You are on page 1of 15

How often are you running out of time?

No time (24 hours is not enough)

Over burdened with the work

Not organised 80:20 rule 80% of unfocussed effort generates 20% results. organised Remaining 80% of results are achieved by 20% efforts.

organised

Effective management of time

Work smarter

Take control of your work load

Being successful doesnt make you manage your time well. Managing your time well makes you successful.

Beating Procrastination
Procrastination is the thief of time Doing things at the last minute is much more expensive than just before the last minute Deadlines are really important: establish them yourself! Adopt anti-procrastination strategies.
Make your own rewards Peer pressure helps ! Identify the unpleasant consequences of NOT doing the task

Activity logs
Finds out how you really spend your time. - Helps to analyze how you spend your time. - Helps to track changes in your energy, alertness and effectiveness throughout the day. - Helps to identify and eliminate time-wasting or lowyield jobs.

The Four-Quadrant TO DO list ***

Action Programmes
1. Collection: Make inventory of all things 2. Pruning: Process the list carefully and delete non relevant things 3. Organising & prioritising: Review your inventory of processed list and insert your projects into a formatted action program

It helps to make the very best use of your own efforts and those of your team.

Effective schedulingPlan your time, make time for your self.

Under stand what you can realistically achieve with your time Plan to make the best use of the time available Leave enough time for things you absolutely must do Preserve contingency time to handle the unexpected Minimize stress by avoiding over-commitment to others

If you can dream it, you can do it


Goals, Priorities, and Planning Why am I doing this? What is the goal? Will I succeed? What happens if I choose not to do it?

Strategies for TM
Delegation of work Clutter free desk area Keep short phone calls and meetings Interruptions for just 6 to 9 mins in 1hr Effective utilization of technology
Computer Scratch pads Voice mails Dictaphones Speaker phones

Time is money
Time must be explicitly managed, just like money Turn money into time especially important for people with kids or other family commitments

Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand, and I can move the earth. ----- Archimedes