This action might not be possible to undo. Are you sure you want to continue?
WHAT IS POSITIVE THINKING
• The term might imply, positive thinking is simply a matter of learning to think more positively and to express your thoughts in terms that convey your ability to reach life goals and feel successful
• Positive thinking helps with stress management and can even improve your health. Overcome negative self-talk by recognizing it and practicing with some examples provided • Positive thinking enhances focus on your job and can help to reduce the chance of accidents
HERM ALBRIGHT (1876 - 1944)
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)
CHANGES OVER TIME OF THE GENERATIONS
OPTIMISM – LEADS TO POSITIVE THINKING
• Optimism is a mental attitude that interprets situations and events as being best (optimized), meaning that in some way for factors that may not be fully comprehended, the present moment is in an optimum state. The concept is typically extended to include the attitude of hope for future conditions unfolding as optimal as well. The more broad concept of optimism is the understanding that all of nature, past, present and future, operates by laws of optimization
POSITIVE THINKING – WHAT YOU GET
• Positive thinking brings inner peace, success, improved relationships, better health, happiness and satisfaction. It also helps the daily affairs of life move more smoothly, and makes life look bright and promising.
POSITIVE ATTITUDE – PEOPLE LOVE YOU
• Think about happiness, good health and success, and you will cause people to like you and desire to help you, because they enjoy the vibrations that a positive mind emits
• In order to make positive thinking yield results, you need to develop a positive attitude toward life, expect a successful outcome of whatever you do, but also take any necessary actions to ensure your success
WATCH YOURSELF LIFE IS ENJOYABLE
• Watch your thoughts; they become words. • Watch your words; they become actions.
• Watch your actions; they become habits.
• Watch your habits; they become character. • Watch your character: it becomes your destiny.
PRINCIPLES OF POSITIVE THINKING
• Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours
POSITIVE THINKING CREATES HAPPINESS
• Let goals and priorities for what you think and do.. This will help you stay organized and achieve the most important goals first. Then you will have no regrets, no blames, no discouragement, no negativity; but satisfactory positivity.
SOME COMMON FORMS OF NEGATIVE AND IRRATIONAL SELF-TALK INCLUDE
• Filtering. You magnify the negative aspects of a situation and filter out all of the positive ones • Personalizing. When something bad occurs, you automatically blame yourself. • Catastrophizing. You automatically anticipate the worst.
• Polarizing. You see things only as either good or bad, black or white.
I've never done it before
It's an opportunity to learn something new
It's too complicated
I don't have the resources
There's not enough time
There's no way it will work No one bothers to communicate with me
I'll tackle it from a different angle Necessity is the mother of invention. Let's re-evaluate some priorities I can try to make it work. I'll see if I can open the channels of communication.
YOUR COMPANY MAKES DIFFERENCE SEARCH FOR POSITIVE PEOPLE
• Be careful the company you keep. It is good to be around positive thinking people who radiate positive attitudes. However, encountering a positive person may seem a difficult task. Not to worry, persistent searching will make you meet people with positive minds. To be candid, there are numerous positive people, only if you will ‘look’ for them.
YOU CAN LEARN POSITIVE THINKING
• Instead of giving in to these kinds of negative self-talk, weed out misconceptions and irrational thinking and then challenge them with rational, positive thoughts.
FEW ACTIONS AND TIPS TO HELP YOU DEVELOP THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING:
• Always use only positive words while thinking and while talking. Use words such as, 'I can', 'I am able', 'it is possible', 'it can be done', etc. • Allow into your awareness only feelings of happiness, strength and success. • Try to disregard and ignore negative thoughts. Refuse to think such thoughts, and substitute them with constructive happy thoughts. • In your conversation use words that evoke feelings and mental images of strength, happiness and success. • Before starting with any plan or action, visualize clearly in your mind its successful outcome. If you visualize with concentration and faith, you will be amazed at the results.
WILLIAM JAMES (1842 - 1910) PHILOSOPHER & PSYCHOLOGIST
The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind.
WE CAN HELP LESS PRIVILEGED
• When you expect success and say "I can", you fill yourself with confidence and joy.
• Fill your mind with light, hope and feelings of strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities.
THE HEALTH BENEFITS OF POSITIVE THINKING
• Researchers continue to explore the effects of positive thinking and optimism on health. Health benefits that positive thinking may provide include: • Increased life span • Lower rates of depression • Lower levels of distress • Greater resistance to the common cold • Better psychological and physical well-being • Reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease • Better coping skills during hardships and times of stress
STRENGTHEN PERSONAL HAPPINESS
• Work on something challenging.
• Do something for others. • Smile often. • Join a group. • Give someone a break.
• Try to keep things in perspective.
• Take care of yourself.
AN OPTIMISTIC ATTITUDE CAN DO WONDERS FOR OUR HEALTH
• Canadian Medical Association Journal • A study that spanned 30 years and looked at patients’ attitudes after surgery or some health procedure • Found that the power of positive thinking was real • Patients who felt they would do well in recovery did • Patients who were scared or pessimistic about recovery did not recover as quickly as the optimists
• Don’t dwell on failures, just avoid repeating them • Surround yourself with positive people and ideas • Keep trying until you achieve the results you want.
THANK OF ALMIGHTY THE GOD
• Every night before you go to bed, spend 5 minutes saying thank you out loud for the experiences you had that day: the people you interacted with, the work you accomplished, the food you ate, etc…As you do this, really try and feel the gratitude emanate from within.
SHOE SHINE STORY
• Get out of the revenge mode immediately • Trust your intuition • Persist through obstacles • Every adversity has a positive side • Little things have big consequences
BE IN CONTROL
There is very little in this world that we can control….other than our thoughts.
BEGIN A NEW LIFE EVERY DAY A NEW OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU