This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
business process outsourcing (BPO). India‟s largest conglomerate with diverse business interests. Romania. consulting. Mexico.• Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is a part of TATA group. • TCS currently offers IT services. China. Australia. and Hungary Company Profile . engineering services and IT infrastructure services. • About 8.000 employees of their global workforce are from 65 different nationalities including Chile. Brazil.
• TCS continues to have the lowest attrition rate in the industry 10. • "The role of HR is to provide the context for energizing and developing people to play effective roles in ensuring that TCS becomes one of the top global consulting firms. HR Policies .8 per cent as against the industry attrition average of about 15 per cent • The company believes in the promise that “Good ideas can come from any level of the organization and teams can do better than the individuals”.
• Human resource planning involves getting the right number of qualified people into the right jobs at the right time so that an organization can meet its objectives. • It is the system of matching the supply of people with the openings the organization expects over a given time frame. its main objectives are: • Forecast Personnel Requirements • Use Existing Manpower Productively • It is done at top level at the end of every quarter and for every project. • At TCS. Human Resource Planning .
• It is based on • Activity to be performed • Skills required for that job • TCS is ensuring that there is a constant supply of the right human resources to the right career opportunities and that there is no mismatch between the roles and the available skill sets. Job Analysis .• TCS has attempted to create a segment solution to fit the needs of different layers of job opportunities within its environment.
• It Depends on: o Manpower cost o Effectiveness • External Recruitment can be on campus or off campus • Off Campus process includes recruitments from: o Advertisements o Associate referral process o TCS Job Portal o Consultants • Fresher o Mainly Campus Placements Recruitment and Selection .
• It has in place a well-planned induction programme for new recruits. Training and Development .• The primary motive of this consulting firm is to make its employees knowledgeable about the on going practices in their respective domains. which includes two months of intensive training at its dedicated training facility. • The company is also providing employees with Just -in-time training • It reinforces the concepts learnt during education/induction training through on-the-job experience.
• It is based on the EVA model i. Compensation Management System . • The package is determined on the basis of the level (recruited for) and the amount of experience an employee has. Economic Value Added Model.• TCS is reputed to be a world class employer which always cares for its employees and maintains sound yet flexible HR policies. • Its pay packages are designed in a way to accommodate for both the basic and incentive components.e.
promotion. o Motivating employees by indicating their performance levels. • It happens on o Quarterly Basis: Before confirmation by Speed 3 online tool o Half. yearly Basis : After confirmation by Speed 4 online tool Performance Appraisal . transfer and lay off or termination of services. o Determining training needs for further improvement in performance.• The major objectives of performance appraisal at TCS are: o Identifying employees for salary increases.
part-time or work from home facility. joining spouse overseas.• Flexible Working Hours • It has an Adoption Leave Policy benefits which is extended to male associates also • TCS also has other add-ons such as sabbaticals. as employees of the Tata group. associates get discounts on products and services of other Tata Group companies Employee Benefits . holiday homes across the country and welfare trust facilitation for higher education • Also.
o Foreign Language Initiative may help the associates to communicate effectively with the customers Analysis of TCS HR policies as a Group . • Suggestions: o It is better to encourage associates to attend various programs at premier B-schools across the globe. o Learning and Development managers can develop and deliver programs that will make their associates deliver value-for-money to their customers. for every fresher which is more reactive in nature and caters to the skills related to specific to a project.• Training and Development: o Company is providing employees with Just -in-time training.
Analysis of TCS HR policies as a Group . and improves understanding of personal goals and concerns.• Performance Appraisal: o Performance appraisal provides a format for dialogue between the superior and the subordinate. and the team meetings would be entirely Web based and Virtual. o They are helping to decide upon a pay raise where (as in the unorganized sector) regular pay scales have not been fixed. which has far flung operations scattered around the world. thus saving time. o This will help the appraisal system to be consistent. • Suggestions: o We suggest that for big companies like TCS. o Motivating employees by indicating their performance levels and assess the training and development needs of employees. they can create „one company. one system‟ performance management system.
Conclusion . • Through this project we got a great opportunity of knowing the HRM practices used in a corporate World. Gurgaon.• We had an excellent experience of interacting with HR manager of TCS.