This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
SSS Website Registration FAQs 1. What is the purpose of online registration in the SSS website? The main purpose of online registration is to ensure information security and to prevent identity theft. This is in accordance with Section 24 (c) of the SS Law, which provides that the members' records should be kept confidential by the SSS and Section 31 of the Electronic Commerce Act or Republic Act No. 8792. The said provisions are cited below: Republic Act No. 8792 (Electronic Commerce Act) "Section 31. Lawful Access - Access to an electronic file or an electronic signature of an electronic data message or electronic document shall only be authorized and enforced in favor of an individual or entity having legal right to the possession or the use of the plaintext, electronic signature or file and solely for the authorized purposes. The electronic key for identity or integrity shall not be made available to any person or party without consent of the individual or entity in lawful possession of the electronic key." Republic Act No. 8282 (Social Security Law)
"Section 24. Employment Records and Reports. - (c) The records and reports duly accomplished and submitted to the SSS by the employer or the member, as the case may be, shall be kept confidential by the SSS except in compliance with a subpoena duces tecum issued by the Courts, shall not be divulged without the consent of the SSS President or any official of the SSS duly authorized by him..." 1. When did the online registration start? It started on June 12, 2008 when we launched the enhanced SSS website. All members, including employers, need to register online to be able to get a user ID and a password that will enable them to access their respective social security records from the SSS Online Inquiry System. This service is free of charge and is a more convenient and economical way for the members to download and print their SS records since it eliminates the need to visit and queue at our branches to request for print-outs. Now, you can access and print your SS records any time and at the comfort of your home or office.
1. What are the system requirements to access the SSS website? . . . The following are the minimum system requirements: PC with internet connection Microsoft Windows 95 and above operating system versions Microsoft Internet Explorer version 6.0 and 7.0
1. How do I register online? Simply type http://www.sss.gov.ph, the SSS website address, in the address bar of your Internet Explorer and press the Enter key to display the SSS website. Then, mouse over on the My.SSS menu to pull down the sub-menu. Click on Register (found under the sub-menu) to commence with your online registration. Follow the system's instructions and fill up the registration form accordingly. Then, click on the Submit button at the end of the page to send the information to SSS. 1. What are the information required in registration? a. For Members • SS Number (composed of 10 digits) • First, Middle and Last Names • Date of Birth (click on the month, day and year) • Mother's Maiden Name (indicate surname only) • Address . Address 1: House number and street name . . . . Address 2: Barangay or village name City/Province • Postal Code • Contact No.
• E-mail Address (must be a valid and active e-mail) Note: If your e-mail address is other than yahoo.com, kindly inform your network administrator not to block mail from sss.gov.ph. . Preferred User ID - Length of 8-20 characters; no special character except underscore is allowed; first character must be alphabetic
. If an employed member - Employer ID No. (composed of 10 digits; can be seen in the Employer's Registration Plate displayed in the employer's place of business or Employer SSS Registration Certificate) . If a pensioner - Savings Account No. where monthly pension is being deposited by SSS or Check No. of any pension received The check number can be seen in the check voucher, a sample of which is shown below: • If a Self-Employed/Voluntary Member/Non-Working Spouse/ OFW/ House Help - Supply the following information in the field for SBR No./OTC: If mode of payment is through the bank or over-the-counter (OTC) at an SSS Branch . The Special Bank Receipt (SBR) No. or validation number found in the SSS Form RS-5 issued for contribution paid at least 6 months prior to the date of online registration Note: The Check Number entered in the system must have ten (10) digits only. For example, if the Check Number is D-0048283262-9, disregard the letter (D) at the beginning and the last number (9) and just encode 0048283262. Check Number
Note: The SBR No. /OTC Validation No. entered in the system must have six (6) digits only. For example, if the validation number is T#14000096, disregard some of the zeros and just encode 140096. Sample Form RS-5 with Validation Number If mode of payment is through Bayad Center, SM Department Store, Ventaja Remittance Company, or I-Remit The Receipt No. found in the official receipt issued for contribution paid at least 6 months prior to the date of online registration If mode of payment is through Auto-Debit Arrangement (ADA) Just encode six zeros (000000) in the field for SBR No. /OTC.
. Five-Character Variable Code - Enter the code as it is shown. The code must be entered to ensure that an individual, not a computer program, is registering in the SSS website. . Terms and Conditions - Accept the Terms and Conditions by clicking on the box. The text of the Terms and Conditions can be viewed by clicking the phrase "Terms and Conditions" found at the bottom of the page. b. For Employers . Employer ID - Employer ID No. (composed of 10 digits; can be seen in the Registration Plate displayed in the employer's place of business, in the SS Form R-1 (Employer Registration Form), or in the certificate of registration issued by SSS . . Employer Branch Code - Put 000 (three zeros) if you have no branch office. Date of Coverage (click on the month, day and year)
• Address Address 1: Unit/Floor number, Building/Office name and street name Address 2: Barangay or village name City/Province
. . .
Postal Code Employer Representative's SS Number (composed of 10 digits) Employer Representative's First, Middle and Last Names
• E-mail Address (must be a valid and active e-mail) Note: If your e-mail address is other than yahoo.com, kindly inform your network administrator not to block mail from sss.gov.ph. . Preferred User ID - Length of 8-20 characters; no special characters except underscore is allowed; first character must be alphabetic . Five-Character Variable Code - Enter the code as it is shown. The code must be entered to ensure that an individual, not a computer program, is registering in the SSS website. . Terms and Conditions - Accept the Terms and Conditions by clicking on the box.
1. What will I do if I could not supply particular information pertaining to my/my employer's SS membership as required in the registration page? We advise you to call the SSS Hotline at telephone nos. 920-6446 up to 55 for assistance. The SSS Hotline serves callers from Monday to Friday (except during holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 1. If the registrant has no middle name, what will he/she encode in the field for middle name? The registrant may leave the field for middle name unmarked or blank. This will not affect the outcome of his/her registration. 1. Can a person who has been issued an SS number but has not yet been reported by any employer for coverage, register in the SSS website? Issuance of SS number does not automatically qualify a person for coverage. He/She must first be engaged in an occupation that is subject to SS coverage. In view of this, a person who has not yet been reported for coverage and has no contribution payment will not be able to register in the SSS website.
1. How will I receive my password? If you successfully registered in the SSS website as a member, the system will send your password to your e-mail address. However, if you registered as an employer representative, you will receive an e-mail informing you of the SSS branch office where you will pick up the company's password. 1. Upon receipt of my password, will I now be able to access my account? Yes. Mouse over on the My.SSS menu which is found in our website to pull down the sub-menu and click on Log-in to enter the log-in page 1. What information will I enter when logging in to the SSS website for the first time? You will be asked to encode your user ID and system-generated password. Afterwards, you will be prompted by the system to change the system-generated password with your preferred password (length of 8-20 characters; no special character except underscore is allowed; first character must be alphabetic) by entering the following information in the appropriate fields as shown below: Enter old password: ___________ (Enter the system-generated password.) Enter new password: ___________ (Enter your preferred password.) Confirm password: _____________ (Enter again your preferred password.) 1. Will the system-generated password serve as my permanent password? The password that you will create will be valid for a period of ninety (90) days only. After that period, the system will again prompt you to change your password. 1. Can I change my password earlier than its expiration? Yes, you may do so by logging in at My.SSS to access your account and clicking on Change Password, which is found under the Main Menu at the left panel. 1. What will I do if I forgot my user ID or password? Mouse over on My.SSS to pull down the sub-menu and click on Log-in to enter the log-in page. Click on the tab for Member or Employer as applicable then click on "Forgot User ID or Password?
Click here". To retrieve your password, you will be asked to enter your user ID. On the other hand, to retrieve your user ID, you will be asked to enter your e-mail address. In case, however, that you forgot your user ID and/or e-mail address, please contact the SSS Hotline at telephone nos. 920-6446-55 for assistance. 1. What will I do if my password was blocked or the system-generated password I received was invalid? In case of blocked access due to three (3) consecutive incorrect password entry or receipt of an invalid password, you may request for a password reset by calling our MAC Program Management Department at telephone no. 9206401, local no. 6201. The said department serves callers from Monday to Friday (except during holidays) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. 1. What will I do if instead of receiving a password, I am informed through e-mail that my registration failed? Online registration fails when the registrant enters information that does not match the information he/she submitted to SSS. Please call the SSS Hotline at telephone nos. 9206446-55 for assistance in case of a failed registration. 1. What information can be viewed from the SSS Online Inquiry System? The members will be able to view their membership details, employment history, loan status, contribution payments and benefit availments online. On the other hand, employers will be able to view their membership details, contribution payments remitted for their employees and sickness and maternity claim reimbursements. 1. Is there a way by which I could update my records in the website in case of change of address, contact no. or e-mail address? To update your records, log in to My.SSS and click on Update Profile (found under the Main Menu at the left panel) to access the Update Profile page and encode the correct information. Then, click the Update button to post the changed information in the system.
1. Can I still access the SSS Online Inquiry System after office hours? How about when I am abroad? Yes, you can access the said system provided you have internet access and a compatible browser. 1. What other services can be availed from the SSS web? SSS is planning to expand the services that the members can avail online. In the near future, the members can set an appointment with their respective servicing branches or file their salary loan applications through the SSS website. On the other hand, employers can submit their Form R-3 (Contribution Collection List) and R1-A (employment report) or request for copies of documents through our website. 1. Is viewing my SS records through the Internet safe and secure? Yes, the process of user registration ensures that access to SS records is given to the rightful members. In addition, once the member has successfully logged in to the SSS website, communication link is secured through a secure http communications protocol. You can also double-click the padlock symbol found at the right side of the address bar or the status bar to verify the website. It should show the following: 9
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.