• Once upon a time, in a place where everyone smiles, lived a normal family.
• With a PAPA, a MAMA, and a JR. (son) The perfect family, or so one would think….
• But they weren’t; PAPA and MAMA drank way too much and JR got stuck in the middle of all of it.
r you d u an rinks Yo d y eak the wa w is EER o go B T
I thi MAR nk we’ re TINI S!! T out of Last glas his is t h s ah hh!! e
• One day, as JR was on his way to school, he heard his parent’s fighting again. You’re a l
ways m es up my l as ife; why sing as long don’t you just eave u. leave a ne, I’ll l from yo nd Go Fi ay Away I am aw OU!! HATE Y I Forever !!!
Oh, no not again! I wish they would stop fighting! This always happens when they drink too much **sighs**
• JR is used to his parents fighting, but sometimes they go too far and his PAPA will hit his MAMA or they both might hit him.
This is what you get! We wish we never had a child like you. . . We hate you!! Waaaaaaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaaaaaa Aaaaaaaaaaaa Help!
• JR would not let anyone near him until one day when his teacher Ms.Smiley asked what was up.
What’s wrong JR.. You can trust me I won’t tell anyone, teachers honor!
Well okay I guess I can trust you; it’s My parents……..
• After a while JR opened up to Ms.Smiley and she told him how alcohol can affect people.
Well JR, many people drink alcohol and many people don’t know when to sto Your parents may be some of these people, these people are called ALCOHOL JR, you could help your parents out by telling them all the effects like CIRRHOSIS There’re many other problems cirrhosis is only one.
Really I never thought It was that bad
Part six (2)
Here is a graph on how much alcohol is consumed Another thing that happens is fetal alcohol syndrome Many things can happen to an un-born baby when the women drinks.
part six (3)
Like I said earlier, many people drink. Even some young teens think it’s cool. But it really isn’t. Did you know 12,000 young people die in this country each year in accidents that involve alcohol. It is really hard to quit once you Start, but there are ways you can quit. There are support groups like ACHOHOLICS ANONYMOUS. Maybe you should tell your parents about it…well we really have to go. I’ll talk to you more tomorrow.
Part seven After coming home, JR told his parents everything he learned that day.
WHAT? YOU’RE CRAZY! I’LL NEVER STOP. ALL OF THAT IS RUBBISH. REALLY. I NEVER KNEW THAT. YEAH AND IT’S ALL TRUE I PROMISE
• Another day with Ms.Smiley
Okay, I’m go nna show you pictures today to let you see what ha ppens to People who drink too mu ch.
s. picture ey me just so res, but th are ictu those orse p ou to see. Well, yw are wa phic for y There too gra are
Eww w Www wwww w Www wwwww w w That wwwww w w was NAS w TY!
• After his meeting with Ms. Smiley, JR came home to bad news.
our ews: y ause ad n ave b spital bec JR, I h he ho it in t ey say . Th dad is failure am sorry r of live rry! s! I rrhosi you. I’m so is ci ve t belie I didn’
• JR’S PAPA was okay. He got a new liver transplant and his MAMA and PAPA had stopped drinking for good and now they were really the perfect family.
That’s All Folks! – THE END
• CHIRRHOSIS: a condition in which the liver becomes scarred, fibrous, and filled with fat, thus reducing its ability to function.
• ALCOHOLICS: a strong need to drink loss of control being unable to stop drinking despite a desire to do so
ACHOHOLICS ANONYMOUS: A voluntary fellowship founded in 1935 and concerned with the recovery and continued sobriety of the alcoholic who turns to the organization for help.
Back Part six (2)
Pics and definitions
• Fetal Alcohol Syndrome-The sum total of the damage done to the child before birth as a result of the mother drinking alcohol during pregnancy. Fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) always involves brain damage, impaired growth, and head and face abnormalities.
Back Part six (2)