H.N.B.

Garhwal University Srinagar Garhwal Uttarakhand
(A Central University)
PROFORMA FOR ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE INDICATORS (API) IN DIRECT RECRUITMENT OF ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR AND PROFESSOR

API Score Sheet
Minimum API Score Required Direct Recruitment of Associate Professor / equivalent Cadres (Stage 4) Direct Recruitment in Professor/ equivalent Cadres (Stage 5)
SECTION – A : GENERAL

Minimum Essential Qualification and Consolidated API score of 300 Points from Category III of API Minimum Essential Qualification and Consolidated API Score of 400 Points from Category III API

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

Name Designation Name of the Department / Centre Communication Address Email Telephone / Mobile number YEAR OF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL

: : : : : :

Category – III : Research and Academic Contributions
A. Research Papers (published in Journals)
School of Agriculture / Sciences / Life Sciences / Earth Sciences / Engineering Refereed Journals with ISBN/ISSN Numbers*. Non-refereed but recognized and reputable journals and periodicals having ISBN/ISSN numbers. Conference proceedings as full papers, etc. (Abstracts not to be included) School of Arts, Comm. & Languages / Humanities & Social Sciences/ Education / Commerce / Law/ Management Refereed Journals with ISBN/ISSN Numbers* Non-refereed but recognized and reputable journals and periodicals having ISBN/ISSN numbers. Conference proceedings as full papers, etc. (Abstracts not to be included) Max. Points No. of Research Papers Self Assessed score Score verified by Screening Committee

15 / Publication 10 / Publication 10 / Publication

1

Subjects Books by National level publishers/State and Central Govt.III. Subject Books by other local publishers with ISBN/ISSN numbers. 5 lakh) (ii) Consultancy Projects Amount mobilized with minimum of Rs.10. 30. Subject Books by other local publishers with ISBN/ISSN numbers. Publications with ISBN/ISSN numbers. Points No.000 up to Rs. 50.00 lakhs Minor Projects (Amount mobilized with grants above Rs. 2. 3 lakh Amount mobilized with minimum of Rs. and 3 / chapter in edited book 10 / Chapter 5 / Chapter III.00 lakhs Major Projects amount mobilized with grants above Rs.0 lakhs Major Projects Amount mobilized with minimum of Rs. of Projects Self Assessed score Score verified by Screening Committee 20 / each Project 15 / each project 10 / each project 10 per every Rs. for Science and social sciences respectively (iii) Completed projects: Quality Evaluation 2 . School of Arts. Comm. 10 / chapter in an edited book 25 / sole author. Research Projects School of Agriculture / Sciences / Life Sciences / Earth Sciences / Engineering School of Arts. 25. Research Publications (Book/Monographs) School of Agriculture / Sciences / Life Sciences / Earth Sciences / Engineering Text or Reference Books Published by International Publishers with an established peer review system . (C). 5. Chapters contributed to edited knowledge based volumes published by International Publishers Chapters in knowledge based volumes by Indian/National level publishers with ISBN/ISSN numbers and with numbers of national and international directories. Chapters contributed to edited knowledge based volumes published by International Publishers Chapters in knowledge based volumes by Indian/National level publishers with ISBN/ISSN numbers and with numbers of national and international directories.0 lakhs.00 lakhs up to Rs.00 lakhs Minor Projects (Amount mobilized with grants above Rs. Subjects Books by National level publishers/State and Central Govt.00 lakhs up to Rs. 5. and 5 / chapter in edited book 15 / sole author. & Languages / Humanities & Social Sciences/ Education / Commerce / Law/ Management Text or Reference Books Published by International Publishers with an established peer review system. 10.0 lakhs Major Projects Amount mobilized with minimum of Rs 5. of Publications Self Assessed score Score verified by Screening Committee 50 / sole author. Comm. Publications with ISBN/ISSN numbers.0 lakhs and Rs. 30. Points No. 3. & Languages / Humanities & Social Sciences/ Education / Commerce / Law/ Management (i) Sponsored Projects carried out/ongoing Major Projects amount mobilized with grants above Rs. 2. B. Max.000 up to Rs.00 lakhs Max.

& Languages / Humanities & Social Sciences/ Education / Commerce / Law/ Management Degree awarded only Max.** Participation and Presentation of research papers (oral/poster) in (a) International Conference (b) National (c) Regional and State Level Participation and Presentation of research papers (oral/poster) in (a) International Conference (b) National (c)Regional and State Level 10/ each 7.Phil. Comm.D.Completed project report (Accepted by funding agency) Completed project report (Accepted by funding agency) 20 / each major project and 10 / each minor project 30 / each national level output or patent/ (iv) Projects Outcome/ Outputs Patent /Technology transfer/ Product/ Process Major Policy document of Govt. D. Research Guidance School of Agriculture / Sciences / Life Sciences / Earth Sciences / Engineering School of Arts. Bodies at Central and State level and 50 / each for International level III. teaching-learning-evaluation technology programmes. Degree awarded only (ii) Ph. & Languages / Humanities & Social Sciences/ Education / Commerce / Law/ Management Max. E. (Maximum of 30 Points) (a) Not less than two weeks duration (b) One week duration (a) Not less than two weeks duration (b) One week duration 20 / each 10/each (ii) Papers in Conference/ Seminars/ workshops etc. Points No.5/ each 5/ each 3 . Comm. research methodology workshops. of candidate(s) Self Assessed score Score verified by Screening Committee (i) M. Training Courses and Conference/Seminar/Workshop Papers School of Agriculture / Sciences / Life Sciences / Earth Sciences / Engineering School of Arts. soft skills development and faculty development programmes etc. of Programmes Self Assessed score Score verified by Screening Committee (i) Refresher courses. training. Points No. Degree awarded only Thesis submitted Degree awarded only Thesis submitted 10 / each candidate 7 / each candidate 3 / each candidate III.

(iii) papers with impact factor between 2 and 5 by 15 points. Papers with impact factor between 5 and 10 by 25 points. (ii) papers with impact factor between 1 and 2 by 10 points. ** The API for joint publications will have to be calculated in the following manner: Of the total score for the relevant category of publication by the concerned teacher. the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/supervisor/mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally by all other authors. Note 3 : If a paper presented in Conference/Seminar is published in the form of Proceedings the points would accrue for the publication [III(A)] and not under presentation [III(E)(ii)] * Wherever relevant to any specific discipline. Papers with impact factor between 2 and 5 by 15 points.  More than three authors. Note 2 : The API score for paper in refereed journal would be augmented as follows:     Indexed journals – by 5 points. Papers with impact factor between 1 and 2 by 10 points. the API score for paper in refereed journal would be augmented as follows: (i) indexed journals – by 5 points. the first/Principal author and the corresponding author/ supervisor/ mentor of the teacher would share equally 60% of the total points and the remaining 40% would be shared equally. (iv) papers with impact factor between 5 and 10 by 25 points.(d) Local-University/ College (d) Local-University/ College level level (iii) Resource Person/ invited speakers (a) International (b) National level (a) International (b) National level 3 /each 10 /each 5 /each Note 1 : If there are more than one author of Research paper the points will be shared as follows:  Up to three authors: Points will be shared equally. Signature of the Candidate Name and Address of the Candidate Date: 4 . If a paper presented in Conference/Seminar is published in the form of Proceedings. the points would accrue for the publication (III (a)) and not under presentation (III (e)(ii)).