Attitude -Do you have it in you?Vj Communications!

Attitude
• An Attitude is defined as the way a person feels about something-a person, a place, a commodity, a situation or an idea. • It expresses an individuals positive or negative feelings about some object. • It describes an individuals feelings, thoughts and predispositions to act toward some object in the environment.

Definitions
• “An attitude is mental state of readiness, learned and organized through experience, exerting a specific influence on person’s response to people, object and situations with which is related”.

---G.W Allport o “Attitude is tendency or predisposition to evaluate an object or symbol of that object in certain way”.
--- Katz & Scotland

•"Attitude can't be learnt, It must be acquired".

THE ICE BERG
HOW MUCH DO YOU SEE OF AN ICEBERG ?

THE ICE BERG
ONLY 10 % OF ANY ICEBERG IS VISIBLE. THE REMAINING 90% IS BELOW SEA LEVEL

Leadership and Attitude
• Our attitude in leadership will determine the attitude of both our leadership and our followers. • Leader must grow in attitude, followers will reflect a leader’s values and vision.

• The attitudes of leader towards people, his vision, determine the altitude of development and growth.
• “Talent without humility is like a drunk at the wheel of a carits just an accident waiting to happen.

The First Step Toward Achieving True Success is Developing and Maintaining a Positive Attitude!

• Thomas Edison, the greatest inventor in the history of mankind, failed around 10,000 times in his struggle to invent a light bulb. You will be surprised to know that this great man had a formal schooling of about only 3 months in his life. And, you will be even more surprised to know that he was a partially deaf 4 year old boy who returned one day from school with a note from his teacher. The note read, "Your Tommy is too stupid to learn, take him out from school". His mother taught him at home since then.

Moral of the story
• Thus, the success story of every great man is full of disappointments, failures, setbacks, and betrayal. • Facing them with will power and positive attitude, one can win over tough situations. There are a number of benefits that you can accrue by maintaining a positive attitude. • As long as you have a good attitude, the door of success is opened for you. It is beneficial to both you and others

Be Positive
• Every person has a different goal and ambition but the source of success for all is the same — "ATTITUDE".

Formation of Attitude
Experience with object

Mass Communication

Classical Conditioning

Economic Status

Attitudes

Operant Conditioning

Neighbourhood

Vicarious Learning
Family and Peer Groups

“Unless

is made, there are only promises and
hopes; but no plans.”

is not what others expect of you, it is what you can give to others”

“Fear of failure must never be a reason not to try something.”

are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful

Sign up to vote on this title
UsefulNot useful