This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
Mizan Rahman M2SYS Technology
• Winner of 2007 Frost & Sullivan Biometrics Technology Innovation of the Year Award • Winner of 2011 Frost & Sullivan New Product Innovation Award • Primary Markets Served: Public Safety – Law Enforcement, Electoral, Healthcare, Banking, Education, POS, Childcare, Transportation, Workforce Management, Membership Management, Application Security • Tens of Thousands of Customer Deployments in 100 Countries Worldwide
Commercial & Civil Biometrics
Country USA Project Single Sign On, POS, Workforce Management, Membership Management, School Lunch Ghost Worker Project, Hajj Project, SIM card registration Micro-Credit Bank account holder verification, Patient Identification Patient Identification Workforce Management, Customer loyalty program
Nigeria Rwanda Haiti
Significance of Civil & Commercial Biometrics?
Global Biometric Forecast to 2012 – “facial recognition, fingerprint, AFIS, and Iris are anticipated to account for around 84% of the global biometric market by 2013 end This is possible due to the growing acceptance of these technologies in various civil and commercial applications including financial sector, security, POS (Point of Sale), ATMs, border security (passports and customer ID), etc.”
Impediment to Commercial Biometric
• Age of the users • Working class • Intuitive design • User feedback • Footprint
• Cold • Dry • Wet
• Biometric module can’t be more expensive then the main system
Keys to successful a deployment
1 2 3
• Setting the right expectation • Training the operators and end users • Selling the right solution
Doing business in International Market
Support Availability Price Sensitivity
Process of doing business with various continents varies significantly. People will call one day and ask for delivery of the product the next day!
Must have structure to provide technical support during the client’s business hours Every industry vertical requires a special price structure
Drivers of the Commercial Biometrics Business
Access Control Password Management Blood/Plasma Donor * Digital Signature (trade execution, loan processing)
After school program
Fee Lunch Program
Hybrid Biometric Platform™ (HBP) is an enterprise-ready biometric recognition system that supports fingerprint, finger vein, palm vein, and iris biometrics. HBP is “plug-and-play” with any of these biometric modalities, ensuring near 100% read rates for any biometric technology implementation.
• One integration provides access to an enterprise-ready, Hybrid Biometrics™ system. • Immediately utilize fingerprint, finger vein, palm vein, and iris recognition. • Unlike four, separate low-level SDKs, Hybrid Biometric Platform™ is pre-built, scalable, easily integrated, and lowers total cost of ownership. • Ensure 100% read rates, regardless of environmental, demographic, or other factors that negatively impact some forms of biometrics.
Where are we going?
Compact and Mature capture devices
New and improved modalities (Vein, Voice)
Facial recognition by Facebook