This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
All About Zodiac Sign
All About 12 Rashis Aries
Mesha First sign of zodiac
Lord: Mars. Symbol: the ram. Benefics: Sun, Mars, Jupiter. Malefics: Venus, Merc, Sat. Neutral: Nil. Maracas: Venus Badhakasthana: Aquarius (11th) Badhakapati: Saturn. Yog karaka: Jupiter, Sun. Exalted: Sun 10˚ Debilitated: Saturn 20˚ Mooltrikona: Mars (0˚ -12˚) Ideal match signs: Leo, Libra, Sag. Moon’s auspicious degree: 21˚ Moon’s inauspicious degree: 8˚, 26˚ Lucky perfume: Dragon’s blood. Lucky number: 9, 1, 4, 8, 2, 3, 5 Lucky days: Tuesday, Saturday, Friday Lucky gem: Red coral in copper in 1st finger, ruby, pearl, garnet. Lucky colours: Red, yellow, copper, golden; black be avoided. Day of fast: Tuesday. Controls or governs: Vitality, lunacy, meningitis. Characteristics of Aries: Fiery. Movable, chara rasi. Barren. Prishtodaya. East. Dry. Male (masculine). Positive. Quadruped. Nocturnal. Short ascension. Uttarayana. Bilious. Vaisakha (15 April – 15 May). Blind at mid-night. Lunar sector. A malefic (krura), odd, day sign. Dhatu (metals minerals clay). Kshatriya (warrior class). Acute, violent, bestial, mysterious, impulsive and rhythimic sign. Appearance & looks: Slender in stature, middle stature, round eyes, sharp sight, long face and neck, ruddy complexion, head broad at temples and narrow at chin, teeth well-set, mole or scar on head or temples, weak knees bad nails, eats sparingly and quickly, fond of walking, bushy eye brows, developed bones.
-3Positive traits: Dynamic and creative, original and independent, abundant energy, forceful, pioneering, adventurist, enterprising, courageous, freedom loving, assertive, frank, vitality, decisiveness, power to adjust to circumstances, ambitious, planning ability, strong will power, heroic, self confidant, love for art elegance and beauty. Negative traits: Fickle minded, quick tempered, extremist, hot-constitution, rash, restless, selfish, unsubtle, impulsive, impatient, quarrelsome, aggressive, stubborn, needs a change or break after continuous stay or work, nervy. Arians a. Eat sparingly but are mentally virile. b. Active, aggressive, rough, rugged are arians who resist diseases even. c. Walk is almost like a run. d. Are clever but do not hestitate to pick up a quarrel in order to hold their own. Part of the body ruled: Head, brain, eyes, bones of face, upper jaw, and muscles. Glands, nerves, arteries: Pineal gland, arteries to head and brain. Possible diseases: Brain derangement or fever, headache, apoplexy, insomnia, pyorrhea, sleeping sickness, eye trouble, accidents from fire, epilepsy, vertigo, eruptions on head and face, piles, sex-diseases, afflictions to nerve centers, acne. Profession & trades (career suggestions): Powerful people who wield much authority and notoriety, leadership, industry, surgeons, tools, machinery, medicines, metal-workers, martian-services, judicial service, agriculture, gardening, liquor houses, gambling, butcher, dentist, explorer, armed forces, engineers, firemen, trade-union leaders, mechanics, sportsmen/women, selfemployed businessmen/women, chemicals, manure dealers, speculations and lotteries, fire-arms, architecture. Dhana yogas for Aries lagna 1. Mars Jupiter Saturn in 5th. 2. Sun in 5th. Mars and Moon in 11th. 3. Venus in 12th. 4. Plannet(s) in 10th give wealth from its karkatawa. 5. Jupiter in Kendra from Moon gives landed property. 6. Moon Mars conjoin in auspicious house. 7. Venus Saturn in 4th. 8. Sun Moon in auspicious house(s) gives power and position. 9. Mars in lagna, either conjunct or aspected by Mercury, Venus and Saturn. 10. Mars in lagna and Venus in 11th. Constellations 0˚ male 13˚.20’ male 26˚.40’ f 30˚ Lord Kethu Venus Sun Name Ashwini Bharani Krittika Padas 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 First choo chay cho laa lee loo lay lo aa Syllable
Vrishabha Second sign of zodiac
Lord: Venus. Symbol: the bull. Benefics: Sun, Saturn. Malefics: Moon, Venus, Jupiter. Neutral: Venus. Maraka: Jupiter, Venus, Moon, Mars. Badhakasthana: Capricorn (9th) Badhakapati: Saturn. Yog karaka: Saturn. Exalted: Moon 3˚; Rahu. Debilitated: Kethu. Mooltrikona: Moon 3˚-30˚. Ideal match signs: Virgo, Capri, Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces. Moon’s auspicious degree: 14˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 25˚, 12˚. Lucky perfume: Storax. Lucky numbers: 2, 8, 7, 9. Lucky days: Friday, Wednesday, Saturday, Monday. Gain through partnerThursday Lucky gem: Diamond, sapphire, emerald, in gold in 3rd finger right hand. Lucky colours: Pink, green, blue, white, Avoid red. Day of fast: Friday. Controls or governs: Bones, flesh Characteristics of Taurus: Earthy Immovable, fixed, sthira rasi, Semi-fruitful Prishtodaya South Day Female (feminine) Negative Quadruped Nocturnal Short ascension Uttarayana Windy Jyestha (15 May – 15 June) Blind-at mid-night Lunar sector a benefic (soumya), even, night sign. Moola (plant, trees) aishaya (trading class) possessive mild, passive, soft, smooth sign. Appearance & looks: Short stature, tendency to corpulence, darkish complexion, squarish built, big face, plumpy thighs, prominent face and eyes, large ears, hands plumpy and broad, thick and stout neck, walks sportingly, good digestive power, moles or marks on back or sides in female nativity-beautiful and attractive. Positive traits: Practical, reliable, patient, persistent; loving, ambitious, affectionate sensuous, trustworthy, warm-hearted, strong willed, industrious, liberal
-5in gifts, self-reliant, remarkable power of indurance, fond of pleasure, love, beauty and music, sacrificing and forgiving disposition, cautious, careful, prudent, liberal heart, does not retain anger for long, stamina, endurance imaginative. Negative traits: Lazy, possessive, nervy unimaginative, stubborn, greedy, resentful, self-indulgent, unoriginal, obstinate, proud, prejudiced, fixed and rigid temperament, bit selfish and vindictive, slow in action, materialistic. Taureans a. Are remarkable power of endurance but rigid in out look. b. Are fond of eating, drinking and all comforts of home. c. Are selfish, self-control and obstinate but men of principles. d. Are extremely passionate- chances of falling prey to sex ailments. Parts of the body ruled: Neck, throat, larynx, chin, lower, jaw, ears, tongue, vocal chords, face, palate, uvla. Glands, nerves, arteries: Jugular veins, tonsils, thyroid. Possible disease: Small pox, facial paralysis, blindness, earache, goiter, gout, laryngitis, obesity, tonsillitis, throat inflammations, gullet or cerebellum problems, polypus, abscesses, mumps, quinsy. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Accountant, financier, banker, art dealer, builder, civil servant, farmer, horticulturist, jeweler, model(s), property dealers, sculptor, singer, engineering units in army, fine arts, commercial units, business in luxury goods, hotels, cinema, theatre, food grains, fruits, vehicles, animals, brothel houses, intellectual careers involving mental activity. Dhan yogas for Taurus lagna 1. Mercury, Saturn in 2nd. 2. Sun Mercury in any sign other than Scorpio. 3. Sun in 7th and Venus in 4th-dhana through partner in marriage. 4. Venus Saturn in 9th. 5. Venus in 1st, Saturn in 4th and Sun in 10th. 6. Venus in 1st Saturn in 9th. 7. Mars in 1st and Moon Saturn in 10th. 8. Saturn in 1st and Mars in 10th. 9. Mercury conjoins Jupiter. But, Mars sambandha with them Mars this yoga. 10. Venus in 1st, conjunct or aspected by Mercury and Saturn. Constellations 30˚ female 40˚ male 53˚20’ eunuch(f) 60˚ Lord Sun Moon Mars Name Krittika Rohini Mrigashira Padas 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 First ee oo a 0 vaa vee voo vay vo Syllable
Mithuna Third sign of zodiac
Lord: Mercury. Symbol: the twins. Benefics: Venus. Malefics: Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn. Neutral: Moon, Jupiter. Maraka: Mars, Jupiter. Badhakasthana: Sagittarius (7th) Badhakapati: Jupiter. Yog karaka: Venus, Mercury. Exalted: Debilitated: Mooltrikona: Ideal match signs: Libra, Aquarius, Aries, Leo. Moon’s auspicious degree: 18˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 13˚, 22˚. Lucky perfume: Wormwood. Lucky numbers: 7, 3, 5, 6. Lucky days: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Wednesday. Lucky gem: Turquoise, emerald, Y.sapphire in gold in 4th finger right had. Lucky colours: Yellow Day of fast: Full Moon- day. Controls or governs: Breath, cough Characteristics of Gemini: Airy Common, dual mutable, double-bodies, dwisswabhava Barren Shirshodaya West Day Male (masculine) Positive Biped Nocturnal Medium ascension Uttarayana Bile, wind, phlegm Asadha (15th June – 15th July) Blind-at noon Lunar sector a malefic (krura) odd, day sign Jeeva (insects class) Human, voice, musical, intellectual sign. Appearance & looks: Tall and straight in stature, active in motion, thin but well developed face, nose elevated i.e. snubbed a bit, clear black eyes, curly hair, depression near chin, sanguine complexion, thick neck, long slender hands. Positive traits: Intellectual, planner, versatile adaptable, witty, charming, logical lively, chatty, amusing, youthful, fond of reading writing and indoor activities, sensual, artistic, imaginative, good conversationalist, inventive, progressive, variety seeker, best for occupation where much activity is needed, mathematician. Negative traits: Changeable, wavering mind, nervous, restless, fickle, fidgety, gossipy, inquisitive, liable to fraud and deception, if papas in Gemini, trickery, deceit will be their nature, interested, interested in moving with opp. Sex.
-7Geminians a. Are fond of life, zest and pleasure but wants attention. b. Are remarkable for their ingenuity, originality and intellectual ability whose grasping power is tremendous. c. Gets irritated easily but is soon quiet. d. Jack of all trades but master of none. Parts of the body ruled: Shoulders, arms, hands, fingers, upper ribs. Glands, nerves, arteries: Bronchial tubes, trachea, thymus, nervous system. Possible disease: Diseases of lungs, nerve-fibers, asthmas, cough, bronchitis, pneumonia, T.B., nervous exhaustion, accident to upper body especially collar bone, consumption, rheumatism, catarrh, colds, stammering, chest disorders, fracture of hands shoulers and arms. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Intellectual career involving mental activity, journalism, lecturer, salesman, secretary, teacher, travel, agent, telephone operator, air broadcaster, commentator, import- export, gems, clerks, postman, accountancy, physicians, joint business, cotton textiles, engineer, producers, commercial traveler, sea, navigation, traders, mathematics, steno, writers. Dhan yogas for Gemini lagna 1. Moon Mercury Jupiter, Venus in 1st. 2. Jupiter, or ooncha Venus aspecting Moon. 3. Jupiter in 2nd Moon in 7th. 4. Mercury Saturn in 9th. 5. Moon in 2nd or 12th gives ancestral property. 6. Moon Jupiter in 2nd. 7. Mercury or Moon in 10th or Mercury Venus in 11th. 8. Saturn in 9th & Jupiter in 5th or Saturn in 9th and Moon Mars in 11th. 9. Jupiter Sat Mars in 1st or Merc in 10th and Jup in 4th give landed property. 10. Mercury in 7th & Venus in 4th give dhana through marriage or partnership. 11. Mercury in 1st, conjunct or aspected by Jupiter and Saturn. 12. Mercury in 1st and Moon, Mars and Jupiter in 11th. Constellations 60˚ eunuch (f) 66˚40’ female 80˚ Mars Rahu Mrigashira Aridra 3 4 1 2 3 4 ka kee ku kham ang chha
Lord Name Padas First Syllable
female 90˚ Jupiter Punarvasu 1 2 3 kay ko ha
Karkata Fourth sign of zodiac
Lord: Moon. Symbol: the crab. Benefics: Moon, Mars, Jupiter. Malefics: Mercury, Venus. Neutral: Sun, Saturn. Maraka: Mercury, Saturn, Sun. Badhakasthana: Taurus (11th) Badhakapati: Venus. Yog karaka: Mars, Jupiter. Exalted: Jupiter 5˚. Debilitated: Mars 28˚. Mooltrikona: Ideal match signs: Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces. Moon’s auspicious degree: 8˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 22˚, 25˚. Lucky perfume: Onycha. Lucky numbers: 4, 6, 8, 1. Lucky days: Sunday, Friday… for enjoyment; Monday, Tuesday, Thursday… for success; Wednesday… journeys and investment. Lucky gem: Pearl in silver in 4th finger. Lucky colours: White, cream, red, yellow, (avoid blue). Day of fast: Monday. Controls or governs: Blood, emotions, deep feelings of attachment. Characteristics of Cancer: Watery Movable, chara rasi Fruitful Prishtodaya North Watery Female (feminine) Negative Aquatic (crawling) Nocturnal Medium ascension Dakshinayana Phlegmatic Saawan (15 July – 15 August) Blind-at noon Lunar sector a benefic (soumya), even, night sign. Dhatu (metals, minerals, clay) Brahman (priestly class) Acute, moksha, emotional, sensitive and unstable sign. Last portion known as “riksha sandhi”. Appearance & looks: Middle sized stature, full face, fleshy neck, white complexion, nose snubbed a bit, long arms, long face, wide chest, broad waist, walks briskly not in a straight line, frail constitution.
-9Positive traits: Domestic, emotional, sensitive, self-reliant, nervous, intelligent, very frugal, industrious, intuitional mind, perceptive, imaginative, talkative, attached to family, hospitable, honest, loves justice and fair play, fond of and dexterous in music decisiveness, adaptable psychic nature, easily impressed by feelings and thoughts of others and surrounding conditions, fertile imagination, psychic and mediumistic faculty. Negative traits: Shy, lack of confidence, restless, nervous, hen-pecked, overemotional hypersensitive, gullible, self- pitying, unstable, untidy, unforgiving, stubborn and determined when coerced, low recuperative power, unhappy married life. Cancerian a. Are attached to family but unhappy domestic life. b. Are imaginative and mimic but easily swayed by opinion of others. c. Have habit of pondering over a thing over and over again. d. Become moody and peevish if others neglect or over look them. Parts of the body ruled: Alimentary canal, ribs, sternum, womb, digestive organs. Glands, nerves, arteries: Pancreas, breasts. Possible disease: Heart, gastric disorders, heart burn, indigestion, obesity, ulcers, epilepsy, T.B., blood pressure, phobias, prone to lung diseases, little resistance to diseases, dropsy, flatulence, little vitality or stamina. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Leadership, industry, water transport, navy, docks, crafts, fish, cloth, textile, pearls, music, weapons, explosive, liquids and chemicals, athletics, costars, acrobatics, dancing, acting, sea products, water creative’s, milk, antique dealer, caterer, hotelier, nurse, sailor. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. Dhan yogas for Cancer lagna Venus in 2nd or 12th. Moon in 7 and Jupiter in 11th. Sun Mars in 10th. Moon Venus in 10th. Mercury Venus in 12th – name fame riches in Venus dasa. Mars in lagna gives wealth with hard work. Mercury Venus in 5th. Venus in 4th, Moon in 9th and rest in 3rd, 1st and 11th. Moon in lagna, conjunct with or aspected by Jupiter or Mercury.
Lord Name Padas First Syllable
90˚ (f) 93˚.20’ Jupiter Punarvasu 4 1 hi hu
Constellations male 106˚40’ male 120˚ Saturn Mercury Pushya Ashlesha 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 hay ho daa dee doo day do
- 10 -
Simha Fifth sign of zodiac
Lord: Sun. Symbol: the lion. Benefics: Sun, Mars, Jupiter. Malefics: Venus, Mercury, Sat. Neutral: Moon. Maraka: Moon, Saturn, Merc. Badhakasthana: Aries (9th). Badhakapati: Mars. Yog karaka: Mars, Jupiter. Exalted: Debilitated: Mooltrikona: Sun (0˚-20˚); Kethu. Ideal match signs: Aries, Libra, Sag, Gemini, Aquarius. Moon’s auspicious degree: 19˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 21˚, 24˚. Lucky perfume: Olibanum. Lucky numbers: 1, 4, 5, 9. Lucky days: Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Lucky gem: Ruby, emerald in gold in 3rd finger, rt.hand. Lucky colours: Red, orange, green, avoid blue black. Day of fast: Monday. Controls or governs: Vitality. Characteristics of Leo: Fiery Immovable, fixed, sthira rasi, Barren Shirshodays East Dry Male (masculine) Positive Quadruped Diurnal Long ascension Dakshinayana Bilious. Bhadon (15 August – 15 September) Blind-at mid-night Solar sector a malefic (krura), odd, day, sign. Moola (plants, trees) Kshatriya (warrior class). Bestial, sign, royal sign, voice, musical signs. Appearance & looks: Magnetic in appearance, fully developed bones and broad shoulders, average height, oval face, thoughtful contenance, reddish eyes and complexion, large chin, broad face, frail constitution, commanding appearance, speaks sparingly, fast walk. Positive traits: Dynamic, dominating, active, creative, ambitious, courageous, generous, enthusiastic, broad minded, good organizer, warm hearted, cheerful, likes art literature music, sincere, good tempered but sensitive, firm minded, voracious
- 11 readers, forgiveful, cannot be dictated, frank, truthful, abundant energy, unimpulsive, adaptable, valiant, independent thinker. Negative traits: Egotistic, proud, conceited, vain, bullying, pompous, snobbish, stubborn, intolerant, angry at trifles, arrogant, obstinate, cannot be dictated, speaks, sparingly. Leons a. Mingle with people, high and low and have large – minded tolerance. b. Like to praise others and expect others to praise him. c. Pride of family is great and spurns criticism of their family members. d. Buddha kills when alone; Sun, Merc, Mars sambandh gives wealth. Parts of the body ruled: Heart, upper back, spleen, stomach, portion above navel. Glands, nerves, arteries: Spinal cord, aorta. Possible disease: Problems of heart diseases, coronaries, spine, circulation, intestines, gall bladder, backache, palpitations, fainting, blood disorders, fevers, dizziness, heart problem, dyspepsia, diarrhea, pleurisy, thrombosis, diabetes, digestive trouble, angina, eye trouble, spinal meningitis. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Fame in art, in govt., and in diplomacy, administration, military and political service, executive jobs, technical and scientific services, research, hotels, coal, gold, gems, stones, marble, cattle, grains, agriculture, forests, animal husbandry, hills, geology, jeweller, teacher, professional sports men/women, actor/actresses. Dhan yogas for Leo lagna 1. Sun in 2nd Jupiter in 10th. 2. Moon Venus or Moon Jupiter in 12th. 3. Moon in 12th and Mars in 6th. 4. Mars Saturn in mutual aspect. 5. Sun Mercury in 11th, lagna or in 2nd if not marred by Saturn’s aspect or eclipsed by Rahu. 6. Moon Saturn in 4th or 10th. 7. Mercury in 2nd, 5th or 11th. 8. Sun Mercury Mars in lagna or in a good house. 9. Mercury Venus in 2nd. 10. Mars Saturn in 12th gives wealth in Saturn dasa. 11. Sun in lagna conjunct with or aspected by Mars and Jupiter. 12. Sun in lagna and Moon, Saturn and Jupiter in 11th.
Lord Name Padas First Syllable
Constellations 120˚ male 133˚.20’ female 146˚40’ male 150˚ Kethu Venus Sun Magha P.phalguni U.phalguni 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 maa mee moo may mow taa tee too tay
- 12 -
Kanya Sixth sign of zodiac
Lord: Mercury. Symbol: the virgin. Benefics: Venus, Mercury. Malefics: Moon, Mars, Jupiter. Neutral: Sun, Saturn, Mercury. Maraka: Mars, Venus, Moon, Jupiter. Badhakasthana: Pisces (7th). Badhakapati: Jupiter. Yog karaka: Mercury, Venus. Exalted: Mercury 15˚ Debilitated: Venus 27˚ Mooltrikona: Mercury (15˚-20˚). Ideal match signs: Taurus, Capricorn, Cancer, Scorpio. Moon’s auspicious degree: 9˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 1˚, 11˚. Lucky perfume: Narcissus. Lucky numbers: 7, 4, 9. Lucky days: Wednesday, Friday, Monday, Thursday. Lucky gem: Emerald, pearl, diamond, yellow sapphire in 4th finger of rt.hand. Lucky colours: Yellow, white, emerald, green. Avoid red, blue, and black. Day of fast: Friday. Controls or governs: Bones, flesh, belly. Characteristics of Virgo: Earthy Common, dual, mutable, dwisswabhava rasi, Barren Shirshodays South Dry Female (feminine) Negative Biped Diurnal Long ascension Dakshinayana Windy Aswina (15 September – 15 October) Blind-at noon Solar sector a benefic (soumya), even, night sign. Jeeva (insects class). Voice, intellectual, medical, human, lewd, psychic and mental sign. Appearance & looks: Fair complexion, very handsome and attractive, drooping, shoulders and arms, shy and languid eyes, broad face, fine eyes, broad chest, regular features, handsome, lazy but youthful appearance, straight pointed nose, massive cheek bones, slender body, not tall, quick walk.
- 13 Positive traits: Intelligent, analytical, meticulous, quick-witted, fond of sex & females modest, precise, discriminating, agreeable persons, loves peace and order, good memory, loves music and fine arts, methodical, cautious, prudent, economical, diplomatic, speaks slowly, kindly and truthful. Negative traits: Fussy, lacks self-confidence, self- conscious, vindictive, selfish, builds castles in air, not practical, nervy, hypercritical, finicky, cynical gets carried away by impulses. Virgons a. Are critical, analytical and dutiful is the keyword of a Virgo. b. Are lovers of details (in expression) to the extent of boredom to others. c. Are meticulous but quick in fault finding in others. d. Are exceptional rajayoga if Saturn Venus Mercury combine. e. Parts of the body ruled: Intestines, abdomen, portion below navel half way to genitals. Glands, nerves, arteries: Lower dorsal nerves. Possible disease: Appendicitis, bowel problems, solar plexus, constipation, masturbation, anus trouble, arthritis, intestinal affections, spleen problems, veneral diseases, indigestion, anorexia, hernia, appendicitis, malnutrition, cholera, colic, diarrhoes, deafness, dysentery, flatulence, digestive disorders. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Intellectual careers involving mental activity, accountants, math’s training, management, C.A. , M.B.A. , author, writer, critic, dentist, doctor, nurse, teacher, statistician, jewellery, actors, singers, arts and industry, readers, scholars, fine arts, gems, gold, clerical, connected with vehicles. Dhan yogas for Virgo lagna 1. Venus Kethu in 2nd. 2. Jupiter in 7th. 3. Dispositor of Mercury in exaltation. 4. Moon Venus in Taurus. 5. Jupiter in Virgo lagna confers yogaphala. 6. Mercury in lagna conjunct with Jupiter and Saturn or aspected by them. 7. Mercury in lagna, Moon, Mars and Jupiter in 11th.
150˚ Lord Name Padas First Syllable
Constellations male 160˚ female 173˚.20’ female 180˚ Sun Moon Mars U.phalguni Hasta Chitra 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 to paa pee poo sha na tha pay po
- 14 -
Tula Seventh sign of zodiac
Lord: Venus. Symbol: the scales. Benefics: Venus, Mars, Merc, Sat. Malefics: Sun, Moon, Jupiter. Neutral: Maraka: Jupiter, Mars Venus. Badhakasthana: Leo (11th). Badhakapati: Sun. Yog karaka: Saturn. Exalted: Saturn 20˚ Debilitated: Sun 10˚ Mooltrikona: Venus (0˚-10˚). Ideal match signs: All signs except. Cancer, Capricorn. Moon’s auspicious degree: 24˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 4˚, 26˚. Lucky perfume: Galbanum. Lucky numbers: 1, 2, 4, 7. Lucky days: Sunday, Monday, Saturday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Lucky gem: Diamond in gold in 3rd finger, blue sapphire, white topaz, Moon stone. Lucky colours: Orange, white red, green and yellow be avoided. Day of fast: Tuesday. Controls or governs: Breath. Characteristics of Libra: Airy Movable, chara rasi, Barren Shirhodaya West Watery Male (masculines) Positive Biped Diurnal Long ascension Dakshinayana Bile, wind, phlegm Kartika (15 Oct – 15 November) Deaf in the forenoon Solar sector a malefic (krura), odd, day, sign. Dhatu (metals minerals clay) Shudra (serving class) Acute, musical, sign of justice and balance, rhythmic, voice, intellectual sign Appearance & looks: Tall, lean but well-proportioned body with long & slender limbs, nose prominent, handsome appearance, very active, fond of walking, fine eyes, broad face and chest, regular features, gets set backs in health due to minor causes but recovers easily, over indulges in sex, curly hair, lean and thin body, fair complexion.
- 15 Positive traits: Charming, easy going, romantic, idealist, clean, peace makers, refined, diplomatic, far-sighted, quick-witted, positive, intelligent, acts impartially as an arbitrator person, adaptability, artistic inspirational & sensual temperament, persuasive, peace-makers, level headed, weighs pros and cons properly before taking decision, unassuming, humanitarian, unmoved mean motives, sharp reasoning. Negative traits: Indecisive, resentful, flirtations, changeable, easily influenced, highly susceptible to flattery, vindictive, habit of building castles in air, more idealistics than realistics, avoids hot discussions and controversies, slow worker, over indulges in sex, not easily amenable to reasoning, they force their views upon others. Librians a. Libra-thy name is justice, harmony and sympathy. b. Are susceptible to diseases so take prophylactic measures. c. Are a ‘peace-maker’ who weighs the truth and merit dispassionately. d. Have strong conjugal affections and preserves traditions. Parts of the body ruled: Kidneys, lumber region, rhythmic, voice, intellectual sign. Glands, nerves, arteries: Adrenal glands, lumber nerves, blood vessels. Possible disease: Bright’s disease, lumbago, nephritis, renal calculi, skin diseases, eczema, kidney and bladder disorders, diabetes, abscesses, renal calculi, skin diseases, syphilis, impotency, sterilisation, suppression of urine, eczema. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Lawyer, litigation, judge, beautician, fine arts, gems, jewellery, gold, silver, space, aeronautics, cattle, grains, fruits, vegetables, advisory, liaison work, teachers, justices and court of law, cinema actors and directors, sophisticated arts, transport, textiles, rubber, plastics, physicians. Dhan yogas for Libra lagna 1. Powerful Mars makes one rich through marriage, trade and partnership. 2. Venus Kethu in 2nd. 3. Jupiter in 10th and Sat in 4th gives property. 4. Mercury in 6th gives millions but keeps native sickly. 5. Mercury Saturn Venus in lagna. 6. Mercury Venus Sun in lagna. 7. Moon Mars in 7th. 8. Jupiter in 8th gives wealth in its dasa. 9. Saturn, Venus in lagna is a dhana yoga, but Venus dasa proves maraka. 10. Venus in 1st conjunct or aspected by Mercury and Saturn. Constellations 180˚ female 186˚.40’ male 200˚ male 210˚ Mars Rahu Jupiter Chita Swati Vishakha 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 raa ree roo ray ro tha tee too tay
Lord Name Padas First Syllable
- 16 -
Vrishchika Eighth sign of zodiac
Lord: Mars. Symbol: the Scorpion, the crab. Benefics: Sun, Moon, Jupiter. Malefics: Mercury, Venus. Neutral: Mars, Saturn. Maraka: Mercury, Venus. Badhakasthana: Cancer. Badhakapati: Moon. Yog karaka: Sun, Moon. Exalted: Kethu. Debilitated: Moon 3˚; Rahu Mooltrikona: Ideal match signs: Scorpio, Pisces, Cancer, Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn. Moon’s auspicious degree: 11˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 14˚, 23˚. Lucky perfume: Saimeze benzoin. Lucky numbers: 3, 9, 4. Lucky days: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Thursday. Lucky gem: Yellow sapphire or dark red coral in gold or copper respectively in 4th finger, agate, garnet. Lucky colours: Yellow, red, orange, cream. Avoid blue, green, pure white. Day of fast: Tuesday. Controls or governs: Blood. Characteristics of Scorpio: Watery Immovable, fixed, sthira rasi, Fruitful Shirhodaya North Watery Female (feminine) Negative Insect (keet) Diurnal Long ascension Dakshinayana Phlegmatic Maggar (15 Nov – 15 December) Deaf in the forenoon a benefic (soumya), even, night sign. Solar sector Moola (plants, trees) Brahmin (priestly class) Violent sign, moksha sign, secretive, material sign, mysterious, medicine. Medical knowledge, occult, searching emotional, sensitive and unstable sign. Last portion known as “riksha sandhi”
- 17 Appearance & looks: Tall figure, handsome appearance, broad eyes, broad forehead, forceful personality, well- developed bones, round thighs, round knees and calves, broad chest, suffers, disease in childhood, fearless eyes, round belly, short thick curly hairs. Positive traits: Materialistic, emotional, powerful feelings, committed, loyal, imaginative, discerning, determined, intelligent, good writer and conversationalist, generous, sensual, loves excitement, appreciates luxury, loves fine arts and dancing occupies good position in service, intense and dynamic in romance, generous disposition. Negative traits: Jealous, resentful, obstinate, unforgiving, secretive, suspicious, vindictive, inflexible, fickle-minded, cruelly inclined, frugal, wishes his subordinates to be as hard working as he is, over-critical, sarcastic, sermonizes upon controlling sensual pleasures but him self inclined to sensual things. Scorpions Intensive, penetrating and secretive are Scorpions. Calm and quiet men but lose temper when aroused. Do not relish to be bossed but love to boss over. Do not easily make friends but once made, become very intimate in a short period. e. Have independent opinions but won’t clash with those having opposite ones.
a. b. c. d.
Parts of the body ruled: Bladder, sex organs, coccyx, cervix, and anus. Glands, nerves, arteries: Genito-urinary system, prostate gland. Possible disease: Fistula, piles, ulcers, hydrocele, rectal affections, gravel and stone in bladder, cystitis, prostitis, prostate trouble, veneral diseases, genitorurinary diseases, alcoholism, back ache, blood – poisoning, heart, retention of urine, rupture, scurry, syphilis, gonorrhea, throat troubles, mensural problems. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Great fame in art, govt. and diplomacy, defence (army) service, docks, stores, courts and lawyers, medicine, chemist, surgeon, soldier, research scientists, occult, inventive, cereal trade, iron and steel, industrial enterprises, related with womenfolk, physicians. Dhan yogas for Scorpio lagna 1. Lords of 2nd and 7th in 2nd. 2. Jupiter, Mercury conjoin or in mutual aspect. 3. Jupiter in 2nd aspected by Mars in 11th. 4. Sun Moon in Virgo, better if aspected by Jupiter, or conjunct Mercury. 5. Mars in 1st conjunct with or aspected by Mercury, Venus and Saturn. 6. Mars in 1st and Venus in 11th. 7. Rahu in 2nd. Constellations 210˚ m 213˚.20’ female 226˚.40’ male 240˚ Lord Jupiter Saturn Mercury Name Vishakha Anuradha Jyesha Padas 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 First to naa nee noo nay no ya yee Syllable
- 18 -
Dhanuh Ninth sign of zodiac
Lord: Jupiter. Symbol: the archer. Benefics: Sun, Mars. Malefics: Merc, Venus, Sat. Neutral: Jupiter, Moon. Maraka: Venus, Saturn. Badhakasthana: Gemini (7th). Badhakapati: Mercury. Yog karaka: Mercury, Jupiter, Sun, Mars. Exalted: Debilitated: Mooltrikona: - Jupiter (0˚-10˚). Ideal match signs: Sag., Gemini, Leo, Aries, Libra, Aquarius. Moon’s auspicious degree: 23˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 13˚, 18˚. Lucky perfume: Lign – aloes. Lucky numbers: 6, 3, 9, 8, 1, 4. Lucky days: Wednesday, Friday, Thursday, Sunday. Lucky gem: Topaz in gold in 1st finger in rt.hand. Lucky colours: White, cream, green, orange, light blue, emerald. Avoid red, black, and pearl. Day of fast: Thursday. Controls or governs: Vitality. Characteristics of Sagittarius: Fiery Common, dual, double-bodies, dwisswabhava. Semi-fruitful Prishtodaya East Dry Male (masculines) Positive 1st half biped later half quadruped Nocturnal Medium ascension Dakshinayana Bilious Poh (15 Dec – 15 Jan) Deaf in afternoon Solar sector a malefic (krura), odd, day sign Jeeva (insects to human beings) Kshatriya (the warrior class) Upaya rasi, bestial, mysterious, 1st 1/2 voice, philosophical sign. Appearance & looks: Large head and large neck, short statured, long face and neck, well developed figure, light brown hair, fat thighs and belly fleshy, round
- 19 limbs, prominent nose and ears, bent shoulders, fleshy arms, almond eyes, lower teeth and lower lip big, bad nails, good looking, happy smile, inclined towards corpulence. Positive traits: Humane, hasty, dynamic, jovial, sincere, optimistic, versatile, open-minded, philosophical, frank, visionary, impulsive, active, enterprising, religious, sacrificing nature, god-fearing, honest, humble, sympathetic, energetic, prompt can’t be brought round by force but can be prevailed upon by persuasion, orthodox, good speech, hates, external show & hypocrisy. Negative traits: Over-anxious, restless, indecisive, callous, tactless, careless, boastful, irresponsible, apt to exaggerate, habit of sermonizing on morals, conventional and business like. Sagittarians a. Are extensive, expansive and philosophical. b. Are optimists, both gay and bright who loves independence and disdains restraint. c. Will speak out what he feels right without considering how others will relish his words. d. ‘Gains without pains’ if lords of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 6th and 11th are posited in P.shadha constellation. Parts of the body ruled: Hips, thighs, pelvis, sacrum, liver. Glands, nerves, arteries: Sciatica nerve, arterial system. Possible disease: Lungs, nerves, pelvis, gout, paralysis, sudden fits, injuries, and diseases of hips and thighs, falls, obesity, baldness, nervous breakdown, rheumatism, sciatica, typhoid, varicose veins, wounds, liver disorders. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Councilors, advisors, ministers, priests, teachers, lawyers, physicians, civil engineers, army commanders, cavaliers, animal husbandry, vets, weaponry, medicine, cattle, executive authority, accountancy, astrology, professor, lecturer, librarian, philosopher, publisher, writer, professional sports man/woman, explorer. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. Dhan yogas for Sagittarius lagna Sun Mercury in 5th or 9th. Saturn in 10th or 11th. Sun, Venus in an auspicious house. Saturn, Venus in 11th. Jupiter in lagna conjunct with or aspected by Mercury and Mars. Jupiter in lagna and Mercury in 11th. Constellations 240˚ eunuch (m) 253˚.20’ male 266˚. 40’ m 270˚ Kethu Venus Sun Moola Poorvashadha U.sh. 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 yay yo bhaa bhee bhoo dhoo pho tha bhay
Lord Name Padas First Syllable
- 20 -
Makra Tenth sign of zodiac
Lord: Saturn. Symbol: the goat. Benefics: Mercury, Venus, Saturn. Malefics: Moon, Mars, Jupiter. Neutral: Sun. Maraka: Mars, Jupiter, Badhakasthana: Scorpio (11th). Badhakapati: Mars. Yog karaka: Venus. Exalted: Mars 28˚. Debilitated: Jupiter 5˚. Mooltrikona: Ideal match signs: Scorpio, Cancer, Pisces. Moon’s auspicious degree: 14˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 20˚, 25˚. Lucky perfume: Musk. Lucky numbers: 6, 9, 8. Lucky days: Sunday, Friday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday for investments. Lucky gem: Blue sapphire in gold in 2nd finger rt.hand. Lucky colours: White, black, red, blue, avoid yellow, cream. Day of fast: Saturday. Controls or governs: Bones flesh. Characteristics of Capricorn: Earthy Movable, chara rasi, Semi- fruitful Prishtodaya South Watery Female (feminine) Negative 1st 1/2 quadruped-later 1/2 aquatic. Nocturnal Medium ascension Uttarayana Windy Magha (15 Jan – 15 Feb) Deaf in the afternoon Solar sector a benefic (soumya), even, night, sign. Dhatu (metals minerals day) Vaishaya (trading class) Acute sign, lame sign. Sign of sacrifice. Appearance & looks: Tall, lean, stiff all over body, big head, big neck, prominent nose and ears, thin face, bent shoulders, not fleshy, large teeth and lower lip, thin body, reddish brown colour, thin waist, dark coarse hair, thick & long hands & legs, weak lower limbs. Positive traits: Most practical, stoical to miseries of life, strong-willed, ambitious, determined, reliable, careful, prudent, disciplined, patient, persevering, hard working, far-sighted, accepts advice tendered, good stamina, talkative, chatterbox,
- 21 cautious, sympathetic, generous, have vitality, knack of adjusting to circumstances, presses sympathy generosity and philanthropy. Negative traits: Allergic to cold, vindictive, cunning, cruel, indolent, devoid of shame, religious hypocrite, impudent, rigid, harsh, ruthless, pessimists, overexacting, over-conventional, miserly, licentious, wants lot of show, lazy nature, religious hypocrite, suffers from wind diseases. Capricorns a. Have prodigious memory and take interest in versatile subjects. b. Are coward in social matters and always worried about fear of being ridiculed. c. The keywords of Capricorn are rational, prudent and determined. d. Sun for Capricorn lagna may not kill but gives troubles and inflicts evils. e. Parts of the body ruled: Bones, knees, joints. Glands, nerves, arteries: Skin. Possible disease: Leprosy, leucoderma, toothache, arthritis, rheumatism, knee injuries, bone diseases, eczema, depression, acidity, sciatica, herpes, sinovitis. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Powerful people who wield much authority and notoriety, chemicals, watery-goods, marine products, harbours, cots, gardening equipment, planning, administration, architect, builder, civil servants, dentist, engineer, farmer, scientist, survey or banks, cottage industry, public works, responsible executive jobs, deep-meditation. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. Dhan yogas for Capricorn lagna Rahu, Venus, Mars, Saturn in 9th. Moon, Mercury, Venus, combine in a good house. Moon in Aries aspected by Jupiter. Moon, Jupiter in 4th, 5th, 9th or 11th. Moon, Mars in a good house, or Mars only in 11th. Jupiter in lagna and Venus, Saturn in 10th. Moon, Mercury, Sun in lagna and Venus, Mars in 12th. Moon, Mercury in 9th and Jupiter in 3rd. Saturn in 1st and Moon, Sun in 11th. Sun (8th lord) conjoins Mercury (lord of 6th). Saturn in 1st conjunct or aspected by Mars or Jupiter. Constellations 270˚ male 280˚ female 293˚.20’ female 300˚ Sun Moon Mars Uttarshadha Shravana Dhanistha 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 bha jaa jee khee khoo khay kho goo gee
Lord Name Padas First Syllable
- 22 -
Kumbha Eleventh sign of zodiac
Lord: Saturn. Symbol: the water-bearer. Benefics: Sun, Venus, Saturn. Malefics: Moon, Jupiter, Mars. Neutral: Mercury. Maraka: Jupiter, Sun, Mars. Badhakasthana: Libra (9th). Badhakapati: Venus. Yog karaka: Venus. Exalted: Debilitated: Mooltrikona: Saturn (0˚-20˚); Ideal match signs: Gemini, Libra. Moon’s auspicious degree: 19˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 5˚, 21˚. Lucky perfume: Galbanum. Lucky numbers: 3, 9, 2, 7, 6. Lucky days: Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday, Tuesday. Lucky gem: Blue sapphire in gold in 2nd finger of rt.hand. Lucky colours: Yellow, red, white, cream. (Avoid green, blue, and orange). Day of fast: Saturday. Controls or governs: Breath. Characteristics of Aquarius: Airy Immovable, fixed, sthira rasi, Semi-fruitful Shirhodaya West Watery Male (masculine) Positive Biped Diurnal Short ascension Uttarayana Bile, wind, phlegm Phalguna (15 Feb – 15th March) Strong by day Lunar sector a malefic (krura), odd, day, sign Moola (plants, trees) Shudre (serving class) Musical, voice, mystic, intellectual, sign of calculated thinking and humanitarian, philosophical and intuitive sign, enigmatic mysterious, occult musical sign, intellectual sign. Appearance & looks: Handsome countenance, attractive appearance, elegant disposition, fleshy lips, broad cheeks, prominent temples and buttocks, large body like a pitcher, large features, fair looking, dark hair.
- 23 Positive traits: Humanitarian, independent, friendly, willing, progressive, original, inventive, loyal, idealist, rational, generous, fortune waxes and wanes, capable of hand labour and trying journeys, good conversationalist, devoted to life partner, make friends very soon, prone to be misunderstood owing to humanitarian doctrine, covetous, perseverance, sensual, wherever goes leaves an indelible impression. Negative traits: Unpredictable eccentric, peevish when provoked, continued struggle, limited means, rebellious, stubborn, and tactless. Aquarians a. Are independent, detached and of unconventional thinking. b. Give a helping hand to all but bow their heads to no command. c. Keep their home clean and well furnished and are fond of entertaining friends. d. Should avoid solitude, worries, gloom and pessimism for a good life. e. Parts of the body ruled: Ankles, calves, shines. Glands, nerves, arteries: Circulatory system. Possible disease: Achilles tendons, breath, eye sight, blood, back bone; injuries to lower legs, varicose veins, poor circulation, blood disorders, nervous disorders, spasmodic eruptions, anemia, cramps, dropsy, swollen ankles, flatulence. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Intellectual mental activity, fire service, defence weaponry, archaeologist, astrologer, astronomer, broad caster, computer programmer, electrical engineer, inventor, pilot, radiographer, scientist, sociologist, writer, physical work, local bodies, furnaces, thieving. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Dhan yogas for Aquarius lagna Moon, Saturn in 10th. Saturn in 1st Mars in 6th. Jupiter in 2nd Venus in 11th. Saturn in 10th. Mercury, Jupiter in a good bhava. Saturn with Rahu or Kethu in 2nd. Mars, Mercury in 5th. Sun Venus in a good house. Jupiter aspects 2nd and Saturn aspects lagna. Jupiter’s dasa is often better than Saturn’s for amassing wealth. Constellations 300˚ female 306˚.40’ eunuch (f) 320˚ male 330˚ Mars Rahu Jupiter Dhanishtha Satabhisha P.bhadra 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 gaa gay go saa see soo say so daa
Lord Name Padas First Syllable
- 24 -
Meena Twelfth sign of zodiac
Lord: Jupiter. Symbol: the two fishes. Benefics: Moon, Mars. Malefics: Sun, Venus, Merc, Saturn. Neutral: Jupiter. Maraka: Saturn, Mercury, Venus. Badhakasthana: Virgo (7th). Badhakapati: Mercury. Yog karaka: Mars, Moon. Exalted: Venus 27˚ Debilitated: Mercury 15˚ Mooltrikona: Ideal match signs: Virgo, Cancer. Moon’s auspicious degree: 9˚. Moon’s inauspicious degrees: 10˚, 12˚. Lucky perfume: Ambergris. Lucky numbers: 1, 4, 3, 9. Lucky days: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday. Lucky gem: Topaz or pushrod in gold in 1st finger, zircon white sapphire, gomedha. Lucky colours: Red, yellow, rose, orange. Avoid blue. Day of fast: Thursday. Controls or governs: Blood. Characteristics of Pisces: Watery Common, dual, mutable; double-bodied, dwisswabhava Fruitful Ubhodaya (both) North Watery Female (feminine) Negative Aquatic Diurnal Short ascension Uttarayana Phlegmatic Vaisakha (15 March – 15 April) Strong by night a benefic (soumya), enen, night sign. Lunar sector Moola (plants, trees) Brahmin (priestly class) Moksha, hidden, intuitive, emotional, intellectual, psychic, philosophical, sensitive and unstable sign. Last portion known as “riksha sandhi” Appearance & looks: Fair, stout, middle-sized height, lustrous face, fine body, large head, prominent nose, proportionate limbs, beautiful eyes, full and plumpy figure, round shoulders, broad belly, silky and light hair.
- 25 Positive traits: Compassion, religious, god-fearing, superstitious, religious, stoical, orthodox, reserved, learned, grateful, artistic, kind, sympathetic, intuitive, adaptable, receptive, easily impressed by feelings and thoughts of others and surrounding conditions, satisfied with wife and fortunes, inclined to change and travel, emotional and psychic nature. Negative traits: Superstitious, indecisive, easily led astray, weak-willed, greedy, immoral, lacks self-confidence, timid, stubborn, frugal in spending, nervous, confused, vague, rigidity in observance of orthodoxy principles, ambitious to exercise authority over others. Piscens Are liable for various illnesses but recovers speedily. Are fond of drinking water frequently and in large quantities. Pray, serve and feed the poor. Poor Pisces! Pisces lagna people shine in Mars and Kethu dasas.
a. b. c. d.
Parts of the body ruled: Feet and toes. Glands, nerves, arteries: Lymphatic system, pituitary gland. Possible disease: Bunions, glandular disorders, mucus, gastro-abdominal system, toes, lungs, digestive organs; colds, consumption, T.B., tumours, mucous troubles, boils, gout, chilblains, alcoholism, drug addiction, dropsy, forgetfulness, insanity. Profession & trades (Career suggestions): Weapons, water supply works, shipping, boats, navy, international trade, exports-import, sex-articles, fortunes, through wife, actor/actress, artist, hospital worker, photography, priest, prison worker, sailor, vets, writer, spiritual healer, hospitals, nursing homes, success in liquids, esp. in intoxicants of any kind, catering refreshments and snack bars etc. Dhan yogas for Pisces lagna st 1. Jupiter, Mars in 1 , 2nd, 5th, 9th or 10th. 2. Mars in 11th. 3. Nodes alone in angles or trines. 4. Exchange of lords of 8th & 11th. 5. Moon in 2nd and Mars in 5th or Moon Mars both in 5th. 6. Moon, Mercury, Mars in 11th. 7. Mars, Jupiter in angles. 8. Moon, Mars, Jupiter in angles or konas. 9. Mercury in 4, 7, 9 or 10th. 10. Moon conjuncts either Mercury or Jupiter in a good house. 11. Sun Saturn or Jupiter Saturn in an angles to each other. 12. Saturn in 1st conjunct with or aspected by Mars or Jupiter. 13. Jupiter in 1st and Mercury in 11th. Constellations 330˚ m 333˚.20’ female 346˚.40’ female 360˚ Lord Jupiter Saturn Mercury Name P.Bh Uttarabhadra Revati Padas 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 First dee doo tha jha na day do chaa chee Syllable
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.