Arnette Swain. Pentecost
Pentēkostē [hēmera]. Pentecost 2
. •In The Christian Faith it commemorates the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the remaining eleven Apostles of Christ in the Upper Room. Hag ha Shavuot
•The Name Pentecost is an old Greek and Latin name to represent the Jewish Harvest Festival •Pentecost is also known as Shavuot which means Festival of Weeks and •Ancient Israeli celebration signifying the giving of the Law on Sinai (The Ten Commandments) to Moses.
24/05/2012 Arnette Swain. Pentecost is celebrated 50 days after Easter Sunday or seven weeks after the Exodus (Passover).
. Shavuot • Weeks: counting down the weeks of the Omer (7wks or 50days) • Harvest: tradition TIME OF HARVEST in the Jewish calendar
• Feast of First fruits: bringing the first frit of your field to the Lord
• Shavuot: Feast of weeks
24/05/2012 Arnette Swain. feast of Harvest. feast of First Fruits.• Names: Pentecost. feast of Weeks.
. Ruth 1:16-18. 2. As the Feast of Harvest
• Exodus 23:(16) 14-16. As the day of the infilling of the Holy Spirit on the Apostles • Acts 2:1.• Pentecost can be looked at from three different perspectives:
1. 20:16 and 1 Corinthians 16:8.
• I will attempt to look at Pentecost from the perspective of the Feast of Harvest
24/05/2012 Arnette Swain. Deuteronomy 16:10. 16. As the Feast of weeks • Exodus 34:22. book of Ruth. • 3.
he gave an offering to the father. he was harvested
24/05/2012 Arnette Swain. being thankful
• This is the time of rededication • This is the time for the males to come before the Lord
• This is the time for saints to remember the first born of the Lord (Jews)
• This is a time of remembering the giving of the Torah. Pentecost 5
. the word
• This is the time to remember why we serve the Lord
• This is the time to remember our Jewish roots/ foundation • This is the time to remember the poor and unfortunate
• Jesus was the first fruit raised from the dead.• This is the time of the harvest • This is the time for the First Fruits to be brought to the Lord
• The time for freewill offering.
Arnette Swain. just as Israel willingly accepted the Torah without knowing its content.when we think of Ruth we may think that Ruth is just a love story about how a woman met the man chosen and ordained by God to change the direction of her life and assist her into her destiny as the grandmother of King David and the very lineage that Christ came through. during the time of the spring Harvest.• Traditionally the book of Ruth is read during the Shavuot. • ----. Ruth 1:16-18. Ruth is a picture of the willing acceptance of the Jewish lifestyle. Ruth believed in order to understand. Pentecost
the ways of God and his laws and decided to follow Him. Every Gentile believer has come down from the land of famine to the spiritual realm of abundance in Jesus Christ. what about you?). – he has come to give us life. she embraced the people of Israel.• But its more than that.
24/05/2012 Arnette Swain. Ruth is the symbol of every Gentile who has ever come to faith through Israel’s God (Ruth was a moabitess who embraced God. Pentecost 7
. and give it more abundantly (John 10:10). His first born.
24/05/2012 Arnette Swain.• Ruth responded to her Boaz and received him and his people. Pentecost 8
. and has turned her back on His people. she have not embraced her Boaz like Ruth. Ruth represent the redemptive love (Lev 25:32-55). She has not abandoned her filthy past. she already had the mind-set before she met Boaz. instead she has been selective and only eaten the bread of Boaz (Christ).
• But the church has missed the mark somewhat. she had said to Naomi ‘your people shall be my people and your God my God’ she embraced her Boaz and left her Moabite life and ways behind. Must we be like the church or be like Ruth? Remember God’s People and His laws that he gave through them.
• Jesus is called the bread of life. We cry out for our harvest. Now is the time to bring the First Fruits to the Lord in gratitude for what he has given you. 22.
• Jesus Christ Yeshua HaMoshiach is our example. and the bread of life harvested from the fields as in the story of Ruth and Boaz. 15-17.
Arnette Swain. Jesus was born just outside of Beth-Lehem (‘House of Bread’). what can we present to the Lord this Pentecost? Lev 23:9-11. Pentecost
. if He can give a harvest to the Lord what about us. we need to seek out our harvest.
get back to God. this is the time to get back in alignment. If He can take the enslaved Jews out of bondage from Egypt. 34:22-23). the word. what about you? What is your Egypt today? • Solution: The giving of the Torah. Pentecost 10
. see this is the time of redemption.• The Lord also asked for the males to be presented to him at this time (Exodus 23:17. God took the Jews out of Egypt to separate them from Pagan cultures and save them from destruction. give up your old ways and take on His ways. the Laws of Moses
24/05/2012 Arnette Swain. this is the time to get serious.
he means business with you. he want you to walk like him. And to be fully adopted unto the Lord. Pentecost
. This was the time of Full adoption.
• How can two walk together unless they agree? When we look back at Ruth how could she walk into her destiny unless she was in agreement with Naomi and then in agreement with Boaz? She would have missed her call.• The journey from Egypt to Sinai was 50days.
• I declare in Jesus name you shall not miss your call!
Arnette Swain. The Lord covenanted with His people and fully adopted them unto himself. when the Commandments and laws of God were given to man. and not fulfillher destiny. be like him and to please him.
.You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you. and you shall be my witnesses……to the end of the earth Acts1:8
Arnette Swain. Pentecost