This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
• Born on august 20, 1946 in Kannada Madhva Brahmin family in Mysore. • Founder of Infosys. • Bachelor of Electrical Engineering From University Of Mysore. • Master’s in Technology from IIT kanpur.
• He started his career as Head of the computer centre at IIM, Ahmedabad. • In 1972, he went to Paris as a team member of a 400 terminal, real time operating system for handling air cargo for Charles De Gaulle airport. • In 1975, joined System Research Institute, Pune
• He than headed headed Patni Computer System Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai • In 1981, he started Infosys with six other professionals. • Served as the founder CEO of Infosys for 21 years. • He also serves as the director on the Central board of RBI.
• He married to Sudha Murthy on Feb 10, 1978 • Sudha Murthy is well known an Indian social worker and accomplished author • They have two children - Rohan and Akshata.
• • • • • • • Self leadership Confidence Communication Knowledge Respect Vision Attitude
BOOKS BY HIM
A Better India, A Better World
BY Narayan Murthy
Extraordinarily inspiring and visionary book Why a better India holds the key to a better world Youth are the architects of the future
It’s only business: India’s corporate social responsiveness in a Globlized world
by : Meera Mitra N. R. Narayana Murthy
Focused on CSR Why CSR is that much importan. Taken example from both Indian as well as International industry
Practical Software Estimation : Function Point Method For Insourced and Outsourced Projects
By : M.A. Parathasarathy N. R. Narayana Murthy
Written for software engineers How to estimate insourced and outsourced software projects How to successfully utilize Function Point (FP) methods
PADMA SHRI by Government of INDIA
Civilian award by Government of India
Second highest civilian award by Government of India
Officer of the Legion Of Honour
Highest civilian award by Government Of France
Commander of the British Order by the British government
FOR EVERY SUCCESSFUL MAN THERE IS A WOMAN
In 1981 Murthy wanted to start Infosys He had a vision but zero capital
Sudha Murhty gave him Rs 10,000 which she had saved for their rainy days
She worked as a clerk-cum-cook-cum-programmer.
She also took up a job as Senior Systems Analyst with Walchand group of Industries to support the house. Even today, Murty use to say, “Sudha, I stepped on your career to make mine. You are responsible for my success”.