This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Groundhog Day Old Groundhog stretched in his leafy bed, Turned over slowly and then he said, “I wonder if spring is on the way. I’ll go and check the weather today. If I see my shadow between eleven and noon, I then will know that I’m out too soon. I’ll crawl back in bed for six weeks more, Pull up the warm covers and snore and snore. But if no shadow gives me a scare, I know that spring is in the air. I’ll wake my friends and wish them cheer, With glorious news that spring is here!”
Reread, “Groundhog Day” three times to build your fluency and expression. Then complete the follow up below.
Search and Find
1. A plural noun: ___________________
2. A two syllable word:______________
3. A word with a suffix: _____________ 4. A contraction: ___________________ 5. A word that rhymes with “pear” _____ 6. Write these words from the poem in abc order: snore, spring, shadow, six
7. What words from the poem help the reader conclude that he will sleep more if he sees his shadow?
8. Reread the last four lines. Which word means, “happiness”. __________