This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
• This BBC TV quiz show came to an end in 2011 after its host announced her decision to quit the programme. • It was a popular daytime show, and its presenter, who was nicknamed "The Queen of Mean", had attained a certain degree of notoriety. • Briefly, there was an Indian version of the show as well. • Which quiz programme?
• THE WEAKEST LINK.
• in the history of the kentucky derby ' man of war' will probably go down as the most successful horse ever. It lost just one race in its entire career. Name the horse it lost to?(gives rise to a popular phrase in english)
• A capirote is a headgear of Spanish origin. It was historically worn by the condemned during the Spanish Inquisition. A modification of the capirote where the outer fabric of the hat extends past the shoulders, covering the face and neck while leaving only a pair of holes for the eyes, was worn by some Spanish brotherhoods during Easter. In spite of its origins, with which group of people do people most associate the capirote with?
• KLU KLUX KLAN
2011–2012 Teams • Eastern Conference • Baltimore Charm • Cleveland Crush • Orlando Fantasy • Philadelphia Passion • Tampa Breeze • Toronto Triumph • Western Conference • Chicago Bliss • Green Bay Chill • Las Vegas Sin • Los Angeles Temptation • Minnesota Valkyrie • Seattle Mist
Lingerie football League
• The concept originated from the Super Bowl halftime alternative television special called the Lingerie Bowl, a payper-view event broadcast annually opposite the Super Bowl halftime show. The television show has become a staple of Super Bowl Sunday festivities for millions worldwide and is broadcast in over 85 countries.
Identify Central theme and Fill in the missing blank
Obverse side of Indian Currency Notes
• The Economy of India is depicted on the 1000 rupee note
• On November 16th 2010 , this 30 year old Taiwanese office worker Chen Wei Yih , did something very bizarre and unheard of hitherto. She claimed then, that she did it to spread an important message to all the single ladies of Taipei . What did she do ?
She married herself!
• “The reason its called _______Y_____ is of course that it’s a pretty damn ambitious goal. I mean to get the exact right one thing… So you have to feel a little bit fortunate if your going to try that with one go” – X • Gimme X and Y.
• X- Sergey Brin • Y-Im feeling lucky
• X is a regional term meaning “long journey”. This, in turn, is derived from an Arabic word meaning “journey”. The word is used locally to refer to any journey. Its first use in English is attributed to Sir Richard Francis Burton, the famous explorer.
• It had its origins in India and was called “Mokshapat”. Believed to be created by the 13th century poet Gyandev, it was used to represent virtues and vices, to teach hindu values to children.
Virtues: In the original, 12 was for faith, 51 was reliability, 57 was generosity, 76 was knowledge, and 78 was ascetism.
Vices: 41 was disobedience, 44 was arrogance, 49 was vulgarity, 52 was theft, 58 was lying, 62 was drunkenness, 69 was debt, 84 was anger, 92 was greed, 95 was pride, 73 was murder. The last was nirvana or moksh..
What am I talking about?
• Snakes and Ladders.
• Contrary to the chronology shown in a recent hit movie , event “A” actually takes place after event “B” . • Event “A” takes place in the last Wednesday in August, while Event “B” takes place every year from July6-14. • Consequently, while going from Event “B” to Event “A” might be possible, the reverse would not quite work. • Event “A” originated from a street fight near a handy grocery store. Following several years of disagreement on whether Event “A” should be allowed to occur or not, and several gap years in the middle on that account, the event has been happening continuously since 1959. • Event “B” originates pursuant to a hurrying tactic by merchants heading to the market place for sale, and the local name of the event literally means “to lock/shut up, to pen”. What are Events “A” and “B”?
• Event AEncierro/running of the bulls.
Event B- La tomatina fest.
• It is often claimed incorrectly that X’s (term) etymological origin lies in a law that limited the maximum thickness of a stick with which it was permissible for a man to beat his wife. • Another potential theory is that it comes from beer brewing before the invention of thermometers, when brewers would use their ________ to measure the temperature of batches of beer .
• Rule of the thumb.
• The first book sold by Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal, was John Woods‘ Leaving Microsoft to Change the World, which may be considered strangely ironic since both Sachin and Binny had just quit working for Amazon.com to sell the book. • On August 1, 2011 the markets were a buzz with speculation that Sachin and Binny were close to raising $150million in a PE round of funding from the private equity firm General Atlantic Partners, at a valuation of $1billion.
• And just as a BTW, though Sachin and Binny share the same last name, they aren’t brothers.
Id the company started by Sachin and Binny.
• This person when asked about his actions said “They are never pre-scripted. They just come differently depending on how I feel, what I ate, the noise of the crowd, the heat, etc. I myself don’t know what I will do next so how will anyone else know.”-X • Give me X.
• Billy Bowden
14. Print Add for what?
15. What is this list? Give funda
• • • • • • • • • 1.Titanic: The Legend Goes On... (2000) 2.Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 (2004) 3.Daniel the Wizard (2004) 4.Monster a-Go Go (1965) 5.Manos: The Hands of Fate (1966) 6.Night Train to Mundo Fine (1966) 7.Dream Well (2009) 8.Ben & Arthur (2002) 9.The Skydivers (1963)
• IMDB Bottom 100/ Worst movies made list.
• This is a mnemonic to remember WHAT– "How I like a drink, alcoholic of course, after the heavy lectures involving quantum mechanics."
The value of pi.
• “Death by X” is a term used as a criticism of the overuse of X which causes a state of boredom and fatigue induced by information overload. • It is argued that X is a convenient prop for poor speakers, it can reduce complicated messages to simple points and it elevates style over substance; and that these three things contribute to its popularity. • In fact, there is an Anti X party in Switzerland dedicated to decrease professional use of X and other similar tools, which the party claims "causes nationaleconomic damage amounting to 2.1 billion CHF" and “lowers the quality in 95% of the cases”.
• Microsoft Powerpoint
Unusual software bugs are a class of software bugs that are considered exceptionally difficult to understand and repair. There are several kinds, mostly named after the characteristic personalities. Xbug is a computer bug that disappears or alters its characteristics when an attempt is made to study it?
• Real Tennis or “jeu de paume”.
• “In writing this X had been thinking of Buonaparte, but Buonaparte while he was First Consul. • At that time X had the highest esteem for him and compared him to the greatest consuls of ancient Rome. Not only I, but many of X’s closer friends, saw this _______on his table, beautifully copied in manuscript, with the word "Buonaparte" inscribed at the very top of the title-page and “X” at the very bottom. … • I was the first to tell him the news that Buonaparte had declared himself Emperor, whereupon he broke into a rage and exclaimed, "So he is no more than a common mortal! Now, too, he will tread under foot all the rights of man, indulge only his ambition; now he will think himself superior to all men, become a tyrant!“ • X went to the table, seized the top of the title-page, tore it in half and threw it on the floor. The page had to be re-copied and it was only now that the ________ received the title "Sinfonia eroica."
• X- Beethoven - His third symphony is being talked about.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.