• Chiromancy (Greek cheir (χειρ), “hand”; manteia (μαντεία), “divination”), • Art of Characterization • Foretelling The Future
• Indian Astrology (known in Sanskrit as Jyotish) and Roma (gypsy) fortune tellers • 5,000 years ago • India to China, Tibet, Egypt, Persia etc
The Life Line
Vitality and length of your life. Always present. Easiest to recognize. Length tells approx age.
This line begins on the edge of the palm, between the index finger and the thumb. It extends across the middle of the palm and wraps around the base of the thumb.
• (1) Youth, (2) Adult, (3) Old age. • Long and deep – long life full of vitality and health. • Short line, if strong and deep – great vitality & ability to overcome health problems. • Short and shallow – tendency to be controlled by others. • Extra lines are often noted as vitality lines. If your Life Line is doubled, or even tripled, then this shows a great vitality in your life, and positive forces around you.
• A swooping semicircular line around the base of the thumb shows great strength and enthusiasm, as well as an improved love life. • If the line is straight and sticks close to the side of your palm, then this is a sign of a limited exploration of love and a very cautious nature. • A chained line indicates various health problems, both physical and emotional. Many people with allergies have such a line as well.
• Lines crossing through the Life Line indicate either worries or danger, however a star indicates some sort of crisis. • This type of line extends to the middle of the palm, away from the thumb towards the base of the hand. This represents a life that consists of a lot of travelling. • A break represents a sudden change in life style, an accident or an illness.
Lines extending up and above the Life Line show the ability to recover from situations. Lines extending below the Life Line show a habit of wasting energy.
The Head Line
• Second most important line • Deals with your beliefs, your philosophy, your attitude on and how you approach life. • Representation of your mentality and intelligence. The Head Line begins just above the life line, on the side of the palm between the thumb and the index finger, and spans horizontally across the palm.
• • • •
(1) represents youth, (2) represents adult, (3) represents old age. Head Line and Life Line joined at the beginning – strong sense of mind, rules over your body. – Cautious and fearful outlook. Separated lines – adventurous and enthusiastic. Deep long line stretching across the palm – logical and direct way of thinking. Straighter line – more realistic thinking, and the deeper the line, the better the memory. Shorter line – limited mental aims, and the shift towards "physical" thinking rather than reflection.
• Short line curved upwards – short attention span (scatterbrain) • Long line curved upward – retentive memory. • Down swooped towards the heel – imaginative and creative. • Wavy line – short attention span, with a lack of deep thinking.
• Double lines show strong mental abilities. • A donut or a cross through the Head Line represents a mental crisis.
A broken line shows a distinct change in your way of thinking, sometimes even characteristic of a nervous breakdown. A star on your line represents a significant mental achievement. • Crosses through the line indicate major decisions in your life. • The space created between the Life Line and the Head Line is known as the Angle of Luck. The greater the space, the greater your luck. The smaller the space, the less luck seems to stand by your side.
The Heart Line
• The Heart Line deals with all the emotions and events that are centered around love, whether it be your ability to love, or be loved. In general, the stronger and deeper the line, the stronger and warmer your devotions. The Heart Line is the horizontal line above the Head Line. It begins beneath either the index finger or middle finger and extends across to the edge of the palm on the side of the little finger.
(1) Youth, (2) Adult, (3) Old age.
A normal and content love life is represented by the line that starts beneath the index finger. A selfish and materialistic look at love is characteristic to those whose Heart Line start below the middle finger. A slight disregard to the true meaning of love and its responsibilities are indicated by the line that starts between the middle and index finger. The person tends to easily give their heart away.
If the line extends boldly across the entire palm, then the person tends to look for those whose status rises above their own, and has great respect for them. If such a line is very straight and parallel to the Head Line, then it shows strong emotional control. If the line is long and curved (especially upwards), then the person has a pleasant, romantic nature, great warmth in their actions. They may also tend to give all of themselves to love, no matter the costs. A short line shows a lack of interest in the affairs of love and affections. However if the short line is also very strong and deep, then the person's affections tend to be quite stable.
• A wavy line, as well as a broken or chained line, represents many love interests, but none of them very serious. • A star on the line represents happiness in your marriage. • A donut on the line represents a time of depression.
• Emotional loss may be symbolized by a broken line, as well as a line with small lines crossing through it. Such losses include deaths and the end of relationships. • Happiness in love is shown by small lines that extend upward from the Heart Line. However, if the lines extend downward, then it symbolizes a disappointment. • Protection from a loved one is indicated by double lines.
The Marriage & Children Lines
• Marriage is indicated by the little line (or lines) that are located just below the base of the little finger. Several light lines in this area will indicate romances. The lines that are strong and clear in this area will indicate marriage. The closer the lines are to the base of the little finger, the later in life these marriages will be.
• The presence of more than one line in this area indicates more than one marriage. 1: this will be the first marriage, 2: this will be the second. • Lines that meet the Marriage Line, but don't cross it, indicate children that will be born into the marriage. • A line with a fork at the start, toward the back of the hand, indicates a long engagement.
A fork on the end of the Marriage Line, toward the palm, indicates separation (with or without divorce). A line that cuts off the Marriage Line at the end indicates the end of the marriage in death or divorce. • The overlapping of lines in this manner indicates an affair, or affairs, while one is married. • If the Marriage Line breaks, then resumes with an overlap, this indicates a separation, and later, reunion.
The Health Line
• The Health Line deals with the material well being as much as the physical. This is especially so when the Life Line may be missing or faint. If a person has very faint fate, fame and success lines, then the Health Line also plays a strong part in the development of material wealth. • The Health Line can be found extending from below the little finger, down across the palm, to the base of the thumb. Sometimes it may even join with the Life Line.
• (1) Youth, (2) Adult, (3) Old age. • If the line is strong and undisturbed, then you tend to have a strong business sense as well as the strength to work hard to make money. • Wavy lines show potential health problems as a result of anxiety and nervousness.
• A broken line, tends to show that poor health will create problems in your business situations.
• If the line is crossed, then you tend to be prone to accidents. • If there is an extra line that branches out onto the life line, then there may be some sort of life-threatening situation in your old age.
• • •
If a square appears on the line, it is a sign of protection, whether it be in the form of good medical treatment, or aid in solving a business problem. A donut on the line indicates a potential need for hospitalization. Because they are closely related, the triangle formed by the Life, Head and Health Lines are considered very important. This is known as The Lucky Triangle, where the broader the area of the triangle, the greater your luck.
The Fate Line
• The Fate Line, also known as the line of destiny, tells the effect society and world events have upon your life (things that come to you from outside). The stronger and deeper the line, the more strongly fate controls your life. If the line has many breaks or changes of direction, it means that you are prone to many changes in your life from circumstances you can't control.
This line begins in the middle of the palm, near the wrist, and runs towards the base of the middle finger.
(1) Youth, (2) Adult, (3) Old age. If the Fate Line starts joined to the life line, it indicates that you are a selfmade individual. Often you will know very early in life just what your life's aspirations are. If your Fate Line starts clearly and at the wrist, but joins the Life Line, this indicates a point where you have to surrender your own interests to those of other people. If the Fate Line separates again from the Life Line, it indicates that you are now in control of your life again.
If your Fate Line starts on the base of your thumb, inside your life line's curve, it indicates a point where family or close friends are supportive of you.
If your Fate Line starts at the base of your palm, this indicates that your life will find its way into the public eye. You may rise from obscurity to be a politician, or an entertainer. If a break occurs in your Fate Line at the Head Line and goes on, this indicates that you will successfully change your job in your middle years.
A star at the end of the Fate Line indicates that destiny has marked you for success. 1: If the line with a star ends under the index finger, you will find fame in non-creative fields. 2: If the starred line ends under the middle finger, you will see success after ten years of hard work. 3: If the line ends under the ring finger, you will find success in the creative arts field. Islands and breaks in your Fate Line show periods where your life will not flow so smoothly. Fate has some trouble in store for you. Lines that cross the Fate Line foreshadow times where your destiny is opposed by others.
The Fame Line
• The Line of Fame reinforces the Line of Fate. Sometimes this line may be missing on the palm, in this case one's future fame must be looked for in other areas of the palm. The Line of Fame influences the social rewards of success. Those who lack this line may still be successful but may will do without public acclaim. This line starts at the base of the hand, and moves its way up to below the ring finger, running parallel to the Line of Fate.
• (1) Youth, (2) Adult, (3) Old age. • A strong and clear Line of Fame indicates both distinction and satisfaction with your life's work. • If the line appears broken, this is an indication of the ups and downs of your social recognition.
• If the line travels to the ring finger, this indicates fame in the arts. • Starting at the Head Line running through the Heart Line, indicates hard work and success late in life. But a fork ending the line indicates that the success may be dubious in value. • If the line ends beneath the ring finger in a star or triangle, spectacular success awaits in the fine arts field. A square in the same area indicates you to be a kindly patron.
The simplest divisions of the hands are the areas called "Mounts".
The Mount of Jupiter Ambition, Ego, Drive for Power, Achievement, Leadership. The Mount of Saturn Serious, Intellectual, Somber, Moody, Scientific Investigation. The Mount of Apollo Brilliance, Creativity, Artistic, Beauty, Emotional Fulfillment. The Mount of Mercury Communications, Spirituality, Commerce.
• The Mount of Venus Passion, Lust, Desire, and other Raw Emotions. • The Mount of Mars Positive Physical Courage, Martial Spirit, Aggression. • The Mount of Mars Negative Mental Courage, Inner Strength, Resistance. • The Mount of Luna Imagination, Reproduction, Fear.
COLOR OF THE HANDS
• Pink: Healthy, Optimistic, Vital.
• Red: Anger, Temper, Acute, Inflamed.
• Yellow: Bitter, Malicious
• Brown: Depression, Unforgiving, Chronic.
• White: Lifeless, Apathetic, Unmotivated.
• Index Finger - Ambition/Career • Middle Finger - The Mind/Money • Ring Finger - Emotions • Baby Finger
– Communications – Spirituality
• The Thumb - Willpower and Control
The length of the fingers shows the individual's patience and ability to carry out tedious tasks.
A straight finger shows straightforward views and actions pertaining to the aspects of that finger. Spaces Between Fingers The amount of space between the fingers also tells us much about the subject. Knuckles Knuckles are either smooth or knotted.