Research Methods in Business
Guided by : Prof. Gauri Gaikwad
Abhishek Gupta Digvijay Bhosale Ketan Khairnar Pratik Bhosale Sajid Ansari Vitendra Khardikar 35 09 46 10 03 47
Sr. no 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Particular Type of product Name of product Vision & mission SWOT Analysis Process Should be followed Manufacturing process Quality Control Advantages Disadvantages Advertisement Table & Graphical Questionnaire Timing of lunching of product Conclusion Page no 4 5 6 7&8 9 10 to 14 15 16 & 17 18 & 19 20 21 & 22 23 & 24 25 26
Cola Flavor 2. Orange Flavor 3. Lemon Flavor 4. App Drink (apple flavor)
.Type of Product
• Soft Drink consist of Four flavours 1.
Name of the Product
• • • • • Product name is “SPARKLING DRINKS” COLA SPARKLING ORENGE SPARKLING LEMON SPARKLING APPS SPARKLING
To refresh the world to inspired movements of optimism and happiness create value and make a difference.VISION
Be a great place to a work where people are inspired to be the best they can be.
so it is not huge company so we can change our principle. distribution pattern according to market condition Since it’s a new company therefore nothing to loose • Excellent branding and advertising • Excellent distribution and availability
• • • Low finance: because of low fiancé so lack of research Lack of specialized staff Aerated drinks not popular with health conscious people
• • • • • • •
Opportunity Leverage successful brand Pepsi Advertise more Buy out competition More Brand recognition Threats Threat from other aerated drinks competitors Threat from substitutes like fruit juices Boycott from health conscious people
and chlorination.Process should be followed
• Impurities in the water are removed through a process of coagulation. filtration. Coagulation involves mixing floc into the water to absorb suspended particles.
. small amounts of chlorine are added to the water and filtered out. To sterilize the water. The water is then poured through a sand filter to remove fine particles of Roc.
The Manufacturing Process
• Most soft drinks are made at local bottling and canning companies. Brand name franchise companies grant licenses to bottlers to mix the soft drinks in strict accordance to their secret formulas and their required manufacturing procedures.
The water passes through a layer of sand and courser beds of gravel to capture the particles. A vacuum pump de-aerates the water before it passes into a dosing station
. and dechlorinating the water
• The clarified water is poured through a sand filter to remove fine particles of floc.Filtering. an activated carbon filter dechlorinates the water and removes residual organic matter. sterilizing. • Sterilization is necessary to destroy bacteria and organic compounds that might spoil the water's taste or color. The chlorinated water remains in the storage tank for about two hours until the reaction is complete. The water is pumped into a storage tank and is dosed with a small amount of free chlorine. much like the sand filter. • Next.
• 6 The water and syrup are carefully combined by sophisticated machines.Mixing the ingredients
• The dissolved sugar and flavor concentrates are pumped into the dosing station in a predetermined sequence according to their compatibility. using ultraviolet radiation or flash pasteurization. The syrup may be sterilized while in the tanks. which involves quickly heating and cooling the mixture. Fruit based syrups generally must be pasteurized. too much agitation can cause unwanted aeration. called proportioners. which regulate the flow rates and ratios of the liquids. The ingredients are conveyed into batch tanks where they are carefully mixed.
. The vessels are pressurized with carbon dioxide to prevent aeration of the mixture.
Many carbonators are equipped with their own cooling systems. The temperature of the liquid must be carefully controlled since carbon dioxide solubility increases as the liquid temperature decreases.Carbonating the beverage
• Carbonation is generally added to the finished product.
. though it may be mixed into the water at an earlier stage. fruit drinks require far less carbonation than mixer drinks. The amount of carbon dioxide pressure used depends on the type of soft drink. which are meant to be diluted with other liquids. For instance. such as tonics. The beverage is slightly over-pressured with carbon dioxide to facilitate the movement into storage tanks and ultimately to the filler machine.
either tinplate or steel crowns with corrugated edges. and safe use of the product. Most labels are made of paper though some are made of a plastic film. or pull tabs. twist offs.Filling and packaging
• The finished product is transferred into bottles or cans at extremely high flow rates. • Finally. This is usually achieved by spraying the containers with warm water and drying them. Cans are generally pre-printed with product information before the filling stage. they must be brought to room temperature before labeling to prevent condensation from ruining the labels. • Because soft drinks are generally cooled during the manufacturing process.
. Labels are then affixed to bottles to provide information about the brand. shelf life. containers are packed into cartons or trays which are then shipped in larger pallets or crates to distributors. ingredients. The containers are immediately sealed with pressure-resistant closures.
• The National Soft Drink Association and other agencies set standards for regulating the quality of sugar and other ingredients. To prevent such spoilage. sanitized environments. particles in the beverage will spoil it.
. sugar must be carefully handled in dry. creating floc. If soft drinks are produced with low-quality sugar.
Pepsi. In fact. it is so easy to grab and convenient to drink Soda Habit • For some people. drinking several sodas a day is a force of habit. and supermarket checkouts. You might not realize how ubiquitous Coke. and the like are in our society until you try to stop drinking soda.
. Convenience. at fast-food chains. You know drinking soda is a habit when you find yourself going to the grocery store at 10 p. it is delicious. because your refrigerator is tapped out. If you want something quick or are in a hurry. it is so good.Advantages
It's Very Tasty! • The taste could be one thing that gets us addicted to drinking soda. that many people drink it with every meal! It's Everywhere! • Even if you wanted to drink something else. "Grab-n-Go"! • The most addictive thing about soda is the convenience.m. you would be hard-pressed to find it as prominently displayed in vending machines.
a large soda is only an extra dollar. However. And saliva helps to neutralize acids (soda is the most acidic beverage you can buy) and wash your teeth clean. and you get fries! Thirst • Often people drink soda to quench the thirst. Caffeine Addiction • Many soft drinks contain caffeine and caffeine is mildly addictive. This fact is part of the reason soda is such a hard habit to break.the soda habit and the caffeine habit. With combo meals. If you're addicted to the caffeine in soda. this is probably the worst time to drink soda. you're really having two habits .
. because when you are very thirsty or dehydrated you have low levels of saliva.It Is Cheap • Soda may be pretty inexpensive when compared with fruit juice and milk.
High soda consumption (particularly cola15) in children poses a significant risk factor for impaired calcification of growing bones. Diabetes • This is a consequence of #2. Drinking soda not only contributes to making people fat.6 especially in people who drink soft drinks instead of calcium-rich milk7.disadvantages
Weight Gain & Obesity • Many people either forget or don't realize how many extra calories they consume in what they drink. Anything that promotes weight gain increases the risk of diabetes. Drinking a single 330 ml can a day of sugary drinks translates to more than 1lb of weight gain every month.
. but it also stresses the body's ability to process sugar Weakened Bones • Frequent consumption of soft drinks may also increase the risk of osteoporosis.
it's because of their acidity and radical mineral imbalances. particularly in the form of soft drinks.Kidney Damage • Researches clearly demonstrated that large quantities of cola result in enhanced kidney stone formation if you're wondering exactly how soft drinks cause kidney stones. it slowly forms kidney stones. Your body must buffer the acidity of soft drinks with calcium from your own bones. leads to an increase in blood pressure Harmful Effects On Liver • There is evidence that consumption of too many soft drinks puts you under increased risk for liver cirrhosis similar to what chronic alcoholics have
. Increased Blood Pressure • Experts have reasons to believe that overconsumption of fructose. As this calcium is eliminated through your urine.
museums.in stores. restaurants.Advertising
• Soft drinks are heavily consumed in part because companies promote them vigorously . and even schools.Billions of dollars are spend on advertising sodas . • Hoardings • Free Samples • Television Ads
.and market them everywhere . gas stations.
26.36 36.65 35.73
55 to 64
46.Table: Age Wise Division of different Drinks
Age Group Cold Drink Other Soft Drink Other Beverages
25 to 34 35 to 44 45 to 54
Graphical: Age Wise Division of different Drinks
60 50 40 Cold Drink Other Soft Drink Other Beverages
20 10 0 Under 25 25 to 34 35 to 44 45 to 54 55 to 64 Above 65
Occupation:_______________________________ 5. Should carbonated drinks healthy for us? Yes No
. Which soft drink? Carbonated Drinks Fruit Drinks 7. Do you drink Soft drinks? Yes No (If No then Please Fill the form) 6. Age :_____________ 3. Gender : Male Female 4.Questionnaire
Name:________________________________________________ 2. Which Fruit drinks you like most? Frooti Mazza Slice Real Tropicana Jumping 9. Which Carbonated drinks you like most? Pepsi Coke 7up Thumbs up Big cola Re Mirinda Sprit 8. If yes.
do you give to our product?
. What is your opinion for our product Excellent Good Fair Poor 15. In which package do you like most? 65ml 200ml 500ml 1000ml 2. Which drink give you more value? Pepsi Coke 7up Thumbs up Big cola Re Mirinda Sprit 11.5l 2l
14. Which quantity do you prefer most? 65ml 200ml 500ml 1000ml 2.Any Recommendation. suggestions. Which packages do you prefer most? Pet bottle Glass Bottle Tetra Pack 12. We are introducing our new soft drink “ It is carbonated drink.10.5l 2l 13.
because it will be the time of summer & thrust. so we can attract more peoples.
. • It will be also good because at the time IPL matches will be started.Timing for launch the product
• Since it’s a soft drink march month will be good for launching new soft drinks such as our Sparkling Drinks.
The main target would be youth.Conclusion
After researching local market the whole seller as well as retailer response was good for our new brand of soft drink.
. Since the response was good the product should be lunched.