This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Subject Code Subject Name Credits : 04 Book ID: B 0680 Each question carries ten marks 6 x 10 = 60 : BC 0036 : Digital Systems Assignment No: 01 Marks: 60
1. convert the following octal number to decimal a) 73.24(8) b) 276(8) c) 0.3456(8) d) 24.87(8)
2. Prove that
a) a + bc = (a+b) . (a+c) b) a + a b = a +b.
3. Use Boolean algebra to simplify the logic function and realize the given function and minimized function using discrete gates. f= a b c + a b c + a c + bc +abc. 4. Reduce the following expression using K map and implement using universal gate.
a) f = b) f=
∑(0,2,3,5,6,7,8,9,11,13 ,15 )
∑(2,3,5,6,7,9,11,13 ,14 )
Describe the operations performed by the following arithmetic circuits. a. Half adder b. Full adder c. Half subtractor d. Full subtractor
6. Explain Master Slave J-K Flip Flop.
BCA (New) I Semester Assignments for August 2008 Session
Subject Code Subject Name Credits : 04 Book ID: B 0680
: BC 0036 : Digital Systems
Assignment No: 02 Marks: 60
Each question carries ten marks
6 x 10 = 60
1.Represent the following hexadecimal number into octal. a) 8AC8.A5(16) e) 6DE.DD(16) b) 654.AA7(16) c) 23BC.0A(16) d) 456.012(16)
Write the truth table and a Boolean expression for the following conditions: x is 0 if any two of the three variables are 1. x is 1 for all other
conditions. 3. Implement the following SOP expressions.
a. b. c. d.
f f f f
= ∑(1,2,3,6,7,12,14,15) = ∑(1,6,7,14) = ∑(2,4,6,8,10,12,14) = ∑(1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15)
4. Obtain the set of prime implicants for f=
∑(0,1,6,7,8,9,13 ,14 ,15 ) .
5. Draw the logic diagram of a divide by 18 Johnson counter. Sketch the timing diagram and write the sequence in tabular form. 6. Explain a basic three bit up/down synchronous counter.