You are on page 1of 6

Special Visa for Employment Generation

In order to generate jobs and employment, the Philippine government grants a special visa for non-immigrants coming to the country intent to put investments and generate businesses. This visa is called Special Visa for Employment Generation (SVEG). This strategy is in compliance with the Constitutional provision, which states that the state affirms labor as a primary social economic force. With the help of the private sector and non-immigrants coming into the country, jobs will be created and the economy will grow. Qualifications for SVEG Application If you want to apply for SVEG, you need to meet the following eligibility requirements:

As a non-immigrant foreigner, you should be engaged in a commercial investment or enterprise in the Philippines and you should have responsibilities related to the management of employees; You should have the intention of remaining in the country indefinitely; You should not engage in any activity that would be considered a risk to national security; and Your business enterprise should employ at least ten (10) Filipinos and in compliance with all applicable laws in the Philippines.

Required Documents In addition to the application form, you will need the following documents: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Request letter; Valid passport; Proof of your investment. Work permit, if applicable Clearance from the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA); and Clearance certificate

All documents should be certified true copies. If your SVEG application is approved, you will have the privilege of multiple entries into the country as well as staying for an indefinite period of time without worrying about the need to exit the country after.

Special Investor Resident Visa SIRV

The Special Investors Resident Visa or SIRV is issued to foreign investors. It permits them to stay indefinitely in the Philippines as long as they satisfy and maintain the investment requirements. Overview of the application process The application can be lodged at the nearest Philippine embassy. But if the foreign investor is already in the Philippines, the application should be lodged at the Board of Investments (BOI) and therefore endorsed to the Philippine Bureau of Immigration. Visa eligibility To qualify for this visa, the following conditions should be met:

A clean criminal record Free from contagious diseases Is in good mental condition Should invest at least $75,000 At least twenty one (21) years old

Basic requirements

Application form from the Bureau of Investments Application form for dependents Personal history statement Notarized deed of undertaking Notarized police clearance National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance Medical certificate Birth certificate Certificate of remittance of the required investment

Permitted investments SIRV applicants may invest in the following arena:

Publicly-listed enterprises Investment and Priority Plans (IPP) Investments in the manufacturing and service industries

SIRV advantages

The highlight of securing SIRV is that it permits the visa holder to stay indefinitely in the Philippines. In addition, the foreign investor can bring his or her household goods and personal effects without worrying about tax and import duties.

Special Retirement Resident Visa SRRV

With the increasing cost of living in developed countries more people are considering to come to the Philippines, not just as tourists but as retirees. If you want to retire in the Philippines, you will need to apply for the Special Resident Retiree Visa (SRRV), which can be availed from the Philippine Retirement Authority. Visa eligibility

You need to belong to a country that has bilateral agreements with the Philippines. Your country of residence should not be included in the restricted list for SRRV. You should be at least 35 years old, does not have any criminal record, and you should meet the investment and medical requirements of the SRRV.

Basic requirements You should prepare and submit the following documents:

Duly accomplished application form; Passport containing your entry status in the country; Medical examination clearance; Certification from a PRA-accredited bank showing that the required investment has already been deposited; Police clearance from your home country if youve been in the Philippines for less than 21 days; If youve stayed in the Philippines for more than 21 says, you will need police clearance from your home country as well as from the National Bureau of Investigation in the Philippines. Twelve (12) copies of size your 2X2 picture.

Spouses and dependents If spouse and dependents are joining you in retirement, you need to provide your original marriage certificate and the birth certificate of your dependents. For marriage solemnized abroad and children born outside the Philippines, have your Embassy certify the documents. The pension scheme

In case you want to join a pension scheme, you will need to prepare a certification of monthly benefits and evidence of your monthly pension. For documents in a foreign language, translations to English should be provided. If your SRRV application is approved, you need to comply with the routine requirements of the visa such as the annual renewal of your PRA ID card, as well as paying the annual visitorial charge.

Temporary Resident Visa TRV

A restricted national who has contracted a valid marriage to a Filipina cannot qualify for a nonquota visa. Instead, they are issued with the temporary resident visa (TRV). Temporary resident visa A temporary resident visa does not grant residency rights to its holders. However, they are permitted to stay in the Philippines for a year. Should they satisfy the probationary period, they can extend their visa. Probationary period The probationary period for the temporary resident visa is one (1) year. If they satisfy this condition, they are allowed to extend their visa every two (2) years. Basic requirements

Letter of request Birth certificate of the Filipino spouse Marriage certificate Duplicate copies of the applicants passport Clearance certificate

Marriage certificates that are not written in English should be translated. For the extension, the documents that should be prepared are:

Application letter Extension form Clearance certificate Duplicate copies of the applicants passport and Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) I-card

Advantages of the TRV

Once approved, the visa holder is permitted to work in the Philippines. They are also allowed to lease or own personal properties. After five (5) years of residency, depending on their immigration record and contribution, they may apply for citizenship.

13a Marriage

The 13 a marriage visa or the so-called non-quota immigrant visa is issued to foreign nationals who have contracted a valid marriage with a Filipino citizen. This visa is not exclusive to foreign spouses. Dependents are also covered by this visa. Basic requirements

Application letter Birth certificate of the Filipino spouse Valid passport Clearance certificate Proof of valid marriage

Non-quota versus quota immigrants Foreign spouses are considered as non-quota immigrants. This means that there is no limit with regards to the number of applicants that are permitted to enter. This is in stark contrast to quota immigrants where only fifty (50) applicants per nationality can be accepted. Filing before the marriage A valid marriage is an important requirement of the 13 a marriage visa. Applicants who submit an application prior to contracting marriage shall be denied. Divorcees or those who have a previous marriage are also eligible to apply, provided that the former marriage is already dissolved or terminated. As for the Filipino spouse, annulment should be sought first before entering another marriage and applying for this visa. Legal separation does not terminate a marriage. It remains valid until the courts declared it is null and void. Should the applicant pursue with the application, a denial will be issued. Consular officers would always ask for divorce and annulment papers. The failure to submit such documents shows the inability to comply with the necessary requirements. Visa assistance

Assistance can be only facilitated by representatives who are recognized and accredited by the Bureau of Immigration. This ensures that all the procedures have been strictly observed and practiced.

Tourist Visa Extension

As long as the foreign visitor is not categorized as a restricted national, he or she may enter the Philippines without getting a visa. This protocol is due to the bilateral agreements formed by Philippines with other countries. Initially, a foreign national may stay for a maximum of twenty one (21) days. If they wish to stay longer, they need to apply for a visa extension. Basic requirements

Valid passport Clearance certificate Duly accomplished visa extension form

Who can process the application? The application can be processed personally by the visa holder. Representatives are permitted but they should be accredited by the Bureau of Immigration. Use of representatives To prevent abuse, the Bureau of Immigration ensures that only legitimate and authorized representatives can file for an extension. Be wary of those who are offering assistance. Always check their background. Fake extension stamps can lead to deportation and being included in the blacklist. When to file the extension? The extension should be filed a week before the 21-day period ends. This is enough time to process the whole application. The volume of applicants may affect the processing time. Thus, to prevent any hassles, early preparation must be strictly observed and practiced. To get more information about VISA and Immigration Visit Manila VISA