This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Lizzie, Laura, Lissie
Similarly to the trailer Amelie, La Vie En Rose has a voice over which give a general overview of what is going on in the trailer. Also in LOL, the main character mixes between a voice over, and speech heard onscreen. La Cite des Enfants Perdus has no voice over or speech, however it is similar to LA Vie En Rose in the fact it has a dark undertone to it, suggesting that there is more to the film than the trailer suggests.
• All three trailers show the film’s distributers, telling the audience that the films are reputable and well known, making it more likely that the people watching will want to go and see it. • Quotes are also used in all trailers, to show again how popular and well received the films were. They have reached their target audience.
• LOL’s trailer would relates perfectly to the French cinema trailer we want to create; the target audience is the same as the target we were hoping to catch. This trailer is funny, edgy, bouncy and holds all the characteristic for a typical teenage girl life. For our trailer and film, we want to create the same theme as them, having complications due to friends, boyfriends and parents. However not using the exact same because unlike this film and trailer we want to approach it and base it completely round the French concept. The film will be made for France, as this trailer is a French film but using English conventions. Such as the humour is English and the problems. They created it to humour French people about the English, they chose to produce it they think it is how English see French people. As sexual, drug obsessed and rebellious individuals. As instead we want to target it to France, produce it in France but have it national like Amelie, so the story line will need to be inspirational.
• There is an element of threat in both La Cite des Enfants Perdus and La Vie En Rose. There is not so much a threatening element in LOL, but there is a lot of conflict between the mother and her daughter, showing that the films are connected. • The key issues of the film are usually highlighted in the trailer, giving the audience a hint as to what the film will involve, without giving too much away.
• We want our trailer to focus more on the conventions of LOL rather than La Vie En Rose or La Cite des Enfants Perdus. However we would be able to take elements from them. • All three trailers are aimed at English or American audiences, even though they’re French. This suggests that our film would be shown mainly in art-house cinemas as cinemas such as Odeon or Grants are unlikely to show them. • Our target audience would be 15-25 year olds.
• The titles of the trailers are reflective of the type of narrative they contain. LOL’s title is big, bold and pink, suggesting that it is more light hearted and more of a rom-com. La Cite des Enfants Peruds and La Vie En Rose have smaller, more subtle titles. • We would have to think about the size, font and colour of our title, making sure it corresponded with the narrative.