This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
"Restoring the Balance-in Our Lives, Our Communities, Our World"
Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges 21st Annual Statewide Conference
Wyndham Hotel - San Jose, California March 14 &15, 2008
We are seeking presentation proposals from individuals who can inspire and uplift our communities. We are particularly seeking presenters who seek to restore the balances in our lives and our world through a collective spirit as expressed and experienced in education and our diverse personal and professional fields. We welcome your presentation proposals.
• Proposals are due by December
• Workshops will be scheduled for 1 hour blocks. • Proposal status will be directed to the designated contact person for sessions involving more than one presenter. This individual is responsible for relaying any pertinent information to copresenters. • Please indicate if you have a specific time preference for your presentation. Requests will be accommodated whenever possible. • Presenters are responsible for providing handouts for up to 50 participants per session. • Presenters who wish to participate in the conference should also submit appropriate registration materials. • Neither honoraria nor expenses will be paid to program presenters. • All selected presenters will be notified by January • Tentative session schedule: Friday I -- 10:10 am - 11:10 am Ill -- 2:10 pm - 3:10 pm Saturday V -- 9:00 am - 10:00 am
II -- 11:15 am -12:15 pm IV -- 3:15 pm - 4:15 pm VI -- 10:05 am -11:05 am
• Presenter questions should be directed to:
Elizabeth M. Nava Evergreen Valley College 408-274-7900 x6630 email@example.com
• For conference information, contact:
Josie Gutierrez, Conference Chair
Evergreen Valley College 408-274-7900 x2011 firstname.lastname@example.org
-- DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING PROPOSALS - Thursday, DECEMBER 20, 2007 -1
Call for P resentation F orm C
Latina Leadership Network of the California Community Colleges
21st Annual Statewide Conference Wyndham Hotel March 14 & 15, 2008 – San Jose, California
Part 1 - Presenter Information
For sessions involving more than one presenter, the designated contact person is responsible for coordinating with other co-presenters. Selected presenters will be notified by January 20, 2007.
Name: __________________________________________ Phone (Office): _(____)_________________ Position/Title: _____________________________________ Phone (Home): _(____)_________________ College/Organization: _____________________________________
Number and Street City
State Zip Code
Mailing Address: ________________________________________________________________________ E-mail: ________________________________________________________________________________ Co-Presenters If you are planning a panel or joint presentation, print names of all presenters in the order they should appear in the printed program: Name Title College/Organization 1. __________________________________________________________________________
Include a short biography so that you may be introduced at your workshop.
Part 2 - Workshop Information • Workshop Title ____________________________________________________________
• Workshop Description: On a separate sheet, please summarize the highlights of your
presentation in 100 words or less. •
Which session do you prefer:
!V ! No !V
Are you willing to present your workshop more than once? ! Yes Select Additional session: • Target Audience: !I ! II ! III ! IV
! Administrator ! Classified ! Faculty ! Panel
! Student ! Interactive
• Type of Presentation: ! Lecture
Part 3- Audio Visual Needs
What are your audio-visual needs? ! TV/DVD VCR Combo ! Extension Cord ! DVD ! Other (please specify) ! Power Strip ! Microphone ! Internet ! Computer Interface cables ! Overhead Projector ! Smart Classroom ! Computer/PC ! Screen
Part 4 - Special Accommodations
If you require special accommodations for your workshop, please give details:
We welcome your Call for Presentation proposal!
Please submit your proposal by 2:00 pm December 20, 2007 to:
" Elizabeth M. Nava
History Department Evergreen Valley College 3095 Yerba Buena Road San Jose, CA 95135-1598 " Phone: 408.274.7900 x6630 " Fax: 408.295.3933 " E-mail: Elizabeth.email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please keep a copy for your records.