This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
• Founded by author, speaker, and coach John Alexandrov in 2004 • Perceived in the industry as the “Mercedes Benz” coaching company (top 1% agents) Our Mission: REIC is an innovative real estate coaching and media company that creates cutting edge coaching programs, proven business strategies, and dynamic social media marketing systems. We are dedicated to promoting our services with integrity, honesty and authenticity. Excellence is our standard and we are passionately committed to the achievement of your success. With REIC, you will confidently advance toward the fulfillment of your dreams. Our social media advice is foremost meant to be great business advice!
About Jarred Alexandrov
• • • • Facebook user since 2004. Written blogs since 2000. Written and marketed 3 Ebooks. Created hundreds of coaching and social media leads for REIC through social media. • Created over 200 Facebook fan pages for real estate agents, loan officers, and attorneys. • Created dozens of closed leads for real estate agents. • Teach Social Media CEU courses around the country • Founder of the Certified Social Media Agent™ designation. • Created www.reicconnect.com, www.fanpagesforrealestate.com, www.fanpagecode.com, www.socialmediareagent.com
Social Media should do what for your business?
- Get me a lot of new leads - Let me stop calling on the phone - Rank 1st on Google for everything - Replace my website (are you an internet marketer??) At a minimum social media will help you with 2 important things: Being found online, and being verified online, which helps get you qualified leads.
Today, The Only real excuse you have for not using social media is…
“I’m retiring tomorrow!”
“It’s not IF you do social media…it’s how well you do it” – Erik Qualman, author of Socialnomics People are making hiring and buying decisions differently today than they did… • 30 years ago (cable TV) • 13 years ago (internet) • 3 years ago (social media) • 3 months ago (social search from Bing and Google) • 30 days ago (social relevance score)
Home-buyers use social media in their decision making process and until you understand how, you’ll miss out on innumerable opportunities to be their agent.
The Buying Processes…
I need a REALTOR©
Ask a friend / ask a colleague / use someone I’ve used in the past
reviews Make contact
Call a company I just saw/read/heard advertising on TV/Radio/Billboard/Ne wspaper/Magazine
website reviews Social Media Make contact
Who Uses This Process (in general)? -Older This will - local go away. never - families - not always looking for lowest price
Who Uses This Process? This is going awayright -Needs service unless it is integrated with this away --------------> - responding to an offer - trusts the source
Who Uses This This is why Google is Process? worth 150 billion -Younger dollars. - It works for the mobile consumer - first-time home buyers
It’s Not Really About Social Media…It’s about Online Reputation.
Google Results Social Media Presence and Professionalism Website
Leads from People Searching for You or Your Service Online
Review Sites: Yelp, Trulia, Zillow
What Shows Up When Somebody Google's your name?
Brokerage Facebook Zillow
The More You Show Up The More Leads You get
Zillow, Trulia, Yahoo! Real Estate are most used Real Estate Websites
The Architecture that is Right for Most Agents
-Create scripts, marketing pieces, and learn to position yourself as a techsavvy REALTOR© using your Facebook page as evidence. - Promote your page through email marketing, newsletters, in-person, website, and other accounts
Facebook Fan Page
- Spend 10 minutes per day finding useful content that others have already created for you and post it to your Facebook fan page (and linkedin groups if you want) - Have LinkedIn, Zillow, and Trulia profiles filled out and ask for testimonials.
Add yourself to Google Local Places Directory (www.google.com/places)
LinkedIn Profile and Linkedin Groups
Less Time Spent BUT Time Well Spent = Results
Who is this right for? •Knows they need to be on social media or risk becoming a dinosaur. • Prefers NOT to create content themselves but is good at knowing what their clients want to know about. • Understands the value of “top-ofmind” awareness with past clients. • Wants to up their percentage of online leads from 0 to 5%-10% of their business!!!!!
If this is you, great…follow the rest of my advice!
Beyond Online Reputation Management, Social Media Helps You… 1. Use facebook in a professional way and gain access to your connections connections. 2. Makes you easier to refer because you can be verified online. 3. To help secure more listings by differentiating yourself and your marketing capabilities (taught at an all day event).
4. To drip on your past clients for free and provide valuable resources and information. 5. Communicate with your clients using the platforms they are comfortable using.
Which Social Media Sites Should You Use?
1. Facebook: a) The 3 step process to a great start on Facebook. b) If you don’t have an facebook business page you’re at a disadvantage.
2. Blog: a) What are the stats on blogging? b) Which blogging platform is best?
3. LinkedIn a) Solidify business connections b) Drive traffic to your blog 4. Twitter: a) An easy distribution platform
5. You Tube: a) Posting video and virtual tours increases your Google ranking over 50%
6. Google+ ??
Here is How Blogging Works:
• The more you blog, the better chance you have of being found on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google, Bing, and Yahoo. • The better chances you have of being found on those sites, the more attention you will get (if you are creating good content). • The more attention you get, the more leads you get. • The more leads you get, the more homes you sell.
The more I blog…the more business we get.
Keys to Blogging: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. You have to enjoy writing and commit to doing it consistently You have write about a broad range of interesting topics You have to choose the correct platform You have to know how to promote your blog posts You have to know how to optimize your posts for Social Media and search engines
If you’re going to…how?
A) B) C) Wordpress (ideally the best free option but learning curve) Posterous (easy to use and automatic distribution) Maybe ActiveRain (monthly fee but can be very effective) Write a mix of property updates, vendors, community info, and opinions on the market.
LinkedIn: The “business only” version of Facebook a) Great for making business connections and recruiting b) Drive traffic to your blog by joining groups in your area and posting your blog posts c) Somebody changes jobs or locations? Contact them! (Same for Facebook…this works! )
Twitter: The easy way to distribute what you blog and post on Facebook a) Twitter connects easily to blogs, LinkedIn and Facebook, but take constant monitoring to build a following b) Worth having an account and promoting your blog because Twitter is factored into the search engine rankings
Too Much Time for Too Little Results = Not a Good Business Decision
You Tube: A way to provide visual content and effect your search rankings. a) Video of open houses. b) Video of client testimonials. c) Google owns YouTube so it has a vested interest in promoting videos.
Google+: Interesting so far. Good for people who are already using gmail and other google products a lot. Helps you get ranked on Google so you should get on it and fill out your profiel. - It’s not having a significant effect on Facebook (or twitter, or linkedin). - It’s mostly industry gurus talking to each other!
Differences between a Facebook profile and a Facebook Business Page
Facebook Profile/Personal Page Personal Updates? Business Updates? Customized Tabs? Market Data Imported? Listings Imported? Testimonials Displayed? MLS Search ability? Opt-In Forms? Free? Yes No No No No No No No Yes Facebook Fan Page/Business Page No Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Facebook Personal Profile’s have “Friends”, Facebook Business Pages Have “Fans” – they are separate from each other so you could have a friend on your profile who isn’t a fan on your page.
3 Step Process to a Great Start on Facebook.
1. Get your Facebook fan page/business page set-up correctly. • Without a custom fan page, you can’t lead capture, enhance your online reputation, or provide the latest information without spending a lot of time on it.
2. Promote the page to your past clients and sphere of influence via your personal Facebook page, emails, phone calls, email signature, etc. • Need to get 25 fans within the first few weeks to get custom web address • Add your facebook web address to your email signature, other materials
3. Get in the habit of posting useful information to your page on a consistent basis. • This can be once-a-day, or once-a-week. There is not set formula and it is different for each person. • “Sharing” other people’s content on Facebook is easy AND keeps you top-ofmind with your referral partners
Some Agents Use Facebook to Replace their Website
Professional pages can have: a) Your Listings b) Lead Capture forms c) Automatically update Market Data d) Display testimonials e) MLS Search f) Link to your website/blog g) Links to your best vendors h) Your contact info i) A unique web address j) Helpful resources k) Apps from Zillow, Trulia if necessary
Facebook Profile: For most people this is your personal account to stay in touch with friends and family. • • It can be separate from your business account You can “hide” it so nobody can find it.
Facebook Business Page: The way to fully realize the benefits of being on Facebook!
Facebook Landing Tab Examples
Picture and Call to Action Buttons
How Does Hingham REALTOR Tricia Powers have 470 fans and 1000+ views on every post she does?
1. It's not all about you! Post 4 things useful to every 1 thing that will help you. 2. Make it fun. Inject a little humor. Humor in my experience is what gets people to interact and enjoy the page. 3. Post about once a day, but make it useful info. 4. Tell people about your page and have the link on your email signature.
Sources of Content
http://real-estate.alltop.com/ www.patch.com (select your state then town) Local newspapers Your loan officers Your attorneys www.HousingMatrix.com kcmblog.com Your brokerage (www.youtube.com/kellerwilliams ) www.HouseLogic.com CnnMoney, Yahoo Finance, Wall Street Journal
1. Manage your online reputation to increase your chances of capturing more leads (and losing less)!
2. Avoid spending too much time on your accounts. Set them up professionally and then focus on Facebook and LinkedIn. 3. Learn to position yourself as the type of agent that can use social media to improve the marketing of your listings.
Full Online Reputation Set-Up: $650
- Add you to Google Local Places Directory. - Set you up and/or optimize your Zillow and Trulia Profiles. - Includes asking your past clients to review you on each site.
First 2 People to Sign Up - Create or enhance your Facebook business/fan page by adding a custom landing tab. Get a Free Facebook - Set-up and/or optimize your LinkedIn profile and Timeline twitter account and connect it to your Facebook Conversion page. Online Reputation Set-Up Without Facebook Page: $397 Advanced Facebook Page: $497
This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
We've moved you to where you read on your other device.
Get the full title to continue reading from where you left off, or restart the preview.