This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
• Recruitment Recruitment is the process of attracting prospective employees and stimulating them for applying job in an organization. • Selection Is the process of discovering qualifications and characteristics of the job applicant in order to establish the likely suitability for the job.
Recruitment Vs Selection:
• Process of finding and attracting capable applicants for employment • It is a positive process • No contract of recruitment established
• Process of differentiating applicants • It is a negative process • results in a contract of service between the employer and the selected employee.
Factors Influencing Recruitment
External factors •Supply & demand •Unemployment rate •Labour market •Political-social •Sons of soil •Image Internal factors •Recruitment policy •HRP •Size of the firm •Cost •Growth & expansion
• RECRUITMENT POLICY • HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING • SIZE OF THE FIRM • COST • GROWTH AND EXPANSION
• • • • • • • Supply and Demand UNEMPLOYMENT RATE LABOUR MARKET POLITICAL-SOCIAL- LEGAL ENVIRONMENT SONS of the Soil IMAGE / GOODWILL COMPETITORS
Purpose and importance
• Encourage more candidates to apply in the organization. • Create a talent pool of candidates • Determine the requirements of the organization • Increase the pool of job candidates at minimum cost. • Help increase the success rate of selection process
• Help reduce the probability that job applicants will leave the job. • Meet the organizations legal and social obligations • Identifying and preparing potential job applicants • Increase organization and individual effectiveness