Project title: Brand awareness of Spencer’s and its comparative analysis with Big Bazaar
Fastest growing retail stores with multiple formats and retailing food, apparel, fashion, electronics, lifestyle products, music and books. Established in 1996. Retail footage of over 2 million square feet and over 400 Spencer’s stores in 65 cities. It has 15 hyper markets, 11 super markets and 374 daily and express stores across 55 cities in the country.
Spencer's Retail has announced a tie-up with British retailer Woolworths Plc for exclusively selling its famous toy brand Chad Valley through its outlets. Besides the Chad Valley range of toys (available at prices Rs.49 upwards), Woolworths is also planning to introduce the Ladybird range of kidswear.
To “build Spencer's as the most professionally managed retail business in the country through: excellence in all operating processes ; nurturing and facilitating a learning and growth culture; building a unique retail experience for the customers”.
• • • • • Strives to exceed the aspirations of its customers for a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle by providing: The most innovative consumer goods and delectable taste experience . The ultimate shopping experience. Unsurpassed customer service . Unbeatable value . The 'next' place away from home or office to relax and indulge themselves.
Top Management of RPG
Major Investment plan
• It will be going in for a public issue within the next 12 months to raise capital for expansion. • The company will be investing Rs. 10 billion over the next three years using both internal sources and an IPO. • The company has already reserved 1 million sq ft of space all over the country and will be creating close to 10,000 jobs in its different formats. • Spencer’s Retail currently employs 4,500 people and has 6 million sq ft of space.
Formats of Spencer’s outlets
Spencer’s has retail footage of over 2 million square feet and over 400 Spencer’s stores in 65 cities. The company operates through the following formats: Spencer’s Hypermarkets: a fast growing retail network of hypermarkets with large format stores in Mumbai, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, Lucknow, Calicut, Hyderabad, Vizag, Vijayawada, Aurangabad Durgapur and Kolkata. Spencer’s Super: one of the largest supermarket chains in the food and grocery segment in India. Spencer’s Daily: small format stores conveniently located with a range of products to meet daily household needs. Spencer’s Express : food and grocery store next door.
Spencer’s express is a store next door for the fresh needs at arms length. These stores are around 1000 sq ft in size. They are open from 7 am to 9 pm and also provide with home delivery. The Express stores stock dairy, fruit and vegetable, bread and bread products, cut vegetables/ ready to cook, fruit juices, fresh batter, fresh coffee/tea, fresh masalas, fresh pickles, fresh Ghee, fresh fish and meat.
The Spencer’s Daily store is a friendly neighborhood store, which caters to the entire daily shopping needs - from regular groceries to fresh food and also weekly top-up shopping. About 4000-7000 sq ft in size and with a bright and friendly atmosphere, Spencer’s Daily saves the hassle of bargaining with the local Kirana shop owners (because it offers the lowest possible prices).
Spencer’s Fresh stores provide with an enjoyable and convenient shopping environment in very own neighborhood. These 2000 sq. ft. airconditioned stores are well stocked with fresh food of the very best quality, such as fresh farm produce, vegetables, fruit, milk, eggs, breads and much more. With an impressive range and a clean, bright and hygienic ambience, Spencer’s Fresh is far better than the regular sabzi mandis or local vegetable markets and at Spencer’s Fresh consumers not only do get fresh, clean and tasty farm produce but also the lowest possible prices in the locality, yes even lower than sabziwala!
The Spencer’s Super is the place to go for the monthly shopping. About 8000-15,000 sq. ft. in size ,the Spencer’s Super not only caters to the daily needs but also stocks home care products; personal care products, Bakery, Chilled and frozen food; Baby care besides groceries & staples, fresh fruits and vegetables..
The Spencer’s Hypermarkets are huge destination stores, more than 25,000 sq. ft. in trading area. Shoppers come here looking for fantastic deals across all categories. Hypermarkets ensure a comfortable, clean, bright and functional ambience to shop along with the convenience of finding everything under one roof at the best value for money.
Have you heard of spencer's ?
2.7 Yes No 97.3
Have you visited Hazratganj spencer's earlier ?
9.8 yes no 90.2
Visted Hazratganj spencer's
12.9 18.8 68.3
Once Tw ice More than Tw ice
10.0 20.0 70.0
local shop big bazaar any other
R-1 R-2 R-3 10.1 R-4 R-5
R-1 R-2 40.4 R-3 R-4 R-5
R-1 R-2 R-3 R-4
2.32.3 39.8 25.0
R-1 R-2 R-3 R-4 R-5
R-1 R-2 17.2 R-3 R-4 R-5
6.7 25.6 i ii 67.8 iii
i ii iii 23.6 iv v vi
i 21.3 ii iii iv 40.0 v vi
i ii iii iv v vi
i 9.3 18.5 ii iii iv 33.3 v vi
0.0 5.4 44.6
i 7.1 17.9 ii iii iv 25.0 v vi
• Uni ver se : Outl et s of organi zed ret ai l se ct or and it’s cust om er s. • Samp le uni t : Pr ices o f Commo di ties av ail able at Sp ence r’s a nd Big Bazaar . • Samp le si ze : 1 00 • Samp le type : Rand om sampli ng • Ty pe of D at a: 1 . Pr imar y data: - Que st ion nai re 2. Se con dar y dat a: - Compan y’ s webs it e an d pr ice l is t of the two co mpani es.
• Spencer’s have a good brand awareness among the consumers. • FMCG products have major acceptance of all the offerings,of spencer’s, among consumers. • The consumers are not much satisfied of the offers introduced by Spencer’s. • HWP is the slowest moving section of the outlet.
• Big Bazaar have better promotional schemes than Spencer’s. • Big Bazaar have better product range than Spencer’s. • The target customer of both the companies are different. • Big Bazaar have greater acceptance among the consumers in comparison to Spencer’s.
• In order to improve its business,Spencer’s should introduce more competitive promotional schemes such as those in Big Bazaar. • The bakery section should sell the products at cheaper rates. • The product range of Spencer’s should be improved in order to match that existing in Big Bazaar.
Presented By: Karishma