This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
What’s Google Apps?
• Google Apps is a software-as-aservice for business email, information sharing, and security that helps enhance business agility. It is a one type of “Collaborative Software”. • The Collaborative Software consists of 1. Communicate
Difference from Microsoft/IBM
Google Apps contains :
• Communicate Gmail Google Talk Google Calendar • Collaborate Start Page Google Documents Google Page Creator
Google Apps is suitable for :
• SME • Governme nt • Educationa l • Non-profit
How many editions?
Advantages of Google Apps
Google Page Creator
How to apply Google Apps?
1. Open http://www.google.com/a 2. Click “Get started’’ button
3. Choose type of edition [Standard Edition for free]
4. Choose a domain name.
5. Enter the details of your profile
6. Enter the details of your administrator
7. Now you have successfully sign in for the Google Apps. You have to do is verifying domain ownership and changing MX records for your domain.
8. Click on the “To activate Google Apps services you must verify that you own your domain myblog.com.np. Verify domain ownership”
9. Choose the verification method. According to the “Upload an HTML file” method will be more practical. 10. If you choose the “Upload an HTML file” method then make a googlehostedservice.html file and enter the text specified there, save it and upload it to your home directory of the website. 11. After you have place the file click on “Verify“. 12. Now you have verified the domain ownership.
13. When you verified the domain ownership already, the system will start update and open other service except Email. To change MX record or Activate Email Service, you have to click Active email for open Email service.
How to use Gmail?
•Gmail Google's popular online email client offers 2GB of storage in its Standard edition, and in the new Premier edition now offers 10GB. The application can be run from mobile phones and has the capability to aggregate mail from your other non-Google mail accounts.
Why we should use Gmail?
What’s Google Talk?
How to use Google Talk?
•Google Talk allows for both IM, file-sharing and voice calls. You need to download a simple desktop client to use it, although IM capabilities are now built into the Gmail app too, and can be used without the GTalk client.
Similarities between Google Talk and MSN
• • • • • • • • • Encryption Third party add-ons Voice messaging and Mail Themes/Skins File transfer Message logging Offline messaging Spell-check Web cam support
What’s Google Calendar?
How to use Google Calendar? •Google Calendar allows you to create online,
shareable calendars that can be worked on by a number of users simultaneously for project and time management. Its features include the ability to send reminders of events to your mobile phone, quick calendar sharing with other users (as viewers or collaborators), commenting and discussion on events
Why we should use Google Calendar?
What’s Google Documents?
How to use Google Documents? •Google Docs and Spreadsheets comprises of a fully
featured spreadsheet and word processor, which add to their typical feature-set the ability to collaborate on documents, in real-time, through your browser. Changes made by collaborators can be seen taking place in real time, and there is also a built in chat applet which allows for quick discussion
Why we should use Google Documents?
2. Share and collaborate in real time
• Choose who can access your documents. • Share instantly. • Edit and present with others in real time.
3. Safely store and organize your work
• • • •
Edit and access from anywhere. Safely store your work. Easily save and export copies. Organize your documents
4. Control who can see your documents
• • • •
Publish your work as a web page. Publish within your company or group. Post your documents to your blog. Control who can see your pages.
What’s Start Pages?
How to use Start Page?
•Google Start Page allows you to create your own start page, replete with company branding. Selecting from Google's vast range of widgets (known as Google Gadgets it is possible to easily customize functionality to your individual needs.
What’s Google Page Creator? •Google Page Creator is an online website builder
that doesn't require the user to have any knowledge of HTML. Web pages are created using a simple drag and drop interface right from your browser, and then published out to the web.
What’s Google Sites?
•Google Sites is a structured wiki offered by Google as part of Google Apps. It was launched on February 28, 2008. It replaces Google Page Creator, Google's previous webpage creation service. All Google editorial content is licensed under Creative Commons or an Apache license.
Is an app that allows us to create and share
How to use Google Sites?
•Google Site allows you to create your own web page, replete with company branding. Selecting from Google's vast range of widgets (known as Google Gadgets it is possible to easily customize functionality to your individual needs.
Advantages of Google Sites?
• Single-click page creation • No HTML required • Customizable look and feel • Settings for accessing and sharing information • Free