This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Submitted by: Rahul jadhav, A3, FIAT,Aurangabad.
The following presentation is done on the basis of the findings that I got from visiting the remand home, Thrissur as a part of our self development class assignment for the purpose of analyzing my own personality, to examine the factors which contributes to personality development, to understand the importance of time management, to understand leadership skills needed for a specific situation, to develop an open self personality.
Keeping in mind the first day at Frankfinn and this day when you have completed the project, Please map your development, in terms of your personality, emphasizing on your SWOT…
During my course in frankfinn I improved my self in lots of means some are stated below: I have improved myself in communication means Now I am able to effectively communicate and express myself in front of others with out any fear. I have transformed my self from an ambivert personality to extrovert. I have a clear idea how to manage time effectively and efficiently. I changed a lot in means of attitude when I changed my negative attitude to positive attitude I noticed a great change in my self. Another change that I have noticed is that I became a positive thinker. I turned my self as a winning personality with the help of my institute and personality development classes.
(1st day in frankfinn)
Strengths • Confident • Intelligent • Energetic • Frank • responsible
Weakness • Very weak in sticking to decisions • Extravagant • Less adaptable
Opportunities • Upcoming number of airlines • Opportunity to deviate towards hospitality field as well as travel management.
Threats • High competition • Financial threats
Strengths • Good communication skill • Positive thinking • Positive attitude • Good perception • Effective time management • Bold enough to face all the threats Weakness • Less Observant • Not spontaneous • Very frankSometimes creates enemies
Opportunities • Aviation • Hospitality • Travel and tourism • Call centers • Mnc and banks • Private firms
Threats • Financial threats
Factors important for the developments of ones personality, state it with your observation and realization:
• Perception: I always had a fear of failure that pulled me back from doing things. I realized that only a wining perception makes one successful • Learning and Knowledge: I used to learn everything mugging up with out applying it in my daily life. I realized whatever I have learned wrongly I have to unlearn and relearn it • Rationality: I observed that sentiments and emotions ruled me and I gave up my goal for pleasure. I realized that instead of being emotional I should be rational towards my goal.
• Attitude: I am a person who is so uncertain and doubtful I realized that attitude is important than fact so I should develop a positive attitude. • Empathy: I never understood others feelings, I realized that stepping into the shoes of others will glorify your personality. • Persistence • Motivation • Confidence • Commitment
Analyze the above mentioned factors with example from your experience during the assignment
From the assignment I understood the importance of positive attitude and thinking. Then I found that another key factor in ones personality is his communication skill and his ability to express himself and ideas before others in spite of the listeners maturity level. Time management is another factor and if we manage time effectively that means we are committed towards the job that we are doing. we should be so empathetic that we should understand others also who s there in our team .We should be rational towards our job lots of factors will be there to divert us from our goal but we should be rational and achieve our goals. A high level of confidence is also very important factor.
Factors that lead the kids to reach the Remand home
• Negative conditioning • Lack of motivation • Lack of proper education After reaching this place: • They got caring • Motivation • Education • Positive conditioning
Conditioning is the way an individual is brought up. It is the process by which people or animal are trained to behave in a particular way when some situations come across. In the Remand home that I visited as a part of our assignment the main thing that we noticed is that it is not because of his problem that a child is committing a big mistake but it is because of the way they are conditioned by others and it is fact that whatever changes that they have right now is as a result of the good conditioning that they are getting from the remand home. It is very clear that one cant change their past but can shape the future utilizing the present well…
Qualities required for a leader
• • • • • • • • Setting objective: Objectives selected by the leader should be achievable and should not feel as a burden to the team members. Organizing & planning: Important thing in achieving the prefixed objectives Decision making: He should be very careful in making decisions as it should convince all the members Integrity & honesty: the leader should be utmost honest towards his team Enthusiasm: leader should be enthusiastic and that should inspire the other members Ambition: he should be ambitious Empathy: he should understand and act according to the feelings of the team members Motivational: he should be a motivation and a model to his tea members
• • • • • • •
Emotional stability Intelligence Human relations and people skills Objectivity Technical skills Communication skills Social skills
If you were given a task to develop even one of those underprivileged individual whom you have noticed during this assignment, what action you would take to enhance his or her personality? Arun a 6th standard student from a very good family got into this remand home as he steeled a mobile phone from somebody and was caught red handed. He is so afraid now and he is not ready to face any one as he really had a biter experience after this incident our society didn’t considered his age at all and labeled this child a thief. They always treated him like that. And this really hurt the boy and now he is not ready to go back to his family he is planning to live his rest of life in the remand home. He thinks that this is the end of his life. his mother passed away during his child hood and his father has ever come to meet him in the remand home. This makes him feel that he is a total waste If I get a chance I will help this boy to get out of this….
SWOT analysis of Arun
Getting good conditioning from the remande home Lot of inborn talents like singing is there. De-motivated by others Others negative attitude and perception towards him
Ignorant about his talents
• • • • • Visit regularly Provide him some good books Give him care ad attention Motivate him Give some positive strokes
How time management is important?
Time management can be defined as “applying management principles which helps in maximizing the value of time by including those activities which produce positive results and rejecting those activities which either waste timeor produce negative results”.
Value of time Time is money, Every minute of our life is worth a lot of money because a huge investment have already been made in it by people like our parents, friends and family. Every day and every minute of everyday is worth money and must be treated with respect and care. Money must be handled with responsibility and so must time.
Barriers that we came across for managing time efficiently
• Likes and dislikes • Lack of discipline • Procrastination: Putting things off for a later time. • Weak interest in life • Improper reference groups
How we can over come these barriers?
• • • • • • Prioritize Do it now Set goals, achieve goals Put things in writing Use wasted time Using time management grid
Time management Grid
High important/ High Urgency Low important/ High Urgency High importance/ Low urgency Low important/ Low urgency
How individual can be a better planner in terms o time management?
• Keep everything in writing and decide what is most important and do that first • Don’t make the mistake of doing what you like instead of doing what is important • Do the most difficult job first • Stop keeping things pending
• Keep a strong goal automatically decides what to do and when • All goals must have dead lines • Reject all those which are unimportant and time wasters • Write things down, don’t try to remember, carry a pocket diary and jotting pad always • Checking what else can do commuting and waiting • Make friends who are productive rather than who indulge in time pass activities
Importance of an open self personality
When a person knows ones own personality and is willing to share ideas, thoughts feelings and values with others, that person is called an “open self” personality. In service sectors like hospitality and aviation it is very important that one should be an open self personality to work successfully. He should be very clear to others. He should share what he knows without shyness, uncertainity or lack of confidence. He should know himself better than others know about him. He should make conscious and constructive interpersonal relations.
How to develop an open self personality?
• • • • • • • • • Know yourself Decide your objective Say “hello” first Share your dreams, desires, hobbies & ambition Help others Be on time Be pro-active all the time Smile a lot Keep “small successes” on going
Diagram shows the 4 types of self in the Johari window format.
Information known to self Information not known to self
Information known to others Information not known to others
1 Open 3 Hidden
2 Open 4 Unknown
I am thankful to my institute and our centre head for allowing me to me to go for our assignment purpose to Remand home, Thrissur for our personality development classes. My sincere gratitude towards our faculty Mr. desai for giving us such a wonderful opportunity and guidance, I thank my whole team members and also the staffs of the Remand home especially the superintend Mr. Rajendran, Mr. Ram Kumar the guard. Thankful to whole students of the remand home for their kind co-operation.
• Frank Finn module for personality development • Think and grow rich- Napoleon hill • Magic of thinking big-David Schwartz
I hereby declare that the above work is done by me and it is my own work.
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.