This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
UDIT BHATIA 5th Sem (ECE)
CONTENTS :1.INTRODUCTION 2.WORKING 3.APPLICATION 4.ADVANTAGE 5.CHALLENGES 6.CONCLUSION
• Radio Frequency Identifi cation (RFID) is a silicon chip-based transponder that communicates via radio waves. . • RFID system has two main components: the RF reader and the RF tag .• RFID = Radio Frequency IDentification.
. • Device made up of an electronic circuit battery and an integrated antenna .Tag/ Transponder :• The tag holds the data.
Types of tags :• Active tags • Passive tags • Semi passive tags .
used to run the microchip’s cir-cuitry and to broadcast a signal to the reader • generally ensures a longer read range than passive tags • more expensive than passive tags (especial because usually are read/write) • the batteries must be replaced periodically .• powered by an internal battery.
• also called ‘pure passive’. ‘reflective’ or ‘beam powered’ • obtains operating power from the reader • the reader sends electromagnetic waves that induce current in the tag’s antenna. the tag reflects the RF signal transmitted and adds information by modulating the reflected signal .
Semi Passive Tags .
• uses a battery to maintain memory in the tag or power the elec-tronics that enable the tag to modulate the reflected signal • . as the other passive tags .communicates in the same method.
Reader.Receiver :• It includes an antenna. Host computer • This is the device used to read data from the RFID .
Reader uses two tag polling techniques:• Hands Down Polling • Hands Up Polling .
APPLICATIONS OF RFID:- • • • • • Transportation Security Manufacturing Agriculture Athletics .
• Airports : Security and Baggage Handling • Transportation and Access/Security • Medical Applications .
• Multiple items can be read with a single scan • Each tag can carry a lot of data (read/write) • Passive tags have a virtually unlimited lifetime • Active tags can be read from great distances • Can be combined with barcode .
• Effective read/write ranges of readers • Privacy • Cost .
and the elimination of unskilled labor are all contributors currently preventing the adoption of new RFID technologies.• Lack of standardization. slow technology development. high costs of implementation. Just in the last four years the . the cost of RFID equipment and software will continue to become more adorable. • As RFID technologies develop.
. RFID systems require no maintenance and can be used repeatedly. The bents that can be obtained are very far reaching and hence • RFID technology is certainly the step forward. .• Besides.