This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
A CENTURY OF DEVOTION WITH POEMS by Sai Suresh Gattu
Notes from the Author
• • • • This eBook is an unfinished version and I plan to include a total of 100 Poems. Please fell free to share this as it is to Sai Devotees I plan to publish this as a Book, If editing\reusing the content please obtain my consent first. For any questions please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Gurus Name In every living thought "SAI" prevails Truth and his essence in a life that hails He is the captain protecting my ship that sails Devotion and emotion make a path that never fails Sadguru makes my choices not the "heads" or "tails" His sayings are patterns, a belief that never de-rails Karma is a destiny that never pales Navavidah bakti is a route that my breath inhales My earthly desires the "Name" SAI BABA bails. 2. Focus and Patience
Truth without belief is like king without a kingdom. Belief without bonding is like suffering without pain. Bonding without selflessness is like honey without sweetness. Selflessness without helpfulness is like ship without a sea. Helpfulness without a reason is like disease without a cure. Reason without a thought is like an adage without a meaning. Thought without devotion is like a secret without a purpose. Devotion without a Shradda is like a society without people. Shradda without a Saburi is like a body without life.
3. Why a Guru? Earthly thoughts easily blend The context of devotions can then append Beliefs and trusts can easily amend "Sadguru" my Master I shall never pretend I shall pray with focus that would never descend Show me the right path, the light that would never bend Without a reason I shall seek you and depend Faith is a Road and there is no "Dead End" Every walk in my life is an instruction you SEND
4. Eternal game with an Earthly life
Hard work can find SUCCESS for world, Fine thought can find SOLUTION for mankind Unstinted effort can find CURE for earth, Emotion can find SYMPATHY for life Illusion can find a DISCOVERY for luxury, Practice can award man PERFECTION for lifetime Sharing wit and wisdom can build a better place Only Devotion can find the right "DESTINY an Eternal game with an Earthly life"
Shradda and Saburi can only make devotion "A winners Game Played by a Looser" 5. Sainath my Guru To speak and laugh makes man different from rest living Strength of muscle can conquer the world and make him king With Wit and Wisdom He could fly the skies where the stars swing And acquire the fortunes that heavens could bring And finally realize "We leave empty, we were born with nothing to bring" True Happiness lies not in taking but just giving And few divine moments we spend in name of god and the praiseful songs that we sing Like a child is selflessly blessed with mother’s affection and caring Sainath my Guru, I seek your guidance all enlightenment and divine mentoring 6. 3 S’s in Success (Sadhbava, Sadhbuddi, Sadhsang) Any new thought can be classified as a prototype To say something told before is termed stereotype Devotion is a sacred emotion, a noble cause not to hype Bakthi is divine that neither gold can buy nor diamonds can swipe Just as Flute until finding the hands of right musician is a mere pipe Only a Sadguru can bring any argument to contention, raw fruit can ripe Belief in god needs no tattoo on shoulder or forehead with stripe Essence from sayings of Sainath puts an end to all the confusion and gripe Only with Sathbava, Sathbudhi and Satsang one’s suffering would end and sins would wipe
7. Sabka Malik Ek For the happiest of all, there could be moments sad SAI ‘Master of peace and Integrity’ is whom I seek whether happy or Sad It is humane to wish for worldly things what others often had Guru the 'courage and wealth of knowledge' is my only wish from what others had In confusing times, Light of truth distinguishes good from Bad Sainath shed the light of wisdom to grasp good even from the Bad In confessing thoughts, reality comes out of earthly clad Sainath is my only bonding not the earthly clad "Sab ka Malik ek hai"his only mantra can make the gloomy Glad
8. Sai the source After one comes two, after two comes three Meditating with numbers can set our minds free It takes an effort and passion to earn the highest degree Scholars can defend their thoughts and make us agree For every act in life, brain is a companion and heart being the referee Selflessness and devotion is not bound to a place or a territory Vision is a gift to eyes, but soul seeks foresight of a visionary Think of saint Saibaba who sought a sour neem tree Only to help us find the nectar in "Shradda and Saburi"
9. Finding Sadguru To aim the heights of the stars one needs an iron will, But Wit and smartness to fool the rest often fits the bill, Frozen ice flows as water unless you constantly chill, Humor and wisdom are mundanely charming until they fail to thrill. If Good cause with a noble desire into our minds often we fill, Even when the storm passes the sea the boat can still stay still. Righteousness from the core of soul should be the source we drill, Hatred and agony control the mind unless the selfishness we kill. Finding Sadguru in every form helps every happiness we pursue and every desire fulfill. 10. Scintillate Just as the stars shine and the spinning planets gravitate, Thoughts can add the comfort to life and make one feel great. Every one is born with a mind left in a clean state, With every walk in life, its karma what we accumulate. Moksha is the final stop to which good deeds navigate, If Guidance from Sadguru is what we seek to liberate, His divine bliss shows a path which would not deviate, In the name of Sai as our minds are set to meditate, Every thought would just not narrate but would scintillate. 11. Peace in life History showed kingdoms would perish and laws could then reform, Sainath help me stick to laws of truth and enlightenment, which would never reform. Science showed light could be seen even before hearing the thunderstorm, Sainath enlighten my path every day and night even in wind and storm. Answer to toughest question, lies in the all the earthly opinions we form, Sainath your presence is significance to every choice I make and every opinion I form. Truth lies in realization that everything we see, one day would still deform, Sainath guide me through the path which sets a Soul that would never deform, Peace in life comes to life in Satsang, Satsang starts with Sadguru,'Jai bolo Sai Ram'. 12. Incarnation If we search for finding happiness beyond sight's vision and mind's imagination, The quest ends with self-realization, just keenly observe gods every creation. Through artificiality added by every generation along every civilization We could gain many sources for tentative happiness, relaxation and recreation. Finally realizing that it was difficult to find solitude from life's vexation, As an answer to the created, God gifted every generation with his incarnation. With his guidance to build a better world tied with bonds of human relation, With trust and belief beyond definition and greater than any generic emotion Baba, I seek you with pure devotion along firm determination for rightful motivation
13. Trusts and belief Every frustration we come across can end with trust and belief, In every pain and every gain never forget to trust baba for relief. Every path is not with roses, thorny road can test this trust in grief, Trust ends an everlasting grief, so 'strengthen the trust to win the grief' in brief. Happiness through enlightenment is only wealth, that can’t be stolen to a thief, For good and bad and every act, remember that one-day you need to debrief. Miracles happen in divine presence, there is no reason for disbelief, One such wonder can be seen in "sweetness' that baba blessed even to a sour neem leaf, Every one is a traveler in life, baba is the master and commander in chief. 14. What saints illustrate With knowledge and innovation as a gift of god, living could always elevate, Showering with comfort and luxury beyond what life could often accommodate, Speed and success adds to thoughts and new theories would delegate, But still we find few questions tough to answer with the thoughts that we generate. Can we get a crop with no sunlight and rain but only land to cultivate? Can we laugh and dance to earthly tunes with out the life within to motivate? Such questions often show the fact that man is great but God is supreme and ultimate, Devotion is a path to god that the sayings of every saint illustrate, Sainath I bow with faith, I thank you for being my only reason to celebrate. 15. Integrity Seeing the universe and sky gifted with glittering stars, Strengthens the belief in the divine architecture. Seeing the bloomy flowers in many colors and flavors, Strengthens the belief in the divine creativity. Seeing the rivers flowing and nourishing green fields, Strengthens the belief the divine engineering. Seeing the beauty in life and harmony in nature, Strengthens the belief in the god given eyes of beholder. But 'Sabka Malik ek' strengthens the integrity in every diversity.
16. Every walk and every talk I woke up and realize, you gave me my morning filled with the sparkling sunlight Filling the thoughts that motivate my path, seamlessly brilliant and equally bright Ensuring that every step I take with 'sainaam' is destined to set a new height Still I find few moments so touched,'Sai' my guru you are always there to affright Birth is a bliss, growth is gift and Life is an earthly journey before an eternal flight Every phase is filled with 'Some times of sorrow' and 'some times of emotional' delight In times i quest 'Within the minds selflessness' and 'hearts emotion' that set the fight Sadguru send me your guidance in distinguishing 'good from bad' and 'wrong from right' Bless me in every walk and every talk, Sai is my Guru in shinny day and darkest night.
The sweetness in music and taste for hearing is sure a blessing, The fragrance in flowers and taste to smell them is sure a blessing, The beauty in nature and the eye of the beholder is sure a blessing, The kindness in mankind and ability to display is sure a blessing, The happiness in heart and nature to share it is sure a blessing, The sadness in sorrow and ability to end others sorrow is sure a blessing, The genius within ones mind and the ability to spread it is sure a blessing, The devotion in God and finding devotion in every deed is sure a blessing, Seek Sainath in every form and every path, your every Endeavour perceives his blessing. 18. Guidance Eyes can yield conclusions and conclusions from everything that is visual, Confusion can still cause conclusions that seem agreeably logical However gloomy one’s life can be ,still few moments seem quite tragical Yet the days go by and everything is back to being normally natural Right guidance applied towards our every goal, fulfills them, that’s practical But the choices we make from guidance we take can get whimsical This guidance I choose from my Sadguru of Shiridi is so Magical It solidifies my thought and fulfils my heart and has no Parallel It is beyond being geographical and astronomical Sadguru your guidance is Phenomenal
19. Guided Custody beyond any relief that can bring us joy thru a comedy beyond any soothing that can bring us tranquility thru a melody Sadguru make me joyful and tranquil in helping the needy beyond any solution that can brings us a success thru a remedy beyond any amusement that can brings us a thrill thru a parody Sadguru make me successful and thrilled in the deeds I embody beyond any wealth that can brings us riches being greedy beyond any feeling that can brings us contention thru life and its body Sadguru make me rich to content in your guided custody 20. Devote Success can determine the direction to promote Failures can cause the paths and choices to demote In success and failure ,Sadguru I seek to the direction you denote Support can come to success ,In good time we win everyone's Vote Left alone in failure ,In bad times we have no one to take a note In good and bad alike ,Sadguru sail me the waters like a float Happiness can fulfill the desires with the earthly joy we coat Wise can fail ,at circumstance that can make one a scapegoat Not to Desire and Circumstance ,but to Sadguru I humbly bow and I devote
21. Ultimate Giver I am human , a mere believer Truth wins justice says every god’s follower Earthly bondings do cry me a river
I see a shortcut to success quite simple yet clever But guru your guidance is my only power It quenches my thirst like a holy shower Like a winter cold that sets a shiver Hardships I encounter try to empower I wish for serenity in Sai the Ultimate giver 22. Conquest Life does not come as a gift upon one’s request Guided life in Sadguru’s hands is something I request Luck does not come as default, and stay as one’s Guest Getting Lucky once for all is choosing my Guru as my lifetime guest Joy does not come magically unless sorrows are put to rest Choose Sainath as your mentor, trust belief and forget the rest Wealth does not make you wealthy at heart unless you offer your best Saint of Shiridi within makes you the real wealthy ‘Better than Best’ A strongest metal passes every test let , Sai guide your every Conquest 23. God Oriented If we could create life from everything we invented We would still copy what God as already created If we understood the true joy that truthfulness Granted We would see god in every shape and form we wanted If we watch for fruits from the seeds that we planted We should realize the seed is the result of Gods name that’s chanted If we hope to shine even in wind and rain with our plans daunted We need to believe in trust and guidance as incredibly hinted Life is a misery that’s Goal Oriented unless we make it ‘God Oriented’
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.