This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Deviant / Variant sexual behaviors
± Are those which violate the norms of a particular society. ± Scientific term for sexual deviancy : paraphilia ³para´ meaning ± abnormal ³philia´ meaning ± love
Classification of Sexual Variations
A. Acceptable Variations 1. Masturbation - this is the process of inducing orgasm by any other means other than sexual intercourse. - accomplished through auto manipulation or self-stimulation.
- it may be accomplished by forms of friction like rubbing of sexual organ OR - use of artificial objects like dildo, an artificial erect penis, vibrators and other specialized devices. - is considered a normal activity during childhood. - masturbation may rise the feeling of guilt, shame, and disgust.
2. Oral ± Genital Sex - simply called as ³oral sex´.
fellatio is the application of
the lips and tongue to the penis.
cunnilingus process by which
the female genital organs are orally stimulated by the application of the tongue to the clitoris and labia.
- orally stimulating and tend to heighten sexual feelings and lead to orgasm. - practice depends on understanding between partners or on its acceptability. 3. Premarital Sex
B. Sexual Variations Involving Disordered Personality 1. Exhibitionism - a form of sexual behavior wherein an adult obtains gratification by exposing his genital organs to women or children. - often done in public places. Scatalogia or phone sex; making obscene phone calls to women.
- referred to as ´peeping tomµ
- sexual satisfaction by viewing the sex acts performed by other people desiring coitus. - prefer to do the act in private with the victim not knowing he/she is being watched.
3. Sadomasochism Sadism is the achievement of sexual satisfaction by inflicting physical pain and suffering on the recipient.
Masochism is the submission to
pain and humiliation in order to have sexual satisfaction.
4. Sodomy - the act of anal intercourse. - includes acts of cunnilingus, fellatio and bestiality.
Pederasty refers to anal intercourse
between an adult and a child.
5. Nymphomania and Satyriasis - refer to as exaggerated and compulsive sexual activity.
Nyphomania ± Female Satyriasis - Male
6. Fetishism - sexual satisfaction is obtained from a fetish. FETISH is an inanimate object or a certain part of the body which is not usually considered as sexually stimulating.
7. Incest - comes from the Latin word ³incestus´ meaning impure. - refers to sexual intercourse between two related persons who are prohibited by law from marrying.
8. Pedophilia - also called as ³child molestation´. - a deviation from choice of sexual object.
9. Zoophilia - also known as Bestiality. - is the practice of engaging in sexual relations with animals. - occurs in 8% of males and 3% of females according to Kinsey¶s study.
10. Necrophilia - also known as ³Vampirism´. - refers to an erotic interest in and use of a dead body to obtain sexual satisfaction.
Necromania is an erotic stimulation in the presence of or by simply viewing a dead body.
11. Transvetism - occurs when homosexuals dress in clothing of the opposite sex.
12. Transsexualism - is the condition in which a person wants to be changed into a person of the oppposite sex.
13. Rape - the use of threat or violence to submit to sexual intercourse without consent or against will.
Statutory Rape attack between a
man and a girl below the age of consent. Group rape involves two or more rapist.
- involves the sexually-oriented
touching of an unsuspecting person.
15. Klismaphilia - enemas
16. Coprophilia - Feces
17. Urophilia - urine
C. Sexual Variations Involving Social Structure 1. Nudism and Nudity - this is a form of behavior which aims to promote general health and well-being by not wearing clothes. - believes in eliminating distinctions or barriers symbolized by clothes.
2. Homosexuality - there is a sexual attraction between individuals of the same sex.
overt type keeps his/her activities
hidden from others. Overt type has no hesitancy admitting his/her sexuality and practicing it openly.
3. Prostitution - exists primarily because there is a demand from those who are willing or have the capacity to pay.
Prostitutes is someone
who indiscriminately provides sexual services in exchange for a monetary compensation.