This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Things Go Better With .
785 liters “It is said that Coca-cola sells 1.• Gallon unit of liquid capacity equal to four quarts or 231 cubic inches or 3.” .6 billion gallons every year.
” .• Invent to produce (as something useful) for the first time through the use of the imagination or of ingenious thinking and experiment “Alexander Graham Bell invented the telephone in 1876. when he was 29.
native to western South America “Coca-cola was originally made from the coca plant.” .• Coca Plant refers to any of the four cultivated plants which belong to the family Erythroxylaceae.
• Recipe a set of instructions for making something from various ingredients “Coca-cola’s recipe is still kept secret until now!” .
” .• Clever marked by wit or ingenuity “Over the years many clever advertisements have been used to sell Coca-cola products.
• Advertisement a published statement informing the public of a matter of general interest “The company has spent a lot of money on advertisement.” .
1. The drink was invented by Dr.Things Go Better with Coca-Cola Coca-cola is enjoyed all over the world. because it was originally made from the coca (cocaine) plant. Frank Robinson. . but it was given the name Coca-cola by his partner. only 9 drinks a day were sold.6 billion gallons are sold every year. In the first year. in over one hundred and sixty countries. John Pemberton in Atlanta as a health drink on 8 May 1886.
Coca-cola is still made there. and the first factory was opened in Dallas. Billions of bottles and cans have been produced since 1895. but the recipe is still kept secret! . in 1895.The business was bought by a man called Asa Candler in 1888. Texas.
.Diet Coke has been made since 1982. and over the years many clever advertisements have been used to sell the products. It is certain that Coca-cola will be drunk far into the twenty-first century.
John Pemberton invented the drink in Atlanta • A man called Asa Candler bought the business in 1888.WHICH VOICE? PASSIVE VOICE ACTIVE VOICE • The drink was invented by Dr. John Pemberton in Atlanta • The business was bought by a man called Asa Candler in 1888. • Dr. .
.• Active voice is where the subject is the doer of the action • Passive voice is where the subject is the receiver of the action *If we want to put emphasis on the object of the action. we use the passive voice.
Pemberton? Dr.What was the main interest of the text? Dr. Robinson? Coca-cola? .
HOW ARE THEY FORMED? • Active voice – (subject) + (verb) + (object) • Passive voice – (Subject) + finite form of (to be) + Past Participle .
• 5. Rolls Royce cars are made in England. • 2. • 2. They have built three new factories this years. • 5. • 4. Rice is grown in China. • 4. . Thieves ___ two pictures from the museum last night. • 1.• 1. They ___ rice in China. Three new factories ___ this year. The telephone ___ by Bell in 1876. • 3. Two pictures were stolen from the museum last night. Bell invented the telephone in 1876. They make Rolls Royce cars in England. • 3.
• Your script should contain at least 5 sentences each for the active and passive voice. • Your dramatization should not exceed 3 minutes.ACT IT OUT! • Make a group of 3 members each. . • Choose any popular product/great invention.
Rubrics • Spontaneity of performance – 30% • Inclusion and correctness of sentences in the active and passive voice – 40% • Characterization of roles – 30% TOTAL 100% .
Fill in the blanks about the “History of the Hamburger”. . Use the correct tenses in the active and passive voice.Assignment.