This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Pastor Mike Hendon
• I appeal to you therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship.
• Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].
• We need to always keep our ultimate destination in front of us to avoid shipwreck • We are called to be like Jesus in every area of our lives
– For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren. Ro.8:29
• “My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,” Ga.4:19 • God formed man and man marred that image and God never left His idea to make man in His image. (Ge.2:7)
• One of the MAJOR areas we must be transformed is the mind. • Jesus= Golgotha—the place of the skull • Our thought life is the basis kingdom reality or of satanic assault in our lives.
• Being born again regenerates your spirit, but your mind(soul) must be renewed. • This renewal is a process whereby you allow the Holy Spirit to speak to you concerning areas of strongholds in your life.
2 Cor. 10:3-6
• For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
• A ‘stronghold’ is a fortified dwelling used as protection. • Satan ‘hides’ in our own thoughts and it is difficult to recognize him because first of all we think it is us, and second we defend our right to feel a certain way.
• • • • •
Where is satan hiding in YOUR life? How is he protected? Have you ever been sympathetic toward evil? How do I get my actions under control? “For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he” Pr.23:7
• Transformed lives only come from transformed thoughts. • Transformed thoughts take way satan’s access into our lives
• But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 2 Cor.11:3