This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
By DR. CONRADO E. IÑIGO, JR.
A Systems Perspective Framework of Malcolm Baldrige Standard
ORGANIZATIONAL PROFILE: ENVIRONMENT, RELATIONSHIPS, and CHALLENGES
Human Resource Focus
Leadership Customer and Market Focus Process Management
Business/ Organizational Performance Results
Measurement, Analysis, and Knowledge Management
Developing Personal Potential (Leadership)
• Stephen Covey, author of Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, defines a habit as the intersection of knowledge, skill and desire. • He arranges seven habits along a continuum from dependence to interdependence.
– Independent people have developed a sense of selfworth and an attitude of self-reliance. – Interdependent people realize that it is best to work cooperatively with others. – Dependent people expect someone to take care of them and blame others when things go wrong. .Developing Personal Potential • Each habit builds on the previous one so individuals grow further along the maturity continuum as they develop personal effectiveness habits.
think of solutions • Habit 2: Begin With The End In Mind – Start with a clear mental image of your destination • Habit 3: Put First Things First – Focus on preserving and enhancing relationships and on accomplishing results .Developing Personal Potential • Covey’s first three habits deal with self-reliance and self-mastery. • Habit 1: Be Proactive – Be responsible. These are private victories.
• When a person moves to interdependence. . productive relationships with others which Covey calls public victories. he steps into a leadership role. from which one can move to interdependence—caring.Effective Interdependence • The first three habits build a foundation on independence.
Emphatic listening gets inside another person’s frame of reference.Effective Interdependence • Habit 4: Think Win-Win – Implies understanding that without cooperation. the organization cannot succeed. . Then To Be Understood – Requires a nonjudgmental attitude. • Habit 5: Seek First To Understand.
• Habit 7: Sharpen The Saw – Process of using and continuously renewing the physical. spiritual.Effective Interdependence • Habit 6: Synergize – Synergy is the combined action that occurs when people work together to create new alternatives and solutions. . The essence of synergy is to value and respect differences. mental. and social aspects of life.
Psychologists viewpointPMA=CM (5 senses. feeling) Silva Method – Alpha. thinking) + SCM (6th sense.Habit 1-Be Proactive Basic Principles of Maximizing your Mind Power (Positive Self) To change ourselves effectively. Beta. Theta. Delta . we have to change first our perceptions/mindsets.
. You’re an energy magnet. • Your mission is what you can give to yourself.• The Secret by Rhonda Byrne • Everything is energy.enjoy quality life. so you electrifically energize yourself to every thing you want.
• The SECRET is the Law of Attraction.• Everything that’s coming into your life you are attracting into your life. And it’s attracted to you by virtue of the image you’re holding in your mind. a magnet. • Every thought of yours is a real thing – a force. .
Are not easily offended. attitude) 2. I’ll try. Scrutinize your friend and find his weakness. I’ll do it. 4. 3. Worry on things you can’t control (color of skin. 5. weather) 2. Don’t apologize. Focus on things you can control (ourselves. 5. Think about problems and barriers. Think about solutions and options.PROACTIVE 1. Victimitis virus (blame and complain). . Continue to be hardworking person. 4. Be first to apologize. 6. 3. parents. 6. REACTIVE 1.
or paradigm of the end of your life as your frame of reference. It is based on the principle that Like Attracts Like or Positive Attracts Positive. To begin with the end in mind means to start with a clear understanding of your PERSONAL GOALS. picture. .HABIT 2 BEGIN TODAY WITH THE END IN MIND Begin today with the image(visualization).
activities that require immediate attention . dreams. and goals Urgent – pressing things.HABIT 3 FIRST THINGS FIRST Time management is attitude management Important – activities that can contribute to your mission.
• Competition becomes negative when you tie your self worth into winning or when you use it as a way to place yourself above another. • Competition is healthy when you compete against yourself. Don’t develop a ―superiority complex‖. . It is the foundation for getting along well with other people.HABIT 4 WIN/WIN • An attitude towards life. a mental frame of mind that says I can win and so can you. or when it challenges you to reach and stretch and become the best.
. Emotional Quotient (EQ) understanding the emotions/sentiments of individuals.HABIT 5 UNDERSTAND. THEN TO BE UNDERSTOOD • The important element of LOVE is understanding. Understanding the individual differences.
but a better way. It’s not your way or my way. Cooperation is 1+1=2. It is a creative cooperation and teamwork. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts. Compromise is 1+1=1 ½. a higher way. .HABIT 6 SYNERGIZE • Synergy is achieved when two or more people work together to create a better solution. • Effective decision making requires synergy. Synergy is 1+1=3 or more. • It is more than just a compromise or cooperation.
relax. smile and laugh. educate.HABIT 7 SELF RENEWAL (Sharpen the Saw) • 1. Heart (Emotional Dimension) – build relationship. sleep well. pray. keep a journal. Body (Physical Dimension) – exercise. Mind (Mental Dimension) – read. learn new skills. • 2. . take in quality media. • 4. eat healthy. • 3. Soul (Spiritual Dimension) – meditate. write. give service.
completely devastates teamwork and replaces it with internal politics. every communication every work and every transaction.THE KEY FACTOR IN A GLOBAL ECONOMY • Trust means confidence.TRUST .When you trust people. fosters a climate of suspicion. • Lack of trust within an organization saps its energy. The opposite of trustdistrust-is suspicion. • Trust affects us 24/7. you have confidence in them.365 days a year.in their integrity and in their abilities. . It affects the quality of every relationship.
• Trust produces results.defensive and protective communication. including families. interpersonal conflicts. Results inspire and fire up a winning culture. . politics. Low trust creates hidden agenda. Results build brand loyalty. interdepartmental rivalries. • Low trust is the greatest cost in life and in organizations.
grow and extend trust with all stakeholders-customers.is the key leadership competency of the new global economy. employees. . managers . investors.Traditional Business Formula Strategy x Execution = Results (Strategy x Execution)Trust = Results The ability to establish.
the second two with competence(Capabilities and results) .THE 4 CORES OF CREDIBILITY (Self Trust) • The first two cores deal with character (Integrity and Intent).
INTEGRITY “I look for three things in hiring people. but also leaving the right impression. and the third is a high energy level. CEO. But if you don’t have the first.Berkshire Hathway • Integrity means honesty. . the other two will kill you” –Warren Buffett. the secfond is intelligence.CORE 1 . The first is personal integrity. Honesty includes not only telling the truth.
schedule. Make and Keep Commitments to Yourself (appointment. Stand for Something (customer satisfaction. priorities) • 2. teamwork. Be Open (Don’t Micromanage) . quality mindset) • 3.HOW TO INCREASE YOUR INTEGRITY? • 1.
a man is guilty when he violates the rights of another. he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so” – Immanuel Kant • Intent – plan or purpose .INTENT “In law. In ethics.CORE 2 .
sharing of resources) . Declare Your Intent (building trust.HOW TO IMPROVE INTENT? • 1. solutions. Choose Abundance (mutual benefir. understanding of individual differences) • 2. quality organization) • 3. Examine and Refine Your Motives (win win.
Keep Yourself Relevant (lifelong learning) • 3. goals) . Know Where You’re Going (vision. mission. Run with Your Strengths (TASKS) • 2.CAPABILITIES “People of capability inspire us”-Samaveda (Sacred Hindu Text) • 1.CORE 3.
CORE 4 . • Results are bottom line . former CEO.RESULTS “ You can’t create a high-trust culture unless people prodeuce results”-Craig Weatherup. Pepsi Co.
Expect to Win (law of attraction.HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR RESULTS • 1. PMA)) . apologize. accountability. Take Responsibility for Results (concrete outcome. solutions for improvement) • 2.
MARKETING IS CUSTOMER SATISFACTION (needs and wants) Needs.basic Wants.added value (character and competence of employees) .
DIPLOMACY. . THE SKILLED FRONTLINER IS CONSTANTLY FACED WITH SITUATIONS THAT REQUIRE THE UTMOST SKILL.CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT EASY. EVERYONE HAS AT SOME TIME BEEN CHALLENGED BY A DIFFICULT CUSTOMER. AND POSITIVE ATTITUDE.
YOUR GENUINE CONCERN AND UPBEAT WILLINGNESS TO TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION WILL BE REMEMBERED LONGER THAN THE NEGATIVE REACTIONS. IT GENERATES MORE FRUSTRATION AND DISSATISFATION. WHEN THE RESOLUTION STAGE IS DELAYED.CUSTOMERS ARE ANXIOUS TO RESOLVE ISSUES. .
THOSE SAME CUSTOMERS WILL GIVE THE NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE TO TWENTY TO THIRTY POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. YOUR CUSTOMERS MAY TELL AS MANY AS TWO OR THREE PERSONS.CUSTOMERS TALK. . BUT WHEN SERVICE IS LESS THAN EXPECTED. WHETHER SERVICE IS GOOD OR BAD. THAY TALK. IF YOU PROVIDE EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.
AND PROFESSIONAL MANNER. POLITE.95% OF UNHAPPY COMPLAINING CUSTOMERS WILL BECOME OUR MOST LOYAL CUSTOMERS IF WE HANDLE THEIR PROBLEMS IN A PROMPT.RESEARCH SHOWS THAT 90%. .
WHEN YOU ACCEPTED AN EXCELLENT SERVICE TO YOUR CUSTOMER IN RETURN FOR A MONTHLY SALARY. .THE FIRST STEP TOWARD WORKING WITH A CHALLENGNG CUSTOMER IS TO UNDERSTAND YOUR RESPONSIBILITY YOUR POSITION. YOU AGREED TO PROVIDE TO THE CUSTOMER. STATISTICS INDICATE THAT 90% OF CUSTOMERS ARE TURNED AWAY BY AN ATTITUDE OF FRONTLINE PERSONNEL.
APOLOGIZE /ACNOWLEDGE AND R. L.RESOLUTION.USING THE CLEAR TECHNIQUE : . . EEMPHATIZE WITH THE CUSTOMER.CALM YOUR EMOTION.LISTEN ACTIVELY TO YOUR CUSTOMER. A.
HE IS THE PURPOSE OF IT. HE IS NOT AN OUTSIDER OF THE ORGANIZATION. HE IS NOT DEPENDENT ON US WE ARE DEPENDENT ON HIM.MAHATMA GANDHI . . HE IS NOT AN INTERRUPTION OF OUR WORK. HE IS GIVING US THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO SO‖.―THE CUSTOMER IS THE MOST IMPORTANT VISITOR IN OUR SCHOOL. WE ARE NOT DOING HIM A FAVOR BY SERVING HIM. HE IS PART OF IT.
c.com Cellphone # 0917 521 2188 .THANK YOU! E MAIL .inigo@yahoo.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue listening from where you left off, or restart the preview.