This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Master of Business Administration - Semester 4 OM0015 – Maintenance Management - 4 Credits (Book ID: B1340) Assignment Set- 1
Note: Each Question carries 10 marks. Answer all the questions.
1. Briefly explain the maintenance systems that are practiced in production/service units by providing few examples.
2. What are the three stages in the lifecycle management of any machinery? Explain in brief the Life cycle management system
3. Explain briefly the metrics that can be developed by the maintenance department to identify the gap and take action to achieving the desired level of performance
4. Distinguish between preventive and breakdown maintenance 5. “Organisations normally adopt a combination of one or more of the above methods. And these options are justified if the resultant savings are more than the total costs associated with any one of these methods” –Substantiate this statement.
6. A valuable tool for improving maintenance effectiveness is to use fault tree analysis. What does this tree means and how it is used as a valuable tool for electrical, hydraulic and other complex systems in isolating physical components using circuits and attends to the problem?
2 (60 Marks) Note: Each Question carries 10 marks. Explain briefly the five levels of data developed in UMS 5. . Explain briefly how the principles of scheduling. will improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the maintenance management? 4. What are the depreciation methods that are normally used in an organisation? 6. 1. What are the ranges that we can normally expect for each of the OCE factors? Explain how an improvement in 10 % of wrench time will offer 25% improvement in utilisation of the crew and hence the OCE.Spring 2012 Master of Business Administration . Answer all the questions. What are the maintenance planning principles? How they contribute to the success of planning? 2. Explain briefly the ABC classification and reasons behind recommending ABC and VED classifications for managing inventory of spare parts for maintenance? 3. Explain briefly the importance of ‘Depreciation’ and its disposition while calculating the capital expenditure of the equipment to be replaced.Semester 4 OM0015 – Maintenance Management . when followed.4 Credits (Book ID: B1340) Assignment Set.