This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Silat is a Malay of Self-defence • Also called Pencak Silat • Family of material arts native to Southeast Asia
CLOTHING OF SILAT…
• Tengkolok- is a headkerchief with different of typing it depending on status and region • baju melayu- “malay shirt” is the male male costume • Samping- Is a waistcloth • Bengkung- Is a cloth belt or sassh which secures the samping
• Silat performances are often accompanied by a live band playing music known as gendang baku or gendang silat baku. • main instruments are: Gendang (drums) Gong Serunai (Oboe)
en ood W ick st
EXAMPLE WEAPONS OF SILAT
Spe Jav ar/ elin
Ma ch br et oa e/ ds wo rd
o es typ ple at xam Sil E
SIL CE AT KA K
AT SIL NG YO GA
Silat cekak is a style of silat from Malaysia. It is different from other martial arts in that it does not employ any evasive or side-stepping moves. The practitioner advances forward in order to defeat the enemy, making it an effective style for fighting in tight quarters such as on a boat or inside an airplane. A prominent feature of silat chekak is its straight-postured stances
Silat chekak is unique among other styles of silat because it is not used for performance or sport-sparring. Therefore, it has no dance-like moves and is not performed to traditional instruments. The word cekak has different meanings depending on the dialect. In Kedah, the phrase makan cekak is used to indicate that one is willing to perform any task. In Javanesa it means simple. The word is pronounced chakak in Minangkabau and means fight.
laysia afi ak Ma z Han t Cek Sila Usta Cekak abil Silat kS Tiger) a mau ( le) t Cek i Sila k Har g (Eag Ceka Silat Helan Cekak ahang Silat ivet) kP a ang (C hmad t Cek Sila k Mus kar A a t Cek Sila Pende ekak mau Silat C kak Ri ilat Ce S
Silat cekak pusaka ustaz Hanafi
• Ustaz H anafi is a great lea der in the world of Malay's heritage selfdefence a rt. • On 28th Decembe r 1965, Sila t Cekak was intro duce. • Ustaz H anafi has died on 1 3th August 1 986
Silat cekak Pahang
e from th d derive ndekar s • It wa ngs of Pe teachi . Ahmad k, erceka B kak or ght in a • Ce i n s to f t, mea er figh . rt se-qua clo n locks i inating culm m th e te r o e hey us spado' t • T ' ng t ar ' o r 'lin e locki k'. h cribe t ial'ceka des t the ini after
• Originated from the Bugis tribe in the Sulawesi island • Believed to have existed since the late fourtenth century at which time used to protect the malay empire and its people • Silat Gayong is widely practised in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
elf- e S ens def
Dev phy elop sica fitn l ess
f s el en S d fe on c
Advantages of silat gayong
ne li ip
Types of Silat Gayong
Silat Gayong M alaysia Silat Gayong P usaka Silat Gayong W arisan Silat GayongPa sak
How We Can represent Silat to the world?
• Martial Art (Silat) Competition World Silat Championship • Silat Festival • Present silat at World Martial Art Television • Silat’s Film Silat Lagenda Cartoon Kisah 5 Bersaudara