This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Nerve center of the hotel • Handles reservation, Check-in and check-out • Prepares and print reports to various areas of the hotel • Serves as information and help desk • Updating guest accounts in the PMS
• Front Desk
– Front Office Reception, Front Office Cashier
• Uniform Services
– Concierge, Bell Service, Door Person, Transportation, PBX, Business Center
• A reservation in the context of the front office of a hotel means the booking or reserving of a bedroom (accommodation) by a guest, and involves a particular type of guest room being reserved for a particular person or persons, for a certain period of time.
Types of Reservation
• Guaranteed • Non-Guaranteed • Confirmed
• • • • • Mail/E-Mail/Fax Telephone Central Reservation System (CRS). In-House (Walk-In) Website (Hotel Property Website and Third Party Websites like Travelocity and Yahoo Travel)
• One of the first opportunities for face-to-face contact with a hotel occurs when the guest checks-in or registers. • 2pm – standard check-in time • Early Check-in – check-in from 7am- 1pm
• Guest check-out can indeed be a time of confusion, short tempers, and long lines, a test of the patience of both the guest and front office cashier. • Standard time for check-out: 12noon • Late check-out : 1pm – 5pm
• Inquiry suggests investigation, looking for additional information. You make an inquiry about someone or something. • Request is asking for something • Guest complaint is any expression of dissatisfaction, whether oral or written, from a hotel guest about the hotel’s provision of, or failure to provide, a quality product or excellent service.
End of Lesson