This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Scope of Work : To ensure that all Departments under his supervision are successful and as independent profit center as possible, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction consistent with our hotel standards, through planning, organizing, directing and controlling all aspects related to the revenues and operating expenses. Report To : Directorof Rooms Responsible For : Assistant Front Office Manager, Concierge, Reservation Supervisor, Reception Supervisor,Assistant Manager, Telephone Supervisor, Business Center Supervisor,Kiosk Supervisor. Main Duties : Financial Responsibilities : 1. Is able to effectively interpret financial result in regards to revenues, payroll,costs and expenses. 2. To assist in the preparation of the Annual Operation
Budget which will form part of the Business Plan. 3. To establish and monitor cost and expense control systems and procedures toachieve budgeted operating results. 4. Is able to take corrective measures and actions to ensure highest possible profitability. 5. Maximizes revenues through pro-active action rather than re-active. Operational Responsibilities : Guest Service 1. Personally and frequently verifies that guests in his operation are receiving the best possible service available. 2. Schedules himself to be on the front during peak operation hours, checking on standards of services, and cleanliness, is greeting and assist in the check in of guests and escorts VIP guest to the room. 3. To be demanding and critical to service standards as well as hygiene standards. 4. To constantly strive to please all guest that he may come into contact with. 5. Is responsible that employees project professionalism and are well trained and provide friendly and efficient service. 6. Ensure a speedy telephone and message service at all times. 7. Maintains an atmosphere of tranquillity at the Front Desk, never giving the impression that there is a
problem. Product : 1. Verifies constantly that the physical product in all aspects is consistent with the hotel standards. 2. Periodically inspects rooms to ensure cleanliness and well maintained rooms. Patrols assigned areas frequently to ensure cleanliness and well maintained areas. 3. Ensures that policies and procedures in regards to staff appearance, hygiene and sanitation are enforced.
General 1. Ensure that corporate, divisional and departmental policies and procedures are adhered to at all levels. 2. Liaise closely with other Departments and emphasizes on excellent inter-departmental relations considering other departmental procedures and policies. 3. Delegate authority and responsibilities to direct subordinates without relinquish ultimate responsibility for the operation. Marketing Responsibilities: 1. To assist in the preparation of the annual, Business Plan for the entire Department. 2. Fully understands the market needs of house guest and local market, assisting in the development of
product lines and services accordingly. 3. Is constantly aware of new market trends and activities of competitors, ensures that his operation is always one step ahead of the competition. 4. Entertains regular and potential clients and maintains excellent guest relations. Personnel And Training Responsibilities : 1. Is an excellent people manager, showing respect for local customs and culture. 2. To build an effective management team through taking an active interest in the development of subordinates through training and involvement in decision making. 3. Gives his subordinates frequent feedback on their performance and status of development. Conducts annual appraisals conducted in his Department. 4. Exercise self-control, patience and is known for his fairness at all times. 5. Maintains an “Open Door” policy. 6. Projecta positive and motivated attitude among his peers and employees at all times. 7. Ensures that all personnel and training related policies. 8. Ensures that all areas of responsibility are properly staffed, supervised and operating smoothly. 9. Is totally committed to training and shows concern about the training his employees receive, an visit
training sessions frequently. 10. Assist the departmental trainer in their development and monitors their effectiveness in staff training. 11. To ensure that all employees are fully conversant with the hotel’s facilities and services. To ensure that all employees schedule are properly established and maintained. Administrative Responsibilities : 1. To maintain all hotel records and forms as prescribed by established policies and procedures. 2. To control the preparation of room occupancy forecast on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. 3. Is able to meet given or agreed deadlines. 4. To attend all briefings and meetings as requested and necessary. 5. Is able to plan long term but at the same time is able to react to sudden chances instantly. 6. Plans pro-active rather the re-active. 7. To ensure that guest history record is up-to-date at all times. 8. Conducts briefings and meetings as per established policies. 9. Is comfortable in the use of computer systems. 10. To advise management and sales of the update reservation status for reference in business solicitation. 11.
To ensure that report is ready for Sales Office within ten days of the current month. 12. To understand and comply with local regulations and legislation. 13. To assume the function of Duty Manager representing management in accordance with the Duty Manager Roster and Duty Manager job description. To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned to. More Sharing ServicesShare | Share on facebookShare on myspaceShare on googleShare on twitter
Reply Quote Subscribe TOP Rooms Send PM Add buddy By Rooms on 6-1-2009 18:48 last edited Rooms Offline Position : Assistant FrontOffice Manager Scope of Work : To assist the FrontOffice Manager to manage the Front Office Department Green Belt efficiently and to the standard expected of the hotel. Thread 707 Report To : 2# Posted: 5-31-2009 22:52 | All replies by this member
Digest 3 Credits 1122 Prestige 564 Purview 30 Joined 9-1-2008
Front Office Manager Responsible For : All Front Office Staff Main Duties : 1. To implement and continue the company’s policies procedures as detailed in the Front Office manual, and the standards expected are attained for all Departments within the Front Office. 2. To ensure sufficient coverage in all sections at all times. 3. To ensure that this Department operates efficiently, and that every guest receives the welcome expected at the hotel, as detailed in the Front Office manual. 4. To be full conversant with all aspects of the maximal computer. 5. To check monthly Attendance Records and discuss any discrepancies with the Front Office Manager. 6. To assist the Front Office Manager, and action all reasonable requests make by the Front Office Manager. 7. To be a deputy of the Front Office Manager in his absence, and ensure that the Front Office Department operates efficiently. 8. To assist the departmental trainers in their development and monitor their effectiveness in staff training. 9. To attend meetings in absence of Front Office Manager.
10. To chair the F.O meeting & Briefing in absence of the Front Office Manager. 11. To carry out any reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned to by the management. Reply Quote TOP
Rooms Send PM Add buddy Rooms Offline
3# Posted: 5-31-2009 22:53 | All replies by this member By Rooms on 6-1-2009 18:53 last edited Position : Secretary to Front Office Manager Scope of Work : Perform all duties of a secretarial nature, including taking dictation, transcription, typing,setting up appointments, receiving and screening calls, preparing correspondence and memoranda and maintaining files of all Front Office correspondence and statistical date, control of the purchasing requirements for
Thread 707 Digest
Front Office. Report To : Front Office Manager
3 Credits 1122 Main Duties : Prestige Responsible For : Nil
1. Type reports, letters memoranda, minutes, forms and correspondence including those of Purview confidential nature for the Front Office Manager and maintain files for the same. 2. 30 Maintain files daily revenue report, night clerks report and all statistical data pertaining to Joined the Front Office. 3. 9-1-2008 Post all important memoranda on the bulletin board for the information of all Front Office personnel, notify the Front Office Personnel of periodical meetings. 4. Maintain an updated file on all Front Office employees. 5. Answer all guest correspondence pertaining to complaints/comments within 24 hours of received. 6. Take down and transcribe dictation and minutes of the Front Office meetings. 7. Answer and make telephone calls and arrange appointment for the Front Office Manager and remind him of the same. 8. Maintain adequate stocks of office supplies and initiate requisition for approval by the Front Office Manager. 564 Reply Quote TOP 4# Posted: 5-31-2009 22:54 | All replies by this member By Rooms on 6-1-2009 19:00 last edited Position : Assistant Manager Scope of Work : To be the representativeof the management team and provide a means of
Rooms Send PM Add buddy Rooms Offline
communication between management, guests and employees by supervising and assistingin the smooth and efficient running of the hotel.
Green Belt Report To : Thread 707 Digest 3 Main Duties : Credits 1. To handle any complaint with tact and diplomacy at all times. Prestige 2. To report all guest complaints, compliments and suggestions to management. 564 3. To inspect pre-assigned accommodations for VIP guests, ensuring that all room set-ups and Purview amenities are prepared according to standard. 4. 30 To have a sound working knowledge of the hotel’s daily functions-Luncheons,Dinner, Joined Cocktail Parties & Meetings, etc.. 5. 9-1-2008 Take responsible for the utilization of the grand master and emergency keys while onduty. 6. To investigate all guest and employees accidents and report the circumstances to management. 7. To patrol in the hotel to ensure everything is in good order and condition. 8. To observe & enforce the overall conduct and appearance of the employees. 9. To inform the Food & Beverage Office of any Food & Beverage Outlets requiring assistance. 10. To co-ordinate with Security in investigation guest’s lost property. 11. To keep the Logbook up to date reporting any irregularities and discrepancies. 12. To be fully aware of the hotel’s emergency procedures with regard to safety of guests and staff. 13. To arrange alternative accommodation for the turn away clients as when hotel is fully 1122 Responsible For : Guest Relation Officers Front Office Manager
booked. 14. To pay courtesy calls regularly to hotel long-staying guests and VIPs. 15. To act as a media between guests and hotel management. 16. To take turns to be Night Manager. 17. To assist in the Front Desk operation whenever it is necessary and required. 18. To attend all briefings and meetings as requested and necessary. 19. To be fully conversant in the maximal computer system. 20. To ensure the front as well as the back of the house are clean and tidy. 21. To ensure that all operative Departments render services with maximum efficiency and courtesy to guests especially after their respective Department Heads gooff duty. 22. To check Room Discrepancy Report and make the correct decision. 23. To be the eyes and ears of the management. To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by Front Office Manager of management above. Reply Quote TOP
Rooms 5# Send PM Add buddy Posted: 5-31-2009 22:54 | All replies by this member By Rooms on 6-1-2009 19:04 last edited Department : Front Office
Rooms Offline Position : Night Manager
Scope of Work : To co-ordinate all department of the hotel during the hour of 23:00 - 07:00. To
pay particular attention to attain proper discipline and ensure that all employees Green Belt are maintaining the required levels of professional service and behavior to Thread provide all guests and patrons with the highest standards of service expected by 707 Digest 3 Report To : hotel.
Credits Front Office Manager 1122 Responsible For : Prestige All Staff on shift 564 Main Duties : 1. Purview To direct and supervise all activities within hotel to ensure guest satisfactions delivered. 2. 30 To maintain high profile in lobby, Front Office area throughout shift, in particular during shift Joined change over and commencement of morning operations. 3. 9-1To action on complaints with tact and diplomacy at all times. 2008 4. To co-ordinate efficient handling of incoming phone calls, telexes, facsimiles and messages. 5. Liaise with Security Officers on patrols of hotel. 6. To act on all emergency situations in accordance with polity ensuring law, order and safety are maintained. 7. To conduct training of overnight staff in emergency procedures, so that everyone knows what to do in emergency case. 8. To conduct efficient hand over from Assistant Manager on preceding and following shifts with
emphasis on matters requiring follow-up action. 9. To complete regular patrols of all areas of hotel (with special attention onpublic areas on 1/F, 2/F & 3/F) ensuring service, appearance, andcleanliness of the highest standards are attained. 10. To ensure overnight cleaning is carried out in accordance with specifications andminimum disruption to staff and guests. 11. To co-ordinate with Night Auditors and Receptionists in preparation of all updates and reports. 12. To ensure all areas of hotel are prepared for the start of business each day. 13. To ensure proper policies and procedures are followed at all times in relation to all departments. 14. To log any occurrence for information of on-coming Assistant Managers and management to follow-up. To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned to by senior Assistant Manager and above management. Reply Quote TOP 6# Posted: 6-1-2009 01:47 | All replies by this member Position : Guest Relation Officer
Rooms Send PM
Add Scope of Work : Ensure that guests and VIP guest are attended to in a professional buddy manner during check-in and check out, and to ensure that guests individual needs are met. Rooms Offline Report To : Duty Assistant Manager
Main Duties : 1. Greet and act as escort for all fit guests, suite occupants and executive floor guests to their assigned room. 2. Ensures that repeat guests are pre-registered. 3. Provide comprehensive guest services including information on hotel facilities, translation arrangements, sight-seeing and other locality information, restaurant and airline Green bookings, onward hotel booking to other hotel, etc..
4. Promote and sell sister hotels. 5. Promote and sell Executive Floor. 6. Promote VIP Card program and copy with any related inquiries. Assist Front Desk staff in the check-in and check-out of guest. Thread 7. 8. Keep an update of reference materials and files within the section. 707 9. Acquaint himself with long staying guests and VIP guests to build best possible relations to ensure repeat business. Digest 10. Receive guest complaint in a professional manner and reports them to the Duty Assistant Manager. 3 11. Arrange appropriate transportation for arriving and departing guests. Credits 12. Update and replenish of chain hotels brochure rack. 13. Assist in the operation of Executive Floor if required or assigned to. 1122 14. Station himself at the center part of the lobby to direct and escort guests to Food and Prestige Beverage Outlets. 15. Assist in the check-in of groups. 564 16. Assist FIT, suite occupants and Executive Floor guests in the check-out. 17. Issue birthday cake set up orders as per policies and procedures Purview Performs any other reasonable duties as assigned to. Belt 30 Joined 9-12008
Reply Quote TOP
Rooms Send PM Add buddy Rooms Posted: 6-1-2009 01:47 | All replies by this member Position : Chief Concierge
Scope of Work : To manage Concierge efficiently, thus providing our guests with the services expected of our hotel.
Offline Report To : Responsible For : Main Duties : Financial responsibilities : Green Belt 1. 2. To effectively control payroll, costs and expenses. To take corrective measures and actions to ensure highest possible profitability. Front Office Manager Bell Captain, Bellmen, Doorgirl, Airport Rep., Transportation
Operational Responsibilities :
1. To ensure sufficient & efficient coverage at all times at Bell Service Counter, Main Digest Entrance, Driveway & Pick-Up Service. 2. To ensure that the services offered, as detailed in the Front Office Manual, are to the 3 standard expected and required of the hotel. 3. To liaise with all Departments with regard to the daily activities in the hotel. Credits 4. To be aware, and ensure that all the staff under his control are aware, of all the 1122 activities that may be of interest to the guest 5. To liaise closely with Reception, Reservation and Cashier to ensure the efficient and Prestige courteous handling of all guest arrivals and departures. 6. To action all reasonable requests made by hotel guests and visitors to the hotel. 564 7. To handle all outside deliveries for guests. Purview 8. To be responsible for efficient paging in the lobby. 9. To supervise the luggage service to ensure a smooth and efficient operation and 30 minimum delay and damage. 10. To ensure that the lobby Function Information Board is up to date at all times. Joined 11. To ensure that all information in Restaurants, Hotel Facilities. 9-1-2008 12. To ensure that all guest’s messages, mail, telexes and parcels are handled and distributed properly. 13. To ensure in coordination with Housekeeping, Engineering Departments, that the hotel’s public areas are clean and tidy at all times. 14. To ensure an atmosphere of tranquillity at the Bell Services Counter. 15. To be fully conversant in all aspects of city in order that all guest enquiries can be handled efficiently and courteously. 16. To constantly strive to please all guests with whom he may come into contact. Personnel and Training Responsibilities :
1. To be an excellent people manager. 2. To build an effective management team through taking an active interest in the development of subordinates through training and involvement in decision making.
3. To give subordinates frequent & unbiased feedback on their performance and status of development. 4. To ensure that all personnel and training related policy, procedures and corporate philosophies are transmitted to all staff. 5. To organize and carry out training for the Bell Service Desk in liaison with the training department. Administrative Responsibilities L 1. To attend all briefings and meetings as request and necessary. 2. Conducts briefings and meetings as per established policies. 3. To maintain an up-to-date record on luggage delivery and collection. To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Front Office Manager. Reply Quote TOP Rooms Send PM Add buddy Rooms Offline 8# Posted: 6-1-2009 01:48 | All replies by this member Position : Bell Captain
Scope of Work : To manage bell services efficiently, thus providing out guests with the services expected of our hotel. Report To : Responsible For : Concierge Bellmen, Doorgirl, Airport Rep.
Main Duties : Green Belt 1. To supervise the employees within the Department, ensuring that the correct standards methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department’s Operational Manual.
2. To ensure that all guests are provided with a courteous and professional service at all times. 707 3. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times. 4. To be constantly up-to-date on information on in-house activities. Digest 5. To assist the hotel guests in anyway possible, according to house policies and to the 3 best of his ability. 6. To ensure the proper control and administration of the Bell Service Desk as laid down Credits by management. 7. to supervise the luggage service to ensure a quick & efficient service. 1122 8. To supervise the message delivery ensuring minimum delay. Prestige 9. to meet all arriving guest ensuring that their needs are satisfied, and that their luggage is swiftly sent to their rooms. 564 10. To ensure that all check-our room keys are returned to the Front Desk. To maintain an accurate control and record of all luggage left in his charge, and that Purview 11. all the relevant information is entered in the guest history and log book. 30 12. To ensure that all Function Boards are kept up-to-date. 13. To ensure that the hotels driveway and main entrance areas are clean and free of Joined traffic at all time. To ensure that the hotel’s flags are raised and lowered as required, area are kept 9-1-2008 14. clean and in good condition. 15. To ensure that all personnel report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times. 16. To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development. 17. To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times. 18. To provide detailed training of employees ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with the maximum efficiency. 19. To ensure that all employees are fully conversant with the hotel services and facility. 20. To ensure that all areas of responsibility are properly staffed, supervised and operating smoothly. 21. To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety. 22. To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by management above. Thread Reply Quote TOP
Rooms Send PM Add buddy Rooms Offline 9# Posted: 6-1-2009 01:48 | All replies by this member Position : Bellmen Scope of Work : To expedite guest luggage on check-in and check-out to the standard expected of the hotel. Report To : Responsible For : Green Belt Main Duties : 1. To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name tag at all times. 2. To deliver messages etc. speedly, as required by his superior. 3. To assist the Doorman with the handling of guests on arrival and departure as instructed by his superior. 4. To handle the delivery collection and storage of all guest luggage efficiently. 5. To open vehicle door for guests and to escort them through the front door. 6. To deliver all mail, message and newspapers promptly. 7. To complete all errands as instructed. 8. To provide a continual coverage of the main entrance and front services area. 9. To be fully conversant with all aspects of the city/area and its attractions. 10. To provide a courteous and professional service at all times. 11. To maintain good wording relationships with his own colleagues, and all other departments. 12. To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relation to fire, hygiene, health and safety. 13. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times. 14. To have a complete understanding of the hotel’s employee handbook and adhere to the regulations contained with. 15. To be fully conversant with the hotel’s services and facilities. 16. to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned by management. Bell Captain Nil
Thread 707 Digest 3 Credits 1122 Prestige 564 Purview 30 Joined 9-1-2008
TOP Rooms Send PM Add buddy Rooms Offline
10# Posted: 6-1-2009 01:49 | All replies by this member Position : Scope of Work : Report To : Door girl To be the hotel’s representative at the front of the hotel. Bell Captain Nil
Green Belt Responsible For : Thread 707 Digest 3 Credits 1122 Prestige 564 Purview 30 Joined 9-1-2008 Main Duties : 1. Open the car door and welcome the guests and visitor to the hotel, greet guest with “Welcome to XXXX”. 2. Check with the guest that all the luggage is present and accounted for he will then lead the guest to the main entrance. 3. Bid the guest a pleasant stay. 4. Control the traffic of the driveway, ensure vehicles are parked properly, not blocking the driveway. 5. Always greet in-house guests with : “Good morning/afternoon/evening, Mr./Mrs./Ms. XXX”, always use guest’s name when it is known. 6. Greet visitor or patrons at restaurants also as the in-house guest. 7. If guest is checking-out, help with the luggage and bid the guest farewell by wording as : “Have a safe trip, Mr./Mrs./Ms. XXX, Hope to see you soon.” 8. To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities assigned by the Bell Captain or above management.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.