This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
The Birth of Pharmanex
15 years in the Pharmaceutical industry. Identified need for quality control and standards in nutritional industry. Achieved $50 million per year in sales. Purchased by Pharmanex in 1998 for $135 million.
The Pharmanex Difference
• Over 125 PhD Scientists on Staff • More than 150 Scientific Affiliations Globally • University Affiliations
Stanford, UCLA, Harvard, Columbia, Tufts, Purdue, Shanghai Medical University, Peking University and Beijing University
• Rigorous Discipline of 6S Quality Process
A pharmaceutical approach to nutritional supplementation
Over 125 PhD level Scientists
Disciplines including • Botany • Natural Product Specialists • Medicinal, analytical and process chemists
• Quality control specialists • Biochemistry • Molecular biology • Pharmacology • Toxicology
Pharmanex Scientific Advisory Board
To locate the botanicals with the most effective healthpromoting properties, Pharmanex employs teams of experts from the United States and Asia. These teams conduct exhaustive research-compiling, reviewing, and summarizing historical use and current intelligence about a botanical's properties and health benefits. Pharmanex also conducts original research to identify new botanicals, coordinating with noted professionals at Purdue University, Kansas University, Columbia University, Scripps Research Institute, and Beijing University, among others. Only botanicals that pass extensive Pharmanex tests for authenticity, usefulness, and safety are considered.
Once Pharmanex decides to proceed with a particular botanical, a team investigates potential sources of the botanical and conducts exhaustive analyses on samples from each source. Sources may be domestic or international and may include Pharmanex cultivation areas in China and Chile. Pharmanex chooses suppliers based on the quality and concentration level of the active ingredient(s) present in samples from the supplier’s source.
Using state-of-the-art analytical techniques and working in collaboration with respected universities and laboratories in both China and the United States, Pharmanex conducts structural analyses of the natural compounds present in the selected botanical. These analyses isolate and purify specific chemical structures in standardized extracts, a critical step in ensuring a safe and effective botanical.
Wide variations in active ingredients are characteristic of any botanical. For example, when Pharmanex analyzes potential Ginkgo biloba leaves, studies reveal the concentrations of active components will vary by as much as 300% depending on season, climate, soil, method of harvest, storage conditions, and processing. Pharmanex optimizes the active ingredients of a product through strict, proprietary standardization processes (to at least one relevant marker molecule). Each capsule of a Pharmanex product contains the same amount of each active ingredient.
Pharmanex is leading the way in establishing strict standards to ensure the safety of its products. Scientists research and document the history of a product's use and safety. Pharmaceutical-grade tests for the presence of microbes, toxins, and heavy metals are carried out for all products. The active ingredient amount used is based on dosages found effective through clinical trials and is backed by published data on file at Pharmanex. Each product label details directions for use and contains appropriate warning information.
Pharmanex makes product claims that have been substantiated only through documented preclinical and clinical studies. Existing clinical data are reviewed, and when necessary, Pharmanex sponsors studies of its products. Data from some of these studies are subsequently submitted to major international journals for review. This adherence to scientific standards for substantiation helps make Pharmanex a leader in the natural healthcare product industry.
Scanner in Nutritional Research
1) Modify Formula
Largest Nutritional Database in the World
2) Feed to Test Groups
4) Track Progress
3) Measure Results
• Enhanced Molecular Delivery • Nano Encapsulation • Patent Pending Formula
Benefits of LifePak Nano
•Nourishes and protects cells, tissues, and organs in the body with the specific purpose to guard against the ravages of aging each day of your lifespan •Superior bioavailability with CR-6 LipoNutrients™ enhances uptake from the gut into the bloodstream and body for maximum anti-aging benefits •Advanced anti-aging formula helps protect the body with key nutrients such as NanoCoQ10™ and nano carotenoids •Helps maintain normal inflammatory responses in the body
•Feeds and helps protect the brain •Offers superior DNA protection against damaging free radical attacks •Protects cell health with an antioxidant defense network •Helps protect cardiovascular health with a comprehensive blend of omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients •Provides comprehensive bone nutrition support •Promotes healthy immune function •Supports normal blood sugar metabolism •Corrects nutritional deficiencies •SCS certified
Pharmanex scientists have performed clinical trials which prove greater absorption of serum levels of Vitamins C and E and inhibition of LDL oxidation.
Gac Juice (Momordica cochinchinensis) Cili Juice Siberian Pineapple Chinese Lycium
With Highly Bio-Available Lipocarotenes™
Lycopene (µg/g wet wt.)
2500 2000 1500 1000 500 0 31 Tomato 41 Watermelon 54 Guava Gac aril 2227
70 times more than tomatoes!
Ishida et al., J Agric Food Chem 52:274, 2004
Vitamin C in Cili Fruit (mg/100g wet wt.)
2500 2000 1500 1000 500 0 30 Mandarin 45 Orange 71 Kiwi Cili 2500
60 times more than oranges!
Zeaxanthin in Chinese Lycium (µg/g wet wt.)
1000 900 800 700 600 500 400 300 200 100 0 800
40 times more than yellow corn!
18 Yellow Corn Ch.Lycium
Beta-Carotene (µg/g wet wt.)
800 700 600 500 400 300 200 100 0 48 Spinach 76 Carrot 79 Sw.Potato Gac aril 718
10 times more than carrots!
Ishida et al., J Agric Food Chem 52:274, 2004
• Increases energy • Anti-aging properties • Promotes eye health • Strengthens Immune System • Fights cancer • Improves circulation • Regulates cholesterol • Promotes Prostate health • Facilitates optimal bioavailability of key nutrients • Promotes skin health • Promotes vascular health • Promotes wound healing • Protects skin from UV damage • Fights heart disease • Prevents stroke • Stabilizes blood pressure • Promotes better digestion • Promotes prostate health • Bolsters immune system • Promotes liver health • Eases headaches • Promotes sexual health • Promotes vitality
LifePak… the First Supplement with all 3 Certifications!
– Exhaustive formulation & toxicology analysis – FDA, cGMP, NSF, ANSI compliance
– Free from 80+ banned substances by IOC, WADA, USADA, NFL, NCAA
– Ingredient verification – Only MVMS to test and pass in 6
Your ADR Closing Rate should be 50–80% or more, or you NEED to hone your skills!
You need to internalize how CRITICAL this is!
Successful Scanning Begin with the end in mind. You are NOT there to: Scan people Get the word out Let people know what their score is You ARE there to: GET PEOPLE ON LIFEPAK/G3
IT’S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!
Steps to Successful Scanning
1. Establish Rapport 2. Importance of Antioxidants 3. Importance of Score 4. Their score 5. Nano/G3 6. Program Benefits 7. 3-Point Close 8. Follow up
Eye Contact Smile Make them feel comfortable
This is your chance to let them know you’re a human – not just a salesman
DO NOT GET WRAPPED UP IN INPUTTING DATA!
The Importance of Antioxidants
What are free radicals? What do they cause? Where do they come from? What are antioxidants? KEEP IT SIMPLE
Importance of Score Emphasize importance of score first THEN tell them their score
50,000 to 100,000+ = 40,000 to 49,000 =
Optimal Good Weak Poor
C 30,000 to 39,000 = Moderate D 20,000 to 29,000 = F
10,000 to 19,000+ =
Dr Jones found a product he believes in so much, he’s taking it, and he’s actually letting his patients get it at the Doctor’s Discount! Would you like to find out more about it? Pharmanex is a RESEARCH company LifePak Comparison chart
Everything SCIENCE says you need Doctor’s cost Every 6th month it’s FREE Shipped directly to doorstep Free Scans every 30 days (save $30 more!) Money-back guarantee
3 Point Close To me:
- Get the supplement the Doctor takes at his cost - Free scan every 30 days to monitor your progress - And if it doesn’t work for you, you get your money back
Why not give it a try?
Which address do you want it sent to, home or office?
Critical Follow up
Set up the follow up scan NOW You MUST give them the ADR Instruction Sheet Follow up phone call SAME DAY to make sure they take the product that night, or within 4 days if sent through mail.
Training Health Care Professionals
Dr. Glenn Williams, D.C.
A poorly trained office is handicapped from the start… And set up for a lack of success
A well trained office is empowered from the start… And will feel OWNERSHIP in the program.
YOU MUST TAKE CHARGE!!!
You MUST have a ‘Point Person’ in the office – someone who is passionate about the program, and in charge.
The HCP MUST be an integral part of the process!
GOAL #1: Provide a tremendous benefit to your patients. GOAL #2: Initial Target: Enroll at least 35 patients on LifePak Automatic Delivery (ADR). GOAL #3: Continue enrolling patients on LifePak Automatic Delivery (ADR). GOAL #4: Retain patients on Automatic Delivery.
Step by Step Cookie-cutter approach
and select ‘Click Here to Begin Your Training’
to accomplish the following steps:
12 Steps to Success
STEP 1: View the 20 minute Training DVD. STEP 2: NEW!
Join the HCP email update list!
STEP 3: Make copies of this Training Manual for the entire staff STEP 4: Read through training guide - How to do a successful scanner event - Study scripting - How to sign up patients on auto delivery - Read Q & A’s
12 Steps to Success
STEP 5: Watch the BioPhotonic Scanner video clip STEP 6: Click the ‘Antioxidant’ Tab to learn about Antioxidants -listen to online audio antioxidant explanation STEP 7: Learn about the Pharmanex Difference STEP 8: Learn how the Antioxidant Scanner works
12 Steps to Success
STEP 9: Review the Patient Education Tools STEP 10: See how much you learned! Print and take the quiz STEP 11: Visit your "my office" to track patient accounts etc. -www.pharmanexusa.com - My office - User name/password (set up with Pharmanex) - My volumes and genealogy STEP 12: Go to HCP Training and Tour in Provo.
Make sure they ‘get it’’
IN PERSON TRAINING or ON THE PHONE TRAINING
Make sure they understand:
Antioxidants, the Pharmanex Difference, and the Scanner. Go over the Scanning Script. Answer any and all questions.
Make sure they ‘get it’
If possible, do in-house training for the ENTIRE STAFF. BE PREPARED TO ANSWER QUESTIONS/OBJECTIONS These are good. This gives you the opportunity to handle them, so they’re not a problem in the future!
On Going Support
Just because you have them trained, doesn’t mean that’s the end of it. You have to continue working with them, following up, calling them AT LEAST every couple of weeks.
On Going Support
Help them run ongoing contests:
Most improved score of the month Best testimonial of the month. Anything you or they can think of! Prize can be 30 minute massage More ideas in the Training Manual
Teach them to have Testimonial Boards with Pictures, starting with the Doctor’s and Staff’s testimonials!
On Going Support
Get on the NEW Health Care Professional Email List at
If done right, we can greatly improve
the patients health, increase the staff’s take home pay, and create residual income streams that can last for LIFE!
Let’s do it right!
Order Products & Scan Certificates
Initial Order $5,500 “Health Care & Wellness Professional Package” Contains: 1000 Scan Certificates
(Charging $30 per scan, creates an ROI of $30,000) Also contains product for first 20 Patients $1000 of other Product Solutions Access to Specialized Training
Lease an S2 SCANNER!
90% 1 year buy-back policy
SIMPLE . .. .. .4-STEP SET-UP SIMPLE 4-STEP SET-UP
1. 2. 3. 4.
Health Care Professionals Pkg.
Auto Delivery Rewards (ADR)
Event in your Business/Practice
Program into your Daily Operation
Proven Business Model
• • • • • • Staff Training & Support Product & Technical Support Marketing & Promotional Materials Requires very little HCP/Staff time Less explanation necessary Product shipped directly to patient from Pharmanex • Pharmanex takes care of billing, back office - everything!
Return on Investment in 11Day Return on Investment in Day
• • • • • • • • Scan 60 Patients @ $30/Scan = $1,800 Assume 40 go on the program (ADR) Sell Product from Initial Inventory to 15 (avg. $150) = $2,250 Other 25 get 1st order shipped (avg. $130) @ 15% commission = $485 $10 Scanner Bonus for generating ADR = $200
– (assume 2 scanners; ½ on doctor’s)
$20 bonus for all new ADR accounts set up (X40) = $800 (paid after 2nd month) Total collected on 1ST DAY = $5,535 Less $750 fee to senior partner for scanner launch and training: - $750
Net to Practice or Business: $4,785
Monthly income on 40 ADR’s (@$130) $5,200 mo sales x 21% = $1,092 per month to practice ongoing (in 1st year = in excess of $12,000 on first 40 patients
1 Year’s Income from 1 Event 1 Year’s Income from 1 Event
• • With 40 patients on an average order of $130, the volume of sales for the second month forward will be $5,200. Commission paid (at 21% for this volume) would be $1,092 per month, generating $12,012 additional income over the next 11 months. Total earned in 1st year for one days scanning event: Day 1/Month 1: $4,785 Months 2 through 12: $12,012 Total First Year’s Income from One day scanning event: $16,797 (Additional Income will be derived from rescans on these 40 patients during the first year.) Adding two new patients per week over the next year would add 100 more patients, generating an additional $35,000 of income annually. Based on this scenario, the scanner lease payments would be refunded each month (min. of 5 new ADR’s/mo. on a scanner certified product).
• Company with a Mission • Scientific Validation
– Clinical Trials
– 3rd party validation
• Exclusive Measuring Tool (scanner) • Unique products that work • Total Wellness Program satisfying
Dr. Glenn Williams, D.C. Lori Hart
Ask the Health Care Professional