د. سريع الدوسري MCQ Name:_______________________________________Computer #:__________ 1. In an audiogram speech frequencies are: a. b. c. d. 2.
125, 250, 500 Hz 250, 500,1000 Hz 500, 1000, 2000 Hz 1000, 2000, 3000 Hz
Following are the features of acute mastoidectomy EXCEPT: a. b. c. d. Earache Post-auricular swelling Conductive deafness Painful movements of the pinna
All of the following statements are correct about facial nerve EXCEPT: a. b. c. It crosses lateral to styloid process Lies below horizontal semicircular canal Lies behind the pyramid in the posterior wall of the middle ear
Chorda tympani branch arises from its tympanic segment
All of the following muscles are supplied by facial nerve EXCEPT: a. b. c. d. Masseter Buccinator Stylohoid Orbicularis Oculi
All of the following muscles are supplied by VIIth nerve EXCEPT: a. b. c. d. Stapedius Posterior belly of digastric Platysma Tensor Tympani
Ramsay Hunt syndrome includes all EXCEPT: a. b. Facial paralysis Vesicles in the external ear canal and tympanic membrane Vesicles on soft palate Pharyngeal paralysis
Facial paralysis in acute otitis media is due to the following EXCEPT: a. b. c. d. Cholesteatoma Bony erosion of fallopian tube Pre-existing dehiscence of facial canal Infection of retrofacial cells
All are true about otosclerosis EXCEPT: a. b. c. d. Onset is between 20 – 40 years of age Causes slowly progressive hearing loss Endolymphatic pressure is raised More common in white races
Which of the following statement(s) is/are true concerning Meniere’s disease? a. b. Other name for the disease is Hydrops of middleear. It is characterized by attacks of vertigo, tinnitus and conductive hearing loss. It is common in females With repeated attacks of vertigo, cochlear function gets reduced. Main constituents of the nasal septum are:
a. b. c. d.
Quadrangular cartilage Vomer Perpendicular plate of ethmoid Perpendicular plate of palatine bone Which of the following is NOT true to nasal
11. synechia a. b. c. d.
Often follows intranasal surgery Epistaxis is the presenting feature Can lead to sinusitis Recurrence is common after removal Following are the features of atrophic rhinitis
12. EXCEPT: a. b. c. d.
Crusting and bleeding from nose Offensive smell Anosmia Narrow nasal chambers Purulent discharge in superior meatus is due to
13. infection of: a. b.
Maxillary sinus Anterior ethmoid sinuses
c. d. 14. a. b. c. d. 15. is: a. b. c. d. 16. a. b. c. d.
Posterior ethmoid sinuses Sphenoid sinus Septal performation is NOT seen in: Leprosy Wegener’s granuloma Tuberculosis Rhinoscleroma Most common malignancy of paranasal sinuses
Adenocarcinoma Adenoid cystic carcinoma Squamous cell carcinoma Malignant Melanoma Abduction of vocal cord is brought about by: Thyroarytenoid Vocalis Cricothyroid Posterior cricoarytenoid
17. External laryngeal nerve supplies which of the following muscle(s): a. b. c. d. Posterior cricoarytenoid Thyroarytenoid Oblique arytenoid Cricothyroid
18. The following laryngeal cartilages may show calcification EXCEPT: a. b. c. d. 19. a. b. c. d. Cricoid Thyroid Arytenoid Epiglottis Contact ulcer of the larynx is caused by: Tuberculosis Syphilis Vocal abuse Fungal infection
20. All are true about Plummer-Vinson syndrome (Sideropenic dysphagia) EXCEPT:
May be associated with carcinoma of hypopharynx or oesophagus. Dysphagia is due to cervical oesophageal web. Associated with iron-deficiency anaemia. More common in males.
b. c. d.
21. Most common benign tumour of the parotid gland in an adult is: a. b. c. d. Haemangioma Warthin’s tumour Pleomorphic adenoma Oxyphil adenoma
22. The most common malignant tumour of the salivary glands is: a. b. c. d. Squamous cell carcinoma Muco-epidermoid carcinoma Malignant mixed tumour Cylindroma
23. Which of the following is NOT true of Pleomorphic adenoma? a. It is slow-growing painless tumour
Local recurrence is common after enucleation Most of the benign submandibular gland mixed tumours occur in
Treatment is wide surgical excision Which of the following is NOT true of Warthin’s
24. tumour? a. b. c. d. 25. a.
Seen more often in men Affects age group of 40 - 60 Rapidly growing Affects tail of parotid gland All are true about Thyroglossal cyst EXCEPT: Presents as smooth, cystic swelling at or just below the hoid bone. Should be removed because of danger of infection and malignant change. Requires excision of mid-portion of hoid bone if recurrence is to be avoided.d. Originates from the 2nd brachial cleft.
26. A cystic midline swelling in the neck can be result of the following EXCEPT:
a. b. c. d.
Branchial cyst Dermoid cyst Thyroglossal cyst Sebaceous cyst