This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING ACADEMIC YEAR 2011 – 2012(ODD SEMESTER)
QUESTION BANK Subject Code/Name : CS1310-Object Oriented Analysis and Design Year/IV Sem : IV/VII
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. 14. 15. Write about the traditional development methodologies? Define objects. Give a brief note on object behavior What do you mean by information hiding? Define class hierarchy Write briefly about inheritance and explain the types of inheritance. What do you mean by polymorphism? Explain object relationship and associations. What do you mean by consumer-producer association? Write about static and dynamic binding? Define object persistence Define meta-classes. What do you mean by software development process? Explain briefly the waterfall approach. Define collaboration.
KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, PUNALKULAM
Write about CBD? Why do we go for object oriented systems development? What is horizontal prototype? Explain the domain prototype? Write about the Vertical prototype? Explain Analysis prototype? What is waterfall SDLC? What are the advantages of Waterfall model? What is software correctness? What if Software correspondence? What is software verification? What is software Validation? How is software verification differing from validation? What are the uses of prototyping? What is object oriented SDLC? What is Use case modeling? What is Object Modeling? What is Object Oriented Analysis? What is Object Oriented Design? What is Object Oriented Implementation? Differentiate between messages and function /Subroutine calls. 18. Write a brief note on RAD. 25. KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. 17. 24. 37. 26.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN 16. 38. 33. 23. 36. 34. 28. PUNALKULAM . Define Prototype. Give the types of prototype. 21. 35. 22. 31. Write the 80-20 rule. 19. 29. 39. 27. 20. 30. 32.
4. 14. Define frame work. Describe the various Object oriented concepts? Describe the Software Development process. KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. PUNALKULAM . (a) How can we build a high quality Software? (b) Write the difference between verification and validation 4. Write briefly about Use Cases. Write about the four phases in OMT? What do you mean by object diagram? What are the primary symbols used in Data Flow Diagrams? What are the diagrams used in Booch methodology? Give the steps involved in Macro development process in Booch methodology. 6. Write short note on Objector. 7. 2. Define patterns template. Give the steps involved in capturing pattern. 2. 8. Define anti-patterns. Give the steps involved in Micro development process in Booch methodology. 12. 10. Define patterns. Describe the Object oriented Systems Development Life Cycle? (16) (16) (12) (4) (16) UNIT-II – OBJECT ORIENTED MODELLING PART-A 1. 5. 3. 9. 13. Define pattern mining.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN PART-B 1. Give the differences between design patterns and frameworks. 3. Give some examples for components in pattern.
29. What is a Package? Define method and Process. 27. 25. 26. 21. 23. 22. 27. Give the nine UML graphical diagrams. 28. Why do we go for unified approach? Write short note on UA proposed Repository. 18. 16. 20. 17. (a) Describe Rumbaugh’s Object Modeling Technique? (b) Explain about Object Oriented Modelling 2. 24. Give detailed notes about the Booch Methodology? (a) Give a detailed account of Jacobson methodology? (b) Explain in detail about the Component Diagram 4. Define object Model Define dynamic model. 31. Describe patterns and the various pattern templates and Frameworks ? KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN 15. PART-B 1. Mention the primary goals in the design of the UML. 30. What are the advantages of Modeling? Define UML. What is an Object Model? What are the main Advantages of DFD? What are the strengths of OMT? What are the models described in OMT Approach? What are the strength of Booch methodology? What is Use case. 19. Define model. 3. Describe the difference between method and process. PUNALKULAM (12) (4) (16) (12) (4) (16) . What is meta model. Explain about the types of model.
10. 12. 7. 7. 3. Activity Diagram and Package Diagram for ViaNet Bank ATM System. 11. 8. What is meant by railroad paradox? What do you infer from railroad paradox? Give the two-three rule? What is the 80-20 rule? Why is documentation an important part of analysis? List the approaches for identifying classes? KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. 9.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN 5. What is the purpose of analysis? Why do we need analysis? Why analysis is a difficult activity? What do you mean by business object analysis? Write a short note on use-case model? Define use-case. 2. 5. 6.(16) Describe the UML Class diagram?(16) Draw an State Diagram . 4.(16) Consider a digital library system. Draw the following UML diagrams for the above mentioned system and explain(16) (a) (b) (c) (d) Use Case Diagram Activity Diagram Sequence Diagram State chart Diagram 6. UNIT-III-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS PART-A 1. 8. When ‘extends’ association is used? Define ‘uses’ association. PUNALKULAM . Explain in detail the different processes and components of the unified approach with a block diagram.
22. Give a detailed note about Associations? (a) Explain in Detail about the identifying relationships ? KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. 28. 5. (16) (12) (4) (6) . 26. 21. What is an association? What is generalization hierarchy? Give the advantage. 18. Demonstrate the guidelines for finding use cases and developing effective documentation? (16) Give detailed notes about the Noun phrase approach for identifying classes? (a) Describe the CRC approach? (b) Write the rules for Naming the Classes 4.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN 13. 3. What are some common associations? How to eliminate unnecessary associations? How would you know it? What do you mean by aggregation? What are the major properties of a-part-of relation? What guidelines would you see to identify a-part-of structures? Why do we need to identify the system’s responsibilities? How would you identify attributes? How would you identify methods? Why do we need methods and messages in object-oriented system? 24. What do you mean by relevant. 19. 16. What is CRC? What are the three steps in CRC process? Give the guidelines for naming a class. 14. fuzzy and irrelevant classes? How would you select candidate classes for the list of relevant and fuzzy classes? What is the common class patterns strategy? Give the list of patterns used. PUNALKULAM 2. 15. PART-B 1. 27. 25. 23. 17. 20.
7. 9. What do you mean by coupling? What do you mean by degree of coupling? What are the two types of coupling? What do you mean by cohesion? Give the types of cohesion. 13. 10. 16. PUNALKULAM . What are private. 6.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN (b) Give a detailed note on Super-sub class relationship and a-part-of relationship? (10) UNIT-IV-OBJECT ORIENTED DESIGN PART-A 1. 17. 2. 14. Differentiate coupling and cohesion? What do you mean by design patterns? Define OCL? What do you mean by expressions? Give the syntax for some common expressions. 5. 4. 15. 11. 3. public and protected protocols? What is encapsulation leakage? What are the three basic types of attributes? How do you present UML attribute? What are the different types of methods provided by a class? What are some characteristics of a bad design? KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. 12. 18. 8. What is the need for axiomatic approach? What are the main activities in design process? Define axiom? What are the two design axioms applied to object-oriented design? Define corollary? Give the corollaries derived from design axioms.
39. 37. 23. 29. 31. 40. Define DDL and DML. KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. What is concurrency policy? What is shareability? What do you mean by transaction? Define client-server computing? Differentiate distributed and cooperative processing? What do you mean by distributed object computing? Write a short note on CORBA? What are the necessary characteristics that a system must satisfy to be considered as an object-oriented system? Differentiate object-oriented databases and traditional databases? Describe reverse and forward engineering? Define object-relation mapping? What are the different mapping capabilities to be defined? Define referential integrity? What do you mean by federated multidatabase systems? Define MDBS? Define neutralization (homogenization). 26. 32. 34. 33. How do you present UML operation? Define Package What do you mean by persistence? Give some persistent data. . 30. 24. 27. PUNALKULAM 35. 36. 41. 20. 38. 25. 21. Define transient data? Give some transient data? What are the essential elements in providing a persistent store? Define schema or meta-data? What is meant by database model? Give the different database models. 42. 28.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN 19. 22.
44. (16) (16) 6. 4. What is the task of view layer? Explain the steps involved in designing the view layer classes? (16) Describe the purpose of view layer interface? Explain in detail the axioms and corollaries in object oriented design. 50. 46. 7. 45. 48.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN 43. 5. Describe object – relational systems? (16) What is the purpose of access layer? Explain the steps involved in designing the access layer classes? (16) What are the different models involved in designing access layer. 2. KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. 47. PUNALKULAM . What are the windows in user interface used for? What are the three general steps in creating a user interface object? What is a Metaphor? PART-B 1. 49. (16) 3. What do you mean by ODBC? What are the activities involved in access layer design process? Write short note on creative process? What are the steps in view layer macro process? Give the three UI design rules. Describe in detail about Object oriented database management systems? (16) State the differences between OODBMS and traditional database.
6. 16. 18.Box testing? What do you mean by Top. 17.down Testing? Discuss about the Statement testing coverage and Branch testing coverage? What is Path testing? What is Bottom . 21. What is the purpose of debugging? What are the types of errors that you could find in your program? Discuss Error-based testing? Discuss Scenario-based testing/usage-based testing? Name some testing strategies? What is the Impact of Object orientation on Testing? Discuss Black-Box testing? Discuss White.Up Testing? What is the objective of testing? What is the necessary of a test plan? List the steps needed for a test plan? Define regression testing? Define Beta testing and Alpha testing? What is the purpose of configuration control system? When is testing said to be successful? Define Usability? What are the issues in software quality? KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. 14. 19. 5. 13. 3. 7. 4.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN UNIT-V-SOFTWARE QUALITY AND USABLITY PART-A 1. 20. 9. 11. 12. PUNALKULAM . 15. 8. 2. 10.
PART-B 1. 26. 30.CS1310-OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS AND DESIGN 22. 25. 2. 27. 3. Why do we need usability Testing? What is the objective of usability testing? Define Test plan and test case. 23. (a) Describe user satisfaction? (b) How do you measure the user satisfaction in your project? KINGS COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING. Describe quality assurance test and testing strategies? Describe test cases and the impacts of object orientation on testing? Illustrate test plan and continuous testing? (a) Describe Usability Testing? (b) Describe about Quality Assurance? How it is tested? (16) (16) (16) (12) (4) (12) (4) 5. PUNALKULAM . What is Usability testing? What are the guidelines for developing usability testing? Explain user satisfaction testing? Explain COTS and USTS? Write about the user satisfaction cycle? What is Quality. 4. 29. 28. 24.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.