is using cost plus method. 7.b. We have gained customer mind share but gaining customer heart share is a matter of time. Sales force requirements.1. Monalisa. 7. We also give discounts at various occasions.3.7.2. Popular media star Joya Ahshan.3. Discounts and allowances: Different discounts are available for purchasing of large quantity goods. So it is tough to evaluate BCG or GE approach for our single product.2. flights. so for a SBU it is tough to have all the sales data and finding out the market share. Promotion 7.e. and media: Our target group is the Elite class so we are successful for making them aware of our product and services.1. advertising and 7. We have our own brand name and a semi-strong brand image in the customer mind.a. 7.3. and management: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION only use sales from our fashion house. Our customers get our products only from the SPRING 2010-11 15 . There is some lacking in our marketing mix strategy. brand image. Advertising reach. Media Newspaper Campaign Internet public relation for 7. Pricing objectives: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is charging high and reasonable price for our products. Local customers are quite unaware of our products and services.2. techniques. 7. Pricing strategy: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is using price skimming strategy. frequency. Brand name.2. and Nirob are our products model. and brand equity: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION already has a well reputation as a quality and fashionable goods provider in the market. Price elasticity and customer sensitivity: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION don’t change our price at a frequent basis. Joya Ahsan is our brand ambassador.4. Promotional mix: does not use wide promotional activities.
7. Word of mouth marketing (buzz): Our customers are too loyal to our product.3.4. Physical evidence is an essential ingredient of the service mix. 7. Electronic promotion: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION don’t have electronic media. We often buy our products from here. inside environment and location. 7. Our sales forces are controlled by directly by CEO. We only believe in selling from our outlets and by creating customer loyalty our product is now a popular product. Sales promotion: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION don’t have huge sales promotion yet.1 PLACE Place describe the channel UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION use for selling our product. The designers are experienced and loyal towards our organization.1 PHYSICAL EVEDENCE Where is the service being delivered? Physical Evidence is the element of the service mix which allows the consumer again to make judgments on the organization. One suggestion may to participate in the trade fairs and some direct selling to make more customers.8. 7. 7. About our fashion house people feel good by seeing our interior decoration.outlets. SPRING 2010-11 16 . We have our website through which we able to make huge customer awareness. As we are not B2B organization that’s the reason why we sell our products to customer only from our fashion house available in Banani. consumers will make perceptions based on our sight of the service provision which will have an impact on the organizations perceptual plan of the service.1 PEOPLE The employees are from Bangladesh as well as from Indian.5. We have good and experienced sales people.3.6. where we sell our products.5. Publicity in some newspapers and magazines is also available.3. Our product quality has made our products popular among our customers and those customers frequently talks about UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION product.6.3. Publicity and public relations: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION has built a good public relation by our superior customer service. 7. We also can use selling through the internet.7. University and college students get attract by its outer and interior design. We have our fashion house in Banani. 7.
7.8. SPRING 2010-11 17 .7. But it is a great opportunity for them to make some electronic distribution channel like internet. We also some time use in home delivery. 7.7. Distribution channels: We have only outlet selling system for our distribution channel. We should build a strong distribution network for our products and make them publicly available.7. marketing and accounting departments.1.7. Though we have qualified employees in our organization but still we can have some more qualified employees because our organization size is increasing significantly.7. Selling theory: Theories of our Selling: o AIDAS (Attention-Interest-Desire-Action-Satisfaction) Theory o “Right Set of Circumstances” Theory o “Buying Formula” Theory o Need (or problem) Solution Adequacy Need or Problem Product or Service Trade Name Purchase Satisfaction Pleasant Feelings o “Behavioral Equation” Theory Purchase And/or 8. We have only one outlet for our products. EVALUATION 8.2. After some year when UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION will be a large organization we can have our own Human Resource department.4. We can employ more qualified operators and make our production faster. We are thinking of opening 3 or 4 more new branches. Geographical coverage: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION has a weak side in our distribution.1 Personnel requirements: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION can have some more employees for our sales promotion. 7.1 PROCESS 7. collecting customer feedback. Electronic distribution: We have not introduced the electronic distribution system yet.3.
5. 8. but still we are in a great need of large capital. but still UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION can adjust our system with the system of ARONG. Assign responsibilities: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION can have a separated marketing depart3ment through which we will be able to control our advertising efforts and proper maintenance. UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION can arrange training for our sales representatives by more seminars and by qualified existing sales representatives.4. 8. But still for future we can think about the MIS.3. 8. We can have more people for large distribution channel. We also can closely monitor the business activities of our competitors. By more capital we will be able to achieve more qualified employees and more branches. Adjustment mechanism: The adjustment mechanisms can be large distribution to reach the local people.2.6. Management information systems requirements: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION is not so big organization that we will have to have a management information system. Give incentives: Though UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION have trend to give incentives to our employee. Training on selling methods: The employees of UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION are trained from different fashion schools. We can introduce internet selling as a new mechanism. but we also can give our employees more incentives to motivate them. THE END SPRING 2010-11 18 . We can make milestone and work hard to achieve the milestone.8. 8. UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION also have some training systems for the new employees. we can have our own website to make worldwide customers. 8. We also can assign people in direct selling.8. Financial requirements: More profit is a plus point for UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION. 8.7. Though it is too tough to compete with ARONG. Monitoring results and benchmarks: UNIQUE FASHION COLLECTION can have some employees to monitor the activities of our workers. We also can have different new product lines for the Old people and other types of services like wholesaling to the local retaliators.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.