You are on page 1of 7

Quality of academic programs and its impact on

students satisfaction at Manipal international


university
Background
 MIU was first established in year 2011, located in Kelana Jaya. It was new in the
education field in Malaysia compared to the other universities, which were well
recognized in Malaysia.

 Few years later, in year 2013 MIU was shifted to Nilai area with a bigger campus
and a better environment compared to the old building in Kelana Jaya.

 MIU offers courses such as engineering, business, biotechnology and media


communication in foundation, diploma and degree.

 the amount of the students are more than 1000, Most of the students are major in
engineering field by 80% and the other 20% are major in business and
biotechnology field.
Research problems
 Students’ satisfaction has been identified to have a significant impact on maintaining students’
loyalty and service quality in education.

 Students in the different academic programs classifications in the selected private universities
have reported differing levels of satisfaction.

 In Covenant University and Crescent University, students in Science and Technology are more
satisfied with their academic facilities than students in Social Science and Humanities whereas
in Babcock University, students in Humanities are more satisfied than those in Science and
Technology and Social Science. However, in Redeemer’s University, Social Science students are
more satisfied than students in other colleges.

 This means that students’ faculty has significant effect on their level of satisfaction. This
phenomenon should not be overlooked, It therefore implies that it must be taken into
consideration while making plans for students’ loyalty and retention in order to meet the
minimum level of enrolment of students (Oluwunmi, 2015).

Research objectives
 To find the correlation between the efficiency of academic programs and the impact of the
students’ satisfaction.

 To find the significant relationship between the efficiency of academic programs and the
students’ satisfaction.

 To find the correlation between the effectiveness of academic programs and the students’
satisfaction.

 To find the significant relationship between the effectiveness of academic programs and the
students’ satisfaction.

 To find the correlation between the attractiveness of academic programs and the impact of the
students’ satisfaction.

 To find the significant relationship between the attractiveness of academic programs and the
impact of the students’ satisfaction
 Academic Programs
When the quality of the academic programs is good, students will be satisfied and
it will give a good outcome for students and the university as well. It is because,
when the students satisfaction at the higher level, they will get a good results for
their studies and the university could raise their reputation.

 Students Satisfaction
Student satisfaction is very important for every university and college. According
to Oliver (1997), satisfaction can be defined as pleasurable fulfillment that means
the customers perceive that “consumption fulfills some need, desire, goal, and etc.
Thus, satisfaction is the sense of the customers that consumption provides
outcomes against a standard of pleasure versus displeasure. So, student is the
customer for the university and college that must to take care of and make sure
they are satisfied and comfortable throughout their studies. To make sure the
satisfaction of the students, university or college must offer a great and a quality of
academic programs that could be beneficial for the students.
Conceptual framework
QUALITY OF
LECTURER

QUALITY OF
COURSES

FACILITIES STUDENT’S
PROVIDED SATISFACTION

DESIGN OF
CURRICULUM

DEPENDENT VARAIBLE
EFFICIENCY OF
MANAGEMENT

INDEPENDENT VARIABLE