You are on page 1of 13

LYMPHATIC SYSTEM

Lymphatic vessels are closely associated with the blood circulatory system vessels. . lymphatic organs and lymphatic fluid (lymph).The Lymphatic System :- The lymphatic system is composed of lymphatic vessels.

The Lymphatic System :- Lymph nodes are areas of concentrated lymphocytes and macrophages along the lymphatic vessels. The spleen serves as a . The spleen is similar to the lymph node except that it is larger and filled with blood.

K vitamins in the villi of the small intestine through a .E.D.The Lymphatic System :- Main functions are :- 1. 2.To absorb excess fluid and return it to the blood stream.To absorb fatty acids. glycerol and A.

Lymph movement occurs slowly with low pressure due to peristalsis. due to semilunar valves. and the contraction- relaxation action of skeletal muscles. lymph travels through lymph vessels in one way only.Lymphatic circulation :- The lymphatic system is not closed and has no central pump. Like veins. . valves.

.

The Lymphatic System :- Describe the formation of lymph fluid. some of the its contents diffuse out into the surrounding tissues due to high hydrostatic pressure within the arteriole end of the capillary. . As blood passes through the capillaries.

The Lymphatic System :- Describe the formation of lymph fluid. The main components of interstitial fluid is almost the same of the blood plasma but without RBC and .

The Lymphatic System :- Describe the formation of lymph fluid. About 90% of the tissue fluid is returned directly to the blood capillary system (venule end of the capillary) whilst the remaining 10% .

.

The diagram above shows the movement of fluid between blood capillaries and the interstitial fluid. .

.

How tissue fluid and lymph are returned back to the blood circulatory system. .