Basic Sub-modules of HCM
• • • • • Personnel Administration Organizational Management Time Management Training and Event Management Travel management
Basic structure for SAP-HR
Enterprise Structure - Company code, personnel area and personnel subarea Organization Structure - Organizational units, jobs and positions Personnel Structure - Employee group, employee subgroup, payroll accounting area
Which company does the employee work for? Whom does the employee report to?
Which department does the employee work in?
What are the tasks to be performed by the employee?
Elements of Personnel Administration
• Maintain Employee Data
– Able to view/modify HR Master Data
viz. Master, Payroll, Time data • HR Processes
– – – – Hire Employees Promotion and Increment Termination Transfer etc…
Succession and Individual growth – Appraisals
– Applicant Master Data. Selection Procedure and status – Vacancy Assignment – Advertisement
• Personnel Development
– Planning for Career.Elements of Personnel Administration (Contd..
Personal Data Contracts
Organizational Assignment Family Details Education Skills Previous Employment
Leave Entitlement Working Hours
Master Data: Overview
Organizational Assignment Address Bank Details Family Work Schedule Employee
Master Data Records
Enterprise. Personnel and Organizational Structures
Enterprise Structure Personnel Structure Organizational Structure
Way to insert Master Data
Family (IT 0021)
Address (IT 0006)
Organizational Assignment (IT 000
Bank Details (IT 0 Actions (IT 0000)
date. time and “before” and “after” data
• System generated employee numbers
– Separate range for different group employees
• Dynamic event change monitoring
– System prompts user to change update related data
• Systematic employee data entry and recall
– Well featured info-types for separate data entry – Effective dates for all data in the system – Automatic validity check on all data
• Audit trials for all changes
– Source (who).
• “Fast Entry” feature
– Screen for multiple employees – Multiple screen for one employee
• Date driven reminders • Search feature for selecting employees
– employee no. supervisor etc
• Authorization restriction
– Information on “need to know basis”
• Standard Reporting • Ad hoc reporting
Overview of Plan Version
Holder of Position Departments/ Project Teams/ SBU’s
For Position and OU
Reporting Reporting Reporting
3. Assign Cost centers 7. Create Root Organizational Unit
5.Creating an Organizational Plan
1. Create Positions
2. Create Jobs
. Create Additional Org. Assign Holders
4. Assign Tasks
Why use Organizational Management?
• Using Organizational Management. the user may get a picture of the organization at any point in time: past.
. the user may be proactive in planning for future human resource needs. present or future. With this information.
• Easy to create. change and display current Plan Version • Current plan version can be copied for future and past plan versions for
– Making imaginary business scenarios – To research compensation in various circumstances
• Integrated functionalities
– Personnel Development – Recruitment – Compensation Management
• Vacant Positions
– Stimulate to recruitment
• Structured representation of
– Enterprise structure – Reporting structure – Vacancies etc.
• • • •
Time Recording Time Evaluation Shift Planning Cross-Application Time Sheet
for # of hours worked Rs. for # of Sick Hours Rs. for Overtime
Time Evaluation # of Hours Worked # of Sick Hours # of Overtime Hours
.Time Management Overview
Infotypes Employee is at work Employee is Sick Employee Working Overtime FI/CO Payroll Payroll Rs.
Time Recording : Methods of Time Data Capture
• Manual time sheets
– Employee physically record start and end time
• Using clock punch cards
– Employee use machines to punch a card
• Electronically via magnetic card
– Employee swipes a card at a time terminal
• Employer assumes employee works contracted hours
– Employee only informs employer of changes
Infotype 0001 Infotype 0007
Monthly work schedule How are employees schedule to work on the day When can they take breaks? Is the day a public Holiday?
Time Recording (Infotypes)
• Work Schedule
– – – – Fixed or Flexible work schedule Paid / unpaid breaks Predefined holidays for separate personnel area (PA) Substitute (Badali employee)
• Define and assign Quotas to PA
– Absent quota (Leave Management) – Attendance quota – Overtime quota
• Fine integration with Payroll
Contributions • Loans Repayment • Taxes • Third Party Deductions • Other deductions
• PF Contribution • Super Annuation • Provision for Gratuity • etc.
• Basic • Allowances • Reimbursements • Bonus.
Basic Pay HRA LTA Allowances Additional Payments Overtime Professional membership Bonuses Recurring Payments & Deductions
g.Flexible Wage Types (Salary Component) • Wage types with fixed amount (direct valuation)
– e. pay scale groups and levels
. personnel area. personnel subgroup group.000/annum
• Tax conscious • Wage types for reimbursement and claims
– Special reports for the current status
• For specific personnel group.g.g. HRA (30% of Basic)
• Can assign upper and lower limits
– e. Medical reimbursement maximum Rs. Basic pay
• Wage type depends on other wage types (indirect valuation)
– e. 15.
Basic pay (IT-0008)
Deductions = Net Pay
•Payroll Organization •Basic Pay •Other Payments & Deductions
•Direct Deposit/Checks •FI/CO Transfer •*Third Party Remittance •*Tax Reporting
Master Data Time Management
Prerequisite Configuration for Payroll
Master data entered for current pay period Release Payroll Fix rejects and other updates Start Payroll Check Results
Results No OK ?
Any rejects ?
Exit Payroll Remuneration & Subsequent Activities
Balance expenses with GL entries
Bank Details (IT 0009)
• Need based Payroll system • Specific Payroll Period • Separate Payroll period for Separate personnel group. personnel area • Flexible for wage type calculations
• Country Specific Payroll Roll Out
– Separate legal and tax provisions
• Realization and reports on Gross Payroll • Realization and reports on Net Payroll • Realization and reports on Deductions
– Legal deductions – Loan and other premiums – Recovery of advance payment
80c – Provident Fund – ESI (if applicable)
– PF 3A. Form 7) – Income tax (Form 16. 6A – Pension (Form 6.Legal Provisions
• Applicability of the labour laws
– Monthly eligibility check
– Income Tax under section 80. Form 24)
• Standard Reporting • Ad hoc reporting • Integration with Time Management
– – – – – Overtime Leaves Leave without pay Shift allowances Paid holidays
– Reaction to booking/ prebooking etc. – Transfer skills.Internal/ External.
. Book Resources. Location/ Building. Organiser .
– Have attended xyz Buz event. – Should have abc skills. Capacity.Business Event
• Standard Buz Events
– – – – – Schedule.
– Correspondence (e-mail/ letters).
• Attendance Menu.
– Book/ Prebook/ Replace/ Rebook/ Cancel. Cancellation List per attendee/ Buz event. • Trainee/ Attendee Administration.Attendees
• Employees/ Applicants/ Ext Persons/ Company/ Department. • Reports
– – – – – – Int/ Ext Attendee List. Attendees Training History. Attendee bookings/ prebooking/ rebooking.
. Attendee Appraisal. Attendance Statistics. – Bulk Booking.
• Displaying the Approval notification for the employee • Settling a Trip (posting to account) • Standard and Ad hoc reports
• Travel Planning
– Entering a travel request
• By the employee or his boss
• Travel Expenses
– Entering the Trip Facts – Checking Trip Facts
• Approving a Trip
– By the concern authorities – With necessary modification.
Cost incurred & Approval
Cost in standard format
Transfer to account
Personnel Administration Organizational Management Training and Event Time Management Travel Management