This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
1) Know the date, time and venue of the exam and arrive early. 2) While you wait try to relax. Think about a positive place or memory. 3) Turn off your portable handset as you will be told to leave if it rings during the exam. 4) Complete the exam by answering all the interrogative sentences to the best of your ability. 5) Bequeath yourself fifteen minutes for task one and ten minutes for tasks two and three. This will leave 5 minutes to check your answers. 6) Don t talk to your friends. If you finish early review your responses. 7) Do not speak with a teacher 8) Don t leave early. 9) If you don t know the answer to a question, guess the answer do not try to solicit it from a friend. 10) Remember to pay attention to anything the teachers say. ADVICE Don t stay up late watching TV the night before. Practise previous papers.
3 things you must remember
Glossary venue = the building and room where you will take the exam portable handset = mobile phone interrogative sentences = questions bequeath = give review your responses = check your answers solicit an answer from a friend = cheat by copying your friends pay attention to = listen to previous papers = old papers, papers from other years
1) The text tells you (Please cross out the wrong answers) A How to fail your exam B Hints and Tips about your exam C The date of your exam 2) How many tasks are there in the exam? (Circle A, B or C) A 5 B 3 C 10 3) How long is the exam? 4) What should you do if you finish early? (Please circle the correct answer) A wait until the end of the exam B leave early C check your answers with your teacher 5) Name 2 things that you must bring with you and
Questions 6-8 : complete the sentences with one of the following your phone rings you can t work it out. listen to the teacher.
6) Guess the answer to the question if 7) You will be told to leave if . 8) If your teacher tells you to do something
9) What should you do the night before?
10) What should you do when the teachers are talking?
Don t complete the form!!
Questions Look at the form and answer the following questions. For each question there is only one correct answer. (Please circle the correct answer)
11. This form is A to register your computer B to read your emails C to open a new email account 12. What would you see as options in the Gender box? A male or female B man or woman C married or single 13. What should you type in the box below where you typed your password? A a different password B the same word as the box above C anything you like 14. How can I stop registering if I decide I don not want to.
15. The form asks you to type the security code. Which is correct? A 6sFSLL B 6sE5LL C 6sFsLL
Leeds City College Programme Leaders
Look at the table and answer the questions below Course Arts & Media Business Catering ESOL Hair and Beauty Maths Room 381 256 110 EN10 200 EN80 Tutor John Painter Steven Suit Charles Cook Heidi High Pretty Patel Henry Sum Ext. No. 6523 6591 6817 6471 6912 6213
* EN Enfield Centre
1) Where would you expect to find this information? (Circle A,B or C) A In a Newspaper B In a shop C On a college noticeboard If you want to study hairdressing which room should you go to? A 256 B 200 C 80 Which course does Mr S.Suit teach? A Arts & Media B ESOL C Business Which 2 course tutors are in the Enfield Centre? and Where would Information Technology come in the list? A After Business and before Catering B After Hair and Beauty and before Maths C After ESOL and before Hair and Beauty