This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
India Delivery Center
Oracle Application Server – Portal Concepts
By Gopinath Ganesan
Contents • • • • • • • Oracle 9iAS Portal Introduction and Key benefits 9iAS Release 2 (220.127.116.11) Features Portal Architecture Portal Security Application Components in Portal Portal Export - Import Integration with other components.
Oracle 9iAS Portal Introduction and Key benefits
Introduction 9iAS Portal
• • Tool to develop wizard driven enterprise portals. The major versions of Portal are represented below to show the upgrade paths :
Oracle 9iAS Portal Version Upgrades
• • • • • • • • • Controls intranet and extranet sites with the single point browser support. Develop custom portlets with J2EE and web services. Monitor user authentication using single sign on (SSO) concept. Enabled the facility of publish and expiry date concept for the items in the portal. Provides in built web server (Apache) for the HTTP request of web pages. The whole portal application resides on the Oracle DB (Default database) in Oracle 9iAS hence avoids the explicit DB connectivity. Multilingual support for the text in the portal application to the extent of 27 languages. Enabling the wireless support as PDK (Portal Develpoment Kit ) has enabled the coded portlets to respond to the mobile request. Oracle 9ias Integration server is used as the 3 rd party interface to integrate the the applications such as SAP,Peoplesoft,MQ series, Oracle Applications,J2EE Application.
9iAS Portal Release 2 - 18.104.22.168 Features
• • • • 5. 6. 7. • • Productive J2EE development. Enhanced Mobile support. Integration of Java components like Java servlets ,JSP,EJB. Unbreakable security : Using JAAS (Java Authentication and Authorization server) HTTP-S Support for PKI (Public key infrastructure authentication) Information's stored in central repository so administrators can manage and revoke privileges using browser. Synchronize applications ,data, services in one singe oracle 9iAS server.
Portal Architecture - 22.214.171.124
PPE OC4J Container
Portal Repository DB Provider
Process Flow of Application Architecture
Mod_PLSQL Mod_oc4j DB Provider PPE / Portal Cache
Web Provider HTTP Response
Portal Middle Tier HTTP server Mod_plsql Mod_oc4j PPE
SSO Middle Tier SSO Server OID 9.0.2 9iAS Infrastructure
Roles of each component
• • • • • • HTTP request goes to Web Cache & it acts as the replica of 9iAS . Portal Cache manages requests rates ,stores the content and gets it form Cache. Mod_oc4j routes the request from HTTP server oc4j Maintains the same in oc4j instance .Manages the request by Load Balancing Algorithm. PPE Parallel Page Engine is a Java servlet retrieves the page from portal repository & assembles pages. Portal DB server is a Database server will be a custom database for the entire application. SSO & OID is the authentication mode for 9iAS 9.0.2 which manage & authenticates user/pass for Applications like: Partner Application Application which uses the 9iAS Portal SSO authentication mode e.g. Custom build Portal application . External Application Application which uses its own authentication mode where in its user / pass stored in ORASSO_PS schema in SSO DB. e. g Integrating External applications like Yahoo mail to the portal which routes the entries to the yahoo authentication.
Client HTTP Req HTTP server SSO Server Session Cookie
Validates Entry In OID
Process Flow of Security Architecture
Client places the HTTP Request for a Portal Page from the browser i.e., the Single Sign On Page with User/Pass as Entry Parameter. 2&3 Goes to SSO Server & Validates the corresponding entry in the OID - Oracle Internet Directory & Returns back to SSO Server. Check for Entry in OID :
If Valid Entry exists then 4. Session cookie is created for the valid portal user. 5. Checks for the privileges to acess the portal page. 6. Gets the relevant information from Portal Repository. 7. Passes through mod_oc4j & Parallel Page Engine for page assembling. 8. Stores the content in the Web Cache. 9. HTTP response is obtained. Else
Invalid Portal User Redirects back to SSO Page.
Portal Application Components
• • • Page Groups Providers Database Objects
Page Groups • Page groups define a user environment that includes pages and their associated supporting objects. It makes the contents accessible for the user .A Page Group may contain many pages .The major classifications in page groups are as follows: Pages Hierarchical structure of Pages : Pages Regions Portlets Items
Simple File URL Text Image Login/Logout Link
Templates • Standard format for the page which includes common header/footer image ,background for the whole portal application. Defining a generic template can be utilized for the whole application. Categories • Enables the portal search with in the application e.g. Registering a category called “Sentinel” which makes the corresponding search in Portal Repository. Navigation Pages • Defining a navigation bar for the whole portal application which has got links routed to the respective locations of the page. In built items like Home, Help will be available for common users others will be accessible only for privileged users. Style • In corporating style guidelines like background color, Font Size/Name which take cares of generic look and feel of the portal application. Items Adding customized items to the pages which includes : Simple File Any simple text file . Image Map Mapping a single image and adding to a page. PL/SQL Dynamic PL/SQL items which interacts with the Database. Page Link Linking the pages of the same page group internally. Text Simple text content. URL URL item which opens another external application or web page.
• Providers are the components which publishes the portal pages to the end users this can be further classified into 2 types : Web Providers DB Providers
Web Providers • Web provider enables to publish the external web application to be incorporated into the existing portal page. e.g. Integration of J2EE component to Portal like JSP/ Java Servlet/EJB Application . DB Providers DB Providers are the database providers which serves as the easy browser based & DB driven custom build tool for developing the following applications like : Forms Reports Links Menu Charts Dynamic Pages URL Item Building Master/Detail Forms and Customized forms for Data Entry. Building Reports based on Wizard/SQL Query . Building Links either to Portal /External Applications. A collection of related links form a Menu. Building graphical charts like Bar charts, PIE charts for statistical comparisons . Building Dynamic HTML Pages . Building URL item to a portlet.
• • • • • • • • Database objects includes all the objects in the oracle database and accessible and managed from the browser like: Tables Views Synonyms Index Procedures Functions Packages Triggers
Portal Export - Import
• • Oracle9iAS Portal includes export-import tools to migrate page group and database provider objects from one instance to another. Using export-import functionality, users can develop content on a development server, push the content on production servers.
Note : Portal supports export and import between Portal instances of the same release only not between two different releases of Portal e.g. Export / Import from Oracle 9iAS portal 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52 (Possible) Export / Import from Oracle 9iAS portal 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11 (Not Possible) The following Portal objects are available for Export / Import via UI
Export / Import via UI
Page Groups- Objects
Portal DB Providers - Objects
Page Group Page Category Template Style Navigation Page
Portal DB Provider Form Report Chart Menu Link
Availability Various options of having Production & Training Servers[ Operation Box] • Independent Server Model. • Clustering instances between each server. • Separate installation & Linking. • Single Server Installation.
Integration with other components
• Oracle 9iAS Portal enables the integrations to the other componenents using Oracle 9iAS Integration Server . Using rich services of PDK – Portal Development Kit , you can create the custom connectors to the 3rd party applications or datasources. • • The Oracle9iAS Portal Developer Kit (PDK) is the highly-productive framework for extending and integrating into Oracle9iAS Portal . List of Components which can be integrated to 9iAS Portal : 1) J2EE Applications 2) Oracle 11i Applications. 3) SAP 4) People soft 5) MQ – Series As part of Oracle E-Business Suite 11i (release 11.5.6 and later), pre-built portlets that enable direct access to application data from the portal are available. All of these portlets are integrated to take advantage of Single Sign-On as a partner application . Any external content management system can be integrated through portlets, as long as it publishes its content as HTML or XML/XSLT, and delivers it over HTTP.
Installed Components of 9iAS
List of Products gets installed on Oracle 9iAS Installation Oracle 9iAS Infrastructure • SSO Server – OID 9.0.2 • Metadata Repository • Oracle 9i DB Oracle 9iAS Portal & Wireless • 9iAS Portal 18.104.22.168 • J2EE and Web Cache • HTTP Server ( Default Apache Web server)
Technical Information on Oracle9iAS Portal
http://metalink.oracle.com http://portalstudio.oracle.com http://otn.oracle.com
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.