This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
EVENT MARKETING PROMOTIONAL TOOLS
“Sales Promotion is a Marketing Discipline that Utilizes a Variety of Incentive Techniques to Structure Sales-Related Programs Targeted to Consumers, Trade, and/or Sales Levels that Generate a Specific, Measurable Action or Response for a Product or Service.”
Objectives of Sales promotion
• Fast sales boost • Encourage trial • Encourage repeat purchase • Stimulate purchase of larger packs • Gain distribution and shelf space • Evaluating.
Evaluating Sales Promotion
• Pre Testing Research (group discussions, hall tests, experimentation) • Post Testing Research (consumer panel and retail audit data)
Advantages of Sales Promotion Importance to Consumers
• Increased Buying Confidence – Distribution of free samples is probably the fastest and best way through which manufacturers can push consumers to try a product. Once satisfied with the quality of the sample product, consumers become more confident about buying a new product. • Reduced Rates – During promotional campaigns, companies offer their products at discounted rates. Consumers like to make use of such occasions to buy larger quantities of such products.
Advantages for Producers and Manufacturers
• Entering New Markets – Sales Promotion campaigns enable manufacturers to capture new markets. • Controlled Expenses & Measurable Results Producers have direct control over sales promotion campaigns and this enable them to make sure that there are no undue wastages in the process! • Increased Sales – Sales promotion techniques have favorable effect on the sales of products. Companies enjoy increased demands for their products while such campaigns are running.
Weaknesses of Sales Promotion
• • • • It contributes to clutter (incessant price offs, coupons, deals and premiums may devalue the product in buyers mind.) The focus on price to promote the product may reduce the perceived value in the eyes of consumers.. It can affect brand image negatively. People may delay purchase to get discounts
Reasons for the Growth of Sales Promotion
Why are companies spending more & more money on Sales Promotion Sales Managers are Under Great Pressure to Produce Results Quickly. Assessment of Sales Promotion is Relatively Easy.
Sales Promotion Strategies Target Consumer, Trade and The Sales Force. Cost for Results In This Industry Are Relatively Low.
Event sponsorships Price offs Samples
Consumer Oriented promotion
Refunds/ rebates Contests & sweepstakes
Trade oriented promotions
Retailer Kits Contests
Point of Purchase
Meaning of DM
Direct Marketing is both marketing and sales. Direct Marketing is the translation of oneon-one, face-to-face selling into broad reach media.
Objectives Of Direct Marketing
• • • • • • Generating Repeat purchase Introduction of a New Product. A platform for Cross selling. Provision of a new distribution channel Targetting Minority markets Building Loyalty
Covers a wide array of methods including: • • • • • • • • Direct mail Telemarketing Catalogue marketing Electronic media Direct response advertising Mobile marketing Door-to-door leafleting Inserts
Managing a Direct Marketing Campaign
Marketing Strategy Identify & understand Target Audience
Execute & evaluate campaign
General Advertising and Direct Mail – A Simple Comparison
ADVERTISING • Mass • Competitive Attention • Breadth • Remember • Impression • Pay for everyone DIRECT MARKETING • Targeted • Selective attention • Depth • Respond • Decision • Pay for targets
Reasons for Growth In Direct Marketing
Direct Marketing Techniques
Objectives of Direct Marketing
• • • • Direct ordering. Providing information. Visit generation. Trial generation.
Creative Idea CREATIVE IDEA FORfor DIRECT MARKETING Direct Marketing
Sending mails to Prospective customers Explaining the features Of RO water purifier
Outside play schools & primary schools
In various Health melas
In the areas/ colonies having hard water
DIRECT MARKETING STRATEGY
WIN •By taking references from existing customers •By educating the customers about the RO technology
RETAIN •By improving after sales service. •By sending mails to customers before their servicing period
•International organization. •Leads in Fashion and Beauty •Popular for exclusive hair styles and a line of skin care and hair care product. •Premium player In India.
• • • • • Young professionals. Middle-High class segment. Corporate officers. Women entrepreneurs. College going students (who go with the latest trends or we can say fashion conscious students). • Aspiring models and air hostesses who are concerned about quality/ styling and are ready to pay more for that.
• Designer shops • Kitty parties at 5 star hotels • People who come for treatments at various skin clinics like kaya which shows their concern about the way they look and also that they can afford to pay for that. • Institutes which provide coaching to aspiring Air Hostesses like AHA, Frankfin etc.
DM Strategies For HABIBs
• • • • • FORM-----Cut and Take to……… Special Gifts…. Catalogs n Mails…….. Collaboration….. Special Gifts…..
• Designing or developing a 'live' themed activity, occasion, display, or exhibit (such as a sporting event, music festival, fair, or concert) to promote a product, cause, or organization. Also called event creation.
Target Audience: Lives in metro’s and big cities Young family women ,mother-age b/w 28-38 Working women, young professional-age b/w 21-26 Working men, young professional-age b/w 21-28 Young family men, Father-age b/w 30-40
“Make your Pizza” for children at malls during Saturday and Sunday between 4 pm -8 pm. Children has to combine the plastic pizza parts to make a whole pizza. “Domino’s Delivery Express Contest” Target Audience 18 yrs. and above( with Valid 2 wheeler Driving License).
To deliver Pizza’s within 30 min.
Organizing pizza making competition to woman in Residential Welfare Associations
“Love at First bite” contest targeting the college going students. (18 to 22 years)
The launch of Luxury diamond brand designed by Saba Ali Khan on 29th August, 2009 at DLF Emporio Mall.