This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
DEFINITION IT IS DEFINED AS THE PROCESS OF MEASURING AND EVALUATING THE PERFOMANCE OR ACCOMPLISHMENT. .INCLUDING INDIVIDUAL BEHAVIOUR.OF AN EMPLOYEE ON THE JOB FRONT FOR A GIVEN PERIOD.
OBJECTIVES OF PERFOMANCE APPRAISAL MAINTAIN RECORDS IDENTIFY STRENGTHS & WEAKNESS PROVIDES FEEDBACK REVIEW & RETAIN COMPARE ACTUAL & STANDARD PERFOMANCE .
REVIEW PLAN ASSESS PERFOMANCE APPRAISAL DEVELOP PERFORM .
STEPS IN PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL CREATE & SET UP PERFOMANCE STANDARDS IDENYIFY & INITIATE THE CORRECTIVE ACTION MUTUALLY SET IDENTIFIABLE & MEASURABLE GOALS DISCUSS THE APPRAISAL WITH THE EMPLOYEE MEASURE PRESENT LEVEL OF PERFOMANCE COMPARE & APPRAISE PRESENT LEVEL OF PERFOMANCE WITH STANDARDS .
5. 2. 3. CRITICAL INCIDENT METHOD WEIGHTED CHECK LIST PAIRED COMPARISON ANALYSIS GRAPHIC RATING SCALES ESSAY EVALUTION BEHAVIORALLY ANCHORED RATING SCALES . 4. 6.METHODS OF PERFOMANCE APPRAISAL: 1.
7. MANAGEMENT BY OBJECTIVES 10. PERFOMANCE RANKING METHOD 9. FORCED RANKING 11. 360 DEGREE 8. BEHAVIOURAL OBSERVATION SCALES .
.METHODS OF PERFOMANCE APPRAISAL: 1. Critical incident method This format of performance appraisal is a method which is involved identifying and describing specific incidents where employees did something really well or that needs improving during their performance period.
3. Weighted checklist method In this style. . Paired comparison analysis This form of performance appraisal is a good way to make full use of the methods of options.2. Each option is in comparison with the others in the list. There will be a list of relevant options. The results will be calculated and then such option with highest score will be mostly chosen. performance appraisal is made under a method where the jobs being evaluated based on descriptive statements about effective and ineffective behavior on jobs.
Essay Evaluation method In this style of performance appraisal. the management just simply does checks on the performance levels of their staff. In this style of performance appraisal. Essay . managers/ supervisors are required to figure out the strong and weak points of staff’s behaviors. 5.4. Graphic rating scales This format is considered the oldest and most popular method to assess the employee’s performance.
evaluation method is a non-quantitative technique. It is often mixed with the method the graphic rating scale. . Behaviorally anchored rating scales This formatted performance appraisal is based on making rates on behaviors or sets of indicators to determine the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of working performance. 6. The form is a mix of the rating scale and critical incident techniques to assess performance of the staff.
Management By Objectives(MBO) method MBO is a method of performance appraisal in which managers or employers set a list of objectives and make assessments on their .7. 8. Performance ranking method The performance appraisal of ranking is used to assess the working performance of employees from the highest to lowest levels. Managers will make comparisons of an employee with the others. instead of making comparison of each employee with some certain standards.
9. 360 degree performance appraisal The style of 360 degree performance appraisal is a method that employees will give confidential and anonymous assessments on their colleagues. 540. This post also information that can be used as references for such methods of performance assessments of 720. 180… .performance on a regular basis. and finally make rewards based on the results achieved. This method mostly cares about the results achieved (goals) but not to the way how employees can fulfill them.
while 70 or 80% will be in the middle level and the rest will be in the lowest one. For instance. Forced ranking (forced distribution) In this style of performance appraisal. employees are ranked in terms of forced allocations. . Behavioral Observation Scales The method based on the scales of observation on behaviors is the one in which important tasks that workers have performed during their working time will be assessed on a regular basis. 11. it is vital that the proportions be shared in the way that 10 or 20 % will be the highest levels of performances.10.
4. PROMOTION COMPENSATION EMPLOYEES DEVELOPMENT SELECTION VALIDATION COMMUNICATION MOTIVATION .ADVANTAGES 1. 2. 6. 3. 5.