This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Some of the top-tier ERP vendors are SAPAG, BAAN, PeopleSoft, Oracle Application and J.D.Edwards. These companies are covering the major ERP market revenue.
SAP AG:COMPANY PROFILE
SAP (System Applications & Products in data processing) . SAP is the world's leading provider of business software, SAP delivers products and services that help accelerate business innovation for their customers. Today, more than 82,000 customers in more than 120 countries run SAP applications – from distinct solutions addressing the needs of small businesses and midsize companies to suite offerings for global organizations. SAP defines business software as comprising enterprise resource planning and related applications such as supply chain management, customer relationship management, and supplier relationship management
customers can install the core system & one or more of the fundamental components.(RReal) • With SAP.• SAP AG was founded in 1972 by five German engineers with IBM in Mannheim. • SAP serves as a standard in the industries like chemicals. customer products. and is one of the top most ERP vendors providing the client server business application solutions. mainframe version (SAP R/2) & client server version (SAP R/3). • SAP’s ERP package comes in 2 versions i. oil & high technology. Germany.e. The SAP group has offices in more than 50 countries worldwide & employs a workforce of over 19300. . or purchase the software as a complete package.
linking a company’s business processes & applications. • Also. • SAP software has special features like. • The international standards have been considered while designing the software like support of multiple currencies simultaneously. & supporting immediate responses to change throughout different organizational levels & real time integration. automatically handles the country specific import/export requirements • The modules of R/3 can be used individually as well as user can expand it in stages to meet specific requirement's .PRODUCTS & TECHNOLOGY • SAP has developed extensive library of more than 800 predefined business processes. • These processes may be selected from SAP library & can be included within installed SAP application solution to suit the user exact requirements. the new technologies are available regularly to cop-up with the changes of the new business trends.
and the following year released.R/2 in the Late 1970s In 1978 SAP began developing. and production enabled customers to consolidate their financial and operational data into a single database and eliminate costly paperwork and data entry. . which could then be further customized to their unique requirements. R/2 (R for "realtime"). businesses could select only those they needed. Because the modules were self-standing. sales and distribution. a mainframe-based. standard business software suite in which Integrate able modules for accounting.
Plattner and company's former employer. non-mainframe computing environment known as client-server. data is processed not by a single costly mainframe but by many cheaper networked "server" computers. R/3 was designed to allow a business to view its entire business operation as a single integrated process in which data entered into any single application in the system would simultaneously be registered in every other. . announced a new "system applications architecture" (SAA) technology Seeing the ramifications of such integrity ability for its own products." While R/2 focused on providing data processing solutions for static. in 1987 SAP began developing R/3 for use in the decentralized. In client-server arrangements. such as inventory tracking or shipping. individual functions of business operations.R/3 Development in the 1980s • As R/2's potential began to peak in the mid-1980s. which display their data on flexibly arrange able PCs called "clients. IBM.
R/3 had been launched with the expectation that it would complement R/2's multinationaloriented niche by extending SAP's reach into the mid-sized. less mainframe-dominated business software market. and virtually overnight SAP had translated its reputation as Germany's wunderfirma to the global stage. . and even SAP's largest customers began eyeing R/3 as a less labor-intensive replacement for R/2. R/3 was suddenly hot. Unexpectedly.Introduction of R/3 in the 1990s • After five years in development. R/3's release coincided with a growing trend toward corporate downsizing. however.
A common database is employed among each of the mid-sized to large-size corporations that utilize R/3. SAP R/3 is used in business systems to handle invoice payment.SAP R/3 • SAP R/3 is a computer system that is designed to support complete business management tasks of a corporation. using one secure R/3 system to share relevant information between parts of the organization. production resource management and financial account control. These specific tasks are accomplished by employing application modules. company or institution. R/3 may also be used by small business. . keeping the corporation up-to-date on latest technology and data information. • Modules process information through each and every component of the organization. allowing business to prosper without having to worry about changing systems. often described with acronyms such as MM (materials management) and SD (sales and distribution).
• An additional benefit to using SAP R/3 is that it combines with a corporation’s previously existing computer system. operating in the open system or client/server environments. R/3 uses the ABAP/4 programming language and allows for the possibility of several computers of differing manufacturers to conjoin into one solid working database. SAP R/3 is a Windows and Menus driven application containing graphical objects. .
• It can connect all the business processes together & every employee could have fast access to the required information. R/3 application modules are either used alone or in combination with other solutions.R/3 APPLICATION MODULE: • The R/3 system provides a flexible organizational structure. • The in house staff can do work easily with reference ABAP/4R development workbench. which is an integral part of R/3. .
It provides reports & documentations & comprehensive information. Investment management monitors the projects from planning to settlement. Treasury module helps in ensuring the liquidity of your company worldwide structures. – Controlling: This module has a uniform reporting system for company wide controlling with all procedures & controls content of the company’s internal processes.• Following are some R/3 modules: – Financial Accounting: it collects & controls the data relevant to financial accounting. – Investment Management: This module offers integrated management & processing of investment measures. – Treasury: this module provides a complete solution for efficient financial management. – Enterprise Controlling: This module has been designed to monitor the company’s success factors & performance indicators on the basis of management information. depreciation simulation. This also participates in pre investment analysis. the asset profitability & minimizes risks. .
from repetitive MTO & ATO. to integrated supply chain management. This also handles warehouse management & integrates invoice verification. control & processing of the inspection. – Plant Maintenance & Service Management: this allows the planning. maintenance. – Material Management: It manages the purchasing processes with workflow driven processing functions. through processes. lot & MTS manufacturing. . sales & distribution with all standard business processes & functionality.– Production Planning: this provides all types of manufacturing strategies. – Quality Management: this offers all processes relevant to your quality assurance along with supply chain. project management. damages & service management. • R/3 also provides its applications in HR managements. co-ordinates inspection processing & integrates laboratory information systems.
Some of the main advantages of using SAP R/3 are listed below: • The R/3 software package is designed to allow businesses to effectively and efficiently operate a variety of business processes within a single integrated information system. R/3 is scalable and highly suited for many types and sizes of organizations and runs on six different platforms. SAP’s partnership with technology. This client/server solution is infinitely expandable & can be used with anywhere between 30 & several thousand end users. This ensures that R/3 can always grow with the growing requirement of company. • The software is customizable using SAP's proprietary programming language. service companies. . hardware manufactures & database providers helps to provide a complete business solution. ABAP/4.
• The products offered by the company supports several business tools. are faster to implement and use. • The BAAN Company is the leading global provider of enterprise business software. improve core business processes.BAAN :. . are more flexible in adapting to business changes. • The BAAN company products reduce complexity and cost.Company profile • Baan company was founded in Netherlands in 1978 by brothers Jan and Paul Baan. The tools are based on multi-tier architecture..
OS. 2. The main advantages of Baan series-based family of products are the best in class components version independent integration and evergreen delivery. Baan DEM provides a business view via a graphical process/model based views. The Baan series based products include : . The application supports the new hardware. 3.BAAN Enterprise Resource Planning. BAAN Supply Chain Solutions.TECHNOLOGY AND PRODUCTS 1. BAAN Corporate Office Solutions. BAAN Front Office. The BAAN products are having open component architecture. 4. BAAN products has multi-tiered architecture for maximum and flexible configuration. . 5. 6. networks and user interfaces w/o any modification to the application code. 7. The special feature of BAAN product is the use of BAAN DEM (Dynamic Enterprise Modeling).
BAAN ERP includes the following components – • . The flexibility with BAAN ERP allows customers to maximize the benefits of both best in class solution and a fully integrated high performance system.BAAN ERP MODULES • • • • BAAN ERP is a proven enterprise resource planning s/w application. It is fully integrated and provides all the functionality which is required across the enterprise. BAAN ERP consists of a number of interdependent components that can be deployed to meet business needs.
project estimation. 2. shop floor control. fixed assets. cash management. project definition. Project Module: This includes project budget. Distribution Module: This includes sales management. cost price calculation. Manufacturing Module: This includes bills of material. accounts receivable. project planning. Finance Module: This includes accounts payable. material requirement planning. etc 3.1. purchase management and warehouse management. . etc. etc 4.
– Easily integrated with third party product. in-turn change the s/w configuration. open and distributed computing and development environment. – Develop the BAAN product in such a way that it is independent of third party product such as hardware. – Gives customer specific solutions. OS and DB.BAAN ERP TOOLS • BAAN ERP Tools can be described as a computing platform that provides independent. flexible. • The open architecture of the BAAN ERP Tools make it possible to – – Quickly react to the changes that take place in the market. .
• This is the first s/w company to implement internet computing model for using the enterprise s/w across the entire product line.ORCALE CORPORATION:-Company profile • Oracle Corporation was founded in the year 1977 and is the world’s largest s/w company and the leading supplier for enterprise information management. application development. decision support tools and enterprise business applications. . • It provides databases and relational servers.
over any network. • ORACLE Warehouse Technology Initiative (WIT) is one of the fastest flowing & comprehensive programs in the data warehousing industry which provides the customers a complete data warehousing solution. etc. . • ORACLE database allow the corporation to access on any data. etc.TECHNOLOGY • ORACLE software runs on the network computers. • ORACLE 8i is the leading database for internet computing. on any service. from any client device. mini computers. work stations & micro computers. Oracle business intelligence family product includes: – – – – – Oracle report Oracle enterprise reporting tools Oracle discoverer Ad-Hoc Queries and analysis tools Oracle online analytical processing engine. • ORACLE’s integrated Business Intelligence Solutions provides us with a solution to deliver powerful processing capabilities to the user anywhere in the enterprise at anytime.
MODULES OF ORCALE APPLICATIONS: Oracle application consists of 45 plus software modules which are divided into following categories – Oracle – Oracle – Oracle – Oracle – Oracle – Oracle Financials Human Resource Projects Manufacturing Supply Chain Front Office .
ORACLE PROJECTS .ORACLE FINANCIAL – This application transforms a finance organization into a strategic force and also helps to access the financial management functions. lower the administrative cost & improve the cash management.These applications improve operational efficiency by providing an integrated project management environment that supports the full lifecycle of a project and increases the revenue growth and profitability. – By working with these applications the companies can work globally. . – It also provides strategic information to make timely & accurate decisions.
ORACLE FRONT OFFICE – These applications provide a better understanding for customer relationships. – It helps in effective partner collaboration & supply chain optimization capabilities. – It helps in increasing market share while improving customer service & minimizing the cost.ORACLE SUPPLY CHAIN – This application manages the supply chain process by providing a single integrated environment. their values & profitability – These applications increase top line revenues & maintain customer satisfaction & retention – It also helps to attract and retain profitable customers through deployment channels including mobile & call centre. .
ORACLE MANUFACTURING ― Oracle manufacturing application enables the companies to achieve market leadership by becoming more customer responsive & efficient. ― This module also supports the companies to increase revenue. profitability & customer loyalty by capturing the demand & planning the manufacturing process in an efficient way.ORACLE HUMAN RESOURCES – This application helps in managing the human resources which directly improve profitability and contribute to competitive advantage – It also helps in the ability to hire motivate & retain the most capable working force and also helps in providing comprehensive and up-to-date information.o .
healthcare. • PeopleSoft provides industry-specific enterprise solutions to customers in select markets. project management. • PeopleSoft’s mission is to provide innovative software solutions that meet the changing business demands of organizations worldwide. accounting and control.3 million.Company profile • PeopleSoft Inc. • It employs more than 7000 people worldwide. treasury management performance measurement and supply chain management. was established in 1987 to provide innovative software solutions that meet the changing business demands of enterprises worldwide. • PeopleSoft develops markets and supports enterprisewide software solutions to handle core business functions including human resources management.& the annual revenue for the year 1998 was $ 1. higher . manufacturing. finance services.PEOPLESOFT:. including communications.
as well as a range of mainframe. Microsoft SQL Server. Informix. including Compaq. Microsoft Windows and popular Web browsers. • The PeopleSoft application serves the whole business management solutions. midrange and LAN relational database server platforms. IBM. • PeopleSoft solutions run on a variety of leading hardware and database platforms.• PeopleSoft products support clients running. Sybase. Sun Microsystems. commercial solutions & industry solutions. Hewlet-Packard. workflow. • PeopleSoft delivers Web-enabled applications. online analytical processing (OLAP) etc. DB2 and others. .
BUSINESS MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS • PeopleSoft solutions extend across the globe. or a complete enterprise-wide solution. from human resources and finance to supply chain management. . • The flexible design lets you tailor the applications to your specific needs. • The applications help in managing a broad set of business processes. • One can implement a single application.
• The PeopleSoft’s business management solutions are in the areas given below:– – – – – – – – – – Human Resources Management Accounting and Control Treasury Management Performance Measurement Project Management Sales and Logistics Materials Management Supply Chain Planning Service Revenue Management Procurement .
D Edwards was being recognizes as an Industry-leading supplier of application software for the highly successful IBM AS/400 computer.D.JD EDWARDS:COMPANY PROFILE: • On March 17. And then internationally expanded its Europe headquarters in Brussels & Belgium. by Jack Thompson. California. • As it grew it became obvious that servicing a large number of customers was creating a challenge • By the mid of 1980’s.D Edwards is a publicly traded company that has more than 4700 customers with sites in over 100 countries & more than 4200 employees. • As the company began to out grow. • In early years J. • In 1980’s it focused on IBM system/38. San Francisco & Bakenfield. Edwards was formed. Dan Gregery & Ed-Mc Vaney. opened branch offices in Dallas & Newport Beach.D. its headquarter in Denver. • Today J. 1977 J. Edwards designed software for small & medium sized computers. J. Houston. .
– Relationships: With JD Edwards. .D Edwards emphasizes on the following three matters: – Solution: JD Edwards offers a balance of technology & service options tailored by the unique industry & its processes.• J. – Value: JD Edwards provides with an appreciating software asset – one with the potential to increase in value over the lift of your business. This allows JD Edward to ensure timely implementation & outgoing quality of the solution. you have a partner committed to ushering you through changes in the business & technology.
• These software's are operated in multiple computing environments & also JAVA & HTML enabled.TECHNOLOGY • As the business grew company adapted new technology & instead for small computer application. it started to design enterprise-wise software. finance. • JD Edwards is a leading provider of integrated software for distribution. human resource. manufacturing & SCM. .
It is available in 26 languages and supports multiple currencies. It has an easy-to-understand graphical interface. service/support management and decision support. It helps the organization to achieve and maintain competitive advantage and synchronizes the distributed operation which balances the supply and demand across multiple sites. The company’s products include MFG/PRO. which provides multinational organization with integrated Global Supply Chain Management Solution. product offered by QAD.QAD : -Company Profile • • • • It was found in 1979. It optimizes the enterprise by increasing the speed of internet processes and synchronizing the business operations. QAD offers a variety of supply chain and enterprise resource planning s/w products to manufacturing industries. . – • – • The MFG\PRO is one of the software.
Inc. • To achieve competitive advantage for clients through ERP system. (SSA) was founded in 1981. • It has branches in more than 91 countries & more than 2000 employees.SSA:-COMPANY PROFILE: • System Software Associates. SSA’s follows its Mission Statement 1981. • SSA has BPCS client/server V6 technology is implemented in more than 1000 industrial sector firms in over 4000 sites worldwide. • SSA’s vision is to be the best global partner to the world’s industrial companies. • The statement has six key goals. .
– Enterprise Solution Leadership: it means that the company is focused on building & delivering solutions. – Single image worldwide: this means that the client gets the same high level of support & expertise all around the world. – Highly skilled & motivated professional: it means that SSA is committed on having the best professionals & resources in the application software business. which bring together the entire enterprise. .• They are: – Best client satisfaction: this means that the company wants their clients to achieve the greatest possible business benefits from their relationship with SSA. – Proven leading Technology: this means that every piece of technology applied by SSA will already be proven for high transaction volume enterprise-wide applications. – Strong financial results: this means that SSA can continue to invest in the improvements of its software & professionals & will be a stable partner in the long run.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.