Shuklam Baradaram Vishnum, Sasi Varnam Chatur Bhujam, Prasanna Vadanan Dyayet, Sarva Vignoba Sandaye Dressed in white
you are, Oh, all pervading one, And glowing with the colour of moon. With four arms, you are, the all knowing one I meditate on your ever-smiling face, And pray, “ Remove all obstacles on my way”. Vyasam Vasishtanaptharam, Sakthe Poutramakalmasham, Parasarathmajam vande, Shukathatham Taponidhim. I bow before you Vyasa, The treasure house of penance, The great grand son of Vasishta. The grand son of Shakthi, The son of Parasara. And the father of Shuka, Vyasa Vishnu Roopaya, Vyasa Roopaya Vishnave, Nmo Vai Brahma Vidaya, Vasishtaya Namo Nama. Bow I before, Vyasa who is Vishnu, Vishnu who is Vyasa, And again and again bow before, He, who is born, In the family of Vasishta. Avikaraya Shuddhaya, Nityaya Paramatmane, Sadaika Roopa Roopaya, Vishnave Sarva Jishnave. Bow I before Vishnu Who is pure, Who is not affected, Who is permanent, Who is the ultimate truth. And He who wins over, All the mortals in this world. Yasya smarana Mathrena, Janma Samsara bandhanath. Vimuchayate Nama Tasmai , Vishnave Prabha Vishnave OM Namo Vishnave Prabha Vishnave 5
Bow I before Him, The all-powerful Vishnu, The mere thought of whom. Releases one forever, Of the ties of birth and life. Bow I before the all powerful Vishnu Shri Vaisampayana Uvacha:Shrutva dharmaneshena , Pavanani cha Sarvasha, Yudishtra santhanavam Puneravabhya Bhashata Sri Vaisampayana said:After hearing a lot, About Dharma that carries life,, And of those methods great, That removes sins from ones life, For ever and to cleanse, Yudhishtra asked again, Bheeshma, the abode of everlasting peace. Yudishtra Uvacha:Kimekam Daivatham Loke, Kim Vapyegam Parayanam, Sthuvantha Kam Kamarchanda Prapnyur Manava Shubham, Ko Dharma sarva Dharmanam Paramo Matha Kim Japan Muchyathe Jandur Janma Samsara Bhandanat Yudishtra asked:In this wide world , Oh Grandpa, Which is that one God, Who is the only shelter? Who is He whom, Beings worship and pray, And get salvation great? Who is He who should oft, Be worshipped with love? Which Dharma is so great, There is none greater? 7 8 6
And which is to be oft chanted, To get free. From these bondage of life, cruel? Bheeshma Uvacha:Jagat Prabhum devadevam Anantham Purushottamam, Stuvan nama Sahasrena, Purusha Sathathothida, Tameva charchayan nityam, Bhaktya purushamavyayam, Dhyayan sthuvan namasyancha yajamanasthameva cha, Anadi nidhanam vishnum sarva loka Maheswaram Lokadyaksham stuvannityam Sarva dukkhago bhaved, Brahmanyam sarva dharmagnam Lokanam keerthi vardhanam, Lokanatham Mahadbhootham Sarva Bhootha bhavodbhavam Aeshame sarva dharmanam dharmadhika tamo matha, Yad bhaktyo pundarikaksham Stuvyr-archanayr-nara sada, Paramam yo mahatteja, paramam yo mahattapa Paramam yo mahad brahma paramam ya parayanam Pavithranam Pavithram yo mangalanam cha mangalam, Dhaivatham devathanam cha bhootanam yo vya pitha Yatha sarvani bhoothani bhavandyathi yugagame Yasmincha pralayam yanthi punareve yuga kshaye Tasya Loka pradhanasya Jagannatathasya bhoopathe Vishno nama sahasram me Srunu papa bhayapaham 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Bheeshma Replied:That purusha with endless devotion, Who chants the thousand names , Of He who is the lord of the Universe, Of He who is the God of Gods, Of He who is limitless, Would get free , From these bondage of life, cruel He who also worships and prays, Daily without break, That Purusha who does not change, That Vishnu who does not end or begin, That God who is the lord of all worlds, And Him, who presides over the universe, Would loose without fail, All the miseries in this life.
who knows the dharma. Which deal of His qualities great. Will disappear at the end of the world. And of that the chief of all this world . Is the dharma that is great. Please hear from me. Become happy and great. Of Him who is purest of the pure.. So that beings of this wide world. With devotion great.Chanting the praises. That which is the greatest light. That which is the greatest brahmam. Were born at the start of the world. Of those names with fame. I would teach you without fail. Rishir Namnam Sahsrasya Veda Vyaso Maha Muni Chando aunustup stada devo bhagawan devaki sutha Amruthamsu Bhavo Bhhejam Shakthir devaki nandana Trisama hridayam tasya santhyarthe viniyujyade
. The thousand holy names. Among all that lives in this world. Who is the only one . Of Him in whom. Of those who live in this world. Of the lotus eyed one . Of Him who is God among Gods. Who bears the burden of this world. Who is the master of the universe. That which is the greatest penance. Who is the truth among all those who has life. Of That which is holiest of holies. all that lives. Who is partial to the Vedas. Of Him whom all the souls. Is the greatest shelter that I know. Which wash away all sins. Worshipping and singing. Who increases the fame . And which the sages sing. Of That father who lives Without death. And who decides the life of all living.
Sprayed of drops of nectar. And is composed in Anusthup metre. By the side of the sea of milk. Who gets happy of the white cloud. Who is ever victorious. the wheel and the lotus in His hands. Who wears all over his body Pearls made of spatika.
Bhoo padau yasya nabhi r viyadasu ranila schandra suryaau cha nether Karnavasasiro dhaumugamabhi dhahano yasya vasteyamabhdhi Anthastham yasya viswam sura nara khaga go bhogi gandharva dhaityai. Who is everywhere. Among all purushas. And has its God the son of Devaki. And has Vyasa as the sage. And its root is Amrutamsudbhava And its strength the baby of Devaki. And its heart is Trissama Bow I before Him. DHYANAM Ksheerodanvath pradese suchimani vilasad saikathe Maukthikanam Malaklupthasanastha Spatikamani nibhai maukthiker mandithanga Shubrai-rabrai-rathabrai ruparivirachitai muktha peeyusha varshai Anandi na puniyadari nalina Gadha sankapanir Mukunda Let that Mukunda makes us all holy. Who is in every being. Who is God of Gods. Located in the sand of precious stones. Who sits on the throne of garland of pearls . Vishnu
. Who is the killer of asuras. And who has the mace . Chitram ram ramyathe tham thribhuvana vapusham vishnumeesam namami I bow before that God. And who is the greatest.Vishnum Jishnum Mahavishnum Prabha vishnun Maheswaram Aneka Roopa Daityantham Namami purushottamam These thousand names Yudishtra Are Sung for peace.
Who has beautiful limbs. 4
. Viswadharam Gagana sadrusam Megha varnam shubangam Lakshmi kantham kamala nayanam Yogi hrid dyana gamyam Vande vishnum bava bhayaharam sava lokaika nadham I bow before the God Vishnu. Who has fire as his mouth. Who is black like a cloud. Whose limbs shine because of Kousthubha. And who is the lord of all the worlds. Who has air as his soul. Megha syamam Peetha kouseys vasam Srivatsangam Kausthuboth bhasithangam Punyopetham pundareekayathaksham Vishnum vande sarva lokaika natham I bow before that God Vishnu. Who has eyes like an open lotus. And who is surrounded by the blessed always. Who has earth as his feet. Who has moon and sun as eyes. Who is the consort of Lakshmi. Serpent men. And in whose belly play and enjoy. Who is seen by saints through thought. Who has the sreevatsa on him. Who is similar to the sky. Who is the lord of all the universe. Gods. Who wears yellow silks. Who sleeps on his folded arms. Who is personification of peace.Who is the lord of three worlds. Who has a lotus on his belly. animals. Who has the land of gods as head. Who has lotus like eyes. Who is of the colour of the cloud. Who has sky as his belly. Who kills all worries and fears. Who has the four directions as ears. Gandharvas and Asuras. Who is the God of gods. men birds. Who is the basis of earth. Santhakaram Bujaga sayanam Padmanabham suresam. Who has sea as his stomach.
Who has lotus like eyes. In the shade of Parijata tree. Who sits on a golden throne. Chandranana chathurbahum sreevatsangitha vakshasam. Aseenamam budha syama Mayathakashamalangrutham. Who has four hands.
Nama 1: vishvam / a) Universe or Cause of Universe b) One who is full in all respects.a) One who permeates everything. Who has long broad eyes. Om visvaya namah. Who has four arms. 2. Vishnu: . b) One who surrounds everything. Who has a face like moon. Who wears a crown and ear globes. Who is of the colour of the black cloud. Worn in his garlanded chest. Who wears yellow silks. Rukmani Satyabhamabhyam Sahitham Krishnamasraye. is inside every sentient and non-sentient being.
. Chayayam Parijatasys hemasimhasanopari.Sasanga chakram sakerita kundalam sappeethavastram saraseruhekshanam. And who has a chest adorned by Sreevatsa. I seek refuge in Lord Krishna. Who shines because of Kousthbha . Om vishnave namah. Sahara vaksha sthala shobhi kousthubham namai Vishnum sirasa chaturbhujam I bow before the God Vishnu. Who is with Rukhmani and Satyabhama. Who has a conch and wheel in his hands.
d) One who completes and fulfills existence everywhere .as it is. 5: bhuta-krit / The creator of all beings.(Sri Bhattar) b) Indestructible (Sri Sankara) 14: purushah / a) One who bestows on the Muktas the enjoyment of the Bliss of Himself in plenty.for whom there is no other guiding or superior soul 12: muktanam parama gatih / One who is the ultimate goal for all muktas or Released or Liberated Souls. 4: bhuta-bhavya-bhavat-prabhu: The Master of all things past. Puta Atma yasya sa putatma . b) One who is reclining in this body . Sloka 2
10: Putatma / The Pure Self . The Omniscient 16:kshetrajnah / One who knows. 13: avyayah / a) One who does not send back anyone who has reached Him (to the cycle of birth and rebirth . present. and present. 11: paramatma / The Supreme Soul .The Lord of all things that exist in the past. (seems to be further elaborated by namas 8 and 9) 7: bhavah / He who exists with all the splendor.puri sete iti purushah. the muktas to the exact place where the muktas will get their sought-after Supreme Bliss. independent of anything else. The All-Knower. and future.3: vashatkara / One who controls and directs (not merely pervades).trikAla vartinAm seshi .
.sarvesham bhutanam atma 9: bhuta-bhavanah / One who nourishes and nurtures all beings that He created. 8: bhutatma / The AtmA or soul of all beings . future. Bhutani bibharti iti bhuta-bhrt One who supports all.purA AsIt iti purushah.puru sanoti iti purushah. Nirukti . .One who is untainted by the effects of karma good or bad. 6 : bhuta-bhrt / The supporter of all things. c) One who existed before anything else existed . and can lead. He who exists always.pUrayati iti purushah 15: sakshi / One who directly witnesses everything .One who has the pure Atma is pUtAtmA..
sriman / One with a lovely form. yogavitam neta / One who leads those who practice yoga until they reach their Goal. Sloka 4
.. The word yoga is derived from the word yujyate which means "with whose help the goal is attained". 23. 22. 20. kesavah / One with lovely locks of hair. 21. 24. purushottamah / The Supreme amongst the purushas (i. Sloka 3
18. na ksharati iti aksharah .e. individualsouls). narasimha vapuh / One who possesses a body of man and lion combined. 19. yogah / One Who alone is the definite and unobstructed means to salvation. pradhana purusha Isvarah / One who is the Lord of Primordial Matter as well as the Jivas.17: akshara / One whose greatness never diminishes over time in spite of being enjoyed by the miktas constantly.
35. nidhiravyayah / The inexhaustible treasure. 32. sarvah / (sa as in sanatana) One who is all . c) The very source of the panca bhutas. One who regenerates all by dispelling all their evils. 27. sambhavah / (Though like a Hidden Treasure). 33. 26. bharta / Supporter. subha avahasca sivah . b) One who has the ability to do anything without the help of any other beings or things Sloka 5
.One who bestows auspiciousness on all. shivah / One who confers auspiciousness. matsya. b) The source or cause of all beings.25.). bhutadih / a) One who is eagerly sought after by all beings. sharvah / (sa as in Shiva) The Remover of all sins. 34. prabhuh / He who is all powerful. 31. One who manifests Himself at will to those who sincerely seek Him..g. bhavanah / (Having manifested thus). kurma. nrsimha.the cause of creation and destruction of all things. etc. 30. He manifests Himself at any place and at any time and in any form (e. sthanuh / One who is . 36. prabhavah / One whose birth is of a sublime nature.firm in His benefits and anugraha to the devotees. Isvarah / a) One who has the supreme power of control over all beings. 29. 28.
shambhuh / One who causes happiness to everyone by the beauty of His appearance.
. measured. b) The best of all basic constituents Sloka 6
46. dhata / The creator (of . through logical means. hrshikesah / a) The controller of the sense-organs of all including Brahma. vidhata / The producer (of Brahma from the fetus referred to above). Adityah / a) The purusha in the Sun. 43. 39. b) One of the twelve Adityas.37. etc. 42. explained. 41. dhaturuttamah / a) One who is far superior to Brahma (dhatr). aprameyah / One who cannot be defined. (but who can only be experienced) 47. svayambhuh / He who manifests Himself by His own free will. pushkarakshah / The Lotus-eyed. 38. anadi-nidhanah / One who is without beginning or end. 40. 45. 44. maha-svanah / He of the venerable sound (of the Vedas). c) One who sustains and nourishes everything like the Sun. etc.Brahma and others). Rudra.
b) One who. shashvatah / One who is eternal.). b) One who has a dark-blue complexion. 50. Sloka 8
. 63. b) The Creator of the Universe. 54. kakub or kakut. 55. amara-prabhuh / The Lord of the immortal gods. 59. and dhAma. visva karma / a) One who is the agent of all actions with regard to the Universe. lohitakshah / One with eyes red like the beautiful lotus flower. Older than the oldest. and well-endowed with wisdom. padma-nabhah / One from whose navel the lotus (the cause of the Universe) emanates. 49. greatness. makes this world happy through His rays 48. 57. mangalam param / The Embodiment of Supreme Auspiciousness.tri. pradrdanah / The Destroyer. 64. pavitram / Purity Incarnate. 62. Permanent. ever full. tri-kakud-dhama / There are three words in this name . 60. krshnah / a) One who is always in a state of Bliss (with His sport of creation etc. agrahyah / One who is beyond the grasp of others. 51. Sloka 7
56. and other qualities. 61. sthavirah / One who has always existed. in the form of the Sun and the Moon. manuh / The Great Thinker: Mananat manuh 52. 53. Unchanging. sthavishthah / One who is exceedingly huge in size. tvashta / One who created all the different forms and names in this Universe. dhruvah / One who is unaffected by Time. 58. prabhutah / One who is affluent.
hiranyagarbah / He who is in a lovely Abode. 67. e) One for whom there is no Lord (i. dhyana. 73. or through mauna. sreshthah / Most praise-worthy. a yadhava. b) One who is attained through the Madhu vidya. d) One who is born in the race of Madhu.65. jyeshthah / Older than the oldest. madhavah / a) The consort of MA or Lakshmi. 66. 72. Sloka 9
. and yoga. 74) madhusudhanah / The slayer of the evil demon called Madhu. 68.. isanah / The controller. pranah / Life. 71. prana_dah / The life-giver.e. prajapatih / Lord of the Ever-free Angels. 69. a maunee. bhugarbhah / One for whom the Earth is the object of protection. One who is the Lord of everyone) f) A silent observer. c) The Lord of knowledge or the propounder of the knowledge of the Supreme Being. 70.
.a serpent. 78.75. such as in the vAmana incarnation. etc. 87. medhavi / One who is capable of powerful memory. kramah / a) One who is the basis for the order in the Universe. samvatsarah / He who lives for the uplift of His devotees. vikramah / a) One with great strides (see nAma 76). duradharshah / One who cannot be overcome by the demons and others.e. krtajnah / One who is grateful. a tiger. sarma / One who is Bliss. b) The best among those who can bestow their devotees' desires. prajabhavah / One from whom all beings have originated. 90. 89. 79. 84. vibhishana. anuttamah / One for whom there is nothing superior or better. krtih / One who is the cause of the virtuous act of His devotees. b) One who rides on the king of birds. b) One who is beyond grasp such as a vyAla . isvarah / The Ruler. The most powerful. 82. c) One who does not destroy His devotees. visvaretAh / The seed for the Universe. 85. dhanvi / The wielder of the bow. the Garuda. an elephant. 91.g. 92.. ahah / a) One who never forsakes anyone. 81. atmavan / The real Owner and Controller of the souls of those who do these virtuous acts. saranam / The Refuge. b) One who controls and bestows the power of movement. 88. suresah / a) The Lord of all the other gods. 83. vikramI / a) The most courageous. 93. Sloka 10
86. b) One who has the "Special" footsteps viz. 76. Vamana. vyalah / a) One who accepts the devotees . c) One who is highly prosperous. the Highest Goal to be attained. b) One who is like the Day that awakens people from ignorance. 80.
ameyatma / One whose Nature cannot be comprehended. 99. sarvadarsanah / a) One who shows all His grace to His devotees. decay. c) One who undergoes no modifications such as birth. 97. siddhih / The Goal. disease. pratyayah / One who can be relied upon. 104. vrishakapih / One who lifted the Earth from the waters of adharma in the form of varaha. 95. b) One who is easily attained by all means by His devotees
. sarva yoga vinissritah / a) One who is beyond any attachment. b) The Remover of all obstacles. 101. etc. growth. b) One who is the isvara for all isvaras. Sloka 11
96. ajah / a) Unborn. sarvesvarah / a) One who reaches all who seek Him. 100.94. 102. e) One who is the root of all sound (akshara "a"). d) One who removes the ignorance from the hearts of His devotees. siddhah / One who is available at the hands of His devotees. 103. b) One who never lets His devotees slip. sarvadih / The Origin or Cause of all things. c) One who moves in the hearts of the devotees. 98. b) The All-seeing. acyutah / a) One who has never slipped from His glory.
b) One who has a mind which thinks of His devotees as a treasure. amoghah / Om amoghaya namah / One who always gives fruits to those who worship Him. 107. vrishakriti / Om vrshakrtaye namah / One who is an embodiment of dharma. c) One who is like the eye to the residents of SrivaikunTham.pavaka. 108. b) One who resides in the heart space of everyone and observes all. b) One who dwells in the Milk-Ocean.One who has an even mind. 111. 106. satyah / Om satyaya namah / a) The Truth. 110. 112. matter and sun. pundarikakshah / Om pundarIkakshaya namah / a) One whose eyes are beautiful like the lotus flower. 113. samah / Om samaya namah / One who treats all His devotees equally. c) One who is the wealth that His devotees seek.
. vasumanah / Om vasumanase namah / a) One who has a 'wealthy' or rich mind. samatma / Om samatmane namah . sammitah / Om sammitaya namah / a) One who has let Himself be understood (controlled) by His devotees. c) One who is well-disposed towards the good. vasuh / a) One who dwells in the hearts of His devotees.105. vrishakarma / Om vrshakarmane namah / One who is of righteous actions. e) One who lives in the sky. d) The best among the eight vasus . b) The One Truth who is accepted by the Rsihis and revealed in the Upanishads. b) One whose form is made up of prana. 114. 109.
maha. Om vararohaya namah. b) One of Excellent Ascent. sarva-gah / One who reaches all. babhruh / The Supporter. Om bahu-sirase namah. b) One whose names are worthy of being heard.115. Om Suci-Sravase namah.tapah / One who is endowed with great knowledge. 116.
124. rudrah / a) One who brings tears to the eyes. b) One who confers the good on the devotees. Om maha-tapase namah. c) One who has beautiful and divine ears. visva-yonih / a) The cause of this world.sirAh / One who is multi-headed. c) One who destroys misery. 123. 117.
. Om visva-yonaye namah. 118. Om babhrave namah. 120. b) One who is Immortal. 121. Om Sasvata-sthanave namah. sasvata-sthanuh / One who is Eternally Firm. 119. Om amritaya namah. sarva-vit / One who is the All-knower. Om sarvagaya namah. 122. Om sarva-vide namah. 125. b) One who unites His devotees with Himself. bahu. suci-sravah / a) One who listens to words which are pure. amritah / a) The unsatiating nectar to His devotees. Om rudraya namah. vararohah / a) One who is the most supreme object of attainment.
Om veda-vide namah. c) One who has a form which is nitya or permanent.dharmadhyakshah . Om vedaya namah. Om catur-bhujaya namah. 140 . vedavit / The true knower of the meaning of the vedas. Om catur-vyuhaya namah. as well as transient forms. 141 . viz.Lord of the worlds. bhanuh / One who shines. vishvak-senah / One who has His army in all directions for the protection of all.
135. Om vishvaksenaya namah. kritakritah / a) The grantor of fruits that are this this-worldly as well as those that are eternal. Om dharmadhyakshaya namah. janardanah / a) One who destroys the wicked. 137 . Om caturatmane namah. Om bhanave namah. Om vedangaya namah. 127. 129. b) One who has the srutis and smritis as His body. 138. vedah / One who is the embodiment of scriptures. lokadhyakshah . avya~ngah / One who has no imperfections.126. Om catur-damshtraya namah. caturatmA / One whose Self has a four-fold manifestation. 142 . Om janardanaya namah.Master of the devas. 130. Om lokadhyakshaya namah. but the true meaning behind the Vedas. 128. 136 . 133.catur-bhujah / One with four arms. Master of dharma. vedavit / One who knows not only the Vedas. b) One who protects people from the wicked. 132. c) One who is approached by devotees for their wishes. Om avya~ngaya namah. Om vedavide namah. 131. b) One who is both the cause and effect of all things. the way the Supreme should be worshipped. 134.catur-damshtrah / He of four teeth. Master or superintendent of all people who should practice dharma. the dharma.
.catur-vyuhah / One with four forms (the vyuha forms). Om suradhyakshaya namah. 139.suradhyakshah . veda~ngah / a) One who has Vedas as His body. kavih / One who cognizes beyond ordinary perception.
jeta / The conqueror. 154. Om atindraya namah. Om jagadadijaya namah. punarvasuh / One who lives again and again as the antaratma of all His creations.143. 150. vijayah / Victory Incarnate. pramsuh / The Tall. Om bhojanaya namah. Om vamanaya namah. 147. Om vijayaya namah. Om jetre namah. 152. 156. sahishnuh / The Forgiver. Om sahishnave namah. 155. visva. Om bhoktre namah. uncontaminated. 158. 144.
. 146. jagadadijah / He who was born at the beginning of the Universe. Om upendraya namah. 145. urjitah / One who is endowed with immense strength. 148. Om amoghaya namah. upendrah / a) One who appeared as the younger brother of Indra to help him. sucih / Pure. amoghah / One whose acts are never purposeless. 149. bhojanam / One who is the object of enjoyment. vamanah / One with the Dwarf form. Om anaghaya namah. 159.yonih / The Cause of the Universe.
153. Om sucaye namah. bhokta / The Enjoyer. Om visva-yonaye namah. Om brajishnave namah. 157. Om pramsave namah. atIndrah / One who is superior to Indra. anaghah / One who is Sinless. Om Urjitaya namah. 151. b) One who is superior to Indra. bhrajishnuh / One who is effulgent.
balah / One with immeasurable strength . maha. Om viraghne namah. Om niyamaya namah. i.. vira-ha / The slayer of strong men of wicked nature.e. 164.
. Om mahamayaya namah. Om madhavaya namah. 161. maha. Om sada-yogine namah. 173. Om dhritatmane namah. 166. 170. Om madhave namah. atindriyah / He who is beyond the range of the sense organs. 163.The Omnipotent. treats everyone equally.mayah / One who is possessed of wonderful power of enchantment. dhritatma / The supporter of all the jivatmas. 167. Om vaidyaya namah. 169. 174. b) One who unites this Universe as the sarva-vyapic) One who always follows the dharmic way. Om mahabalaya namah. sargah / The creator of Himself. 172.
165. sada-yogi / a) One who is always awake with respect to His devotees. Om samgrahaya namah. vaidyah / The knower of vidya or knowledge. Om yamaya namah. madhavah / The propounder of the knowledge of the Supreme Being. samgrahah / a) He who is easily reached. Om sargaya namah. niyamah / The Controller. b) That which should be known or realized. 162. b) He who has everyone under His control. vedyah / a) He who can be realized. Om atIndriyaya namah. Om vedyaya namah. 168. madhuh / One who is like honey to His devotees.160. d) One who is in constant yogic meditation e) One who always displays the samatva-bhava. yamah / The Ruler. mahotsahah / He of great enthusiasm. 171. Om mahotsahaya namah.
maha. b) The wielder of the mighty bow.
.buddhih / He of infinite knowledge. 184. Om Srinivasaya namah. Om maha-saktaye namah. Om mahi-bhartre namah. Om mahadri-dhrite namah. 179. maha. 176. 185. Srinivasah / In whom Lakshmi resides. maheshvasah / a) The discharger of great arrows. Om satam-gataye namah.vIryah / He of great virility. Om maha-dyutaye namah. 180. Om Srimate namah. 182. srIman / Possessed of beauty. maha.
183. 177.vapuh / He who possesses an indescribable body. Om ameyatmane namah. ameyatma / He of an incomprehensible nature.Saktih / Of immense power. Om maheshvasaya namah.gatih / The Ultimate Goal for all spiritual seekers. satam. Om maha-buddhaye namah. 181.dhrit / The bearer of the great mountain. Om anirdesya-vapushe namah. mahadri.Sloka 19
175. Om maha-viryaya namah.bharta / The bearer of the earth. 178. anirdesya. maha. 186.dyutih / He of great splendor. mahi.
hiranyagarbha. Om padma nabhaya namah. hamsah / One who is like the swan. Om damanaya namah 193. sutapah / a) One who is possessed of supreme knowledge. prajapatih / The Lord of beings. Om hamsaya namah. c) The protector of cows. govidam patih / The protector of those who know the Vedas. 196. Om maricaye namah. 195. damanah / a) Dispeller (of the samsara bharam). Om govidam-pataye namah. b) One who resides in the center of everyone's heart. maricih / Ray of light. b) One who controls and punishes those who swerve from their prescribed path. 190.
200. 199.187. 194. 192. 189. hiranya-nabhah / One who has a beautiful navel with a golden hue. Om bhujagottamaya namah. Om aniruddhaya namah. 198. bhujagottamah / The Master of the Serpent AdiSesha. aniruddhah / One who cannot be obstructed or resisted by anyone. b) One who dug out the Earth from the depths of the Ocean.
191. Om govindaya namah. Om suparnaya namah. Om prajapataye namah. Om amrityave namah. 197. d) One who confers the Vedas. Om sutapase namah. amrityuh / One who is beyond death or decay.
. b) One who can lead men to the other shore across the ocean of samsara. govindah / a) One who is praised by the gods (for His help). 188. padma_nabhah / a) One who has the lotus emanating from his navel (carrying Brahma). Om suranandaya namah. One who supports in His navel the creator. suranandah / One who gives delight to the gods. Om hiranya-nabhaya namah. b) One with consistent creative thinking. suparnah / a) (literally) One possessed of charming feathers.
visrutatma / a) One whose exploits are praised with wonder. e) One who is the root of all sound (akshara "a"). surari-ha / The slayer of the enemies of the gods. d) One whose Atma is of a special Nature. vacaspatih / The Lord of Speech. sragvi / Adorned with the garland (vaijayanti).dhama / a) The Place of Residence. satya-parakramah / One of unfailing valor.
. Om surarighne namah. Om vacaspataye namah. 214.201. etc). Om sandhatre namah. sthirah / One who is firm in His relation to His devotees. 212 . Om dhamne namah. Om sthiraya namah. 202. b) Remover of obstacles. Om udara-dhiye namah. 218. satyah / The Good. b) The Supreme Light. nimishah / One whose eyes are closed (towards the enemies of His devotees). simhah / a) The Lion. 217. Om gurutamaya gurave namah. 213. c) One whose praise is sung in various forms. Om satyaparakramaya namah. 215. Om ajaya namah. 216. sandhata / a) One who unites His devotees with Him b) One who unites the beings with the fruits of their actions. b) Destroyer. Om sarva-drse namah. durmarshanah / The Unassailable. 208. d) One who removes the ignorance from the hearts of His devotees. Om sastre namah. Om satyaya namah. 203. ajah / a) Unborn. Om nimishaya namah. Knowledge. 205. 209. 206. Om sandhimate namah. Om durmarshanaya namah. gurur-guru-tamah / The foremost among the preceptors. sandhiman / One who is always united with His devotees. 219. sasta / The Teacher. c) One who moves in the hearts of the devotees. Om animishaya namah. animishah / One with eyes closed. b) One who is called by special names (such as Truth. Om simhaya namah. Om sragvine namah. udara-dhih / One with vast knowledge. sarvadrik / All-seeing. 207. 210.
211. 204. c) The Abode of all desired things.
223.pat / The thousand-footed.
. 231. b) One who controls all movements (e. Om sahasrakshaya namah. b) One who is full of all glories. d) The Lord of Mahalakshmi e) One who has Mahalakshmi in his vaksha-sthala. Om sahasra-pade namah.akshah / The thousand-eyed. 221. visvasya atma visvatma. d) He who is beyond the bonds of samsara. gramanih / Leader of the hosts of angels. Om netre namah. c) One who is radiant. 229. Om nivrittatmane namah. b) Logical arguments (tarka) and lines of contemplation (yukti) that help us in arriving at the absolute experience. neta / a) One who fulfills the requests of His devotees.g. 225. 227. 222. samvritah / He who remains hidden. agranih / One who leads forward.murdha / The thousand-headed. Om gramanye namah. the very inner Essence in all living creatures. Om agranye namah. 232.. visvatma / The very soul of the Universe.Sloka 24
220. Om nyayaya namah. Om samvritaya namah. Om sahasra-murdhne namah. sahasra. sahasra. Om visvatmane namah. f) One who is endowed with all the powers. Om samiranaya namah. 224. nyayah / a) The Just. b) One who manages or regulates the affairs of the cosmos. breath) in beings. c) He who is the atma of those who practice nivrtti dharma. 226. samiranah / a) One who performs acts which are delectable. nivrittatma / a) He whose nature rises above other things. sriman / a) One who is endowed with wealth. b) He whose mind is turned away from worldly desires. sahasra. 228. Om Avartanaya namah.
230. avartanah / He who turns the wheel of worldly life or samsara. Om Srimate namah.
233. prasannatma / He with a clear mind. Om sadhave namah. 237.. i) One who is not supported (by Earth etc). satkritah / He who is worshipped by the sadhus (even by those who deserve to be worshipped). 247.
238. dharani-dharah / The bearer of the Earth. narah / a) He who is imperishable. Om jahnave namah. Om suprasadaya namah. j) One who does not hide anywhere i. jahnuh / The Concealer (of His greatness from the non-devotees). who is present everywhere. narayanah / The Supporter of the hosts of souls. 235. c) The Beginingless. 245. Om naraya namah. h) One who has no fixed residence. visva-srit / The Creator of the Universe. Om prasannatmane namah.e. The Sun. The Air. sampra-mardanah / The dispeller (of the darkness). anilah / a) The Giver of life-breath. sadhuh / One who carries out (whatever His devotees say). The Fire. unaffected by virtue and vice. vahnih / The Bearer or The Carrier. 239. 234. visvabhug-vibhuh / He who pervades all things and protects them. Om sampra-mardanaya namah. 244. f) One who is omniscient . Om ahahsamvartakaya namah. Om narayanaya namah. k) One who is always awake. e) One who is beyond dissolution. Om viava-srije namah. su-prasadah / The Giver of good favors.All-Knowing. Om anilaya namah. Of delightful nature. Om satkartre namah. satkarta / He who honors the good. 242. d) One who has no binding. b) The Leader. 246. 236. g) Easily accessible to His devotees. 243. b) One who needs no goading to Help His devotees. Om vahnaye namah. Om satkritaya namah. 240. ahah-samvartakah / The regulator of the day (time). Om dharanI-dharaya namah. Sloka 27
. 241. Om visvabhug-vibhave namah.
Om sucaye namah. or is the cause of the brightness of all objects Om vrishahine namah. b) One who makes His devotees shine like day because of their dharma. asankhyeyah / One whose attributes. 249. siddharthah / One who is in possession of all desirable things. vrishahi / a) One who shines in the form of dharma. Om aprameyaya namah. sishta-krt / He who makes His devotees eminent. Om siddha-sankalpaya namah.248. Om aishta-krite namah. siddhi-sadhanah / One who makes the means for siddhi as pleasant as the fruit itself. b) He who shines because of His dharma. are Innumerable. f) One who has the brightness of agni etc. vishnuh / One who pervades everything.. 259. 258. 255. etc.
. Om siddhi-sadhanaya namah. 256. d) One who reveals dharma. Om vishnave namah. siddhi-dah / The bestower of siddhi-s or super-human powers. direct or indirect. aprameyatma / One who cannot be known through knowledge. visishtah / He who is Superior. names. Om siddharthaya namah. 252. 253. Om visishtaya namah. forms. Sucih / Pure. Sloka 28
vrishahi vrishabho vishnur-vrishaparva vrishhodara vardhano vardhamanashcha viviktah shruti-saagaraha ||(28) 257. c) One who makes the day auspicious when the devotee approaches Him. vrishabhah / a) He who showers (His grace). Om asankhyeyaya namah. 254. Om vrishabhaya namah. e) One who is the devata for the vrishaha sacrifice. siddha-sankalpah / One whose wishes are always fulfilled. Om siddhi-daya namah. 250. 251.
267. 274. Om mahendraya namah. Om sipi-vishtaya namah. brihad-rupah / He of an immense form. vrisha-parva / He who has provided the steps of dharma to reach Him. 263. Om vagmine namah. prakasanah / a) One who shows Himself to His devotees. Om vrishaparvane namah. Sipi-vishtah / He who pervades the rays. Om sruti-sagaraya namah. dur-dharah / a) The irresistible. c) He from whom the veda-s originated. vagmi / a) He who has words which are praise-worthy. Om vardhamanaya namah. sruti-sagarah / He who is the sea where all Vedas take us. b) The God of Indra and other gods.260. Om viviktaya namah. Om prakasanaya namah. 270. 273. su-bhujah / One with majestic arms. Om vasave namah. 262. b) He who has powerful words. mahendrah / a) He of great wealth. 264.
. vrishodarah / One who has dharma as His mid-region or belly. 268. viviktah / He who is unique. Om vardhanaya namah. Om vasudaya namah. b) One who illumines everything. 261.
266. b) One who is difficult to comprehend c) One who is difficult to hold in concentration d) One who cannot be supported by anyone or anything else Om durdharaua namah. vasu-dah / The Giver of wealth. naika-rupah / He of Infinite forms (as seen in visvarupa). Om brihad-rupaya namah. 265. vasuh / He who is Himself the wealth sought by those who have realized the Truth. 271. 269. Om naikarupaya namah. Om vrishodharaya namah. vardhamanah / He who grows. Om su-bhujaya namah. 272. vardhanah / He who nourishes. 275.
279. pratapanah / He who scorches (His enemies). Om rddhaya namah. Om bhanave namah. Om amrtamsudbhavaya namah. ojas-tejo-dyuti-dharah / One who is endowed with strength. c) One who binds and keeps in-tact all that moves in this world. Om pratapanaya namah. Om candramsave namah. 278. Om suresvaraya namah. jagatah-setuh / a) The barrier for the world. Rddhah / He who is full in all respects. 286. Sloka 31
amrta-amsu-udbhavo bhanuh shashabinduh sureshvarah | aushadham jagatah setuh satya-dharma-parakramah ||(31) 284. 289. sasabinduh / a) He who disowns the evil-minded. b) The Moon c) One who controls the paths of the planets and the stars. Om aushadhaya namah. 287. Om sasabindave namah. spashya-taksharah / He of clear words (through the Vedas). suresvarah / The Lord of the gods. bhanuh / The lustrous Sun or One who is Radiant. vigor and brilliance. 290. Om spashtaksharaya namah. Om bhaskara-dyutaye namah. mantrah / The mystic word (He who protects those who meditate on His name). 280. om ojas-tejo-dyuti-dharaya namah.
. Om prakasatmane namah. prakasatma / He of a nature that is well-known to all. 281. 282. candra-amsuh / He who is possessed of the effulgent rays like those of the moon. amrta-amsu-udbhavah / The source of nectar-rayed moon.ojas-tejo-dyutidharah prakasha-atmaa pratapanah | riddhah spashya-taksharo mantrash-chandraanshur-bhaskara-dyutih ||(30) 276. Om jagatah-setave namah. Om mantraya namah. aushadham / The Medicine. 283. 285. 288. satya-dharma-parakramah / One whose qualities and valor are always true. 277. bhaskara-dyutih / He who has the effulgence of the sun. Om satya-dharma-parakramaya namah. b) The bridge for crossing the ocean of samsara.
Om analaya namah. countless. om naika-mayaya namah. 307. 304. om ananta-jite namah. 294. kama-ha / The Destroyer of desires. 305. 296. Om pavanaya namah. Om bhuta-bhavya-bhavan-nathaya namah. Sloka 33
yugaadi-krt yugaavarto naikamaayo mahashanah | adrishyo vyaktarupashcha sahasrajid anandaji ||(33) 301. 293. Om kama-ghne namah. sahasra-jit / The Conqueror of thousands. 298. om sahasra-jite namah. 297. om adrsyaya namah. kamah /The Lovable (or manmatha). and also fulfils the desires. pavanah / He who moves about (Wind). One who surpasses all in being.Sloka 32
bhutabhavyabhavannathah pavanah pavano-analah kamaha kamakrt-kantaha kamah kamapradah prabhuh || (32) 291. Om pavanaya namah. 306. Om kama-krte namah. kama-krt / One who creates desirable things. om kama-pradaya namah. kantah / He who is charming. 300. om yugadi-krte namah. om vyakta-rupaya namah. naika-mayah / He of multifarious wonders. yugadi-krt / The Creator at the beginning of a yuga. yugavartah / He who revolves the yuga-s or aeons. adrsyah / He Who cannot be seen. om prabhave namah. om mahasanAya namah. 299. limitless. 302. om kantaya namah. analah / One who is never satisfied (in His Mercy or daya). mahasanah / He who is a voracious eater. prabhuh / One who has the supreme power to attract the minds of all towards Himself. bhuta-bhavya-bhavan-nathah / The Lord of all in the past. 303. present and future. 292. om yugavartaya namah. om kamaya namah. ananta-jit / One whose victory is endless.
. 308. kama-pradah / The Grantor of wishes. 295. pavanah / He who purifies everything. vyakta-rupah / He of a manifest form.
kartA / He who slays. c) He who is the embodiment of dharma. om nahushaya namah. 315. b) He who dearly loves the eminent persons. c) He who has no equal. om mahI-dharaya namah. viSva-bAhuh / He who has arms for the good of the world. 317.
. ishTah / a) One who is liked by everyone. acyutah / He who does not fall from His status. b) He who showers His devotees with all that is asked for. 314. vRshah / a) He who drenches (those who are scorched by the heat of samsara). nahushah / One who binds (the jiva-s by His maya). 312. mahI-dharah / The Supporter of the world. 318. 310. 319. om vrshaya namah. SikhanDI / a) He who has the plume (or effulgence) of Lordship. b) He who wears a peacock feather. om krodha-ghne namah.Sloka 34
309. om visva-bahave namah. Sloka 35
320. krodha-kRt / He who developed anger. om sishteshtaya namah. b) One who is worshipped in ishti or sacrifice. om sikhandine namah. om ishtaya namah. b) He who destroys the anger in sadhus. om krodha-krte namah. om avisishtaya namah. SishTeshTah / a) He who is dear even to eminent persons. aviSishTah / a) He who is impartial to everyone. 313. b) He who cannot be distinguished. 316. krodha-hA / a) He who gave up His anger. om kartre namah. 311. om acutaya namah.
om vayu-vahanaya namah. 325. om adi-devaya namah. pranah / The Life-Breath. dhuryah / The Supporter. 322. om vasu-devaya namah. 331. vara-dah / The Grantor of boons.321. om varadaya namah. 336. 330. 337. 335. One who is of great reputation. pratishthitah / He who is self-dependent.
. prana-dah / The Life-Giver. om apam-nidhaye namah. apam-nidhih / The Sustainer of the waters of the ocean. vasavanujah / The younger brother of vasava or indra. 326. apramattah / The Vigilant. 333. c) He who helps the devotee in transcending the attachment to sthula. skanda-dharah / The Supporter of skanda. om prathitaya namah. adi-devah / The First Deity. om dhuryaya namah. om brhad-bhanave namah. d) He who brings an end to the bodies of all beings. om apramattaya namah. om pranaya namah. vasu-devah / He who pervades and sports. om skanda-dharaya namah. 332. om vasavanujaya namah. 323. om pratishthitsya namah. 327. Sloka 36
329. purandarah / a) The Destroyer of the cities. om adhishthanaya namah. prathitah / One who is famous. brhad-bhanuh / He of profuse luster. vayu-vahanah / He who has Vayu as His vehicle. 328. 324. adhishthanam / The Support. sukshma and karana sarIras. Om purandaraya namah. 334. skandha / He who dries up (destroys). b) The Destroyer of the sufferings from the adi-daivika causes. om skandaya namah. om pranadaya namah.
340. om taranaya namah. om sarira-bhrte namah. rddhah / One who keeps growing.
. c) The descendant of the group of people called Suras in the Yadava race. 349. 346. om sauraye namah. dasaratha. om suraya namah. padma-nabhah / One with a lotus-like navel. anukulah / One who is within bounds. mahakshah / a) He with a (vehicle of) powerful axle. om padmine namah. a-sokah / The dispeller of sorrows. 353. 352. c) He who maintains and manages several cycles . sarira-bhrt / The Protector of the bodies of everyone through food and lifeenergy. om anukulaya namah. 351. etc. om padma-garbhaya namah. Sloka 38
348. 344. om garuda-dvajaya namah. garuda-dvajah / One who has Garuda in His banner. om aravindakshaya namah. Prosperous. satavartah / a) He who has several incarnations to sustain dharma. om mahakshaya namah. om rddhaya namah. surah / The Valiant. saurih / a) The son of valiant people like vasudeva. b) He whose wealth is bubbling but not overflowing (like vortices). 342. b) The grandson of Sura.the cycle of samsara for all the beings. aravindakshah / The Lotus-eyed. 347. the cakras of grahas. 345. padmi / He who carries the lotus in His hand. tarah / The Savior. 339. om a-sokaya namah. 341. om vrddhatmane namah.338. the name of Vasudeva's father. 343. taranah / He who takes others to the other shore (a boat). vrddhatma / One who is full-grown. nakshatra-s etc. padma-nibhekshanah / One who has eyes which resemble the lotus. 355. om padama-nibhkshanaya namah. 350. b) One with Great Eyes. om maharddhaye namah. 356. 354. om satavartaya namah. padma-garbhah / He who is installed in a lotus. maharddhih / He of immense riches. janesvarah / The Lord of the people. om padmanabhAya namah. om janesvaraya namah. om taraya namah.
257. atulah / The Incomparable. om atulaya namah. 358. sarabhah / a) The Destroyer (of those who transgress the bounds of ethics). b) One who shines as the Inner Self. om sarabhaya namah. 359. bhimah / The Formidable. om bhimaya namah. 360. samayajnah / The Knower of the conventions. om samayajnaya namah. 361. havir-harih / Hari who is the recipient of the havis offered in the yajna. om havir-haraye namah. 362. sarva-lakshna-lakshanyah / a) He who is the abode of all the auspicious qualities, b) He who is the ultimate definition of all good qualities, c) He who is pointed to as the Ultimate Truth through all analysis, d) He who reveals Himself through everything around us. om sarvalakshana lakshanyaya namah. 363. lakshmIvan / He who is always with Lakshmi. om lakshmivate namah. 364. samtinjayah / He who is victorious in battles. om samitinjayaya namah.
365. viksharah / He who never wanes. om viksharaya namah. 366. rohitah / He who is of red complexion. om rohitaya namah. 367. margah / He who is sought after. om margaya namah. 368. hetuh / The Cause. om hetave namah. 369. damodarah / 1) He who has the worlds in His belly. 2) One who was tied around His waist by ropes by YaSodA. 3) One who has happiness for His
devotees. 4) One who is attained by observances such as dama. om damodaraya namah. 370. sahah / He who has patience. om sahaya namah. 371. mahidharah / The Supporter of the Earth. om mahIdharaya namah. 372. mahi-bhagah / He who is extremely Fortunate. om maha-bhagaya namah. 373. vegavan / He who is quick. om vegavate namah. 374. amitasanah / a) The voracious Eater. b) He who gives unlimited supply of food to His creations. om amitaaanaya namah. Sloka 41
375. udbhavah / a) He who removes the bondage. b) He who is beyond the bondage of samsara. c) He who is the origin of the Universe. om udbhavaya namah. 376. khsobhanah / The Creator of a commotion. om khshobanaya namah. 377. devah / He who sports Himself. om devaya namah. 378. srI-garbhah / a) He who has Lakshmi always with Him in His play as devah. b) He who has Lakshmi in Him in the form of the Universe. c) He who is the abode of all auspicious qualities (SrI). om sri-garbhaya namah. 379. paramesvarah / The Supreme Ruler. om paramesvaraya namah. 380. karanam / The Means. om karanaya namah. 381. karanam / The Cause - He who causes others to act. om karanaya namah. 382. karta / The Agent. om kartre namah. 383. vikarta / a) He who undergoes modifications. b) He who created the world of varieties. om vikartre namah. 384. gahanah / He who is deep and inscrutable. om gahanaya namah. 385. guhah / a) The Savior. b) One who hides Himself effectively from nondevotees. om guhaya namah. Sloka 42
386. vyavasayah / a) The Pivot (of the planets). b) One with a firm and resolute mind, One with True Knowledge about Self. om vyavasayaya namah. 387. vyavasthanah / The basis. om vyavasthanaya namah. 388. samsthanah / The final end. om samsthanaya namah. 389. sthana-dah / The Giver of the Supreme Abode. om sthanadaya namah. 390. dhruvah / The Stationary (Fixed). om dhruvaya namah. 391. pararddhih / He who is full of noble and auspicious qualities. om paraddhaye namah. 392. parma-spashtah / He whose greatness is explicit. om parama-spashtaya namah. 393. tushtah / He who is full of happiness. om tushtaya namah. 394. pushtah / He who is full of noble qualities. om pushtaya namah. 395. subekshanah / He who has auspicious eyes. om subhekshanaya namah. Sloka 43
396. ramah / a) He who delights others. b) He in whom everyone delights. om ramaya namah. 397. viramah / a) He before whom all become powerless. b) He who is the final goal of everyone. om viramaya namah. 398. virajo-margah / One who shows the faultless path. om virataya namah The Unattached. om margaya namah - He who is sought after. om virajomargaya namah - He who shows the flawless path. 399. neyah / He who lets Himself be governed (by His devotees). om neyaya namah. 400. nayah / He who draws everyone towards Himself. om nayaya namah. 401. anayah / He who cannot be spirited away. om anayaya namah.
402 virah / Valiant (See 664). om viraya namah. 403. saktimatam-sreshthah / The Greatest among the powerful. om saktimatam-sreshthaya namah. 404. dharmah / Virtue Incarnate. om dharmaya namah. 405. dharmavid-uttamah / The foremost among those who are conscious of dharma. om dharma-vid-uttamaya namah.
406. vaikunthah / Remover of obstacles (to union). om vaikunthaya namah. 407. purushah / The Purifier. om purushaya namah. 408. pranah / The vital air (Life-breath). om praaaya namah. 410. pranamah / a) He who makes others bow before Him. b) He who deserves to be worshiped. om pranamaya namah. 411. prthuh / Well-known. om prthave namah. 412. hiranya-garbhah / He who delights everyone's heart. om hiranya-garbhaya namah. 413. satru-ghnah / The Slayer of the enemies. om satru-ghnaya namah. 414. vyaptah / He who is full (of love and affection). om vyapataya namah. 415. vayuh / He who moves (towards His devotees). om vayave namah. 417. adhokshajah / He who does not get diminished. om adhokshajaya namah. Sloka 45
417. rtuh / Seasons (The Lord of Time who governs the seasons). om rtave namah. 418. sudarsanah / a) He of a delightful appearance that induces happiness in those who see Him. b) He whose vision leads to moksham. c) He whose eyes resemble the lotus petals. d) He who is seen easily by His devotees. om sudarsanaya namah. 419. kalah / a) He who draws all towards Himself. b) He who measures and sets a limit to everything. c) He who is Death or annihilation to all His enemies. d) He who measures everyone's karma and doles out the phala. om kalaya namah. 420. parameshthi / a) He who resides in the Supreme Abode, Sriviakuntham. b) He who resides in the Supreme cave of the heart. om parameshthine namah. 421. parigrahah / a) He who takes all with Him. b) He who is grasped on all sides by those who seek refuge in Him. c) He who accepts any offering by His devotees when offered with sincerity. d) He who has everything in this Universe under His control. om parigrahaya namah. 422. ugrah / The Formidable. om ugraya namah. 423. samvatsarah / a) He who resides (in the patala loka). b) He in whom everything resides. om samvatsaraya namah. 424. dakshah / He who is quick in action. om dakshaya namah. 425. visramah / a) The Place of Rest. b) One who provides rest to all the beings. om visramaya namah. 426. visva-dakshinah / a) He who is well-disposed towards all. b) He who offers the whole world as dakshina in the asva-medha yaga. c) He who is proficient in everything. d) He who is more proficient than everyone. om visva-dakshinaya namah. Sloka 46
427. vistarah / a) He who spreads (the Vedas). b) He who is spread out in everything. c) He who expands to contain everything (at the time of pralaya). om vistaraya namah. 428. sthavar-sthanuh / a) He who is tranquil after establishing the dharma in krita yuga. b) He in whom the earth etc. rest, c) He who is motionless, and in whom the earth etc. rest. om sthavar-sthanave namah. 429. pramanam / The Authority. om pramanaya namah.
maha-dhanah / He of great wealth. 434. om maha-makhaya namah. 443. maha-kosah / a) He who has a great treasure. Sloka 47
436. 435. dharma-yupah / He who is united with dharma. bhuh / The All-supporter. sthavishthah / He who is Immense. b) He who is self-fulfilled and does not have any other end to seek. om maha-dhanaya namah.He who is sought after. maha-makhah / The Great yajna-svarupi. arthah / The Goal . maha-bhogah / He who has objects of great enjoyment. om nakshatra-nemaye namah. bijam-avyayam / The Seed Imperishable. om samihanaya namah. 439. 431. om anarthaya namah.430. 442. anirvinnah / He who is never despondent. b) He who has great patience. om kshamaya namah.) in their respective posts. 445. kshamah / a) He who is competent. 438. 433. nakshatra-nemih / He who makes the stars move. 440. Sloka 48
. b) He in whom all forms diminish. 432. anarthah / a) He who is not the goal for some. nakshatri / He who has (supports) the stars. He who works towards the welfare of His creation. kshamah / a) He who is in a diminished form. om maha-bhogaya namah. om dharma-yupaya namah. c) He who is shielded by the five kosas or shields. om kshamaya namah. om a-nirvinnaya namah. om maha-kosaya namah. om bijaya avyayaya namah. om bhuve namah. 441. b) Well-wisher. b) He who is a Great Treasure. 437. om stahvishthaya namah. 444. om arthaya namah. samihanah / a) He who establishes all others (Indra etc. om nakshatrine namah.
458. su-vratah / a) He of good vows . om kratave namah. c) He who has a very sweet. nivrttatma / a) He whose mind is turned away from worldly desires. d) He who observes nityakarma-s in His incarnations just to set an example to us. kratuh / a) Object of worship through the sacrifices called kratus. om satraya namah. su-mukhah / He with a charming face. om sarva-darsine namah.to protect anyone who surrenders. b) He who is behind the actions of everybody or He by whom everything is done. om su-mukhaya namah. Sloka 49
456. b) He who protects the good people. jnanam-uttamam / The Greatest Knowledge. and sonorous voice. ijyayah / He who is the (only) object of worship. 452. b) He who did intense tapas in His nara-narayana incarnation. 448. mahejyah / He who is the best among the objects of worship. c) He who makes everything go. 455. om ijyaya namah. sarva-darsI / The All-Seer. delicate and difficult to comprehend. 450. om sukhsmaya namah. 447. 449. om uttamaya jnanaya namah or jnanaya uttamaya namah. 453. om su-ghoshaya namah. om mahejyaya namah. yajnah / The Sacrifice. b) He who is the atma of those who follow the nivrtti dharma. satam gatih / The Goal of the pious.. deep.446. 457. om satam-gataye namah.g. om su-vrtaya namah. su-ghoshah / a) He whose voice is itself the great Vedas. 459. 451. c) He who has good control of the offerings He accepts . satram / a) He who is worshipped by the sacrifice called satram. om yajnaya namah. om sarvajnaya namah.
.e. from the likes of kucela only. om nivrttatmane namah. sarvajnah / The Omniscient. b) He who is praised by the delightful voice of the Vedas. 454. sukshmah / Subtle.
473. 464. om naikatmane namah.460. hirnyakasipu and others). 467. om vIra-bahave namah. vatsi / a) He who possesses lots of calves. om vatsine namah. su-hrt / The good-hearted. 461. Sloka 51
. 468. Sloka 50
466. om vatsaraya namah. a True Friend. vatsarah / a) He who lives within all beings. vidaranah / a) He who cut (rahu. om svapanaya namah. om vidaranaya namah. om jita-krodhaya namah. om sukha-daya namah. om sva-vasaya namah. naikatma / He of diverse forms. 470. 474. 463. om mano-haraya namah. vIra-bahuh / He of mighty arms. om ratna-garbhaya namah. om vatsalaya namah. om su-hrde namah. dhanesvarah / The quick giver of wealth. jita-krodhah / He who has overcome anger. 471. 462. om vyapine namah. b) He in whom everything resides. om naika-karma-krte namah. ratna-garbhah / a) He who is in possession of abundant wealth. b) He who possesses lots of children whom He protects like a cow protects its calves. sva-vasah / He who is under His own control. 469. 472. om dhanesvaraya namah. svapanah / He who lulls people into sleep. vatsalah / The Affectionate. mano-harah / He who captivates the heart. 475. b) He who cuts the sins of His devotees. naika-karma-krt / He who performs diverse acts. b) He who is the source of everything that can give happiness. d) He who restored the calves to the gopas. sukha-dah / He who Bestows Bliss. 465. vyapi / The Pervader. c) He who is the Infinite Time.
sat / a) He who is commendable. 477. om sate namah. 478. 482. 484. om akshara-sate namah. om a-sate namah. dharma-gup / He who protects dharma. 479. b) sad-aksharam . b) He who is the cause of misery to those who do sinful acts. om krta-lakshanaya namah. 486. dharmi / He who has dharma as an instrument. dharma-krt / a) He who induces His devotees to follow dharma. b) He who practices dharma. 480. c) He who is non-existent for those who do not follow the path of dharma. krta-lakshanah / a) He who has prescribed the distinguishing characteristics for the pious. om dharma-gupe namah. asat-ksharam / He who moves away from the bad. om avijnatre namah. c) He who is in the form of good and meritorious acts. 483. b) He who is ever existent.
. 481. but existed in the past as well as will exist in the future.He who never forsakes the good. om vidhatre namah. om dharmine namah. sahasramsuh / He who has a thousand rays (of knowledge). c) He who has created the Vedas. b) The Supporter of the Universe. b) He who has created distinguishing marks for Himself. avijnata / The Non-cognizant. om sahasramsave namah. a-sat / a) That which does not exist now. c) The Creator of brahma. d) He who distinguished the different species by external and internal attributes. om asat-ksharaya namah. aksharam (sat) / a) He whose existence is never diminished or destroyed in any way. om dharma-krte namah. 485. vidhata / a) The (Supreme) Controller.476.
b) The Foremost Deity. 494. sattva-sthah / a) He who is in the hearts of the devotees. 491. adi-devah / a) He who is the first cause and is endowed with effulgence. go-patih / a) The Master of all words (Vedas as well as all languages).487. 493. b) He who took the nrisimha form. deva-bhrit / The Supporter of gods. b) He who enlightens everything by His effulgence. om adi-devaya namah. 489. uttarah / a) The Rescuer (of brahma and others from the asuras). e) Protector of all that moves around. 495. c) He who resides in all beings.] 499. om go-pataye namah. sarira-bhuta-bhrit / a) He who supports all the tattvas which constitute the sarira. c) He who swallows the three worlds at the time of pralaya. the Sun). c) The Protector of His bhakta's words. [This nama re-occurs as nama 600. g) The Lord of the (celestial) world. c) He who transcends the bounds of birth and transmigration. Sloka 53
496. om simhaya namah. om deva-bhrite namah. simhah / a) He who punishes (those who harm His devotees). [This nama reoccurs as nama 599. om sattva-sthaya namah. bhuta-mahesvarah / The Supreme Lord of all beings. om gurave namah. c) He who is most powerful. om goptre namah. d) Protector of the cows in His krishnavatara. maha-devah / The great Player. b) The Savior (of devotees from samsara). om gabhasti-nemaye namah. c) He who is the Center of the planetary system (viz. devesah / The Ruler of Gods. jnana-gamyah / He who is to be realized by knowledge. c) He who protects the
. om devesaya namah. 492. gabhasti-nemih / a) He who has the effulgent cakra as His weapon. 500. om puratanaya namah. b) The Protector of His own word. om bhuta-mahesvaraya namah. om jnana-gamyaya namah. om uttaraya namah. gopta / a) The Savior. guruh / The Preceptor. 490. puratanah / The Ancient. 501. and releases at the time of creation. f) The Lord of Mother Earth. 488. b) He who abides in sattva-guna. 497. om maha-devaya namah. b) He who hides Himself from non-devotees.] 498. b) He who supports all beings which are part of His body.
puru-jit / The Conqueror of all. b) He of firm resolve. b) He who. satya-sandhah / a) He whose promises are always true. c) He who was born in the race of dasarhah i. om amritapaya namah. kapindrah / a) The Lord of the monkeys. Sloka 55
. om satya-sandhaya namah. 509. om jayaya namah.. 506 .e. om vinayaya namah. accepts the soma juice by the householder performing the yajna. puru-sattamah / a) He who remains with the great.amritapah / The drinker of ambrosia. b) The Great Boar .devatas who are associated with different parts of the body. bhokta / The Enjoyer. 513. somah / a) The Nectar. om bhuri-dakshinaya namah. b) The moon. sattvatam-patih / The Lord of the sattvatas. jayah / a) He who is conquered. om purujite namah. om sattvatam-pataye namah. 512. 507. om kapindraya namah. om somaya namah. c) He who controls all movement in everything. in the form of the deity being invoked in a yajna.varaha. c) He who is extremely dexterous. b) He whose form is of cosmic dimensions. 514. 504. the Yadava race. dasarhah / a) He who is worthy of gifts. om somapaya namah. b) He who leads well. vinayah / a) The Subduer. om dasarhaya namah. 502. b) He who makes things grow fast and move fast. somapah / a) He who drank the soma juice after performing sacrificial offerings in His Rama incarnation. om Sarira-bhuta-bhrite namah.
505. b) He is worthy to be possessed as a gift. b) He who is victorious. om bhoktre namah. bhuri-dakshinah / a) The giver of liberal gifts. 503. 511. om puru-sattamaya namah. 508. and who is the best of all. 510.
524. om mukundaya namah. mukundah / He who gives moksha. ajah / a) He who is signified by the letter 'a'. 523. om ambho-nidhaye namah. f) He who is ever active in bestowing the effects of karma. 525. g) The collections of things that exist. b) He of the three great strides (trivikrama). d) He who goes where the devotee is. b) He who is not born. maharhah / He who is worthy of worship. vinayita / a) The Savior. c) He who is naturally without a beginning. antakah / He Who beings out the end of all. mahodadhi-sayah / He Who is reclining in the vast ocean. om svabhavyaya namah. om ajaya namah. b) He who is in the form of the Oceans. om antakaya namah. anantatma / The Inner Soul of ananta. 518. om amita-vikramaya namah.515. om maharhaya namah. om jivaya namah. b) He who shows the path to everyone. manes. 519. men. ambho-nidhih / a) He who has the waters as His abode (Kurma incarnation). jivah / He who gives true life to His devotees. c) He who drives away the darkness in the mind of the devotee. and asuras). sakshi / The Observer.
. b) He who is by nature fit to be the Master. 526. amita-vikramah / a) He of boundless valor. on anantatmane namah. 516. 520. 521. om mahodadhi-sayaya namah. 517. om sakshine namah. 522. c) He who sustains the Ambhas (devas. d) He who is present everywhere and in everything without exception. svabhavyah / a) He who is to be meditated upon by those who belong to Him. h) He who is everywhere and in everything. om vinayitre namah. e) He who is the cause of motion in the heart.
b) He Who protects those who have surrendered to Him without exception. om medinipataye namah. etc. b) The Master of the three states. b) He Who is both the Created and the Creator. medinipatih / The Lord or Protector of the Earth. nandah / He Who is full of things that are Blissful. anandah / He Who is Bliss. d) He Who has transcended the waking. om nandaya namah. om tri-vikramaya namah. 539. ahamkaram. om krtajnaya namah. 530. b) He Who is in the form of pranava mantra with three letters. om tridasadhyakshaya namah. b) He Who measured the three worlds with three strides. pramodanah / a) He who delights His devotees. om nandanaya namah. om tri-padaya namah. 538. om anandaya namah. maharshih / The Great Seer. etc. c) He Who pervades all the three worlds completely. maha-sringah / a) The Big-tusked Varaha. d) He Who triumphed over the worlds with three steps. nandanah / The Bliss-Giver. c) The Master of the three gunas. 537.
. c) He Who truly all the kalyana guna-s in perfection. krtajnah / a) He Who remembers the good deed done. and future. c) He Who knows everything about His Creation. b) He who has conquered anger.527. mamakaram. 529. 528. kamam.
534. tri-vikramah / a) He Who pervades the three Vedas. and deep-sleep states. om pramodanaya namah. b) He who is always joyful. 535. present. sleep. 532. jitamitrah / a) He who helps His devotees conquer enemies such as anger. b) He who took the matsya rupam with the big horn. satya-dharma / a) He Who performs His dharma truthfully. om satya-dharmane namah. c) He who has conquered His enemies such as ravana etc. 540. om mahasringaya namah. 531. c) He Who assumed the form of a Boar with three humps. tripadah / a) The Propounder of the three tattvas. om jitamitraya namah. 533. tridasadhyakshah / a) The Savior of the thirty-three gods. 536. kamam. om kapilacaryaya namah. om maharshaye namah. e) He Who is the Lord of the past. kapilacaryah / He Who is of brown complexion and also an acarya.
f) He who is known by Vedic sentences. om mahavarahaya namah. d) One who confers the Vedas. b) He who is the witness in everyone. Inexplicable. gahanah / a) He who is deep. gabhirah / He who is deep or mysterious. 547. c) The protector of cows. 549. 543. kanakangadi / He Who is adorned by armlets of gold. 545.541. mahavarahah / He Who appeared in the form of the Great Boar. 550. guptah / He who is hidden. b) He who kills death himself. cakragadadharah / The bearer of the discus and the mace.
. guyhah / He who is concealed. 544. om sushenaya namah. g) He who is responsible for all things that move. om kritantakrite namah. govindah / a) One who is praised by the gods (for His help). Impenetrable. b) One who dug out the Earth from the depths of the Ocean. om govindaya namah. om gahanaya namah. kritantakrit / a) The Slayer of hiranyaksha. om gabhiraya namah. sushenah / a) He who is equipped with a body with suddha sattva sakti-s that are like an army. om guhyaya namah. c) He who proclaimed the kritanta (siddhanta). e) He who rescued the Earth. d) He who brings about the end to the manifested condition of the Universe. 546. om guptaya namah. Sloka 58
542. om cakragadadharaya namah. om kanakangadaye namah. b) He Who has an army of auspicious associates. 548.
om acyutaya namah. and unconquerable. Sloka 60
. 555. ajitah / a) He who is unconquered. om svangaya namah. pushkarakshah / a) He Who has nourishing eyes. om dridhaya namah. moves by Himself. om krishnaya namah. and Unknowable except by deep devotion. 556. 558. g) The Dark. svangah / a) He who has the marks of sovereignty which are His own. 554. b) He Who has a great (highly capable) mind.). He is the Resort) for the wise. d) He who cultivates the Earth like a plough and makes it suitable for life forms to form and nourish. concrete vyuha forms for the benefit of His devotees. 553.. disease. words and deeds. c) The Creator. e) He who appeared as veda vyasa or krshna dvaipayana. b) The Son of varuNa. Mysterious. om vedhase namah. 557. b) He Who has beautiful lotuslike eyes. growth.551. c) One who undergoes no modifications such as birth. etc. d) He who is unconquered in His vow to protect those who have surrendered to Him. varunah / He Who envelops. d) He Who is huge and strong. om sankarshanaya namah. sankarshanah / He Who draws others near Him. d) He who. drdhah / a) He Who assumes firm. vrikshah / a) He Who provides shade like a tree (i. decay. om varunaya namah. c) He Who pervades all space. c) He Who removes the adversities of His devotees . 552. in the form of the Universe. varunah / a) He Who is with those who have sought Him as their Lord or svami. b) One who never lets His devotees slip. om varunaya namah . well-proportioned limbs. 560. 562. krshnah / a) One who is always in a state of Bliss (with His sport of creation etc. b) He who is both the Instrumental Cause and the Material Cause of the Universe. c) He who irresistibly attracts His devotees to Him through His infinite kalyana gunas. 561. c) He Who has a mind (intellect) with unlimited capability . om maha-manase namah. b) He Who is firm and determined in His thoughts. maha-manah / a) The Broad-minded. e) He Who shines as the light of consciousness when meditated upon in the lotus of the heart. c) He who has beautiful. om vrikshaya namah. b) He Who is firm like a tree. f) He who cultivates the minds of devotees by providing the veda-s in His incarnation as krishna dvaipayana. c) He who took the amsavatara in the 6th manvantara as ajitah to help in churning the Milk Ocean. d) He Who has the Sun and the Moon as His eyes. vedhah / a) The Provider.e. 559. b) The Dark-hued. acyutah / a) One who never slips from His glory. b) The Doer (of auspicious happenings). c) He Who is firmly established and cannot be negated as the Supreme Deity by counterarguments. om pushkarakshaya namah. om ajitaya namah. b) He who is the Chief of the Unconquerable place called ajita or srivaikuntha.
om vanamaline namah. f) He Who can bear the opposites . Om khanda-parasave namah.563. b) He Who is full of the six attributes. om halaydhaya namah. 570 sahishnuh / a) He Who is endowed with enormous patience. 568. 566. adityah / a) Son of Devaki who was Aditi in her previous birth. bhagaha / a) He Who is possessed of auspicious qualities. c) He Who glows like the sun . om sahishnave namah. om jyotir-adityaya namah. or om anandine namah. 564. from everyone during pralaya. who is attained through the bija mantra "A". om gati-sttamaya namah. nandi or anandi / a) He Who has nanda as His father.
. c) He Who knows the origin and the end of all beings. om nandine namah. om bhagaghne namah. om adityaya namah. and also because of His prosperity and the six gunas. om sudhanvane namah. c) He Who is ever happy by association with His devotees. halayudhah / One Who has the plough in His hand. 573. d) He Who conquers His foes. khanda-parasuh / He with the broken axe. b) He Who is ever blissful by Nature. e) He Who willingly accepts the offerings of His devotees. sudhanva / He Who has a splendid bow. c) The Ultimate Support and the Greatest of all beings. 567. 565. 569. 570. bhagavan / a) He Who is worthy of worship. c) He Who suffers patiently for us with perfect detachment. d) He from Whom moksha is obtained. gati-sattamah / a) The best instructor in the path of dharma. d) He Who gives Bliss to His devotees. b) Son of Aditi (and Kasyapa) in His Vamana incarnation. b) The Best among the refuges to be sought. om bhagavate namah. b) He Who gets rid of the wealth etc. b) He Who resides in the disc of the sun.like heat and cold. jyotir-adityah / a) The Resplendent Aditya. Sloka 61
572. c) Bhagavan Samkarshana. vanamali / He Who has the vanamala garland. b) He Who forgives.
578. Om sama-gaya namah.the totality of para tattvam. Sukla paksha and Krshna paksha. b) He who is merciless to those who deviate from the path of virtue. Om ayonijaya namah. 586. dravina-pradah / The Bestower of wealth. sarvadrk / The All-seer. e) By His being the antaryami for surya and the other planets. Om samne namah. 579. etc. b) He who is in the form of the Sama Veda Himself. 585.574. b) He who divided time as well as His creation into its various subdivisions (e. 583. c) He who is soft and sweet. b) by His being not only in the form of this Universe.). but also far beyond it. darunah / a) The Splitter. bhishak / The Physician. Om nirvanaya namah. vyasah / The Arranger. man from woman. a) He who sees everything . a) He who arranged the Vedas into its four divisions.. Surya from Candra. b) He who is in the form of knowledge of all forms. 584. Om sarvadrse namah. (See also 218) Om vacaspataye namah. Om vyasaya namah. c) He whose ornaments (like kaustubha) shine distinctly. 577. bheshajam / The Remedy. a) through His knowledge.g. b) He who is praised by the Sama. Om darunaya namah. b) He who is the embodiment of Bliss Himself. 587. b) The Institutor of the samnyasa asrama for the attainment of
. Om bhishaje namah. 575. divisprk / He Who touches the skies. the Puranas into 18. d) By His viavarupa revealed to arjuna. etc. sama / a) He who removes the sins of those who sing about Him. Om divisprse namah. sama-gah / a) The singer of sAma. day and night. Om bheshajaya namah. Om dravina-pradaya namah. vacas-patih / The Master of words. tri-sama / He who is propounded by the three-fold Sama Veda. c) By His vamana incarnation. a) He who is the cause of Bliss to His devotees. c) He who is the Creator of all forms that can see under different conditions. nirvanam / The Bliss. sannyasa-krt / a) He Who cuts asunder the bonds when desires are renounced. 582. Sloka 62
581. 576. ayonijah / The Unborn. 580. om trisamne namah.
b) The Lord of the indriyas.moksha. etc. Om kumudaya namah. Om santidaya namah 595. including during pralaya. 589. Om sannyasakrte namah.)
. Subhangah / a) He Who possesses and gives the eight auspicious accessories of yoga. om gopataye namah. Om subhangaya namah. parayanam / a) The Ultimate Means. (This nama also occurs later as nama 990. Slokam 53. b) He Who protected the cows by lifting the Govardhana mountain. Om parayanaya namah. gopatih / a) The Lord of the Celestial world.He Whose nature is Calmness. movement. om kuvalesayaya namah. Om srashtre namah. 592. c) He Who has a form that bestows mangalam to those who meditate on It. nishtha / a) The object of concentration. srashtA / The Creator. Om Santaya namah. b) The Best Goal. Om gohitaya namah. 591. Om nishthayai namah. (This nama also occurs as nama 813. d) He Who makes everything auspicious by His presence.) 596. c) He Who shows the path of Saranagati to His devotee. c) The Ultimate Support. b) He who instructs that control of mind is the principal dharma for samnyasin. 594. santi-dah / The bestower of eternal peace. b) The object of meditation. (This nama occurred earlier as nama 497. b) He Who is reclining in the waters surrounding this earth. b) The stable Abode of all during pralaya. kuvalesayah / a) The Controller of the jivas who wander in this world with the thought that they are the masters of their bodies. Santah / He whose mind is always tranquil. 590. d) He Who has absolute control of mind . Om Samaya namah. 588.
593. Samah / a) He Who instructs on how to control anger etc. Om santaye namah.) 597. santih / a) Peace. c) He Who has the Best Abode to seek. 598. The same nama occurs again as nama 788. gohitah / a) He Who looks after the welfare of the world. b) He Who has a handsome form. c) He who controls all beings. e) He who puts an end to the darkness in His devotees' mind. ku-mudah / He who is happy in His relation to this world in various forms. 599.
Om Srivatsa vakshase namah. Om kshema-krte namah. Om goptre namah.) 601. 608. 607. form etc.600. b) He Who does not turn away from His battles with the asuras. d) He whose creations never turn back in their shape. Om samksheptre namah. (This nama occurred earlier as nama 498. c) He whose nature is that He is free from the bonds of samsara. anivarti / a) He who does not turn away those who are inclined to come back to this world. b) He who. srivatsa-vakshah / He who has the Srivatsa mole on His chest. Om anivartine namah. f) He who naturally turns away from the objects of senses. kshema-krt / a) He who does what is good for His devotees. at the time of cosmic dissolution. samkshepta / a) He who constrains or limits (the field of light of knowledge of those who practice the pravrtti dharma).
. b1) He Whose Eyes shower all fruits desired. d) He whose mind is turned away from worldly attachments. Sloka 64
603. sivah / a) He who gives auspicious things to His devotees. b) He who protects what has been acquired by His devotees. 605. vrshapriyah / a) dharma-lover. nivrttatma / a) He whose Nature is superior to other things. Om Sri-vasaya namah. c) He in whom the whole Universe rests at the time of pralaya. b) Dear to the virtuous. 604. b) He who purifies those who meditate on Him. srI-vasah / The Abode of Lakshmi. contracts the expansive Universe into a subtle state. e) He whose mind turns away from any feeling of self-glory over His kirti or fame. om vrshabhakshaya namah. Om Sivaya namah. 606. Slokam 53. d) He who resides in everything and everywhere. g) He who does not turn away from anywhere because of He is Omnipresent. 602. gopta / The Protector. vrshabhakshah / a) He Who is the Support for the cycle of samsara in the form of dharma. om nivrttatmane namah. c) He Who does not turn away from dharma under any circumstance. Om vrsha-priyaya namah. till pralaya. b) He who is the atma of those who practice the nivrtti dharma. b2) He who has dharma as His objective. 609. c) He who minimizes the misfortunes of His devotees.
619. b) He who makes Lakshmi's fame (vivhavam) known to everyone. om srinivasaya namah.610. kiritam. 611. 614.
612. 616. b) The Support of Lakshmi. SriSah / a) He Who is the Isa or Lord of Sri. 613. keyuram. katakam. and deep sleep. om Srinivasaya namah. loka-trayasrayah / a) He Who is the Resort for all three worlds. Srinivasah / a) The Abode of Lakshmi. b) He who confers Sri (spiritual wealth) on the devotees. Om srimatam-varaya namah. Om loka-trayasrayaya namah. Om sridharaya namah. Om sreyassrImate namah. c) He who makes His devotees shine with Sri (glory). Srikarah / a) He who makes Lakshmi (follow Him in His incarnations). Om Sri-karaya namah. 620. b) He in whom all wealth resides. b) The Best among those who possess knowledge of the Vedas. d) He who resides where Lakshmi resides. b) He who is decorated with the exquisitely beautiful wealth of ornaments such as His nupuram. srI-patih / a)The Consort of Lakshmi. Srinidhih / a) He who has Lakshmi as His wealth. d) He who has taken the hand of Sri (Mahs Lakshmi). Sridah / The Giver of Glories. etc. c) He who dwells in purified hearts. om Srisaya namah. c) He who is the treasure house for Sri. including moksham (nitya-sri). 615. sreyas-sriman / a) He that has Lakshmi who is resorted to by devotees for attaining the good. 618.
. srImatam-varah / a) The Best Among those who possess affluence. b) He who is the substratum for the worlds-of-experiences of waking. dream. Srivibhavanah / a) He who owes His greatness to Lakshmi. om Sridaya namh. Om srI-pataye namah. om srivibhavanaya namah 617. b) The Master of the Supreme Cosmic Power. a) He who bestows greatness on all according to their karma. b) He Who has Sri as His Ruler. Sridharah / The Bearer of Sri.
udirnah / a) He Who visibly manifests Himself through His incarnations. and sees everything through His consciousness. vijitAtmA / a) He whose mind has been conquered (by His devotees). sat-kIrtih / He of true renown. svakshah / The Beautiful-Eyed. Om vidheyatmane namah. 628. 625. sva'ngah / The Lovely-bodied. Om nandaye namah. Om Satanandaya namah. Om jyotir-ganesvaraya namah. b) The Lord of the luminaries (the stars. sarvatash-cakshuh / a) He Who is visible to the eyes of all. Om udirnaya namah. moon. etc. SatAnandah / He of infinite Bliss. 632. 622. 631. 626.Sloka 66
621. Sloka 67
630. Om sarvatash-cashushe namah. Om sva'ngaya namah.). b) He who has eyes everywhere. jyotir-gaNeSvarah / a) The Lord of the host of lustrous deities (nitya suris). vidheyAtmA / a) He who is of a submissive nature (to His devotees). 629. b) He who has conquered His Mind. Om vijitatmane namah. b) He who has the jiva-s as subservient to Him. 624. Om sat-kirtaye namah. sun. 627. Om chinna-samsayaya namah. nandih / He who is ever delighted. c) If a-vidheyatma. anisah / a) He Who is not the Master. b) He Who has no one above Him as the Master. 623.
. Om anisaya namah. c) He who elevates His devotees to His level. then He who is subservient to no one. chinna-samSayah / The Dispeller of all doubts. Om svakshaya namah. b) He who is superior to all beings.
639. Om bhushanaya namah. d) He Who exists in the forms of all His creations. a) He who wears the ornament of saulabhyam as His bhushanam. 637. Om arcishmate namah. c) He Who is the cause of all glory in His creations.633. Om bhutaye namah. d) He in whom the whole world rests at the time of pralaya. arcishman / He Who has great luster. Om visuddhatmane namah. 634. Om visodhanaya namah. 636. sasvata-sthirah / He Who is eternally existent and steady.
. 641. c) He who adorns this world with His different incarnations at His wish. b) He Who shines in this world. 635. bhushaNah / He Who becomes adorned. asokah or visokah / He Who is without sorrow. c) He who lies inside every one of His creations as their antaryami. sokanasanah / The Destroyer of sorrows. b) He Who is the personification of Glory. Om asokaya namah. 638. c) He Who fills this world with His fame. 642. kumbhah / a ) He Who is an object of desire. 643. Om kumbhaya namah. 640. 644. bhutih / a) He Who is wealth to His devotees. d) He in Whom everything is contained. apratirathah / The Matchless. visodhanah / The Purifier. b) He Who lay on the sea shore on His way to SrilankA. e) He who beautifies this world by His variety of creations. Om bhusayaya namah. visuddhatma / He of a pure nature. arcitah / He Who is worshipped. e) He Who envelops the earth. Om sasvatasthiraya namah. bhusayah / a) He who lies in His arca form wherever the devotee installs Him. or He Who adorns. Om sokanasanaya namah. Om arcitaya namah. Om apratirathaya namah. aniruddho / om aniruddhaya namah 645. d) He Who adorns every creature by His being their antaryami. b) He who is decorated with all kinds of different and wonderful ornaments as described by emperumanar in Sri Saranagati gadyam.
b) The Destroyer of the asura by name kalanemi. 649. virah saurih. c) He who is the source or origin of Brahma and Siva. Thus the two names are chosen from vIrah. 648. b) He Whose wealth is of a superior order. tri-lokatma / a) He who ever moves about in the three worlds. we will note that there are different versions of this Sloka in use. Saurir-vIrah. pradyumnah / a) He Who illumines the jivas. tri-lokesah / The Ruler of the three worlds. sura-janesvarah / The Chief of the sura-s or the valiant people. c) He Who sets the direction for the sun who is the controller of Time. virah surah. Om tri-lokesaya namah. d) He who is the source of the rays emanating from the Sun etc. e) The Slayer of Kesi. Om surajanesvaraya namah. g) One who has adhipatyam over water (oceans etc. (This nama has been presented earlier as nama 342.). Saurih. or He Who is born in the race of suras. amitavikramah / He of immeasurable steps. 654 (23). om pradyumnaya namah. 647. h) One who has adhipatyam over the different kinds of sukham (including moksham). f) The tormentor of His enemies. surah / The Valiant. 651. 653. Om kesavaya namah. b) He Who makes the three worlds move about. Om amitavikramaya namah. b) He whose hair is of supreme fragrance. c) He Who is the atma for everything in all the three worlds. d) He Who is endowed with great strength. etc. Saurih surah.) 650. Slokam 37. Om tri-lokatmane namah. b) A reference of Sauri rajap perumal of tirukkannapuram c) He Who is ever valiant and victorious. a Yadava clan.
. and Surah. depending on the patham that is being used. c) The Bestower of all desires. Om sauraye namah. d) He Who is beyond the wheel of Time. 652. om kala-nemi-nighne namah.646. where the namas 649 and 650 occur as follows. saurih / a) The son of Sura (another name for Vasudeva). kalaneminiha / a) The destroyer of the wheel of ignorance of Time. Om suraya namah.
At the outset. kesavah / a) One who has beautiful locks of hair.
c) He Who has given us the Srutis and the Smrtis. 658. in their functions. b) He who has propounded the Pancaratra Agamas. Om anantaya namah. virah / a) The Valiant. b) The Protector of those who desire Him. Surya. kantah / a) He Who is charming. kama-devah / a) The One who grants all desires. 656.krtagamah / a) The Revealer of the sacred mantra-s to the pure-minded. Indra. d) The Destroyer of the Universe at the time of pralaya. 659. vishnuh / The Pervader. showing their backs. kesiha / a) He who killed the asura by name Kesi. Om kama-devaya namah.
. anantah / a) The Limitless. f) He Who appears to His devotees again and again in whatever form they desire. b) One who is beyond the reach of those who are not of pure mind. Om kantaya namah. om haraye namah. Om kama-palaya namah. c) He Who wards off samsara with its cause from His devotees. Om kesighne namah. d) He Who makes the enemies tremble in front of Him and run. 663. anirdesya-vapuh / a) He of indefinable form. b) The Lord who is desired by those who seek the four purusharthas. om krtagamaya namah. c) He Who destroys His enemies. kami / a) He who has all things that are desirable. 664. 660. 662. c) He Who is present everywhere. and Effulgent. b) He Who causes the end of Brahma at the end of his period. b) The swift Mover (into the hearts of His devotees or against demons). b) He who directs Agni. Om vishnave namah. om kamine namah.655. e) He who victoriously entered the gathering of His kith and kin after slaying Kesi. harih / a) The green-hued. Om vIraya namah. 665. b) He who is of fulfilled desires. d) He from Whom the krita yuga emerged. kama-palah / a) The Protector of the gifts that He bestows. Om anirdesya-vapushe namah. 661. Vayu etc. Sloka 70
kamadevah kama-palah kami kantah krtagamah | anirdesyavapurvishnur viro'nanto dhananjayah || 657. b) He Who removes the distress of His devotees.
Om brahma-vivardhanaya namah. b) One Who manifested Himself as Arjuna. om brahmavide namah. 673. Veda. Om brahma-krt-brahmane namah.prakriti.666. brahmanyah / a) He who is beneficial to all the big things both acetana and cetana. Paramatma. brahmanah / The Instructor of the Vedas. brahma / The Supreme Brahman. the creator of big things. both seen and unseen. and those that can only be inferred. om brahamnaya namah. namely the Veda. Om brahmanyaya namah. b) He Who restored the Vedas during His Matsya incarnation. b) He Who is specially liked by the brahamanas. b) He Who grows and nurtures everything in a big way. 669. brahmana-priyah / a) He for Whom the brahamanas are of special liking. namely prakriti and atman. penance. b) He who is beneficial to Brahman. brahma-krt-brahma / The Creator Who created Brahma. om brahamna-priyaya namah. etc. Sloka 71
667. etc. 674. brahmans well-versed in scripture. Om brahmane namah. brahmi / a) He who possesses all that goes by the term brahma . Om dhananjayaya namah. brahmavit / a) The Knower of the Vedas. b) He Who has the four-faced Brahma in His nabhikamalam. 675. brahma-vivardhanah / a) He Who makes dharma grow.
. om brahmajnaya namah. brahmanjah / The Knower of the inner meaning of the Vedas. Purusha. c) He Who knows everything big. the conqueror of wealth. 671. 672. Isvara. 670. om brahmine namah. 668. dhananjayah / a) He Who surpasses all other wealth in being desired.
Om mahoragaya namah. om mahayajvane namah. b) He Who manifests Himself in the form of the best of yajnas. c) He Who is worshiped by the great jnanis. c) He Who can be worshiped in many ways d) He Who is the Great Sacrifice (that gives the best results). c) He Who accepts the whole Universe as havis at the time pralaya. b) He of the three great strides (in His Trivikrama incarnation).676. mahayajnah / a) He Who is the best among those to be worshiped. b) He Who can be easily worshiped. mahoragah / a) He Who is great. Om mahayajnaya namah. c) He Who manifests Himself in the form of the great serpent Ananta. Vasuki. mahahavih / a) He Who is worshiped with supreme oblations. mahatejah / He of great Resplendence. Om mahakarmane namah. d) He Whose Feet are great (to surrender). c) He Whose strides are great in that He reaches everything faster than anyone else. and blesses us. or He Who is worshiped through great sacrifices. e) He Who performed the great sacrifice called the pancaratra kratu. Om mahahavishe namah. Om mahakratave namah. b) He Who manifests Himself in the form of the great Offering. 682. 680. Om mahatejase namah. mahakarma / He of great actions. etc. 681. d) He Who has the serpent ananta as His bed. mahakratuh / a) He Who is worshiped by the great yagas. 683. e) he Who traverses everywhere in the form of the Sun with His broad chest. and enters into our heart (uras). mahayajva / a) He Who performs great sacrifices. 678. b) He Who has a great heart (uras). mahakramah / a) He Who provides easy step-by-step access for the elevation of His devotee.
. 679. om mahakramaya namah 677. b) He Who has the special class of devotees (mahayajvas) of a superior nature.
692. 693. om stava-priyaya namah. b) He Who delights in the auspicious sounds in places of worship. 685.
. stavyah / a) He Who is worthy of praise. stotram / The Eulogy Incarnate. b) He Who is excellent in performing pious activities. b) He Who is also the form of the Eulogizer of Bhagavan. purayita / The Fulfiller of the desires of His devotees. c) He Who moves around happily in the form of the Sun etc. Om stotre namah. stava-priyah / He Who is pleased by the praise in whatever form it is offered. Om purayitre namah. b) He Who is praised by all. 689. but who does not have to praise anyone else. stutah / He Who is praised. etc. stota / a) He Who praises those who extol Him.kirtih / He Whose kirti or praise is also purifying (in addition to Him being the Purifier). 688. Om rana-priyaya namah. anamayah / a) He Who removes the disease of samsara. 694. b) He Who is beyond pain or suffering . karma-related. Om purnaya namah. 686. Om stutaya namah. Om punya-kirtaye namah.internal. rana-priyah / a) He Who delights in battle. Om punyaya namah. 690. om anamayaya namah.684. punyah / a) The Purifier. punya. 687. 691. purnah / He Who is complete. Om stavyaya namah. Om stotraya namah. external.
699. e) He Who lives in everything and Who keeps them moving around. b) He Whose mind is always with vasudeva.695. b) He Who is satisfied or pleased. 700. b) The Best of wealth that is sought after. Om vasu-pradaya namah. tIrtha-karah / a) He Who is the source of the holy waters. Om mano-javase namah. vasuh / a) The Dweller (in the hearts of His devotees). g) He Who has complete knowledge of the type of body and other needs of all beings. vasu-manah / a) He Who has a Mind which thinks of His devotees as a treasure. e) He Who has a mind which is filled with vatsalyam to His devotees. g) He Who is the final dwelling place for all. c) He Who is the cause or origin of the universe. without any afflictions. 696. Om vasave namah. c) He Whose touch of hand is purifying. 698. d) He Who provides the place for dwelling for all beings. vasu-retah / a) The Source of Luster. mano. c) The Bestower of moksham. Om vasu-retase namah.
. havih / a) The Sacrificial Offering. b) He Who shines like gold in the context of creation. b) The Giver of Glory or Dignity. d) He Who has a pure mind (He dwells in every thing without distinction). Om vasu-manase namah. 697. f) He Who has a mind that leads to His removing the difficulties of His devotees. 703. c) He Who resides in the Milk-Ocean. f) He Who conceals Himself (from those who are not devoted to Him). d) He Who is in the form of the vasu-s. c) The presiding Deity of the well-known 12-lettered vasu-deva mantra. b) The Son of vasudeva.javah / He Who is swift as thought. d) He Who has provided simple steps to access Him through His various incarnations. c) He Who has a golden mind . vasu-devah / a) He Who pervades and sports. Om vasudevaya namah. Om havishe namah.pure. h) He Whose mind was with bhishma as he lay in his death-bed of arrows. d) The Deity Who is adored by His devotees. vasu-pradah / a) The Giver of Treasure (in the form of Himself). b) He Who makes us cross over the ocean of samsara. e) He Who lives in everything and in whom everything lives. 701. 702. Om tirtha-karaya namah.
b) He Who is Best among those who strive (for the redemption of the jiva-s). g) One Who has no end (alam . 708. 707. c) He Who has superior intellect. bhutavasah / a) He Who is the abode of all creatures. / Om vasu-devaya namah. c) He Who receives the prana sakti as His own and functions in the form of the jivatma (Sri Samkara). 710. vasudevah. for the good. c) The dwelling place of the Great Elements. Sloka 76
713. 719. om satparayanaya namah. d) He Who lifts up and protects the jivas during the time of pralaya. c) He Who is proud.end). 709. d) He Who is beyond smell etc. Om darpaghnaya namah.end). Om sannivasaya namah. Om bhutavasaaya namah. sadbhutih / a) The wealth. 706. 705. c) He Who is difficult to be held in
. b) The Bestower of beauty and attractiveness in everything. d) He Who manifests Himself in infinite forms. om yadu-sreshthaya namah. b) He Who is attended by the good Yamunas. satta / Existence Incarnate.opposition). f) He Who is in the form of Fire. b) He Who is Himself the right path for the good. c) He Who has the good people as His support. adrptah / a) He Who is not proud Himself. h) One Who has no opposition (alam . Om analaya namah. i) He who rejuvenates His devotees who intensely long for Him (an pranane ).704. Om sad-gataye namah. and full of good actions. Om suyamunaya namah. satparayanam / a) The Support for the good. 718. Om adrptaya namah. b) He Who is endowed with rich glories (aisvaryam). e) He Who is unlimited (in His Glories) (alam . satkrtih / He of lovable acts.paryapti . yadu-sreshthah / a) The pre-eminent among the Yadavas. Om sarvasunilayaya namah. c) He Who has beautiful collyrium in His eyes. 716. sannivasah / The Abode of the saintly. c) He Who alone truly exists. Or driptah. om darpa-daya namah. 720. 714. darpa-dah / a) The Bestower of pride (to His devotees). [This nama has been covered under nama 700] 715. b) He Who keeps everything that moves around. d) He Who is attainable by the good. b) He Who dwells in the hearts of His devotees. in all forms. sarvasunilayah / The Abode and support of all souls. Om sura-senaya namah. om sad-bhutaye namah. b) He Who cannot tolerate the offense committed to His devotees. 711. b) He Who is ever happy. suyamunah / a) He with the delightful sport in the Yamuna river. 717. sadgatih / a) He Who who provides the right path for the good. b) He Who cannot be constrained by the evil-minded (Duryodhana). durdharah / a) He Who is difficult to control (as child Krishna). darpaha / The Destroyer of pride. sura-senah / a) He with a valiant army. analah / a) He Who is never satisfied that He has done enough for His devotees.paryapti . 712. Om sattayai namah. b) The supreme Goal for the good. bound together and functioning as a unit. Om satkrtaye namah.
b) He Who is immensely worthy of worship. amurtiman / a) He Who has even the subtle and formless things as His possessions.) for life to be sustained. 728. and thus One Who has no fixed forms. of His devotees. Satamurtisa / He with a hundred forms.concentration (except by those of trained mind). Om satamurtaye namah. visvamurtih / a) He Who has the Universe as His body. d) He Who is viewed in different "faces" (in different ways) by different faiths. etc. mouth. inflexible. b) He Who Forms that are not the result of karma. c) He Who has maya sakti in the form of the Universe. aparajitah / The Invincible. 727. Om aparajitaya namah. 726. eyes. Om durdharaya namah. 724. Om amurtimate namah. anekamurtaye / He of many forms. Om visva-murtaye namah. Om avyaktaya namah.. 721. avyaktaha / He Who is not manifest. Om satananaya namah. Om diptamurtaye namah. mahamurtih / a) He of Immense form. 723. d) He Who has Forms that are indescribable. satanana / a) He Who is many-faced. e) He Who takes whatever Forms He pleases as His incarnations. 729. He Who cannot be easily realized. c) He Who has created various life-forms and provided easy means for their survival.
. b) He Who has provided many different means (such as nose. etc. c) He Who has a disposition that is not hard. and not fixed. 725. d) He Who has a Form that can induce maya in everything. diptamurtih / He with a shining form. etc. Om anekamurtaye namah.
722. b) He Who has a beautiful Form that finds entry into the mind. Om mahamurtaye namah.
d) One Who is attained through mauna. madhavah . sah .a) He Who increases (the jnanam and bhakti about Him in the devotees). f) The nAma that reveals the eternal relationship of the Mother and Father with the rest of the Universe. bhakta-vatsalah . e) One Who is born in the race of madhu.The Dweller. c) He Who destroys all obstacles to His devotees. om bhakta-vatsalaya namah
. d) He Who shines in the world. d) One Who provides instructions as a kinsman on what is right and what is wrong through the SAstra-s. om vaya namah 734. b) He Who goes to the devotees who makes offerings to Him through yajna.One Who is Unique and matchless in all respects. a yAdhava. f) He Who rules over the world. etc. b) That Which already exists.a) The Relative of the World. om ekaya namah 731.a) The Protector of the world. naikah. om loka-nathaya namah 741. b) He Who bestows aisvaryam on all as a result of His unlimited aiSvaryam. loka-nathah .He Who is not One only.730. vah . om naikaya namah 732. c) He Who takes the devotees to Him. c) He Who is sought after or prayed by all. padam anuttamam .The Consort of Lakshmi.).a) The Supreme Goal. om tate namah 738. b) He Whose praise is sung by His devotees. b) One to Whom everything is bound since He is their Support. d) He Who is easily accessible. g) One for whom there is no Lord above. and Who dwells everywhere (savah).a) Affectionate towards the devotees. om padaya anuttamAya namah 739. ekah . c) That from Which everything in this Universe came about. e) One Who limits everything through things such as limited life etc. c) He Who expands the Universe from its subtle form to its visible form. om yate namah 737. b) He Who is the final authority on all knowledge. or He Who regulates the world by energizing. b) He Who increases the kIrti (fame) of His devotees. tat . loka-bandhuh . d) He Who is not seen by senses etc. e) He Who comforts or blesses the world. om kaya namah 735.a) He Who spreads knowledge. kah . to the point of being pointed out as "He" by the youngsters of Ayarpadi. om saya namah 733. om loka-bandhave namah 740. kim . b) The Bestower or Propounder of Knowledge about Himself. dhyAna and yoga. c) He Who is the personification of happiness. yat . Who is He. om madhavaya namah 742. What is He. c) One Who is attained through the madhu vidyA. c) He Who is fit to be enquired about or sought after.a) He Who takes efforts.a) He about Whom all questions are asked by seekers of Truth (such as .Where is He. b) He Who is invoked or praised through words by devotees. om kime namah 736. e) He Who is of the form the soma sacrifice (when the nAma is taken as savah). g) He Who gives troubles as needed to those who need to be disciplined. b) The Unexcelled Protector of His devotees.a) He Who shines. c) One to Whom everything is related since He is their Best Friend their Father. a) The Consort of MA or Lakshmi. who are dear to Him like a calf to the cow. f) He Who is the final Knowledge. d) He Who remains an unanswered Question Mark when approached through "intellection".
b) He Who is desirous of the butter in the gopis' houses.a) He Who swerves.).suvarna-varno hema'ngo vara'ngah candana'ngadI | vira-ha vishamah sunyo ghrtasir_acalas_calah || 743. sunyah . b) He for Whom there is no equal. c) He Who has a lovable Form that is pleasing to those who meditate on Him.a) The Slayer of the strong demons. om viraghne namah 748. b) He Who is besmeared with pleasing sandal. c) The Destroyer of the bonds of yama. om suvarna-varnaya namah 744. om acalaya namah 752) calah . hema'ngah . om sunyaya namah 750. d) He Who has a'ngada as His pleasing devotee. d) He Who enjoys the offering of ghee in the homa etc. om candana'ngadine namah 747. e) He Who provides different ways for His creations to move around.a) He of unequal (conflicting) acts towards His devotees vs. c) He from Whom all desires have flown away.The golden-hued. d) He Who is full of leelas. ghrtasIh . b) He Who is without any attributes (advaita interpretation). f) He Who is accompanied by Garuda and Vayu when destroying the asura-s. etc. or is present everywhere. om ghrtasishe namah 751. power. candana'ngadI . om calaya namah
. g) He Who ends the various paths that go from birth to birth. because He is everywhere already. b) He Who has beautiful limbs. om vara'ngaya namah 746. c) He Who rushed out of SrI vaikunTham at the cry for help from Gajendra.a) He Who displayed His Divine Form to devaki in response to her prayers. e) He Who is not accessible when we seek Him through our senses. c) He Who does not move anywhere.He Who is adorned with delightful armlets. c) He Who destroyed the effect of the poison that was consumed by rudra during the churning of the Milk Ocean. vara'ngah . His enemies. om hema'ngaya namah 745. d) He Who cleans out everything at the time of pralaya. b) The Destroyer of those who indulge in vain arguments and distract others from meditating on Him. viraha . wisdom. a-calah . c) He Who goes everywhere.a) He Who sprinkles the world with prosperity. c) He Who provides us all with the means and ways to be happy. d) He Who leads the jivas to moksha by showing them the right path.He of golden-hued limbs. b) He Who moves (in the form of vAyu etc. vishamah . om vishamaya namah 749.a) He Who is devoid of defects when He takes births as one of us.a) He Who is unshakable against His enemies. suvarna-varnah . b) He Who is immutable in His nature.
c) He Who removes the false understanding of Atman in true seekers. dharadharah . dream and deep sleep). 761.
tejo-vrsho dyut-dharah sarva-aastra-bhrtam-varah pragraho nigraho vyagro naika-sr'ngo gadagrajah
763. Om dyuti-dharaya namah.a) He Who is not proud. c) He of true knowledge .a) He Who supported the Mountain (govardhana). nigrahah . 757. pragrahah . dyuti. 767.of the Vedas and their numerous branches. b) He Who does not mistakenly identify things such as the body with Atman. Om su-medhase namah. 754.honest.a-manI manado manyo loka-svamI tri-loka-dhrt | su-medha medhajo dhanyah satya-medha dhara-dharah
753. b) He Who supports the earth. tejo-vrshah . 758. Om loka-svamine namah.dharah . d) He Who showers His fierce weapons on His enemies in defense of His devotees.The Controller. the worlds below. Om nigrahaya namah. c) He Who showers His radiance on everything. su-medhah . tri-loka-dhrt .with foresight and minuteness. Om manadaya namah. Om tejo-vrshaya namah.a) He Who honors others.The Master of the Universe. 756.varah .a) He Who showers His splendor on His devotees in the form of His protection. 759. Om a-manine namah. mana. b) He Who is realized as a result of sacrifices. and earth in the middle).The Well-Intentioned. Om dhanyaya namah. c) He Who makes His presence in the gatherings of bhakta-s. b) He Who showers rain through the sun. manyah . loka-svamI . c) He Who is beyond all measure in all respects. Om medhajaya namah. sarva-Sastra-bhrtam. a-manI . medha. or denies rewards for the unrighteous (Sa'nkara).a) He Who was born as a result of a sacrifice. 766. b) He Who has a firm control over all creation. or induces a false sense of Atman in non-seekers (Sa'nkara). Om satya-medhase namah.dah . Om manyaya namah. 755. dhanyah .The Best among those warriors who are armed with all weapons.The Object of honor. e) He Who gives a measure and dimension to everything in the Universe. d) He Who gives spiritual enlightenment to His devotees. Om sarva-sastra-bhrtam-varaya namah.a) The Subduer. b) The Supporter of the three states of experience (waking.He Who possessed a majesty. b) He of true knowledge .
. satya-medhah . Om dharadharaya namah. straightforward. Om tri-loka-dhrte namah. Om prgrahaya namah. 760. 762.jah .a) He of true thoughts . 765. 764.The Blessed. b) He Who confers rewards on His devotees.a) He Who supports the three worlds (the worlds above.
c) He Who manifests Himself as purusha. c) He Who moves around in many different ways. d) He Who is the goal of the four varna-s and the four asramas. e) He Who has many dimensions to His Lordship (prabhutvam). vyaghra. balarama. 774. g) He Who is the
.He of Four Forms. and maha purusha. pradyumna. om catur-gataye namah. e) He Who is behind the functions of manas.a) He Who was very enthusiastic (to destroy the enemies of His devotee during the mahAbhArata war). f) He Who has many aspects to His role as a Bestower of His devotees' wishes. b) He Who had four manifestations in His vibhava form (as krshna. e) He Who is in the form of four divisions of speech (three veda-s.768. b) He Who can be brought under control (realized) through the four horns in the form of the four veda-s. buddhi.a) He Who is in the form of the four purushartha-s. catur-vyuhah . f) He Who has four kinds of greatness (vyuha = mahima). jijnasu. catur-atma . brahma. c) He Who pervades those who walk and talk (gada + agra + jah). Om gadagrajaya namah. and turiya. b) He Who provides the four goals: indra. Om vyagraya namah. and ordinary speech). gadagrajah . h) He Who has many rays of effulgence radiating from Him.He Who is not confused . 775. c) He Who can be controlled (reached) through the Omkara.a) He of the form of four Emanations (vyUha forms). and jnanI). ukara. preservation and destruction. b) He Who has no end. and aniruddha). veda purusha. chandah purusha. 773. and ahankAra. vyagrah . b) He Who was born as a result of mantra. and nada. 772. and simha gati).a) The elder brother of gada. makara. d) He Whose Supremacy is established by the four-fold Vedas. catur-bahuh . c) He Who has the four gaits (vrshabha. prajna. b) He Who has four manifestations in His vibhava incarnations of Krishna and Rama. Om naika-sr'ngaya namah. d) He Who is skilled in keeping His atma pure from attachment etc. e) He Who keeps the brahamana-s healthy (spiritually). (catura -caturya atma). e) He Who is the Refuge for the four kinds of bhakata-s (arta. with its four "horns" . Om catur-murtaye namah. g) (eka-sr'ngah .akara. taijasa. and moksha. Om catur-vyuhaya namah. d) (a-vyagrah . catur-gatih . gaja. kaivalya.visva. to control the world through dharma. naika-sr'ngah . i) He Who has provided diverse means to the different living beings to cause harm to their enemies. citta. e) He Who uses Garuda as His vehicle.dvaita patham).The Four-armed. 769. as also to defend themselves from their enemies. Om catur-bahave namah.a) He Who has four forms in His vyUha incarnation. d) He Who has the four horns in the form of the four Vedas.He Who took incarnation as the one-horned Varaha.
771. artharthI. c) He Who has a four-fold manifestation in His functions of creation.satya sandha yatiraja) . f) He Who manifests Himself in four forms to support the jiva in its four states . 770. catur-murtih .a) He Who adopted diverse tactics for controlling His devotees' enemies. d) The Foremost among those who created sound (in the form of Vedas).
dur-jayah . samavartah . asramas.a) He Who manifests only a part of His mahima when He takes incarnations amongst humans. c) He Who makes it possible for us to conquer duhkham. dur-atikramah . c) He Who makes it possible to know the four Vedas. everything else (Trascendental Form). Om catur-bhavaya namah. h) He Who created the fit being . etc. 776. b) The Source of the four . b) He Whose manifestation in the form of this Universe is only one-fourth of Himself. b) He Who performs His function of creation again and again in cycles.a) He Who is known by those who are learned in the four Vedas. Om nivrttatmane namah. (anivrttatmA . b) He Who is Invincible. fit). nivrttatma . h) He Who is Himself un-impacted or withdrawn with respect to the effects of pralaya of srshti. paramatma. catur-bhavah . 777.a) He Who cannot be under control except by devotion. d) He whose nature is that He is free from the bonds of samsara. Om caturatmane namah. purursharthas. antaratma.a) He Who cannot be bypassed by those who seek relief from samsara. c) He Who is constantly on the look-out as our Sole Protector (ekapo + at).a) He whose Nature is different from.the four-faced brahma (catura = kusala.Arta.
samavarto nivrttatma dur-jayo dur-atikramah | dur-labho dur-gamo durgo duravaso durari-ha ||
779. c) He for whom all sorrow is bypassed. b) He Who is the Knower of the four Vedas. 780. jnanatma.He Who is difficult to attain for those who are not single-minded in their devotion to Him. (naranarayana incarnation). c) He Who created the four kinds of species. sorrow is the result. and superior to. b) He Who cannot be transgressed because of fear of the consequences of disobeying Him. Om dur-atikramaya namah. c) He Whose true thoughts are always revolving around what He can do to help His devotees. even when He takes His incarnation amongst us (Krshna incarnation).Sankara). Om dur-labhaya namah. c) He who is the AtmA of those who practice the nivrtti dharma (Bestower of benefits according to karma). i) He whose mind turns away from any feeling of self-glory over His kirti or fame. i) He Who manifest Himself in four kinds of Atmas: jiva. e) He who does not turn away from anything or anywhere because He is Omnipresent. artharthi.antaryami of the four types of devotees . 781. etc. 783 dur-labhah . d) He by transgressing whose orders. g) He Who has permeated everything completely. 784 dur-gamah . catur-veda-vit . d) He Who can be won over by difficult practices such as samadhi etc. b) He whose mind is turned away from worldly attachments. f) He Who withdraws the jivas into Him during pralaya.a) He Who takes incarnations again and again for the benefit of His devotees. om samavartaya namah. Om eka-pade namah.varnas. b) He Whose True
. 778. eka-pat . Om dur-jayaya namah. om catur-veda-vide namah. 782.He Who is difficult to attain because of His Effulgence.a) He Who gives expression to the four vyuha forms through four kinds of actions.
mahA-karma . to His devotees. 793. Om dur-gaya namah 786 dur-avasah . loka-sara'ngah . e) He Who is praised by the sAma gAnam which is difficult to master. b) The Dispeller of evil thoughts from the minds of the devotees. b) He Who grasps the essence of the world like a sara'nga or honeybee. and He to whom the jnani-s are attracted. e) He Who is attracted by bhakti. 794. d) He Who is the object of devotion (loka-sara). Om dur-avasaya namah. e) He Who pervades everywhere at all times with His auspicious form. d) He Who expanded the Vasudeva family through pradyumna and others. b) He Who augments the expansion of Himself into this world.a) He Who did all this for the sake of Indra. by protecting it.a) He Who increases the meshes. 790. Om su-tantave namah.a) He with a bewitching form that mesmerizes the asura-s and misleads them. c) He Who makes the ashtanga yoga successful for those who follow this path with devotion. Om loka-sara'ngaya namah. Om durarighne namah. g) He Who has devotees singing His auspicious qualities. b) He Who is responsible for the powers of indra. b) He with an auspicious form that is meditated upon by His true devotees. durari-ha . d) He Who expanded the yadava race in auspicious way by being born as the son of vasudeva. etc. etc. 791.He of magnanimous actions. b) Nor easily realized because of unanticipated obstacles during our efforts to seek Him. om subhangaya namh.
Subha'ngo loka-sara'ngah su-tantuh tantu-vardanah | Indra-karma maha-karma krta-karma krtagamah || 788. c) He Whose realization is constrained by our own limitations.a) He Who practiced the acts He preached to the asura-s. Om indra-karmane namah.a) He Who preached the superficially acceptable goals in the world. b) One Who has achieved all there is to achieve. g) He Who brings the auspicious aspects such as trust in sastra-s. su-tantuh . c) He Who withdraws this world into Himself after creating it. 787. c) He Who can be known only by the difficult process of enquiry into the Upanishads. indra-karma . krta-karma . 789. namely pranava.a) He who has a powerful net of threads to capture the asuras and retain them from escaping. Om tantu-vardhanaya namah 792. c) He Who is reachable through the essence (sara) of the vedas. d) He Who has beautiful gaits.Nature can be known only with difficulty. c) He Who has progeny such as brahmA. c) He Who performs acts that reflect His Supreme Lordship. d) He Who causes pain and suffering to the evil-minded rAkshasa-s.a) The Dispeller of the evil-minded enemies. Om maha-karmane namah. b) He Who has expanded this Universe starting from Himself.He Whose place of residence (SrI vaikunTham) is not easy to attain. in order to convince them.He Who is separated from us by our avidyA which acts like a fortress between Him and us. f) He Who bestows moksham. f) He Who makes things functional in this Universal in a beautiful way. Subha'ngah .. c) One Who keeps repeating
. guru's words. Om dur-gamaya namah 785 dur-gah . tantu-vardhanah .
om su-locanaya namah. d) He Who has ratna in His navel . d) He Who gives everyone else the ability to see. udbhavah . taking birth as He likes. 799. 802.originated. c) He Who bestows joy and happiness on His devotees.a) He Who is handsome.a) He Who presents Himself as a very soft person to the asura-s in order to convince them to follow His deceitful methods. e) He Who created the exalted gods and goddesses.a) He Who appears like one having a horn (with a bunch of peacock feathers in his hand). d) He Who has provided every creature with the means to express its sr'nga or expression of power. etc. om krtagamaya namah..
udbhavah sundarah sundo ratna-nabhah su-locanah | arko vaja-sanih sr'ngI jayantah sarva-vij-jayI || 796. Jainism. b) He Who propounded the Vedas .a) He Who is praised. Om ratna-nabhaya namah. e) He Who destroys the fear of birth in His devotees. c) He Who destroys the asuras (aratna-nAbhah). arkah . b) He of superior wisdom. d) He Who resides in an exalted place ( SrI vaikunTham). e) He Who has separated or divided the different creatures well in many ways.a) He Who advocated eating a lot (a Preacher of mundane pleasures. sundah . b) He Who is of a superior birth. when He likes.Rig. sr'ngi . 800. krtagamah .a) The Propounder of Agama-s (Spiritual texts) including those dealing with Buddhism. d) One Who has performed acts that no one else can ever perform. c) He With the peak of Govardhana mountain on His hand. with perfection. Om vaja-sanaye namah. b) He Who is soft to His devotees. etc. e) he Who makes His appearance repeatedly through different incarnations. c) He Who killed sunda through upasunda (sunda-rah). Om sundaraya namah. su-locanah . Om sr'ngine namah.a) He Who rose above samsara. b) He Who has the beautiful conch pa'ncajanyam. Sama. 801.
. b) He Who has the navel from which the gem among men -brahma . Om arkaya namah. 803. b) He Who is in the form of the sun. c) One Who has the wisdom and the vision of the Self.the processes of creation etc. b) He Who had a horn in His matsya and varAha incarnations. d) He Who is exceedingly well regarded and worshipped. d) He Who made His appearance at Dvaraka after performing His several leelas. Om sundaya namah.a) One with bewitching eyes. 798. om udbhavaya namah 797. om krta-karmaNe namah. b) He Who provides for the nourishment of all His creation. f) He Who is born again and again for the protection of dharma. 795. c) He from Whom everything originated.in the form of ratna-s in the oceans. sundarah . like eating). c) He Who is the Originator of the pancaratra Agama. vaja-sanih .a) He with a gem-like navel. ratna-nabhah . where He likes.
d) He Who has a beautiful form. b) He Who is a great treasure for His devotees. f) He Who has the beautiful golden-colored sandalwood marks on His forehead. Om maha-bhutaya namah. e) The Knower of the veda-s consisting of auspicious letters. 808. c) The One with the Great Chariot (with the Garuda in its flag). Om suvarna-bindave namah.a) He Who considers great men as His own.The Lord of all who have a mastery over all words. 811. maha-gartah . maha-bhutah . b) He Who is Omniscient and Victorious. etc. Sloka 86
suvarnabindurakshobhyah sarvavagisvaresvarah | mahahrado mahagarto mahabhuto mahanidhih || 806. d) He Who is like a treasure from which His devotees can draw at will.a) He Who has the great treasure in the form of His devotees. cheeks. Om maha-hradaya anamah.
. Om maha-gartaya namah.a) The Conqueror of those who had learnt all things. Om akshobhyaya namah.a-kshobhyah . or in His reclining on the Milk Ocean. c) He Who has created the great oceans so that the earth does not become completely dry and perish. e) The Great Pit in which everything in this Universe originates. maha-hradah . 809. 812.The Conquerer. b) He Who has a beautiful form with golden-colored beautiful limbs. Om maha-nidhaye namah.a) He Who pushes the great sinners into the great pit of samsAra.He who is unshaken by desire. 805. Om sarva-vij-jayine namah. b) He Who is associated with the deep waters. sarva-vij-jayI . and the devotees dip again and again to get relief. c) He Who is the Abode of everything in the Universe. Om jayantaya namah. as in kAlIya mardanam. b) The Great Charioteer of mahabharata fame.804. suvarna-binduh . b) He Who is a Great Being.a) He Who concealed the truth of the vedic path from the asura-s with sweet words. sarva-vag-isvara-isvarah . resides. d) He Who resides in the great mountains such as Seshacala. maha-nidhih .a) The Vast Lake in which the sinners drown never to rise again. jayantah . c) He Who had won over the hearts of the all-knowing sages. Om sarva-vag-isvara-isvaraya namah. c) He Who is the Origin of the five elements. and Who has beautifully divided the creatures of the universe into their various parts. 810. c) He Who is in the form of the auspicious praNava mantra. 807 . and merges back.
g) One Who does not have a fixed residence. 816. c) He Who purifies in the form of wind. b) One Who gladdens the earth by ridding it of the evil-doers. f) One who is sharp like the kunta spear in removing the sins of His devotees (kuntah).a) He Who feeds His devotees with the Nectar . e) He Who has the spear by name kunta (kuntah). b) He from whom a superior birth is attained.a) He Who need not be goaded by anyone in His blessing the devotees (anilah). k) He Who spent sleepless nights (planning how to save rukmini). c) He Who bestows benefits as agreeable as the kunda flower (kunda-rah). Om kundaraya namah. c) One Who has an ever-living will to
. i) He Who cleanses the earth through the sun. b) He Who dissolves or eliminates the sins accumulated over countless births (kun-darah). pavanah . d) One Who delights in the sky. etc. 817. water. c) One Who bestows the auspicious world of parama padam. rain. f) One Who needs no support. agni. e) He Who is ever awakened. i) One Who has no binding to papa. 819. Om parjanyaya namah. 818. b) He Who moves to His devotees to remove their distress.a) He Who grants the successive stages of higher knowledge. h) He Who has no end. in the form of the sun.a) The Bestower of the knowledge of the Supreme Reality (kunda-rah). etc. d) He Who protects the protectors .Himself. g) He Who created the oceans by tearing apart the earth (kumdarah). j) He Who gave the kingdom (to ugrasena after killing kamsa). Om pavanaya namah. e) He Who pierced the earth in His varAha incarnation in search of hiranyaksha (kum-darah). kumudah . kundah . c) He Who is easily accessible to His devotees (a-nilah). 815. Om kumudaya namah. b) He Who cleanses the sins of His devotees. anilah . amrtasah . d) He Who bestows purity like the kunda flower to His devotees. d) He Who is the Giver of life-breath to everything else.a) He Who is the forrn of the wind. parjanyah . etc. c) He Who protects. b) He Who has no enforcer above Him. One Who is in the form of the wind. etc. punya. h) He Who eliminated the bad kshatriya kings from the earth. d) He Who accepts offering that are pure like the kunda flowers (kunda-lah).a) He Who is on this earth with delight by enjoying the association with His devotees. c) He Who is pure and beautiful like the kunda (jasmine) flower.a) He Who bestows His blessings on the devotees like the rain-cloud. kundarah . Om kundaya namah. b) He Who consumed the nectar after churning the Milk Ocean.Sloka 87
kumudah kundarah kundah parjanyah pavano'nilah | amrtaso'mrta-vapuh sarva~jnah sarvato-mukhah || 813. e) He Who wears a garland made of blue lilies. f) One Who gives what is sought or what is desired. 814.the kings (pA + avanah). h) He Who is very pleased with the offerings of the kunda pushpa-s by His devotees (kunda-rah). om anilaya namah. g) He Who gave an offering of the earth to kasyapa rshi.
g) He Who accomplishes all His undertakings flawlessly to completion and perfection. 827. om nyagrodhodumbaraya namah.bhajans. c) He Who nourishes the world in the form of food etc. Om suvrataya namah. Om satru-jit-satru-tapanaya namah. c) He Who sows and cuts the lives of this Universe continuously irrespective of time.the veda-s.a) He Who has taken a good. su-vratah . 822. e) One Who is dear to the mukta-s. but Who is at the command of the devotees who approach Him with folded hands. d) He Who controls everything in this universe and keeps them in order. without dependence on anyone or anything else.
. b) He Who has faces on all sides. or He Who bestows auspiciousness on us. b) He Who knows all the needs of all His devotees. d) One Who has the best of sounds . nama-sankirtanas etc.for attaining moksham.in their tapas and other efforts to attain Him. siddhah . Sloka 88
sulabhah su-vratah siddhah Satru-jit Satru-tapanah | nyag-rodhodumbaro'Svatthah canurandhra-nishudanah || 823.He Who has the Supreme Abode with Lakshmi and everything that is magnificent. b) He Who makes it possible to attain sukham (sukham labhata). Om amrtavapushe namah. Satru-jit-satru-tapanah . 826. f) He Who has the superior pitambaram as His garment (ud. b) He Who is `above the sky'. e) He Who gave us the Sastras. 820. Om sarvato-mukhaya namah.give fruits. Om sarvajnaya namah. nyag-rodhodumbarah . 824.ambarah). e) He Who observed all the vrata-s rigorously in His Krishna incarnation. b) He Who is the siddhopaya . Om su-labhaya namah. 825. c) He Who is fully accomplished. d) He Who makes His devotees accomplished . superior to all. a) He Who has the most auspicious SrI vaikuntham as His own.e. b) He Who has an immortal form. su-labhah . strong vow.jits to torment His devotees' enemies.a) He Who knows all.a) He Who can be easily attained. 821. f) The final conclusion .through all means of proof available to us. sarvato-mukhah .a) He Who can be approached from many paths. sarvaj~nah . c) He Who controlled what He consumed appropriately in His nara-narayana incarnation. even though He was the Supreme Soul. b) He Who accepts only the pure food that is offered with sincerity by His selfless devotees.the Ultimate Truth . amrta-vapuh .the already existing means . i. f) One Who provides unending means of survival for His creation. d) One Whose wishes are failure-proof. e) He Who is praised by the highest and best of sounds . Om amrtasaya namah.He Who occupies the bodies of Satru.a) He of a Nectar-like body.. om siddhaya namah.a) He Whose protection is ever available without any special effort on the part of His devotees. as His form.
a) He Who has seven vehicles in the form of the seven Vedic mantra-s represented by the seven horses of the Sun. Om sapta-jihvaya namah. Om saptavahanaya namah. Sloka 89
sahasrarcih sapta-jihvah saptaidhah sapta-vahanah | a-murtir_anagho'cintyo bhaya-krt bhaya-nasanah || 830. sapta-vahanah . Om bhaya-krte namah. bhya-krt . b) He Whose tirumeni radiates with kanti that resembles infinite number or rays emanating from Him.a) He Who does not have a body that is the effect of karma similar to ours.seven types of fluids in our system. Om saptaidhase namah. an-aghah . om asvattaya namah. 829. Om acintyaya namah. e) He Who protects the beings through facilities that has provided in units of seven . etc. a-cintyah . Om sahasrarcishe namah. asvattah . b) He Who is described as the root of an eternal asvattha tree of samsara etc.He Who destroys fear.He Who causes fear. duryodhana and the like.The seven-tongued. 832.a) He Who slew the wrestler by name canura. Om anaghaya namah. 833. the seven objects of these sense-organs. 834. f) He Who conducts the seven worlds with prosperity. 831. b) He Who supports the Universe in the form of the seven Sun-s. 838. seven holes in our face as sense organs. c) He Who is of blemishless character. c) He Who supports the three worlds through the seven vayumandala-s or regions of air.a) The Sinless. sahasrarcih . c) He Who cannot be completely comprehended in our minds. b) He Who causes utmost misery to those who cause hardship to the good people of sattvik disposition. Sloka 90
.828. sapta-jihvah . om a-murtaye namah 835. d) He Who pervades the entire universe in the form of the five great elements.One Who is kindled in the form of fire by the seven kinds of offerings. c) He Who slew canura. d) He Who does not suffer sorrow. a-murtih . b) He Who is signified by the letter `a' in pranavam. b) He Whose power cannot be imagined. saptaidhah .a) He Who is incomparable to anything known. and keeps constantly changing. 837. canurandhra-nishudanah .a) The Thousand-rayed. c) He Who eternally rules over the universe that is never the same. Who illumines everything in this Universe. 836. b) He Who is opposed to sin. d) He Who has a vehicle with its horse named sapta. bhaya-nasanah .a) He Who has established the impermanent gods for performing various functions. Om canurandhara-nishudanaya namah. Om bhaya-nasanaya namah.
Om krsaya namah. 844. who have a status equivalent to Him in many respects. but who were once clouded by nescience. Om svadhrtaya namah 848. b) He Who grows or enhances enormously the wealth of His devotees. prag-vamsah .anur_brhat_krsas_sthulo guna-bhrn_nir-guno mahan | adhrtah sva-dhrtah svasyah prag-vamso vamsa-vardhanah || 90 839.
846. since He is their origin. mahan . Om guna-bhrte namah. Om a-dhrtaya namah.e. d) He Who pares down the form for the jiva-s to make it possible for them to live in comfort. guna-bhrt . through meditation . rajas. Om brhate namah. a-dhrtah . krsah . b) He Who supports the three guNa-s of sattva. etc. and tamas.a) He Who has the power of being smaller than anything small that is known to us. Om sthulaya namah. Om mahate namah. bhagavan. c) He Who is worthy of worship.a) The Unconstrained.. Om anave namah.He Who has a glorious status and is superior over the mukta-s.He Who is Self-sustained and superior over the baddha-s who may have some of the same ashTa aiSvarya-s that we saw above. nir-gunah . 845. sva-dhrtah . b) He Who is Great beyond comprehension. b) He Who is the cause of the sound that permeates everywhere and is in everything (ana . 842. brhat . He Who destroys the asura-s). Om nir-gunaya namah. Om prag-vamsaya namah 850.a) The Supporter of all that are subject to Him. the eternal souls in Sri Vaikuntham.Sabde).
847.He Who is bereft of the qualities (common to others).sabde). svasyah .a) He Who is lighter than the light. b) He Who is thinner than anything thin. Om svasyaya namah 849. Om vamsa-vardhanaya namah. the One who fosters and grows all the three categories of jIva-s. 843. or He Who reveals the Vedas. e) He Who makes `light work' of the asura-s (i. b) The Unsustained.The Great.a) He Who is supreme in everything. c) He Who reduces or eliminates the difficulties to His devotees. 841. prayer. sthulah . etc. 840. vamsa-vardhanah . c) He Who is in the form of the Vedas.a) He Who is immense. and worshiped by the likes of Indra. anuh . the Sastras.He Who keeps His progeny growing. c) He Who bears (has) infinite kalyana guna-s.He Who is the cause of the eternally free souls and is superior over the nitya-s. (ana . source and eternal support.
h) He Who restrains and controls those of demonic disposition (ksha + mavate). i) He Who rests on the beautiful tender green fig-tree leaf (at the time of prlaya). Om suparnaya namah. Puranas. b) He Who lifts up the fallen with the swiftness of air with the help of Garuda. e) Subject matter of.Garuda as His vahana.He Who shoulders the burden. b) He Who torments those who have not exercised their discriminating ability. c) He Who bonds everything together. Om vayuvahanaya namah. j) Remover of obstructions in the path of cows (ksham + ama). c) He Who enables everything to move around. Om yogisaya namah. 859. and known by.a) He Who makes the wind flow for the benefit of sustaining life. yogI .
. b) He Who helps the yogi-s cross the ocean of samsara. f) One Who has the green color of emerald because of His association with Lakshmi.a) He Who is endowed with super-human powers. Om Sramanaya namah 858.He Who bestows all desires. asramah .a) He Who makes it possible to continue the effort of uncompleted yoga in the next birth. g) He Who has established the Universe in all its dimensions (ksha + mane). j) He Who pervades the entire Universe completely. d) He Who is the source of subsistence for sanyAsin-s. bhara-bhrt . Om bhara-bhrte namah. yogisah .bhara-bhrt kathito yogi yogisah sarva-kama-dah | asramah sramanah kshamah suparno vayu-vahanah || 851. b) He Who helps the yogi to become well-equipped. Om asramaya namah. He Who bestows the devotees' wishes. ksamah .e. 854. Om yogine namah. vayu-vahanah . c) He Who undertook tapas in the form of Nara Narayana for the welfare of the world. 860.i.Hanuman" as His vehicle during His Rama incarnation. Om sarva-kama-daya namah. sarva-kama-dah . f) He Who is the final abode for all (kshayati). i) He Who bore the Earth (in His varAha incarnation). kathitah . om kathitaya namah. e) He Who unites the devotees with their wishes . h) He Who is the Abode of Supreme Happiness (su-par-Nah). e) One Who is decorated with the beautiful green tulasi leaves. Om kshamaya namah. c) He Who alone is left behind at the time of pralaya. d) He Who is in the form of the Vedas (as the "leaves" of the tree of samsara).He Whose greatness is extolled by all the Vedas.. k) He Who has suparna . etc. and he in Whom everything is hidden. hymns of praise. b) He Who is realized through yogic powers. etc.a) One Who has beautiful wings .He Who is the foremost Lord of all yogins. d) He Who has total control of His Self. d) He Who reduces everything to its un-evolved state at the time of pralaya. 857.a) One Who is in a diminished form (in the form of Dhruva. c) He Who had "The Vayu . 852. g) One Who is easily pleased by pure devotion.He Who provides an abode of rest for the seekers. k) He Who endures patiently. 855. 856. e) He Who remains hidden amongst us. Sramanah . suparnah . the Pole Star).in the form of hamsa. 853. Garuda.
c) He Whose Powers do not perish or diminish over time. om niyantre namah 869. c) He Who is competent in all His actions. d) He Who forgives the aparadha-s of everyone.a) The Supporter of all the other deities. c) He Who is beyond yama or mrityu (a-yamah). g) One Who knows and prescribes the mandates that bestow virtue (aya+mah).The wielder of the bow. 867. dhanur-dharah . e) One Who brings to end all life at the time of pralaya.the danda. d) One Who has propounded meditation on "OM" as the sure means of Self realization. niyanta .a) The Subduer (of the enemies of His devotees). om sarva-sahaya namah 868. d) He Who has no Controller or Director above Him (aniyamah).a) He Who controls. 863. d) One Who has no one to command Him (a-yamah). f) He Who pervades and surrounds everything (yama . Om a-parajitaya namah. b) He Who is attained through the yogic path of yama (and niyama). b) He Who ordains. e) He Who bestows sacred knowledge about Himself to devotees in full measure. dhanur-vedah . Om dandaya namah.a) The Propounder of the science of archery. b) The Knower of the Science of archery in its completeness (a reference to Lord Rama).a) He Who is invincible. b) He Who is verily the weapon (power) of yama .to surround).a) He Who is not subdued by anyone.Sloka 92
dhanur-dharo dhanur-vedo dando damayita'damah | a-parajitah sarva-saho niyanta niyamo yamah || 861.pariveshane . b) The Dispeller (of the miseries and sufferings of His devotees). a-damah . dandah . c) He Who is the means of control. Om damayitre namah.a) The source of punishment for the wicked. a-parajitah . b) He Who conquers all His enemies. c) He Whom no one else controls (a-dandah). e) He Who bestows all wishes to His devotees.a) The Controller (of all the deva-s). Om dhanur-vedaya namah. 862. Om yamaya namah.niyanta). sarva-sahah . c) One Who has given the means of self-protection (dhanush) to all His creation. d) He Who is the source of restraint for all beings so that they follow dharma. Om dhanur-dharaya namah. b) One Who has no one above Him to direct and control Him (a. b) He Who is in the form of the good effects of punishment to those who err. damayita . 866. yamah . b) He Who has no protector above Him.a) He Who directs. f) One Who feeds His devotees with delectable food in the form of anubhavam of Himself. 864. Om niyamaya namah. 865. 870. niyamah . d) He Who controls everything.
. Om a-damaya namah. and Who is Resplendent (a-pah + rajitah). c) He Who is attained through the yogic path of niyama (and yama).
sattvikah . 878. b) One Who possesses courage. b) He Who is ever devoted to..a) He Who is pleased with the true dharma practiced by His devotees. arhah . 879. prIti-vardhanah . b) He Who fulfills the love of His devotees. 874. e) He Who is in the form of prana. Om sattva-vate namah. 873. b) One Who is good in a supreme way. and established in. 877. d) He Who is Real.He Who does what is wanted by others. Om sattvikaya namah.a) He Who controls the sattva guna that paves the way for liberation.a) One Who is well-disposed towards pious souls. satyah . 875. om priya-krte namah.a) He Who is the object of choice. Om satya-dharma-parayanaya namah. priya-krt . anna. Truth and in righteousness. b) He to Whom all beings go (praiti) directly (abhi) during pralaya. Om arhaya namah.a) He Who confers the fruits of sattva guna. and Who shows the path for. c) He Who is established in Truth. 876. Om prIti-vardhanaya namah. turvasa. 872.The fitting Lord to be worshipped. strength etc. Om abhiprayaya namah.Sloka 93
sattva-van sattvikah satyah satya-dahrma-parayanah | abhiprayah priyarho_'rhah priya-krt prIti-vardhanah || 871. c) He Who provides the support to.a) Who increases the joy of His devotees.
vihayasa-gatir_jyotir_su-rucir_huta-bhug-vibhuh | ravir_iorocanah suryah savita ravi-locanah ||
. sattva-van . and surya. b) He Who deserves to be offered our most beloved offerings. c) He Who exclusively directs the activities of all others. satya-dharma-parayanah . c) One Who is determined to bestow His blessings on His devotees. d) Refuge of devotees such as yadu. b) One Who is essentially established in sattva guNa. and who alone exists ( Sri Sankara). who take interest in discharging virtuous duties. etc. priyarhah . those who follow the superior path of dharma.a) He Who is rightly the object of love. abhiprayah . Om priyarhaya namah. Om satyaya namah.
huta-bhug-vibhuh .a) He Who is indra and brahmA of immeasurable greatness. c) He Who shines in the minds of His devotees in various special ways. night. c) The Remover of tiny pleasures from His devotees (dyati . sukha-dah .sukha-dah. c) He Who is the cause of all the effulgence in everything. b) He Who is endless.
ananta-huta-bhug-bhokta sukha-do naikado-'grajah | a-nirvinnah sadamarshI lokadhishthanam_adbhutah || 889.a) The Sun in his uttarayana or Summer solstice.a) He Who illuminates (through the rays of the sun). jyotih . or He Who brings forth wealth. (vi-locanah). Om huta-bhugvibhave namah. 882.The Day time.880. d) He Who is fond of praise.a) He Who produces or brings forth the crops etc. suryah .a) The Illuminant (the year). Om vihayasa-gataye namah. c) The Light that illuminates the Sun. ravi-locanah . 886. Om su-rucaye enamah. 890.
. b) The Light that is self-luminous. d) The Remover of unhappiness for His devotees (a.. b) One Who has the good desire or Will to protect the world. b) He Who brings forth everything in the Universe (including the sun etc. 888. 885. b) The Remover of happiness for the wicked. 887. om anantahuta-bhug-bhoktre namah. Om ravaye namah. 884. b) He Who travels in the form of the Sun. 881. c) One who generates Sri or brilliance in surya or agni (sacred fire). d) He Who has intense attachment to His devotees. om virocanaya namaH. sa'njaya etc. the moon etc. savita . Om suryaya namah. ananta-huta-bhug-bhokta . d) He because of Whom we get enlightenment. in the form of the Sun. c) He Who is praised by His devotees. Om jyotishe namah.a) The Light that leads to Sri Vaikuntham. b) He Who brings forth everything. b) He Who is responsible for the ability of all cetana-s and acetana-s to make sound.He that is the Bright Fortnight of the Moon. c) He from Whose eyes the Sun was born. b) He of various splendors . om ravi-locanaya namah. c) He Who travels in space through His vehicle Garuda. su-rucih .such as Sun. moon.). day. 883. d) He Who gave special sight (divya cakshus) to arjuna.a) The source of movement in the form of wind. vihayasa-gatih .cuts) so that they can seek the Higher Bliss. etc. b) He that has the Sun for His eye.to abandon). ravih .a) The Giver of Bliss to His devotees. and Who consumes the offerings through fire.a) He of lovely effulgence .the King of birds. om savitre namah. virocanah . d) He Who is attained by tapasvins through their tapas (ha tyage .a) He Who is the means for the attainment of paramapadam.
The Doer of good to the devotees. svasti-dakshinah . 902. c) He Who is Eternal.He Who enjoys the never-diminishing Bliss.The Giver of Auspiciousness. sada-marshI . om sanate namah.
sanat sanatana-tamah kapilah kapir_avyayah | svasti-dah sasti-krt svasti svasti-bhuk svasti-dakshinah || 897. 893. 896. Om naika-dAya namaH. om svasti-bhuje namah. b) He Who is not `born' just once. e) He Who is the source of water for all beings (sukham = udakam = water). 904. agra-jah . c) He Who enables His devotees to enjoy bliss. om svastine namah. kapilah .a) The Object of enjoyment. lokadhishthanam . svasti .a) He Who is not despondent that the jIva-s are not resorting to Him for redemption. sanat .
. c) He Who is extremely impatient with the wicked people (sada + amarshI). kapir-avyayah . d) He Who is not tired of fulfilling the wishes of His devotees. Om lokadhishthanaya namah.He Who is Auspiciousness.The Support of all the worlds.cuts). 901. and always of the same beautiful Form.dyati . 903. om kapaye-avyayaya namah. adbhutah . c) He Who is not depressed because He has nothing to wish for. 891. sanatana-tamah . 899. om svasti-daya namah. om svasti-krte namah.a) He Who is ever patient (sada_marshI).a) The Giver of many things (Literally. svasti-krt . b) He Who makes appearances occasionally amongst us. c) He because of Whom grains.The Most Ancient. naika-dah . om a-nir-viNNAya namaH. b ) He Who is relieved of worry after having liberated a jIva who becomes a mukta. The Giver of Not just one thing). svasti-bhuk . svasti-dah .He Who gives auspicious things as dakshina to His devotees. but many times (naika-jaH).a) The Protector of all that is auspicious. om adbhutaya namah. b) The Enjoyer of Bliss. a-nir-vinnah . om sanatana-tamaya namah. 894. b) He Who is patient towards the mistakes of good people (sat +A+marshI). Om sada-marshine namah. 900. 892. 905. 895.a) He Who is extremely wonderful. Om kapilaya namah. food etc. 898. exist (Adyam = grains).He Who is of beautiful complexion. f) He Who has given a beautiful body to the jivas.He Who manifests in front of the mukta-s. Immutable. b) He Who is in the form of Time. Om sukha-dAya namah. om agra-jAya namaH. om svasti-dakshinaya namh.
om akruraya namah. b) He with the characteristic stride (in His tri. 916.He Who rushed to render help.to grow). sabdatigah . om vikramine namah. b1) He Who came to the rescue of gajendra very fast (daksh sighrarthe). vikrami . the Universe (daksh .varah vidvat. a-raudrah .
.He Who is bedecked with beautiful ear-rings.a) He Who has prowess. 914. 917. dakshah .He Who shoulders the burden of the words of cry of distress.power. 910.karah . c) He Who has no difference in His different incarnations. e) He Who causes destruction of His enemies.a) He Who removes evil elements very quickly (daksh sighrarthe). 913. sabda-sahah . sisirah . d) He Who is in the form of the cool rays of the moon in the nights.in the form of samsara.that of protection. om sabda-sahaya namah.the time for rest. om dakshaya namah. 908. to arrive very fast at the scene of Gajendra's suffering. om cakrine namah. 909. pesalah . e) He Who destroys His enemies (daksh .tamo vita-bhayah punya-sravana-kirtanah
915. or manifests Himself as.vikrama incarnation).One with the Discus in His arm.himsanayoh).a) He Who had the destructive weapons in His hands. om pesalaya namah. 912. c) He Who grows into. 907. om a-raudraya namaH. sustenance and destruction (daksha . om sabdatigaya namah. om urjita-sasanaya namah. b) The Maker of `night' . om kundaline namah. a-krurah .a-raudrah kundali cakrI vikram_yurjita-sasanah sabdatigah sabda-sahah sisirah sarvikarah
906. urjita-sasanah .He Who is beyond words. om sarvari-karaya namah. sarvari. b2) He Who had the Sakti . c) The maker of night . d) He Who has a distinguishing role .dexterous).
a-kruraH pesalo daksho dakshinah kshaminam.He of inviolable commands.He Who was not cruel (while rescuing gajendra). 911. d) He Who is deft in His creation. cakrI . b) One Who is supremely soft. kundali .He Who is not driven to anger easily.a) He Who is charming. om sisiraya namah.
921. uttaranah . vIra-ha . b) He Who destroys the sins of those who surrender to Him. c) He Who bestows the desired benefits on His devotees. om vidvattamaya namah. paryavasthitah . 919.The Life. 930.The Savior.He Who stands beside. e) He Who is present everywhere and permeates everything. om dakshinaya namah. 928.The Purifier. 927. b) The Foremost among those who bear the burden of the Universes. rakshanah . om dus-svapnanasanaya namah. om dushkrti-ghne namah. b) He Who is devoid of fear.Giver. 920. kshaminam. dus_svapna. santah . charitable.ha .a) He Who is pleasing and amiable.kirtanaya namah. om paryavasthitaya namah.sravana.a) He Who slays the evil-doers.The Remover of evil dreams. om kshaminam. and kind.varaya namah. punyah . c) He Who destroys everything (at the time of pralaya). om vIta-bhayaya namah.
.He Whose nama sravanam and kirtanam are purifying. om rakshanaya namah. 925.
uttarano dushkrti. jivanah .nasanah . om punyaya namah.a) The foremost in bearing the burden of protection of His devotees. dushkrti.varah . om jivanaya namah. 926.He Who lifts up. 922.He Who destroyed the powerful bonds that tied Gajendra to death.a) He because of Whom fear is dispelled. f) He Who is worshipped.a) He Who makes those who have sought refuge in Him prosper. 924.nasanah vira-ha rakshanah santo jivanah paryavasthitah
923. g) He Who expands the world in a controlled way.The Best among those who know what to do.ha punyo duh-svapna. vIta-bhayah . 931.918. b) He Who pervades everywhere. d) He Who manifests Himself in the form of holy men. punya-sravana. om santaya namah. om uttaranaya namah. om punya. vidvat. dakshinah . 929. b) He Who exists for His devotees. d) He Who is very liberal.kIrtanah .tamah . om vira-ghne namah.
b) He Who bestows different benefits on devotees based on their karma. 937. 940. power. e) He Who is the cause of happiness for the knowers (of Brahman) . om jita-manyave namah.. jita-manyuh . ananta.bhuvo lakshmih su-viro rucira'ngadah | janano jana-janmadir_bhimo bhima. anadih . vidisah .He of deep and profound nature.rupo_'nanta-srih jita-manyur_bhayapahah | catur-asro gabhiratma vidiso vyadiso disah || 932. in all directions. ananta. om ananta. glory.ananta. b) One Who can be reached from all directions. 933. glory. om disaya namah.s. om caturasraya namah.a) He Who appoints the different gods in their respective positions. d) One Who pervades in all four directions. om vyadisaya namah. disah . forms. that will never diminish.
anadir_bhur. c) He of indescribable form .parakramah || 941.rupah .a) One Who is skilled in all aspects.sriye namah. 936.a) He Who is the abode of those who really live (by realizing their relation to the Lord). om anadaye namah.He Who has conquered His anger. b) One Who is fair to everybody. c) He Who gives directions to the different gods as appropriate. 938. 935. and is in everything.srih . power etc.to know. 942.He Who destroys the fear (of samsara) in the mind of the devotee. b) He of wealth. and qualities are spread out in all directions.a) He Who is not realized by many because of their ignorance etc. e) One Who nourishes and feeds everything in all four directions f) One Who is worshipped by the knowledgeable people.a) He of infinite Forms.He Who commands. b) He Who supports that which supports
. c) He Who bestows all benefits on His devotees. f) He Who has revealed all sastras in elaborate detail. b) He of unending (never decaying) form. c) One from whom wishes are asked for.extending infinitely in all directions.based on vid . om bhayapahaya namah. b) He Who has no beginning. bhur-bhuvah .a) He of infinite wealth. catur-asrah . om gabhiratmane namah. d) He Who pervades everywhere.rupaya namah . om ananta. bayapahah . om vidisaya namah. vyadisah .a) One Whose nature. gabhiratma . 939. 934. etc.
' This 'non-apprehension' of reality is called 'Avidyaa' (nescience) which produces our 'mis. om rucira'ngadaya namah." The bud opens and manifests into the lord at the time of deluge existed as the total Unmanifest. that each mind projects the entire world of names and forms.adhaata pushpahaasah prajaagarah oordhvagah satpathaachaarah praanadah prranavah panah.a) He Who bestows His lovely form for His devotees to enjoy. bhimah .The Creator. 947. "Whatever an adored one does. at the maturity of the vaasanaas. 954. jana-janmadih .backed woman). the earth).He Who is frightful to those who do not follow dharma. Adhaataa -"Above whom there is no other to control or to command" -One who is the supreme controller of all. bhima. om jana-janmadaye namah. suviro . 945. lakshmih .om su-viraya namah. 953. the self. c) He Who is adorned with beautiful shoulder ornaments (angadas). c) He Who exists in Himself (with no other support).Giver are one and the same. 944.all (namely. d) He Who is the Source of all knowledge.apprehension' of I and mine.a) He Who is the root cause of all beings. He is 'Ever. Sleep means 'non-apprehension. b) He Who is the ultimate goal of all beings.parakramaya namah. He is the Law.g.
aadhaaranilayo. om lakshmyai namah. Oordhvagah -"One who walks the path of truth" -a path which other implicitly follow to reach the Truth Inifinite. opens up as the manifest world of things and beings. om bhimaya namah. rucira'ngadah . om bhuvo-bhuve namah. d) He Who has given elegant means for all creatures to move about." warns Krishna in Bhagava Geeta. om jananaya namah. Aadhaaranilayah -"One who is the fundamental sustainer" -the support for all that exists.Nature. b) He Who gives a beautiful body to those who are devoted (e. Since Narayana is the self. other people will implicitly follow. 949. 943.The Wealth. 948. the eternal truth is that the Law and the Law. 950. to the hunch. He came to be indicated by this term. 946.om bhima. jananah . and there after. Pushpahaasah -"He who shines like an opening flower. and the world of pains and shocks.available" and is never asleep to his Eternal-Divine. Lord is
.parakramya . 952.. 951. All things and all beings are supported by the earth which itself rests upon the lord. Prajaagarah -"Ever-Awaked" -He who knows no sleep.
Pramaanam -"He whose very form is the Vedas" -which are the only 'proof' for the Eternal Reality. Praananilayah -"He in whom all 'praanas' stand established. Therefore. and by His Presence He initiates and maintains all these activities in all living creatures upon the earth's surface." He who is very substratum -vital foundation -for all 'activities' manifested in a living organism. Factor-Divine." The root 'Pana' means "to transact.the standard of perfection" and all devotees place him as the ideal -trying to imitate. 959. Sree Narayana is called 'Pranavah': meaning he is of the 'nature of Omkaara. Absolute Love and Absolute Peace.
pramaanam prananilayah praanabhrit praanajeevanah tattvam tattvavidekaatmaa janmamrityujaraatigah. Panah -"The supreme Manager of the universe. 957. 962. Lord both orders and justly manages all activities of each individuals and things constituting this scientifically precise universe. "Consciousness is the Infinite Reality." 960. Praana-brit -"He who rules over all 'Praanas' -Sree Hari is the one who causes everyone to eat. digest. act." 958. the self. Praana-jeevanah -"He who maintains the life-birth in all living creatures. mind and intellect barrow their power of perception. Pranavah -"Om.' the great One. 'OM' is the manifesting sound of the supreme self. the manifestations of life in man. presides in silent detachment. we may read it: He who is pure Infinite Consciousness (Prajnaanam) as we have it in the great Commandment." This interpretation is not a happy one as this meaning has just
. Praanadah -"One who gives 'Praana' to all." The Infinite reality is indicated by 'OM' in the Vedas. 961.commanding. In all 'activities. grow old and die.kaara is Pranava." The term 'Praana' in our Sastras means the physiological functions. in their own lives. Therefore. Or. 956. is the Vital Source from which all sense organs. feel energized. Narayana." By giving the exact rewards for all actions. achieve the fruits thereof. the self. capacities of feeling and their faculties of thinking and understanding. His Absolute Goodness. Sree Narayana.
that very self. Bhoor. In love.mrityu-jaraa-atigah -"One who knows no change or modifications in Himself. endearing term.flowering out to even embrace all experiences in all planes of Consciousness. Sree Narayana. "That which one gains in subjective realization is the self. growth. the changeless Self. there is no rule that the lover should not repeat the same loving words to address his beloved. the individual become the self and.come in the preceding. Tattvavit -"One who has realized fully the reality" -meaning the original essential nature of the self. So. in the everything at all times. the glorious Essence (Sap) that pervades the entire Tree. and the Eternal. Who expresses himself as the individualities of the infinite entities in the universe." Therefore. we can find yet a new depth of suggestion if we understand this term to mean "One who is the very life-giving divine. the essence. 966. But. Ekaatmaa -"The Advaita Reality" -Narayana is the One self. Tattvam. the Oversoul." and once It has existed. in fact.touch in every breath. the infinite Self.the-same Supreme. On realizing the self." The famous Vedic terms bhooh Bhuvah and Svah connote the three worlds (lokas). decay." Sree Narayana. Ever. They are birth." 963. 967.bhuvas-svas-taruh -"One who is snap in the tree-of-life existing in all the universe of the higher world. 964. Everywhere. these three terms. subjectively represents all our experiences in the walking. Self never becomes non-existent.
. His constant Yajna to nurture and nourish the Universe. called Vyaahritees. is One who has realized fully the Reality which is His Own Nature Divine.
bhoorbhuvah svastarustaarah savitaaa prapitaamahah yajno yajnapatiryajvaa yajnaango yajnavaahmah. therefore.of-Life.birthless and never dying. this epithet has been given to Sree Narayana. 965. The world 'Loka' in Sanskrit means "a field of experience. of course. our-world and the lower world. dream and deep-sleep states of consciousness. Sree Narayana."the Reality" -that which is eternal. Geeta thunders the nature of the self to be "ever." Ever finite object in the world undergoes constant 'change' and each of them is extremely painful. Janma.
devoted meditation. of the trinity. he will surely row them across the "Ocean of samsara:" that one is Taarah. Yajna-patih -"The lord of all yajnas. Pra-pitaamahah -"He who is the father of even the 'Father of all Beings. Selfless acts of service to others' -Yajnas. Yajvaa -"The one who performs Yajna according to the strict prescriptions laid down in Vedas" -the one who maintains in ll his divine actions the true Yajna spirit. the eternal Brahman . to whom. 969. Yajna-vaahanah -"One who fulfils Yajnas in complete and exact accord with the Vedic instructions. 971." The term yajna means "work undertaken with a pure spirit of total dedication in complete cooperative endeavor with total selflessness.and there is Beattitude to experience the Self. Creator is known in our scriptural language as Pitaamaha -the Father. Yajnah -"One whose very nature is yajna." 973. dedicated."
yajnabhridyajnakridyajnee yajnabhugyajnasaadhah yajnaantakridyajnaguhyamannamannaada eva cha. 975." I am the 'Enjoyer' in all self -dedicated. if the devotees can surrender in unswerving faith and true devotion. Savitaa -"He who is the father of All" -Who is the eternal father of the entire Universe. Yajna-bhrit -"the ruler of the Yajnas" -the One who helps us to conclude successfully all our 'good. Yajnaangah -"One whose limbs are the 'things' employed in Yajna." The creator Himself rose from the Absolute self. 970.968. the individuality in each of us wakes up to the higher plane . there is Sree Narayana in action through His creatures.man.Sree Hari. These are the joyous words of the lord who Himself declares. alert with understanding. Brahmaaji. 976.' the creator. "The 'Enjoyer' and the 'lord' in all yajnas am I. Tarrah -"One who helps all to cross -over" -the Eternal Boat. 974." In Harivamsa we told that 'things' are the very aspects of Lord Sree Narayana. 972. co-operative endeavors (Yajna).
. Through exclusive.
" for all deities are but Narayana in different forms. selfless acts of love and service. the "One receiver of all that is offered.to him alone is the attribute of being the only single 'Enjoyer. Narayana alone. undertaken in an honest and true sincerity. that experiences. At that time. selflessness and joy.Yajna. 984.ritual. Yajna-Krit -"One who performs Yajna. Annaadah -"One who eats the 'food.' the 'fruit' of the yajna by which they bestow the meaning that Narayana is the "One who gives away the 'fruits' for all Hari-dedicated. but the subjective. Sometimes this is interpreted as "One who 'performs' the yajnas of the good people and one who 'destroys' the Yajnas of the evil minded folk. Yajna is never complete. and in the end He must also undertake the total dissolution of this very yajna. Goes to Him alone." In all Yajnas. Lord issued forth the creation as an act of yajna." It is by his grace alone all noble endeavours.' " not only the objective world is the projection on Narayana." The same term also mean One who destroys the yajnas.Yajna is called in the Geeta as "Knowledge-Yajna. 981. gain spectacular success.' is Sree Narayana. The term Yajna connotes all noble and divine actions of service and love undertaken in a pure sense of God dedication." 978. functioning through the "equipment" is the jeevaatman. As a verb it can be used as One who "Eats" the whole universe at the time of the great dissolution." 982.is also Narayana. taken the meaning of the Yajna-antanot as "the last item in yajna" but as 'anta. 980. just as our individual world each day gets dissolved in our sleep. the individuality in each of us who
. Yajna-saadhanah -"One who fulfills all Yajnas. The self.enjoyer -the individuality. Yajnee -"One who is constant 'Enjoyer' of the perpetual Yajnas. in tender devotion and joy. is of the form of Poorna-Aahuti -in the sense that when 'total' surrender of all vehicles and their actions is accomplished." This is also called in the Vedas as Brahma. the self. The one in whom alone the world of names and forms can remain in their 'seed-form.977. the ego. he is the one in whom the world remains absorbed in the pralaya. however.' 979. therefore. 983." The final item in a yajna is the "total -offerings" (Poorna-Aahuti) when Sree Narayana is reverently and earnestly invoked. This kind of subjective. Sree Hari. concluding act in all Yajnas. yagna-guhyam -"Sree Narayana is the most profound truth to be realised in all yajnas. the transcendental experience of the Self.god-dedicated. Annam -"One who has himself become the 'food' " -sense -objects which are the 'food' consumed by the sense -organs. Yajnaantakrit -"One who performs the last. though with an invocation to any of the deities." The self is the most noble truth to be sought through 'offerings' all the 'Dravya' (objects) into the "consciousness" (Fire) in the "body" (kunda). because every act is Narayana -centered. comes to manifest in all His divine Splendour. Yajnee -"All that is offered into the scared Fire during a Yajna. Some commentators have. Without this prayer.
songs."experiences. Aatma. Sree Narayana. see." And since Devakee could only.jaatah -"One who. the uncaused cause. has no other 'Instrumental cause' (Nimitta.
aatnayonih svayamjaato vaikhaanah saamagaayanah devakeenandanah srashtaa kshiteesah paapanaasanah. Devakeenandhanah -"He who appeared as born to Devakee in his Incarnation as Krishna." Thus the self is the both 'food' (Annam) and 'eater-of-food' (Annaadah) just as our own waking." 989." Three cause are necessary Material cause' (mud)." the self born." Sree Narayana is the husband of mother Earth. 986.yohin -"One who is himself the 'material cause' (Upaadaana Kaarana) for himself. Vai.world. 988. saama. 985. as the lord of the universe. watch and enjoy the pranks and play of her blessed child in Gokula. 990. 991.Khaanah -"The one who dug through the earth" -cutting through the denseness of the gross to reach. apprehend and kill the subtle Hirnyaksha. the cause' (the pot maker).nandhana). Svayam. are He. is shown in these term. Krishna is called as the "Joy of Devakee" (Devakee. Himself. from afar." Even the Creator can perform his job only by drawing his abilities and capacities from the infinite self.mind becomes the "experiencer" and the "experienced" in our dream.
987. the terrible and the monstrous who had tried to destroy the spiritual values in the world.gaayanah -"One who signs the Saama. and the 'Efficient sree Narayana's self-projection.Kaarana) in projecting Himself. In that all these three causes in all 'creation' in the pluralistic world: the "Instrumental cause' (wheel). as in the dream. The self has to reach us to destroy the ego in us and give us the 'liberation' from our evil adherence to the body-mindintellect. Srashtaa -"One who creates. Her nurtuer and nourisher. Kshiteesah -"One who is the lord of the earth. He is her protector.
" The Sastras sing that the divine sword in the sacred hands of the lord hari represents the knowledge. 995. Nandakee -The lord's sword is called Nandaka." The word meaning is this term pancha-janya is "that which is born of the five" (sense organs).Tattva) in our personality. acts and fulfils his duties. Chakree -"one who carries the discus called Sudarsana. The word Nandakam mean "that which brings bliss.Tattva.
Samkhabhirnnandakee chakree saarngadhanvaa gadaadharah Rathaangapaanirakshobhyah sarvapraharanaayudhah. 996. Paapa-naasanah -meditating upon whom. the instruments of Blessing in sree Narayana's hands are remembered with reverence and devotion.Spiritual (Vidyaa. When the individuals.this term indicates one who holds and wields the Nandaka sword. Ahankaara. 993. Mind being the seat of ego.Divine the representation of the human mind.Tattva) with which the seeker can destroy all his "ignorance" of the self in him.dhanvaa -"One who aims his unerring bow called Saarnga.
. Saarnga. the sastras declare that the conch in the divine hand of Sree Narayana is the ego-factor (Ahamkaara. Through meditation upon the self. as the 'apex' of all the sense organs. Samkha. 994." The sastras attribute to this discus." This bow of Narayana is glorified in our texts as representing the Ego. 992. all sins are dissolved and totally removed. Therefore. In this concluding Stanza. all his existing vaasanaas are destroyed and no new ones are created -this is the very root in the theory of karma Yoga in the Vedas. earth may stand for all that is gross -the entire maayaa-and Narayana is the Lakshmee. so it stands for the mind." The term SuDarsana means "that gives the auspicious vision.Her. surrendering in love to Him.bhrit -"One who has the divine conch named "Paanchajanya. all vaasanaas (sins) are liquidated.Pati.
repetition is no sin. Rathanga-paanih -"The traditional meaning is. Sarva-praharanaayudhah -"He who has all implements for all kinds of assault and fight." This Mace is described as representing the intellect in man (Buddhi." One whose peace and calm cannot be stormed out by any happening in his outer world. of course. In a glorification. there are others who would like to interpret this term in other ways.' One who has weapons to meet any missile. 999. by any act or acts. it should be quite natural." No enemy can surprise Him. "One who has the 'wheel of the chariot' as his weapon. 1000. Akshobhyah -"One who cannot be exasperated by anyone.Tattva). in fact. The term suggests Infinite patience. Gadda. The 'conqueror of all. Ever-peaceful. love and kindness towards man and his frailties. 998.
Vanamalee gadhee sarnghee Sanghee Chakree ca nandaki | Sreemaan NaarayaNo VishnurVasuDevOabhirakshathu || Sree VasuDeVoabhirakshathu Om Nama: ithi |
." This means the discuss which already has been mentioned in this very Stanza as Chakree.Hymn or devotional-Chant. However powerful. But.dharah -"One who holds his divine club (Mace) celebrated as Kaumodakee -which generates and spreads beauty and joy. however blasphemous they may be.997.